Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    Unhappiest $100.00 I ever won !!! Lakers won game 6 by 20+ pts so game 7 in Vegas was Lakers -7 or -7 1/2. I really thought it was going to be 9-10 after Perkins was unable to play. But I still put up $110.00( for people who don't bet you pay 10% & can bet either way) to win $100.00. Of course, if you win, you get your whole $110.00 back too. With the tremendous discrepancy in foul shots, it allowed the Lakers who shot only 32 % (Boston 40%) and the Guy who walks on water only 6-24 (25%), to squeak by with a 4 pt victory. This was with 37-17 or 20 more fouls. We shot 15-17 or 88% & they 20% under us 25-37 or 68%. But their 10 pt more in fouls came from 20 shots or a 50%. I mean 1 out of 2 for pro players. Shameful !!! Now, in addition to me, other posts have pointed out that the Refs determined the victors of game #7. But a couple of Laker rebuttals inferred that KG & Ray Allen played so horribly that they threw the game.  Gosh, if they did & bet on the Lakers, they'd have lost the bet as the margin was only 4 pts.  Even the Refs, some who probably bet on the game via friends etc. had hoped the Lakers had shot more than 50% with he extra 20. They are probably sorry they didn't give the lakers another 8 foul shots so at 50% they'd have another 4 pts & beat the spread. Yup, this is tongue & cheek. I feel humor is the best medicine when I've experienced a nightmarish situation like the 4th Qtr of Game 7. But like Donovan of the USA World cup team said today if they lost, "we Americans live with it and get on with it". So, fellow Celtic fans, as McArthur said in the Philipines, "we'll be back". What goes around, comes around you Laker fans so enjoy your tainted championship !!!
    Posted by mandobello

You just hope there aren't 22 years this time b/t rings, and that the C's are back before 2030.  The 37-17 disparity in Game 7 was almost as bad as the 37-10 FT advantage BOS enjoyed in Game 2 of the '08 Finals.  The Lakers still nearly came all the way back from a 24 pt deficit in less than 8 minutes, but a few more free throws would have helped.  Might have been a different series had it gone back to LA 1-1, but I'm sure nobody here thinks the -08 championship is "tainted".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Definitely one of the highlight 80s movies.  I really liked "Better off Dead" as well. 

jofc is actually nothing...but I'd be open to interpretations. 

Wow...I just set myself up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hmmm...maybe they're one and the same, depending on how much ground beef is used.  Also: Is that 'Say Anything'?  I can almost hear the Peter Gabriel. 
    Posted by jofc

Indeed it is. Great flick. But I can't begin to imagine what jofc is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Definitely one of the highlight 80s movies.  I really liked "Better off Dead" as well.  jofc is actually nothing...but I'd be open to interpretations.  Wow...I just set myself up...
    Posted by jofc

Wowsowski!  I didn't no dere wuz any highlites in da 80's, jus low-lites and low-lifes.

As fer yer handle, hows about Joy of Fooking & Cooking?

We going fer 300, baby. 

Big prize fer da 300th poster on dis tread.  An dat ain't tainted

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

lakers were heavy favorites, how did the Celtics choke?
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Lakers were heavy favorites? beats me. Reading this forum before the series, it didn't look like the Lakers had a chance.

Celtics in 4,
    Celtics in 5,
    Celtics in 6,
    Celtics in 7 (that's a desperation shot after game 6)

banner #18...

Even Pierce claimed that the series wouldn't go back to LA.

So, when your team loses, the best stunt is to work up your opponent as heavy favorites. That your team didn't have a chance in the first place. That's the standard stunt for self mental healing...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

To all complaining about the officiating.  If you are really unhappy with the officiating in the NBA, you really need to send an e-mail to the NBA.  
    Posted by susan250

I've been doing that for three years during the regular season, as well as playoffs. They answer with this BS, "we take your points seriously....."  Right, sure they do. The League doesn't mind embarrassing itself like this as long as one of its two marquee players wins and they get the advertising dollars.  What makes me sick is them showing all-LeBron-all-the-time in promos for the Finals - he lost (badly beaten) and hasn't made it to the Finals since he got his lunch money taken in four by SA! And lost and lost, but they keep pushing this gagging loser.  He has size and can dunk, but little else, unless you count his mother's defense.  I also think he's quite awkward, not a smooth athlete at all, but that's just to my eye.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

What goes around, comes around you Laker fans so enjoy your tainted championship !!!

Posted by mandabello.

Loving this 16th championship feeling a lot thanks. Enjoy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wowsowski!  I didn't no dere wuz any highlites in da 80's, jus low-lites and low-lifes. As fer yer handle, hows about Joy of Fooking & Cooking? We going fer 300, baby.  Big prize fer da 300th poster on dis tread.  An dat ain't tainted
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Heheh, good stuff man.  Let the push to 300 continue.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

I went away for a few days and can't believe this thread is still active. You guys still belly achin' about one of the greatest Laker victories ever? I want to thank the Celtics for giving me one of the best weeks I've ever had. For awhile there I thought it was over, being down 3-2, but thanks to the Celtic choke, I am a new man. I remember when Boston used to just humiliate us and the hurt would last all through the following season, so I hope you are all going through the same thing. How's it feel to be on the other end? It acually would have been fine with me if the Cavs had won the title, too. Anybody but you guys. So anyway, have an awful off-season and I hope you are all in the beginning stage of your suffering that will carry for months, if not years. One of the best things I did the end of game 7 was light up a big victory , f***en cigar. I got that from, uh, what's his name, uh, that fat dude, I can't think of his name at the moment. But anyway, just letting you know what a great day it is in L.A., the sun's out, and it 'sho is beatiful outside.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GREEN-KILLER-GO-DYNASTY. Show GREEN-KILLER-GO-DYNASTY's posts

