T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

In his Prime Prince is an all star. He is great defensive player and has good range on his shot. I would love to get Prince and even if it cost us Big Baby if he is healthy. He would be great back up for Pierce and could play for Ray Allen also and in a pinch we could go small with him as a PF or big with him at shooting guard. He would be a great upgrade for our bench and we could use him at the trade deadline if he's not working out. He's only signed for one year and if we like what we see we could get him to sign a reasonable contract ot bridge the gap after our big three start to come off the books. I think we need to go after him and if we git him we would be set and in great shape to win number 18. With him we would no doubt have the best bench in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?:
    [QUOTE]In his Prime Prince is an all star. He is great defensive player and has good range on his shot. I would love to get Prince and even if it cost us Big Baby if he is healthy. He would be great back up for Pierce and could play for Ray Allen also and in a pinch we could go small with him as a PF or big with him at shooting guard. He would be a great upgrade for our bench and we could use him at the trade deadline if he's not working out. He's only signed for one year and if we like what we see we could get him to sign a reasonable contract ot bridge the gap after our big three start to come off the books. I think we need to go after him and if we git him we would be set and in great shape to win number 18. With him we would no doubt have the best bench in the league.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]

That´s my point.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Big Baby is a good player and the only area I'm addressing here is his need to lose weight. Anybody with excess fat can lose it with a proper diet. B.B should have more discipline as he is a professional basketball player. He's not a major league pitcher who can afford being over weight. 
       Somebody posted a video of B.B recording himself while dancing and rapping. He was wearing a tight t-shirt. He had a gut. It can be lost. If I were Ainge, I would make some conditions regarding weight in his contract the next time he's signed. That's if there is a next time for the C's.
        I still stand by the statement that B.B would be a better player if he lost 20 lbs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

We have to understand and support Danny in this move,because:

We have to look as a organization,they werent willing to trade BBD
    So we didnt have that much of leverage with the teams
    And to a team over the cap,to keep a full mid level guy cost 12 mil year

To get a diference maker we would have to wait until the deadline
    So i think it´s acceptable to let him go and try to et a free agent or a young player at the camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

We have to understand and support Danny in this move,because:

We have to look as a organization,they werent willing to trade BBD
    So we didnt have that much of leverage with the teams
    And to a team over the cap,to keep a full mid level guy cost 12 mil year

To get a diference maker we would have to wait until the deadline
    So i think it´s acceptable to let him go and try to et a free agent or a young player at the camp.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?:
    [QUOTE]Accept the fact that Harangody is BBD's replacement - I like BBD but the blocked shot stat is telling and he will be trade bait now or later unless he's extended soon at a favorable rate for another 2 yrs with a team option for a third. No extension will mean bye-bye.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I think we should just release Davis.  Waive the big fat whale already.  He makes no difference and we can find a better player than him who is also cheaper and more versatile.  The 08-9 playoff performance he turned in was so long ago and a freak accident.  The other teams got scared becuase they never saw anything that fat on the floor and just left him alone- he was scoring in basically an empty gym.  And you're right, he's done nothing for us lately.    And he's fat.

Beyond that, I think that Davis is clearly in decline and never had anything to offer anyway.  We got duped into taking him with Ray Allen and I wish we never did.  Scal could have done what Davis did in those playoffs from yester year when KG was out.  I don't know why they didn't let him.  

I'd rather shovel the 3 million Blubbo Davis makes this year into the toilet and pull the lever than pay him that amount and have him on this roster.  Just pay that to him right now up front and send him packing.  He's of no trade value to anyone.    Harangody is the better choice.  Especially on defense.

Beyond that, Davis is fat.  And he doesn't hustle and plays lousy team help defense.  You always hear the announcers comment on that every time he manages to draw a charge.  They say he was just a tub o' lard who was there by accident.

Bring on Harangody for 20 minutes a night.  He no doubt will be much better than this goofball Davis.  After all, Davis is fat- did I mention that already.  He's so fat and stupid that he can't even D up the larger players in the league like Shaq, Howard, Bynum.  He's never done it before, he can't body them out of the lane and he doesn't know how to use his body at all.  He's just fat. 

