T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?

In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get? : Secondly, dip sh!t ... I don't advocate trading Davis for another PF. I want a legit backup for Pierce! I think that's much more important than another 6'3" wing like Hughes or another PF at this point. ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

ooooohhh.  you really planted me on that one.  i know exactly what you want to trade davis for.  and i thought you were smart enough to realize that the remaining rookie chum on our roster- semipro and harangody are not good enough to fill the void- and we would then therefore go out and sign someone to replace davis. 

but you are on a whole different page, for special people, and think erdan-harangody = anything on a team that is trying to contend one last time.  you are operating on a whole different level than i can relate to.   

only an extreme maroon (moron) would conceptualize erdan, a 7 foot tall cup of nothing, as contributing at the 5 on a team going deep into the playoffs.  and harangody can certainly get down and D up the 4's in the league that will be left standing in may.  rashard, gasol, odom, josh smith will all get a lump in their throat at the thought of harangody guarding them.  a lump of glee.

and then the flip side of your flakey arguement once the first of harangody/erdan contributing is shown to be farsical is undoubtedly that we don't need either erden or harangody to play minutes and shack can hold down the center playing 30+ a night and the other o'neal can handle backing up kg for 20 a night and then covering the 5 for another 18 minutes.  and both the o'neals will then be fresh as a daisy for the playoffs because 'perkins is coming back'.  i see now- genius!!

no matter how you cut it, mplee 8 has this thing figgered out.  i'm done- not smart enough to deal with this sort of b-ball brilliance.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get?:
    [QUOTE]i'm done- not smart enough to deal with this sort of b-ball brilliance. Tru dat! “A wise man has something to say, a foolish man has to say something.”

yes, you are cut from a different cloth than I.  you clearly have something to say.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Try again but bring your A game instead of straw man arguments.

your arguement shape shift into a world of hypothetical, alternative and wavy scenarios that i can't keep track of.  at one point you said one thing, then another.  now it's some of both.  i can't keep track of which thought fragment you are entertaining in which post.  my theory has been the same all along- trading davis would be the act of a smooth brained idiot and i have said exactly why. 

the problem with contemplating trading davis at all is that it works out to be a bigger loss than most people think because davis is a capable 4 and 5 back up, despite the trite 'tweener' criticism that just doesn't fit the player.  although h may never achieve starting 4 status in the league, he's pretty valuable at what he does, which is infuse energy, defense hustle and the other 8 things i outlined above. 

so if you go ahead and trade davis away and you have gotten rid of both your 3rd string center and your 2nd string forward.

so to not lose ground you have to sign someone to replace ONE of the back up positions he covers who will most likely NOT be interchangable at the 4/5 and then hope and pray that erdin or harangody pan out.  lots of if's and but's that don't sound hopeful to me given that your two wild cards to cover the other position are rooks and a third wild card in perkins who is coming off of double ligament explosions in a knee.  perkins- a guy who was slow before he got that injury.  perkins.  think about it.

it's not my fault that you carelessly wandered into "trading davis" coming off the let down of sheed's lousy contract situation that is ainge's fault for signing him for 3 years to begin with, with the last year being outside the current collective bargaining agreement.  no matter how you cut it, trading davis is counter-productive.

the team needs to sign a back up 3 and the way it looks right now, it probably will not happen in the pre season.  and when something does happen before the trade deadline or as the season winds down, we are still not going to involve davis in it because it's still a dumb move.  perkins will be lucky to come back and be our 3rd string 5 this year.  very lucky.

now i know your rebuttal- that you never wanted to trade davis to begin with but only would if a hurricane was threatening the cape and islands, as long as harangody consented and erdan could run the hot dog stand at half time because we'd be over the cap.  and perskins will start over shaq once he returns but he might not if erdin comes on strong which will only happen if harangody learns how to hand out gatorade cups during time outs before the ice cubes melt.  it all makes sense now.  thanks for sharing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: T-Mac is going to Detroit.Is this make Prince easier to get? : Look who's talking - Acie Earl himself! Hahaha!!! You have no idea who's out there in a trade or cuts Nostradamus, go smoke another K2 and enlighten yourself.

Is acie Fierce34 too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]PS: The only accurate statement you made is that I didn't say that I wanted to trade Davis but that he was all we had to go along with Sheed if needed. Of course it's a moot point now anyway (unless as I said, a deal comes along that Danny can't refuse) but keep up the argument if it serves your purpose but if that's your "A" game then you're still in the minors.

i see- now you go from the some of both arguement to none of neither.  shape shifting again.  might you be a (struggling) lawyer?  those are the only ones who i have ever seen able to convince themselves to be able to argue all three sides of the coin yet when called on how stupid the arguement is, they have never argued any of those things and come out with something new and different.

you might have even invented a fourth side too.  the fourth dimension.  tomfoolery, farce, snake oil, and then innocence of all of the above.

Sections
Shortcuts