T Minus 5 Days and Counting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

T Minus 5 Days and Counting

Till we see our new team. and don't be mistaken. A big trade will be made.

Its like trading in your old car that isn't quite reliable enough.  I'm excited to see our new players and reluctant to see what they'll give me for my trade-in. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: T Minus 5 Days and Counting

I think i decent big is all we need. We dont need to go all in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Till we see our new team. and don't be mistaken. A big trade will be made.

Its like trading in your old car that isn't quite reliable enough.  I'm excited to see our new players and reluctant to see what they'll give me for my trade-in. 

What was that big trade you were talking about not so long ago?

The trade that I have floated most often (wishful thinking) is acquiring - Cousins and Evans and a pick for - Rondo, Bass, Terry and/or Wilcox 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

“They plan on making a move and they just created roster space for a trade,” said one league source.

One team that the Celtics have been in contact with is the Sacramento Kings. Boston has expressed significant interest in DeMarcus Cousins and would like to put together a package for him. Ainge seems willing to part with some combination of his recent acquisitions and draft picks. He doesn’t want to move Rondo, Pierce, Garnett or Avery Bradley, according to sources close to the situation.

While many teams have been scared off by Cousins’ immaturity and outbursts, the Celtics feel like they could help the 22-year-old grow and put him in an environment where he can be successful. Cousins and Rondo are friends and have trained together at the University of Kentucky in recent offseasons. The Celtics also have veteran leaders like Garnett and Pierce who can help Cousins mature and become a professional, which is something that he didn’t have in Sacramento. Boston also believes that head coach Doc Rivers can get the most out of Cousins and avoid any confrontations with the young center.

Cousins would make the Celtics better in the short-term and give them someone to pair with Rondo and Bradley long-term. If Cousins’ reaches his full potential, the Celtics could have their star point guard and star center of the future by making this trade. Cousins would become one of the franchise’s cornerstones once Garnett and Pierce are gone.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/#0pu7qUKHmU0uB2AB.99 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I just not sure he woth what they are asking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think he's more valuable than anybody we have on the team right now and I would not hesitate to trade Rondo straight up for Cousins, although I'm not sure Sacto wants a flawed PG who is also a tempermental headcase...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We don't need to  rebuild we maybe need a tweak not a rebuild. Sorry we're coming together and unless we steal a couple of players you might be disapointed on lack of "BlockBuster" moves. The trade deadline is 2/21 and a lot can happen or not happen. DA & Doc retooled this team with a plan and I am seeing results taking form . Cousins because of his salary and percieved ill will might be had for relatively short risk vs reward. Some of these rumors just don't make sense. Cousins,Evans and a pick. That move would not work for many reasons; You think a gimpy Evans would be a better PG than Rondo? You think that Sac would take on an extra 11 mil salary for longer terms? The idea of getting Cousins is he would be cheap and has played his best ball with Rondo and PP and Garnett can guide him with a contending team and your idea is to trade his friend that he played his best ball with? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Seriously ever hear over this thing scenario analysis? Old School ElDunker you never will change will you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Dalembert

will give us 24-28 min a game at CENTER.

rebounds, blocks shots and play defense.

last year of deal

Will though us over the cap penalty unless we dump a high salary back to Milwaukee, so Lee makes sense.

Dalembert and Lamb

for

Lee and next years #1 pick

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Jan. 16, 2013

Rondo is still a Celtic.

You should save the bold print for Feb. 21, 2013.

Rondo/Bass/#1 for Milsap/Kanter/Foye. Why? Milsap is being shopped regardless of some posters' opinion here. Kanter is collecting splinters and needs to punish offenders like a turkish prison guard. Foye is a sg/pg who is shooting over 40% on 3's and can  run an offense(for those who cry out "no point"! I added the 1st rounder because nobody values Rondo as much as his fan base here. Remember if Rondo stays , I go and will enjoy/ignore this forum in silence as much as I've been enjoyed/ignored. Promise.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

Jan. 16, 2013

Rondo is still a Celtic.

You should save the bold print for Feb. 21, 2013.

Rondo/Bass/#1 for Milsap/Kanter/Foye. Why? Milsap is being shopped regardless of some posters' opinion here. Kanter is collecting splinters and needs to punish offenders like a turkish prison guard. Foye is a sg/pg who is shooting over 40% on 3's and can  run an offense(for those who cry out "no point"! I added the 1st rounder because nobody values Rondo as much as his fan base here. Remember if Rondo stays , I go and will enjoy/ignore this forum in silence as much as I've been enjoyed/ignored. Promise.

Are you Eldunker?

You'd have to be stateside to find out(you international man of mystery you)...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

“They plan on making a move and they just created roster space for a trade,” said one league source.

One team that the Celtics have been in contact with is the Sacramento Kings. Boston has expressed significant interest in DeMarcus Cousins and would like to put together a package for him. Ainge seems willing to part with some combination of his recent acquisitions and draft picks. He doesn’t want to move Rondo, Pierce, Garnett or Avery Bradley, according to sources close to the situation.

While many teams have been scared off by Cousins’ immaturity and outbursts, the Celtics feel like they could help the 22-year-old grow and put him in an environment where he can be successful. Cousins and Rondo are friends and have trained together at the University of Kentucky in recent offseasons. The Celtics also have veteran leaders like Garnett and Pierce who can help Cousins mature and become a professional, which is something that he didn’t have in Sacramento. Boston also believes that head coach Doc Rivers can get the most out of Cousins and avoid any confrontations with the young center.

Cousins would make the Celtics better in the short-term and give them someone to pair with Rondo and Bradley long-term. If Cousins’ reaches his full potential, the Celtics could have their star point guard and star center of the future by making this trade. Cousins would become one of the franchise’s cornerstones once Garnett and Pierce are gone.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/#0pu7qUKHmU0uB2AB.99 

You have something more recent???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I defer my proclamation to the Feb deadline... and guarantee a big trade will be made.  We will get a center and probably more.  I hope the deal includes Rondo.  and I know I'm on the hook to grovel to the Rondo lovers here if I'm wrong.  and then you'll just hear me continue to whine about Rondo's weaknesses and negative impact on the team...so ultimately we may both lose. 

Sections
Shortcuts