Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Tainted Championship

I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th.

Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called.

20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean....

It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

Even though the refs gave it to the Lakers...I am willing to admit that this Laker team played with a lot of heart and they played tougher than they did in '08. The Celtics were still the better team. And no you wouldn't have won if Bynum had been there in '08. He played tougher this year but Gasol was still a wuss in '08.

It is a tainted championship but the Lakers didn't taint it ...the refs did when they stole it from the Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Maybe Phil Jackson will in time say an asterix should be put against this title tooWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think the big play that blew my mind was the foul on Ray Allen that sent Kobe to the line for three foul shots. Ray had no contact and to send Kobe to the line was at that juncture a gift complete bailout for an errant shot. It sunk us. Even with Ray so off PP with his isolations in the fourth sunk the team.  I think PP was who Doc was referring to when he said they got away from playing together.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlowTheWhistle. Show BlowTheWhistle's posts

Predictable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

All pro sports are fixed, football and basketball top that. Hockey and baseball, not so much

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lakers/Kings 2002  NBA rigged

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Looked like PP wanted to do a KB and win it on his own.

But still, the Lakers shot 33% to the Celts 41%. 33% and they win the game???

The unforgettable number is 37-17.

And Artest traveled.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Karl,
    Doc as you say needed offense and kept Ray in non stop throughout.  Why he did not get Nate in their and try to keep a lead before it evaporated I will never know.  PP killed them as well with his selfish play.  Doc must have figured I am going with the guys who got me there.  From a TV it was glaringly obvious that the refs were going to get the Lakers back in the game if we could not score. I believe Rondo should have shot more as he was left open and even missing some would have been a higher percentage than what we were able to do with the exhausted play at the end of the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Tainted? No. The Lakers won fair and square.

I will always believe that if it weren't for Ray Allen's horrible shooting from Game 3 onwards, we'd be champs today. That slump cost them the title.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Too bad Perk couldnt make it but not sure it would have mattered.

Also dont get why Doc abandoned his bench. If anything, we needed from fresh legs in there, we were dragging & unable to move on offense.  Why does Doc insist on staying with Ray?? TA plays Kobe just as tough, if not better & Ray had another nightmare game offensively

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Congrats Lakers.

That being said....the worst reffing in the playoffs ever!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Stop crying.  They won - deal with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    Karl, Doc as you say needed offense and kept Ray in non stop throughout.  Why he did not get Nate in their and try to keep a lead before it evaporated I will never know.  PP killed them as well with his selfish play.  Doc must have figured I am going with the guys who got me there.  From a TV it was glaringly obvious that the refs were going to get the Lakers back in the game if we could not score. I believe Rondo should have shot more as he was left open and even missing some would have been a higher percentage than what we were able to do with the exhausted play at the end of the game.
    Posted by concord27

Agreed.. but if Doc was gonna go with what got him there...then he should have played the bench.  Baby & Nate were big for the Celts in this series. With our offense essentially stalled, perfect spot for mr energy Nate... who I bet wouldnt be fazed at all entering a game 7 and doing his thing.

DOc went away from what got him there and opted to ride exhausted, underperforming vets that were clearly off their game in the 4th.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I think the big play that blew my mind was the foul on Ray Allen that sent Kobe to the line for three foul shots. Ray had no contact and to send Kobe to the line was at that juncture a gift complete bailout for an errant shot. It sunk us. Even with Ray so off PP with his isolations in the fourth sunk the team.  I think PP was who Doc was referring to when he said they got away from playing together.
    Posted by concord27

I agree that I was surprised that they called a foul on Ray.    The Celtics definitely made a lot of bad plays during the fourth quarter and stopped their defensive efforts.   They were the better team until the fourth quarter.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This predetermined Laker championship will be another in a long line of phony Laker titles that will be followed by an *

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

this is why people do not watch basketball anymore, tim donahy(sp) is more credible than any ref on the floor last night. the zebras should get rings for too for that horrendus one sided job they did last night to make sure the lakers (kobe&phil) won it all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

this is why people do not watch basketball anymore, tim donahy(sp) is more credible than any ref on the floor last night. the zebras should get rings for too for that horrendus one sided job they did last night to make sure the lakers (kobe&phil) won it all.
    Posted by isurfvb35

Good post.. youd have to be a blind man or a politically correct bball fan to not observe objectively whats going on with the ref calls the entire series... and previous series.

