Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from onetyme348. Show onetyme348's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

the lakers played the celtics style of basketball and now boston fan are upset!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Congrats Lakers.  I hated seeing you guys win.  But you did.  Enough said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Was game 6 rigged as well?

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from onetyme348. Show onetyme348's posts

what about game 5 was that rigged?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Foster

Good post. Instead of looking for blame we should be celebrating the incredible run the Celtics made.

I'm with you on the rubber match! Go Celtics!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Foster. Show Foster's posts

the celtics really did play with a lot of heart. so much fun to watch...heartbreaking, but an awesome series with an unpredictable and questionable outcome.

after their questionable season, it makes sense that the starting 5 could get the celtics back to the finals. the celts did everything right, regardless of finishing 4th in the conference. i think doc and the big 3 knew what they were doing, and that was making it to the playoffs and saving enough mojo to play some serious hoop (see Rasheed Wallace) when it mattered most. with all that being said, the truth is:

1) the series and championship STILL goes to the lakers if Andrew Bynum is healthy. we can argue that Perk's injury cost us the title (along with so many other points of interest) but the reality is that even with Perk playing, the lakers still beat us without their big center. imagine how much more the lakers would have out-rebounded the celtics if THEIR team was complete. consider the celtics lucky that Bynum was hindered

2) maybe the bench (specifically baby, kryptonate, and TA) should have seen some more time in game 7. that's fair, but don't blame Doc for putting his BEST players and leaders on the court when everything was at stake. while KG is clearly not the beast he was when he first arrived in boston, he's still got some game- he's just old and tired and it showed when he ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. pierce was being guarded by maybe the best defensive small forward in the NBA. give artest his props. and inconsistent ray allen... the celtics needed him to be on, and he just didn't have it that night.

3) kobe made the big shots in the 4th quarter. i hated watching it, and i couldn't believe it. but big players hit big shots. game 7 mvp for sure. but series mvp? no way, that should go to that big, tall, ugly, awkward, white guy regardless of whether he committed fouls or had an up-and-down or not. remember when kobe won 3 championships with shaq? bynum was meant to be his new shaq, but gasol had to step up with bynum's injury, ESPECIALLY AGAINST THE CELTICS. and he did

4) the officiating was pretty horrendous in that last quarter. the celtics were victims of those circumstances, and had a call gone one way or another they probably would be champs. BUT the lakers made the most of their gift. the tired celtics let LA, who were choking at the time, back in the game.

As pissed as I was about the celtic's loss, i'm just glad i was able to witness an incredible celtic basketball postseason. sorry for the rant, but who else is with me when i ask "rubber match next year?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    the celtics really did play with a lot of heart. so much fun to watch...heartbreaking, but an awesome series with an unpredictable and questionable outcome. after their questionable season, it makes sense that the starting 5 could get the celtics back to the finals. the celts did everything right, regardless of finishing 4th in the conference. i think doc and the big 3 knew what they were doing, and that was making it to the playoffs and saving enough mojo to play some serious hoop (see Rasheed Wallace) when it mattered most. with all that being said, the truth is: 1) the series and championship STILL goes to the lakers if Andrew Bynum is healthy. we can argue that Perk's injury cost us the title (along with so many other points of interest) but the reality is that even with Perk playing, the lakers still beat us without their big center. imagine how much more the lakers would have out-rebounded the celtics if THEIR team was complete. consider the celtics lucky that Bynum was hindered 2) maybe the bench (specifically baby, kryptonate, and TA) should have seen some more time in game 7. that's fair, but don't blame Doc for putting his BEST players and leaders on the court when everything was at stake. while KG is clearly not the beast he was when he first arrived in boston, he's still got some game- he's just old and tired and it showed when he ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. pierce was being guarded by maybe the best defensive small forward in the NBA. give artest his props. and inconsistent ray allen... the celtics needed him to be on, and he just didn't have it that night. 3) kobe made the big shots in the 4th quarter. i hated watching it, and i couldn't believe it. but big players hit big shots. game 7 mvp for sure. but series mvp? no way, that should go to that big, tall, ugly, awkward, white guy regardless of whether he committed fouls or had an up-and-down or not. remember when kobe won 3 championships with shaq? bynum was meant to be his new shaq, but gasol had to step up with bynum's injury, ESPECIALLY AGAINST THE CELTICS. and he did 4) the officiating was pretty horrendous in that last quarter. the celtics were victims of those circumstances, and had a call gone one way or another they probably would be champs. BUT the lakers made the most of their gift. the tired celtics let LA, who were choking at the time, back in the game. As pissed as I was about the celtic's loss, i'm just glad i was able to witness an incredible celtic basketball postseason. sorry for the rant, but who else is with me when i ask "rubber match next year?"
    Posted by Foster

That's a great post.  These two teams were basically even, and someone had to lose.  That's just a mathematical truth.  SOMEONE HAD TO LOSE.  It doesn't mean the title was "stolen".

