T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

We really have to try to get Prince now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

I just read it on ESPN also. However according to ESPN, McGrady hasn't signed yet. The offer is 1 year @ the vet minimum.
       For some reason Ainge didn't have interest in McGrady. At the vet minimum, why not have interest?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?:
    [QUOTE]I just read it on ESPN also. However according to ESPN, McGrady hasn't signed yet. The offer is 1 year @ the vet minimum.    For some reason Ainge didn't have interest in McGrady. At the vet minimum, why not have interest?
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I think we have enough headaches right now.  I was all for TMAC - then we got Shaq.
    Prince is available, DET has said that, but HOW do we get him?  Sheeds' contract isn't enough - we need more assets!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

do you have a link where Detroit has made him available?

I'd trade Sheed, Perk or Baby and our #1 pick in '11 for Prince in a heartbeat

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'd take Prince but the only offer I'd make to them is Sheed's contract. Sheed can go back and retire a Piston. Prince would be ideal off the bench.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get? : Contracts don't match up - you need another $3m to go along with Sheed. http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5659519
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

then give them cash but for God's sakes don't give them glen davis.  that would be a terrible mistake.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Exactly, I wouldn't give up BBD for a guy that seems to have a shotty back.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Glen Davis will get less minutes this year so why dont give him to get a player like Prince?

Look in the next summer BBD is a free agent and will demand more money.

Wich we probably wont be able to match.

Look at this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2e3z8p4

This is a win-win situation.

Tell me why we shouldnt do this

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I would do that trade. Davis is a solid backup at this point of his career, no less, no more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Glen Davis will get less minutes this year so why dont give him to get a player like Prince? Look in the next summer BBD is a free agent and will demand more money. Wich we probably wont be able to match. Look at this trade: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2e3z8p4 This is a win-win situation. Tell me why we shouldnt do this
    Posted by RondoIsHustle[/QUOTE]

davis is making $3m.  his overrated and underachieving teammate from LSU, vyrus thomas just inked at $8m a year x 3 or 4 years and hasn't accomplished the things davis has in the league.

next year davis will want and deserve a raise.  if the c's can't ink him for the $6m that he deserves then we are a dumb franchise.

and i have no idea why you claim davis' minutes are going to plummet.  we have two centers, BETTER ones than last year that can easily split a game, so davis functions as the 3rd string backup center and he is the first guy off the bench to spell KG. 

to the contrary, davis should average more minutes than ever and most importantly, doc and danny are all out of petty reasons to yank his minutes around.  given consistent minutes, all of the davis naysayers are going to eat their opinion of them or i'll eat my foot and give up on the guy.

all i know is that when davis has had a solid diet of minutes he has produced nothing but big time in the league, and in many important games.  let's see what he can do as our 6th man / kg backup.  i'm excited to see it.  if he's done hard work this summer like he did the first two he should be poised to be better than ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]I would do that trade. Davis is a solid backup at this point of his career, no less, no more.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding..No Way!

Prince hasn't been himself for 2 years!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I wouldn't make that trade either. BBD will have a very good season I think.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get? : Are you kidding..No Way! Prince hasn't been himself for 2 years!
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]
       Prince was an ironman until last season. He played all 82 games during his career aside his rookie season. Last season he played in 49 games. His numbers last year were amongst his career highs. He's the tall 3 everyone has been wanting. Not me so much. You have to give up a good player to get one in return. Just playing arm chair G.M. I can understand why people wouldn't make this trade. Big Baby may keep improving. Prince is 30 and is in his prime. Therefore he's filled his potential. Maybe B.B hasn't yet.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Big Baby does have to slim down. Leading he league in getting your shot blocked is a really bad statistic to have. Slimming down 20-30 lbs should help his jumping ability and thus his ability to finish more effectively around the basket. Your point is well made Mployee8.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]But in the meantime, if Detroit offers Prince for Sheed & Davis and it improves your chances of winning another banner, I think you make that trade and find another PF from existing FA's or team cuts coming soon enough.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

But IT DOESN"T HELP US- it screws us out of our back up for KG and then you have to go get someone at least as good and CHEAP as Davis or the team has sabotaged itself!!!!  Everyone throws Davis around in these "trades" like he's a stale loaf of bread, and he just isn't that.  He's much more important to the team, no matter how much you hate "fat" people.