Plus, Davis is fat.  And he's ugly.  He's not a good teamate.  He has no enthusiams for the game and he has body odor too.  He doesn't even make it into the toilet when he goes either, it's a nightmare.  Harangody is a sure thing.  Let's go with that.  I like it. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]PS: Good tongue in cheek response ... but you haven't convinced me of Davis' value and I like fat guys as I'm a little over weight myself.

You sir are a travesty of a Celtics fan if you do not see the value in Davis.  As a Celtic fan, it is just disgusting to think that you cannot recognize the asset of hustle and unwavering desire to win.  Davis' hustle reminds me of Cowens' reckless brand of husting.  Davis' hustling has changed games and preserved games and refreshed games that we previously were beginning to look flat in.  And that is but one of his talent contributions to the team.

1) hustle- infectious, pervasive, hustle and effort.  see above if you nodded off in the middle of that sentence.  maybe the word cowens will get you going.

2) fabulous mobility for any size 4/5, let alone a man his size

3) he HAS bodied up the big lugs in the league- shaq, duncan, howard, bynum INCREDIBLY WELL in spot duty.  note i say BODIED UP- and frustrated the crap out of several of them with his strength.   Please not that I did not say outjumped- I said bodied the living crap out of much taller guys to a point of being a competent back up 5 in addition to a decent 4.

4) by way of 3), phenomenal strength

5) servicable outside shooter from 14-18 and maybe beyond if he ever gets a nice STEADY diet of minutes again- which by the way- he only has had one stretch of that when KG was out so far in his career.  This season should mark a nice steady stretch of 25 or more minutes a game spelling KG and mopping up any minutes at 5.

6) has decent post moves- the jump hook has looked nice and during the 08-9 playoffs we saw the introduction of a servicable reverse turn jumper that was going in far more often than not.  Given consistent minutes and ROLE on offense, you will see more moves from this fat behemoth they call davis.  Perhaps the most consistent moves he has in close are not traditional post up moves but when he seemingly ungainly dives away from a defender in a slashing manner and shoots the ball on the move, using the rim as protectoin.  Davis is uncanny at this sort of in close shot- and also is able to complete an alarming number of these moves while getting fouled, becuase of  #4, his strength.

7) above average offensive rebounder- he is a big fat man who clears acreage under the glass

8) and maybe this should be first- he is THE BEST help style team defender in the league.  i can't tell you how many announcers, and no celtic homers at that, have said this about davis in the past year plus in time.  davis closes gaps that look open in the switch-back in the c's help system and befuddles PG's, deflects passes and draws charges.  Perhaps you were taking a crap and stabbing your davis voo doo doll to smithereens while he has been doing this steadily, every time he's played in a game the last couple of years. 

9) far above average court vision and understanding of the game when it comes to floor spacing, cutting, ball rotation.

10) above average passer.

now i am not saying that davis craps pink ice cream on all fronts.  he is going to need to improve his defensive rebounding and should always be working toward jumping more effectively and increasing his leaping ability and overall conditioning upkeep and improvement are critical for a man of his size and body type.

i really think you are just pulling chains saying that harangody will take over for davis.  harangody is a blow up doll on defense.  period.  he will be the toilet paper of all 4's in this league and  will make bums like calvin booth gleefully come out of retirement for one last run at a contract because they can get a piece of harnagody and finally look good on the b-ball court. 

read 1-10 above.  you haven't seen harangody play ONE SECOND of pro ball (and summer league ain't that) and you are flushing davis down the can.  i can't believe my eyes.  with regard to 1-10 above, many don't even apply to harangody because he is not large enough or quick enough to have any hope of EVER accomplishing them.  it is just incredible the number of "fat haters" there are who call themselves celts fans who would rather trade davis for a 6 pack of warm schlitz.  you have got to be kidding me. 

the guy is a bargain talent at 3.25M.  and if we don't re-sign him when it's time or get something extremely good for him in return, and i'm talking about someone about as young and with UPSIDE to either be an IMMEDIATE 6th man no questions asked or starter, then we're a dumb franchise and i'm turning off the tv set.  in my mind davis on this roster is the last link to the old celts tradition of hustle and grit and DOING THE DIRTY WORK. 