I would take issue with your analysis (and everyone elses) of the 4th.  I listened to the radio interview in L.A with Brian Scallabrini, who, as you know, went to USC.  He said the officiating was excellent the entire game.  He didn't point out anything in the 4th.

I find it interesting that the officiating was accepted by the announcers as ok by and large, and you had a former NBA point gaurd and coach there.  You had a Celtics PLAYER who actually praised it, yet all of these fans who have never played are criticizing it and claiming they knew what the correct calls were.
    That's the most bizarre part of the whole thing.

IF the officiating was biased in any way, shape, or form, you have to realize, these guys are human. They are affected by the crowd for sure, in the same way an opposing team is.  That's not "rigging", that's just life.  Big game calls ALWAYS go the direction of the more aggressive team, ESPECIALLY if that team is the home team.

That's just a fact of life in the NBA.  It's not a "collusion", it's just a result of perception (the aggressor is perceived as the victim of more calls), and home court pressue (refs are human like anyone else).  AND ALL TEAMS GET THOSE BREAKS, INCLUDING THE CELTICS.

If the C's wanted that advantage, they shouild have won more f'ing regular season games and got homecourt.  Maybe your coach wasn't such a genius after all for sitting his guys in the regular season, because HOME COURT DID MATTER.

How about taking some ownership and saying, "hey, maybe Doc should have gone for homecourt".  Or, "hey, maybe our players missed too many open shots", or "hey, maybe we need to go out and get someone that drives more and is more aggressive at the basket to get late fouls", something where you TAKE OWNERSHIP and accept the loss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

Robbed! Stolen! Burned!Raped!Violated! Crooked! Fixed! Rigged! Tampered With! Done In!By none other than David Stern And his crew the chosen few.This was so sad so so sad this one hurts people it hurts badly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Was game 2 rigged when Kobe got taken out early in the third and for most of the 4th with two horrible calls that all 3 analysts agreed were horrible? Was game 3 rigged when Rondo not only doesn't get called for a foul at the end of the game, but get's a side out to Boston with less than a minute left? (which by the way, could have won the game for Boston had they converted). You guys NEVER answer those two questions.  NO ONE has yet.  Kobe sits just as L.A is getting momentum in game 2.  You have NO problem with that though. Just grow a F'ing pair.  Good god.  I thought the East Coast guys were supposedly the "tough guys".  Just accept it instead of sniveling and crying yourself to sleep over it. What's the point of watching sports if things are fixed?  How you you EVER be happy when YOUR team wins then if the outcome was already decided? Grow a pair.
    Posted by Casportsfan

Speaking of being HAPPY that your team won......I give you Casportsfan!!  A guy who claims to have an "Advanced college degree"  - whatever that means, yet can't make a point on here without foul language and testicle jokes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

In answer to are Garnett and Allen true Celts?  Yes.  Celts gave high lottery pick for Allen and gave young stud jefferson plus Minnesota its chance to have a lottery pick back.  For Gasol, LA gave jack squat and had to get approval to cheat using Aaron Mckie's phony contract to avoid salry cap.  Gasol will never be a Laker. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In answer to are Garnett and Allen true Celts?  Yes.  Celts gave high lottery pick for Allen and gave young stud jefferson plus Minnesota its chance to have a lottery pick back.  For Gasol, LA gave jack squat and had to get approval to cheat using Aaron Mckie's phony contract to avoid salry cap.  Gasol will never be a Laker. 
    Posted by thrombosis

Oh, please, grow up. Don't pretend teams don't covet expiring contracts. This is just something that is part of the business side of the game. To bring all this nonsense up to discredit Gasol as a Laker is just childish rubbish. Gasol has won two rings as a Laker, and is on a Laker team which still has a few years to get another. Gasol is now a Laker, and will be remembered fondly as a Laker, all your ridiculous BS standards aside. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : If the Lakers played Celtics stlye of basketball, why did the Lakers have such a huge advantage at the FT line?  Celtics play physical, which could lead to the other team gaining an advantage at the FT line.  So, how do you explain the Lakers playing Celtics b-ball and not have the Celtics be at the FT line more frequently?  The refs turned a blind eye to the Lakers banging the Celtics?
    Posted by agcsbill

The Celtics ran out of gas in game seven, on the road, and they got smoked on the glass. If you are content with crying foul, instead of taking the loss in like a man, you should find something else to do with your time. You are obviously too emotionally weak to handle simple sporting events. If you had any pride in yourself as a man, your behavior in the wake of this loss would embarrass you. It wont, too many people with the intellect of children passing themselves off as men are nothing more than shameless, self-entered, weak sisters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Lakers/Kings 2002  NBA rigged
    Posted by Karllost
           Karllost, that was the most ridiculous NBA game I ever saw in my life! I  If it weren't for rooting for my home team and watching stars like Boston's big 4, Lebron, Dwayne Wade, etc. I would only watch a small fraction of what I normally watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

the lakers played the celtics style of basketball and now boston fan are upset!
    Posted by onetyme348