Tim Donaghy told us all what the dirty secret is. He was a crooked NBA ref (theres ur proof) and went to jail for it.  But like political spin doctors can do, they discredited him faster than a DNC all out attack.

Not only did he tell us during these entire playoffs what would happen, he did so with astounding accuracy.  Yet, you can lead fans to water but you cannot make them drink.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Phantom fouls on Sabonis of Portland got the Lakers another title...  But REALLY... how can a CELTIC team get whipped on the glass like this and expect to win a Game #7????  On the road, no less.  It's the same lousy NBA officiating that has helped the Celtics in the Garden.  I'm too perplexed by Garnett's complete lack of rebounding skills to start crying about the refs.  The next time he runs to the paint when the shot goes up and blocks out will be the 1st.  The Lakers DREW fouls.  They put the ball on the floor and went to the goal.  Why doesn't Garnett post up more?  Everytime Gasol fronted him, they lobbed over it and he scored easy.  He likes those 17 footers too much.  He's a DOG as a PF.  A DOG. The Celtics were soundly thrashed on the backboards and let a team that was CHOKING under the pressure hang around and get their confidence. The Celtics missed open looks-----I mean Ray Allen.... Jeez.  He's one dimensional and when he's off, he stinks offensively. Rondo needs to get better at taking the 15-17 footer as well as his FTs. They were looking to Nate Robinson for offense in the 4th Quarter of a Game #7!! (and you can't blame Doc for that). The Celtics absolutely deserved to lose.
    Posted by TMan67

Oh, I can blame Doc for not looking to Nate for offense in the 4th.  The entire Celtic team had their feet stuck in the mud. You really think a fresh, energetic Nate who is one of the few Celts that can create his shot anytime he wants was a poor option?

Hes been exceptional these playoffs and frankly, how much worse could he have done? I mean, if he went 1-4, that would almost be an improvement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship :  That's what happens when you are aggressive! Stop whining. You guys were out rebounded by a BIG margin. The Lakers were determined to take it strong to the hole because they had a size advantage! I thought they let the players play last nite. The Lakers let you guys hang around. They missed several free throws and kobe Bryant had an awful shooting nite. POOR SPORTS!
    Posted by getreal

Do you call 24 Laker FTs in the 4th qtr .. letting them play?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from getreal. Show getreal's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07

That's what happens when you are aggressive! Stop whining. You guys were out rebounded by a BIG margin. The Lakers were determined to take it strong to the hole because they had a size advantage! I thought they let the players play last nite. The Lakers let you guys hang around. They missed several free throws and kobe Bryant had an awful shooting nite. POOR SPORTS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

It's very disheartening to hear all the crap about the refereeing.  Sure they missed calls, but the Celts missed open looks, missed defense assignments and most importantly missed boxing out!  15 offensive rebounds in the first half!  They should have been up by 25 at half time.

The Lakers showed what they were made of.  And how ironic that the difference in the game (and series) pivotted on an injured center that was not able to play. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

They were hacking them like they machetes. It's BB not Kung Fu.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Too bad Perk couldnt make it but not sure it would have mattered. Also dont get why Doc abandoned his bench. If anything, we needed from fresh legs in there, we were dragging & unable to move on offense.  Why does Doc insist on staying with Ray?? TA plays Kobe just as tough, if not better & Ray had another nightmare game offensively
    Posted by Karllost

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07

Sections
Shortcuts