i used to think perkins was that guy but he is such a moron with the referees that i can't even stand to look at him any more and i also can't handle his hands of stone.

the ultimate maturation of davis would be a much more talented and versatile paul silas, and i know davis has to work HARD on his defensive rebounding but I think he can do it.  harangody has a fine future in europe and that's about it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]There was no reason to waive Sheed today other than having to sign Luke and needing another roster spot. Closing the book on Sheed was a huge lost asset (up to $8m) that was deemed necessary for a reason or two. 1) Luke and 2) another wing ...

do they call you the "cap man"?  do you know anything about why sheed was bought out and dropped off?  it ain't because luke is so good.  it's because ainge has been pimping that contract (i.e. "cap relief") since day one of the off season

and NOBODY WOULD TAKE IT because the stoopid celts signed sheed through a year after the current collective bargaining agreement ends and NO TEAMS were sure of what cap value that contract may have under the new collective barg. agreement. 

i'll say it in small words- nobody wanted sheed's contract and just trust me on that.  believe me danny tried.  if dannydumazz didn't sign sheed for SOOOOO LOOOONG then we'd already have the 3 man we've needed in a trade for the cap relief on a retiring sheed.

so there you have it.  i don't mean to tumble you down off the harangody high horse.  luke, and i wish him luck, will probably be developmental league bound or permanently IR before he ever plays a game for us.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]So why did he all of a sudden stop pimping it ...

I'll repeat it- it's a CAP ISSUE- Sheed's contract runs beyond the current collective bargaining agreement and therefore teams do not know what the cap impact (benefit) of that contract will be to them in the second year of it.  Since they are not sure what it's worth, it's been a very unattractive "cap asset" to take in trade.  get it? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Danny Fortson all over again. Big heart, resolve, determination, size (width rather than height) with some decent skills but a dime a dozen.

nope.  fortson was a dooshe of a person.

name me all of the replacable pieces that can PLAY 5 adequately as davis does and also play 4.  gimme some names, names that can shoot outside, post up with a jump hook, get offensive rebounds and lead the team in covering up holes in the defense due to switches. 

for this year, there are NO substitutes.  and this would be davis' FIRST YEAR getting a drink of consistent minutes, assuming they give them to him like they should.  last year his minutes got yanked around thanks to the presence of sheed, who no matter how much he stank, they wouldn't bench him. 

so davis played through hypocrisy last year.  his rook year he never got steady minutes.  doc preferred to yank him and powe around never giving either the firm nod.  and neither really flourished.

toward the end of last year, davis' minutes started straightening out and he did well, but it wasn't much of a stretch of time.

fortson had YEARS in the league and only played well his first few years in denver and then was a walking injury and attitude problem.  he never did squat after that ill fated injury filled year with the celts.  davis has never had any injuries.

so you're really telling me that not having seen davis get consistent minutes for a full year yet in his 3 year career that you're sure he's just anothe tweener and he's tapped out for potential?  tell me how that makes sense.  you see the numbers he put up in kg's abscence and he was doing totally new things with his game in short order.  or i guess you just saw another tweener who sucked.

i really don't know.  well, at least give me some names of all these guys who can step in and muscle up against 5's and also play the 4.  strong guys who hustle and are paid low dollars.  tell me all abou them.

a great many of them have been overpaid in stupid contracts and are locked up.  but let's hear your list.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry my being realistic doesn't live up to your expectations of a true fan but I don't see Davis as being the "missing piece" to the next banner but one of the few assets that we have with trade value for that missing piece.

you're not being realistic. you don't recognize that davis does a great many things with a considerable skill level that you don't just fine walking down the street every day.  because of davis' draft position, we'll be able to keep him for less than a lot of other players. 

don't give me this missing link crap.  you're talking about jettisoning a great hustle guy who nobody said was the missing link to anything and you're not naming anyone who can do the things that he does. 