If the Lakers played Celtics stlye of basketball, why did the Lakers have such a huge advantage at the FT line?  Celtics play physical, which could lead to the other team gaining an advantage at the FT line.  So, how do you explain the Lakers playing Celtics b-ball and not have the Celtics be at the FT line more frequently?  The refs turned a blind eye to the Lakers banging the Celtics?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Bob,

I note you could refute nothing I said, but just called it childish rubbish.  No, Steve Nash was not just full of "childish rubbish" when he protested the Gasol "trade" saying that, "a  big gift was just given to the Lakers".  No Jeff Van Gundy was not full of "childish rubbish" 2 weeks ago when he said LA "hi-jacked" Gasol (as in illegally took something that was not theirs).  Why don't you go on a Phoenix or San Antonio board and ask their opinion as to whether the Gasol "trade" smelling fishy is just "childish rubbish".  Now, allowing  retired Aaron Mckie's new contract to give the Laker cap space was indeed rubbish.

Accepting tampering with competitive balance by having a player like Gasol sent to an over-the-cap team, for an offer many teams would have trumpted in a heartbeat, cannot be whisked away be merely saying "expiring contracts".  The NBA is not supposed to be baseball where some teams are expected to play with wildly unfair advantages.  In baseball the teams actually vote to let the Yankees (and other biggest market teams) play with a stacked deck. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Bob, I note you could refute nothing I said, but just called it childish rubbish.  No, Steve Nash was not just full of "childish rubbish" when he protested the Gasol "trade" saying that, "a  big gift was just given to the Lakers".  No Jeff Van Gundy was not full of "childish rubbish" 2 weeks ago when he said LA "hi-jacked" Gasol (as in illegally took something that was not theirs).  Why don't you go on a Phoenix or San Antonio board and ask their opinion as to whether the Gasol "trade" smelling fishy is just "childish rubbish".  Now, allowing  retired Aaron Mckie's new contract to give the Laker cap space was indeed rubbish. Accepting tampering with competitive balance by having a player like Gasol sent to an over-the-cap team, for an offer many teams would have trumpted in a heartbeat, cannot be whisked away be merely saying "expiring contracts".  The NBA is not supposed to be baseball where some teams are expected to play with wildly unfair advantages.  In baseball the teams actually vote to let the Yankees (and other biggest market teams) play with a stacked deck. 
    Posted by thrombosis

Great post !  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

Bob, I note you could refute nothing I said, but just called it childish rubbish.  No, Steve Nash was not just full of "childish rubbish" when he protested the Gasol "trade" saying that, "a  big gift was just given to the Lakers".  No Jeff Van Gundy was not full of "childish rubbish" 2 weeks ago when he said LA "hi-jacked" Gasol (as in illegally took something that was not theirs).  Why don't you go on a Phoenix or San Antonio board and ask their opinion as to whether the Gasol "trade" smelling fishy is just "childish rubbish".  Now, allowing  retired Aaron Mckie's new contract to give the Laker cap space was indeed rubbish. Accepting tampering with competitive balance by having a player like Gasol sent to an over-the-cap team, for an offer many teams would have trumpted in a heartbeat, cannot be whisked away be merely saying "expiring contracts".  The NBA is not supposed to be baseball where some teams are expected to play with wildly unfair advantages.  In baseball the teams actually vote to let the Yankees (and other biggest market teams) play with a stacked deck. 
    Posted by thrombosis

This from a fan of a Celtic team that was gifted Garnett. I really don't know if there was funny business in either deal, and that was not my contention. My contention with you is that Gasol is now a Laker, regardless of the circumstances behind how he became a Laker. You are now sidetracking the issue. You were claiming Gasol was not a Laker based on how he became a Laker, and that is complete and utter BS.

Memphis wanted to start over, and rebuild. They didn't want to rebuild around Pau. They wanted expiring contracts, and the Lakers gave them the most expiring contracts. Memphis also got Marc Gasol, who is a 14 and 10 guy and developing. The trade has worked out for both teams. What seemed like a one sided deal has turned out to not be so one sided. The Mckie contract was good business, and you know it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OPKIII. Show OPKIII's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You people do not take losing very well do you? Everything under the sun is conspiring against you when you lose isn't it? Memphis got a young stud in Marc Gasol and tons of cap space, the trade has worked out well for them in the end. In fact it is exactly what they wanted to do. If you were basking in the glory of victory, all this nonsense being throw around wouldn't exist, but since you came up losers, this crud persists. Weak stuff, from some sore azz losers.
    Posted by Bobbarcker

