TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls

He played a lot of minutes (33) but he had a good game... maybe he has gain some confidence now.

I wish the best for the ex-celtic!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls

good luck Tony!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Grizz are going no where FAST!!!!!!!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls:
    He played a lot of minutes (33) but he had a good game... maybe he has gain some confidence now. I wish the best for the ex-celtic!
    Posted by MichBelgium

You have seen TA enough to know you can't count on him to turn the corner. He is very inconsistent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls:
    In Response to TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : You have seen TA enough to know you can't count on him to turn the corner. He is very inconsistent
    Posted by OneOnOne

Defensivly he was consistent for the C's last leason. Or am i mistaken ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I sure wish that TA resigned.   He sure beats having Von Wafer on the roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We're 1/3 through the season and TA has his first good stat game (I think its his first). Doesnt mean much. TA has the athletic ability but hes never been a player to be relied upon so far. Yea, he had a good playoffs for us but thats a snapshot in the long career TA had with the C's.. For the most part, hes been a bumbling, turnover machine..  Inconsistent comes to mind as well as sloppy.

Maybe TA can put together a 20-25 game stretch of good ball and turn the corner in his career. Then I might be regretting letting him go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Good luck Tony, wherever you play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'd like to see a layup contest between TA and JO
    Haha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : Defensivly he was consistent for the C's last leason. Or am i mistaken ?
    Posted by MichBelgium

You are correct but I thought you were referring to his offense since you posted his stats for the game.  He does make some boneheaded plays on defense also.  Don't get me wrong I like TA.  I was disappointed when he left.  Now that he is gone I don't think I miss him all that much.  No improvement in 4 years or more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : You are correct but I thought you were referring to his offense since you posted his stats for the game.  He does make some boneheaded plays on defense also.  Don't get me wrong I like TA.  I was disappointed when he left.  Now that he is gone I don't think I miss him all that much.  No improvement in 4 years or more.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I do agree, Ta has never been an offensive player or reliable on offense. I am sure he'd love to become a go to guy(he said he was overshadowed by Pierce and Allen). He always had high hopes but then again... I always felt that he kew his role on the court. 
    To be honoust I don't miss him neither or at least not as much as I miss Posey. You know what... TA to me was a guy that did a lot of things that didn't show up on the stats sheet. Man this guy caused a lot of turnovers (sadly he also turns the ball over...). He has definitly got quick hands... He always made it though for the offensive player !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

TA gets a defensive stop then shoots an air ball on the following offensive sequence, it's offsetting.

HAHAHA!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

TA gets a defensive stop then shoots an air ball on the following offensive sequence, it's offsetting. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

It's not that he makes that many offensive attempts... Tell me, do you think in general Quis has been better to the C's?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : It's not that he makes that many offensive attempts... Tell me, do you think in general Quis has been better to the C's?
    Posted by MichBelgium

Hard one.  I think Quis is a little different defensively.  He doesn't create the TO's that TA did but is a very good on the ball defender.  No doubt in my mind on offense though, Quis hands down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : It's not that he makes that many offensive attempts... Tell me, do you think in general Quis has been better to the C's?
    Posted by MichBelgium

Yes, in general Daniels has been better to the Cs. While Daniels is not as good as TA on defense, Daniels is a better offensive player than TA. 

A wing player that can't make 15-footers is a liability. Like I said, TA's defensive stops are offset by his poor offense.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls:
    He played a lot of minutes (33) but he had a good game... maybe he has gain some confidence now. I wish the best for the ex-celtic!
    Posted by MichBelgium

A Tony Allen thread really?? What is the POINT!! Is this an "I told you so" post or ?  Nobody cares about TA and why should they.  And the fact that you would bring up the one good game he has in 30 that he has had is lame to begin with.  Move on bud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : A Tony Allen thread really?? What is the POINT!! Is this an "I told you so" post or ?  Nobody cares about TA and why should they.  And the fact that you would bring up the one good game he has in 30 that he has had is lame to begin with.  Move on bud.
    Posted by CASox

Exactly.

Tony Allen is gone, lets move on. We have a deeper, longer team this year. If we get all our players healthy, we're the best team in the league, BY FAR.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : A Tony Allen thread really?? What is the POINT!! Is this an "I told you so" post or ?  Nobody cares about TA and why should they.  And the fact that you would bring up the one good game he has in 30 that he has had is lame to begin with.  Move on bud.
    Posted by CASox

I would rather talk about this than some of the insane trade ideas that keeps popping up.  Obviously some  care about TA as people reply each time something is posted about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How about trading Marquis Daniels for Tony Allen?

HAHAHA!!!

Trade works, by the way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: TA: 14 pts,8 rebs, 6 Stls : I would rather talk about this than some of the insane trade ideas that keeps popping up.  Obviously some  care about TA as people reply each time something is posted about him.
    Posted by OneOnOne

I agree 100% about some of the insane trade ideas that keep popping up.

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How about trading Marquis Daniels for Tony Allen? HAHAHA!!! Trade works, by the way.
    Posted by P34

Wouldn't that be funny.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I really liked TA, but his choosing to leave because he felt "overshadowed" doesnt sit well with me.  The audacity of him to even say that less long think it.  He was in a good situation and may never get even close to sniffing a ring again.

Im never going to forget him fouling Ben Gordon taking that three pointer in that playoff game....just a bone head move. Among many that offset any stellar defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Posted by CASox

I never said something like "Told you so"... It's just the guy has been a Celtic for his first 5 seasons and I think it's always interesting to see how  a player develop or just not develop and take a step back when moving on to other teams. Specially for a loyal player. To me TA was good for the organisation why should I not care... And fact it might be his first good game but maybe like I said THAT GAME MIGHT GAVE HIM THE CONFIDENCE that he has been seeking for... . Like if you wouldn't talk about Rondo or Perkins if one of those ever leave the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

How about trading Marquis Daniels for Tony Allen? HAHAHA!!! Trade works, by the way.
    Posted by P34

While we're at it, how about JO for Posey

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Why can't we get players like that!

Sections
Shortcuts