Don't worry about Davis getting better.  Sure he could slim down a little bit and regardless of that he should be working on the vertical.  But what he needs to work on most is a steady diet of minutes and that has been out of his control.  Given that ('membah the tail end of the season when KG got hurt and the playoffs????!@@!$#@#$), Davis will be just fine.  The guy has played over his head when given steady minutes.

So if you're throwing him into some trade for the 170 lb. twigshaun prince, then also figure out who you're going to get at the back up 4 who's anything near Davis' talent at: outside shooting, passing ability, general hustle and MOST IMPORTANTLY TEAM  HELP DEFENSE.  if we had no davis last year, we would have lost several regular season games and a couple of playoff games just because his help D is so good that is preserves wins and even turns games around. 

Go back and watch some of them.  And listen to the announcers- the guys who know their crap re: basketball- nearly all of them have commented about how Davis is the best help defender there is in the league.  He is all over the place on the floor on defense helping out other (Celtic) people on switches, cutting off lanes that looked open for a second to the other team, and he draws charges and creates turnovers and breaks up plays that looked like they were coming together.

So you can call him a fatty and throw him into these trades in an inane manner, or you can put your thinking hat on and realize how many things you have to replace if you get rid of the guy.  Sure he's got work to do, but as it is right now he is a highly under-appreciated contributor to the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Big Baby does have to slim down. Leading he league in getting your shot blocked is a really bad statistic to have.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

how about rondo leading the league in horrific free throw shooting by a point guard.  and it's not close.  he leads awful free throw shooting by a country mile.  and hasn't shown any signs of improvement yet.  look at the stats.  he actually got worse last year compared to the year before.  and so far he was best his rook year.  pathetic.

so get off of davis' back.  the guy has been improving constantly.  he was flabby when we drafted him and lost a lot of weight before he ever played a game with us- lost 30 pounds and then added 30 pounds of muscle.  and he didn't stop working then and has been working on adding muscle and subtracting fat ever since.  worry about some real problems on this team like your dysfunctional PG.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get? : how about rondo leading the league in horrific free throw shooting by a point guard.  and it's not close.  he leads awful free throw shooting by a country mile.  and hasn't shown any signs of improvement yet.  look at the stats.  he actually got worse last year compared to the year before.  and so far he was best his rook year.  pathetic. so get off of davis' back.  the guy has been improving constantly.  he was flabby when we drafted him and lost a lot of weight before he ever played a game with us- lost 30 pounds and then added 30 pounds of muscle.  and he didn't stop working then and has been working on adding muscle and subtracting fat ever since.  worry about some real problems on this team like your dysfunctional PG.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]
      I've had an argument with you once before and I won't have another. You're not going to bait me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Dont you think that if we lose BBD Jermaine can be our backup PF??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Dont you think that if we lose BBD Jermaine can be our backup PF??

If we give up BBD it better be for a difference maker. BBD changes the game when he checks in a positive way.

Banging, bruising, outhustling and generally being a match-up mismatch.

Too strong for guys his height, and too fast for most players taller than him.

If he could only shoot like Karl Malone........

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]Glen Davis will get less minutes this year so why dont give him to get a player like Prince? Look in the next summer BBD is a free agent and will demand more money. Wich we probably wont be able to match. Look at this trade: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2e3z8p4 This is a win-win situation. Tell me why we shouldnt do this

WHY WOULD C'S WANT TO "DECREASE" THEIR WINS BY "4"............