that's not being a good celtic fan in my eyes.  if you come to the table and think someone we have who  is versatile, tough and would do anything to win is worth getting rid of to save a couple bucks and sign a cheaper scrub to do it- tell me who it is.  sorry to say what davis does is not scrub material. 

lou amundson goes 240 lbs and couldn't D up duncan, bynum, howard or any of those guys if his life depended on it.  davis has done that as the celts have needed him to do it and he's done it well.  no, he's not all nba but what he can do is NOT found in every bench player in the league either, like you think it is.

let's go through a few more after sweet lou.  brandan bass is getting paid a ton of money and hasn't even made it off the bench much in ORL.  Amir Johnson.... is not better than Davis on your drunkest day.  Craig Smith is shorter than Davis, just signed a 2 year contract and is under the knife with knee surgery.  We better get him right now!  next up- tyrus the vyrus thomas, a player who has been a dolt since he joined the league, just signed a 5 year 40 million dollar deal.  so much for him.  wait, that's more than 3m a year!  no fair.  then there's charlie villanueva who is softer than baby crud, doesn't try hard, and signed a 5 year 35 million buck deal to plus for the pistuns.  oops, that's less player for more money again.  Shelden Williams.... well, we all know what he is.  and he just signed for vet min in denver.  you don't think shelden could step in do davis' job do ya??  joel anthony.... wow- he can average 2.7 and 3.1 for ya if you'd like.  is this the caliber of jabroni you're thinking of?  Hilton Armstrong is cheap, and he hasn't been good enough to play for some really bad teams now for three years straight!  Earl Barron- 7 good nba games to his name?  BAT MAN tonay battie?  with that old knee?  Josh boone, fransicko elson, dan gadzuric (is he done w/ that 50 million buck deal yet?!), Ryan Hollins, Steven Hunter, Sean Marks, Paddy O'bryant, brian skinner, etan thomas.  did i get any on your list yet?  these guys all stink!!  too bad tolliver already inked with minny, i bet he was your man!

so what'll it be?  lay it on me.  there must be a ton of guys you can plug into our team and system who do the things that davis does at cheaper money!

it's a shame you don't know good chemistry, very servicable skills, and a coachable guy when you see one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Celtis can certainly use BBD.  Who's the back up PF other than Harangody?  - It's not the O'Neals or Perk.  BBD is the other banger they have.  Fact is he'll be great vs Miami since he can play J. Howard.

You don't open up one leak to seal what might be another.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

Mployee8 has been trying to get rid of BBD since the start of free agency. From Ian Mahinmi to Anthony Tolliver. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Mployee8 has been trying to get rid of BBD since the start of free agency. From Ian Mahinmi to Anthony Tolliver. LOL
    Posted by LightSaber[/QUOTE]

his arguement becomes surprisingly revolting once you look at "what's out there" which amounts to nothing.  you figure if someone really wants to kill off a first of second guy off the bench (??!$#$$#!!) then he'd come out with who's the no brainer replacements who are better than the guy. 

mployee8 is just a no talent hacker.  an eric fernsten of the blogosphere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtis can certainly use BBD.  Who's the back up PF other than Harangody?  Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

are you kidding me? at the 4 we have kg and davis, at the 5 we have both o'neals.  how easy can this get?  harangody fits in at the end of the bench, most likely in a suit he bought at filene's basement.  he's not going to be playing much for this team barring lots of really bad injuries and a lost season

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Trading Baby for Prince makes no sense. We need beef against LA and we need beef against the Heat, it's the inside game where they are weak. It's not about constructing the ideal fantasy roster but looking at how you stack up against the best teams. 

"At the vet minimum, why not have interest in McGrady?" Because he is a loser who has never won anything and we have enough beat up veterans with big egos in our locker room. If we had been uanable to sign Shaq, then maybe....

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get? : No I haven't! I said he's our only trade bait and replaceable. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

only a really special bozo would view davis as trade bait with a mind to replace him with semi-pro erdan and harangody.  those are the two 'replacements" that you come up with?  absolutely pathetic.  don't quit your day job to be a nba gm.

the mistake that was made in this scenario is ainge signing sheed for too long and that making his contract unattractive to any takers.  don't take it out on davis.