Wrong, Adam Sandler breath......Memphis got the PICK that turned into Marc Gasol - I thought you were a lakers fan??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

Suan, I love you.--Hope you are a girl. OPK,  Thank you!.  The Gasol trade would not be allowed by Stern now. It was a dirty deal. Bob, Garnett was not gifted as no other team was going to offer more than Jefferson (22 year old paint-scoring stud on futures all star team for NBA) and the rights of Minn to their own potential lottery pick that the Celts owned.  The rest of the junk the Celts threw in was about the same as what LA paid for 27 year old Gasol and other teams would have surpassed that offer immediately.  So Bob-- answer OPK 
    Posted by thrombosis

You people do not take losing very well do you? Everything under the sun is conspiring against you when you lose isn't it? Memphis got a young stud in Marc Gasol and tons of cap space, the trade has worked out well for them in the end. In fact it is exactly what they wanted to do. If you were basking in the glory of victory, all this nonsense being thrown around wouldn't exist, but since you came up losers, this crud persists. Weak stuff, from some sore azz losers. In the annuals of Basketball history, this championship will go down as a great championship, against a great opponent. This nonsense about it being tainted will go into the trash where it belongs, and whine as you may, you know that is the truth of the matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thrombosis. Show thrombosis's posts

Suan,

I love you.--Hope you are a girl.

OPK,  Thank you!.  The Gasol trade would not be allowed by Stern now. It was a dirty deal.

Bob,

Garnett was not gifted as no other team was going to offer more than Jefferson (22 year old paint-scoring stud on futures all star team for NBA) and the rights of Minn to their own potential lottery pick that the Celts owned.  The rest of the junk the Celts threw in was about the same as what LA paid for 27 year old Gasol and other teams would have surpassed that offer immediately.  So Bob-- answer OPK 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OPKIII. Show OPKIII's posts

Oh yeah, I forgot about Aaron McKie!!!  Cleveland tried to do that this year with Wally S.

Thank goodness the league caught on after the Llama fiasco!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

It's been 2 days, now!  GAME'S OVER!

Let it go!  This is classic stalker mentality you're exhibiting.  Don't you worry about the Boston PD reading your posts, man? 

Somebody should market action figures of all the Celtic players.  That way you Boston Bungholes can buy them and talk to them all summer.  You can tell them how proud you are of them and you can feed them a healthy breakfast in the morning, too.  Especially the Rasheed doll.

BTW, I posted "Sorry, Gotta Run...I've Got a Bus to Stone".  I've been very dissapointed with the response I've received, thus far...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Speaking of being HAPPY that your team won......I give you Casportsfan!!  A guy who claims to have an "Advanced college degree"  - whatever that means, yet can't make a point on here without foul language and testicle jokes.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Oh, you haven't been around too many lawyers have you.  They are the most foul mouthed, insulting people you'll find anywhere.  Arrogant as well.  But ignoring that part;

I'm sorry.  A lot of you guys deserve this.  You RAN your mouths up and down after game 5.  A lot of the laker fans tried to be logical, tried to be even, but you guys just talk and talk.  "Doc outcoaching Phil", "lakers reverted back to old soft ways", "Pau can't play", "Kobe is ruining the team, ball hogging" . . . . .

So when you found out all of that WASN'T true, you had to find another excuse, because if Doc WAS outcoaching Phil, if the Lakers WERE soft, if Kobe DID destroy the team with his ball hogging, then there was NO WAY the Celtics should have lost.  But they did.

As a result, you have the corny referee backdoor excuse, since theories A, B, C, and D didn't hold up . . . . Yeah, the NBA is colluding against a team with 17 titles.  Makes a lot of sense.

So now you do have to eat it man.  You talk like that, you have to eat the goddamn crow afterwards.

Again, that's life.  Don't talk if you can't handle the heat.  I've been on this board EVERY GAME, win, lose or draw, and I'd have manned up and accepted the outcome if Lakers had lost, as I did after games 4 and 5.  I said it was hustle, home court, and bench play, and I said it would reverse in games 6 and 7 when LA had homecourt.

I DIDN'T WHINE ABOUT THE REFS AFTER THOSE GAMES.

You did.  That's really the bottom line.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from politicod. Show politicod's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I agree that I was surprised that they called a foul on Ray.    The Celtics definitely made a lot of bad plays during the fourth quarter and stopped their defensive efforts.   They were the better team until the fourth quarter.  
    Posted by susan250

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wrong, Adam Sandler breath......Memphis got the PICK that turned into Marc Gasol - I thought you were a lakers fan??
    Posted by OPKIII

Gasol was drafted by the Lakers, and his rights were traded as part of the deal. I thought you were a basketball fan. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to criticize something you know so little about.  

Sections
Shortcuts