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6318/58903692.gif

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Home court advantage should not mean an advatange in calls.  Also, when computing fouls you have to subtract the "given" fouls where teams intentionally give up the foul.  There wasn't much of that in the 7th this year because the game was close.  There were a lot in the other games sited.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You just hope there aren't 22 years this time b/t rings, and that the C's are back before 2030.  The 37-17 disparity in Game 7 was almost as bad as the 37-10 FT advantage BOS enjoyed in Game 2 of the '08 Finals.  The Lakers still nearly came all the way back from a 24 pt deficit in less than 8 minutes, but a few more free throws would have helped.  Might have been a different series had it gone back to LA 1-1, but I'm sure nobody here thinks the -08 championship is "tainted".
    Posted by MrvAlbertsBra

No it wasn't because it wasn't game 7 and it wasn't 21 foul shots in the last quarter. This is and will be a tainted championship and you will be hearing it from fans outside of LA forever. So in effect the refs stole one from LA too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wasn't speaking to you - AND all the EXPERTS (we don't qualify) picked the lakers.  ESPN polls had it about  75-25.  I am proud of what the CELTICS accomplished this year,  no one gave us a chance, and we took the great and powerful lakers to 7 games, scaring the bejeezus out of them. And I live in LA, think anyone out here picked Boston??  "LA in 4 or 5"  was all I  heard every day.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

You speak the truth.  There were a few 'experts' out there picking the Cetlics, but the bulk were backing LA. 

They had that poll before game 7 as well, where 48/50 states thought LA would win it. 

That's why I don't like experts...

A lot of posters here, including myself, picked this to go 7. 

Then there were the typical goofy Laker/Celtics fans who picked their team in 4 or 5. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Lakers were heavy favorites? beats me. Reading this forum before the series, it didn't look like the Lakers had a chance. Celtics in 4, Celtics in 5, Celtics in 6, Celtics in 7 (that's a desperation shot after game 6) banner #18... Even Pierce claimed that the series wouldn't go back to LA. So, when your team loses, the best stunt is to work up your opponent as heavy favorites. That your team didn't have a chance in the first place. That's the standard stunt for self mental healing...
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

Wasn't speaking to you - AND all the EXPERTS (we don't qualify) picked the lakers.  ESPN polls had it about  75-25.  I am proud of what the CELTICS accomplished this year,  no one gave us a chance, and we took the great and powerful lakers to 7 games, scaring the bejeezus out of them.

And I live in LA, think anyone out here picked Boston??  "LA in 4 or 5"  was all I  heard every day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Well, the last thing we worry about is your anger. Look at the scoreboard. Crowning the Lakers as 2010 NBA champs does not rely on your mood or approval. The more angry you Celtics whiners are, i.e. feel cheated/robbed/screwed, the better I feel, because there is nothing you losers can do about the fact: Lakers won the championship. So enjoy being angry....
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

Don't make me laugh, if you weren't upset about the claims and knowledge that the whole country and not just Celtics fans are talking about the 21 foul shots in the fourth quarter resulting the championship being stolen from the Celtics you wouldn't be on here at all.

This will forever be tainted by what happened and the Lakers will and people like you who are in denial are always going to have to defend this tainted championship.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : The fouls were real, the win was real, and the championship is real. Sorry pookie, only a few heartbroken Celtics fans who can't reconciliate losing game 7 are crying foul. This claim about tainted championship, and how they stole one from the Lakers too, is just pure crap. You can't even get a majority of Celtics fans to agree with that. You might be able to pull together some snivelers on the message board to agree, but the broader Celtic fan base is more intelligent, and would pass on such petty BS. The problem you can't seem to grasp is that the Lakers were going inside, and driving to the hole, and they were being blatantly hacked. Not calling those fouls would have been ridiculous, it would have been the worst officiated game in history. The Celtics aren't claiming they were cheated, only a few of their sniveling fans.  The banner is going up in the rafters, the ring ceremony will commence, and the history has been written. There are no asterisks, no consensus thoughts of injustice, just another hard fought championship. That is what we will hear about forever, regardless of your chickensh!t assertions to the contrary.
    Posted by Bobbarcker

Au contrair monsieur. Try reading blogs all over the country if you think this is isolated to Celtics fans. I read blogs in the following cities...Phillie, Miami, Cleveland and Chicago and the consensus was that this was a stolen championship. You know it is true or you wouldn't even be trying to debate it with  me. If you were a real basketball afficionado you would agree not disagree. The best you can say is that is the breaks and it doesn't do any good to complain. In fact I believe it does some good to complain about this. I do believe the league, if enough people complain, will do something to prevent this from happening again. And even though I believe this is an illegitimate title I don't blame the lakers or their fans. I think that they have had an injustice perpetrated on them as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelly91054. Show kelly91054's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07
    Hey i couldn't even watch sports for days. That is why you want 4 at home not 3. they won the thing because of the no calls on them at home but that is the way it goes. I still think we had the better team if Penkin's didn't get hurt if the calls were called different there is always a lot of if's. If we would have made the easy shots we missed it would never have even been a game. We held them under 90 it was our game with out Penkin's we just missed to many at the end.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Au contrair monsieur. Try reading blogs all over the country if you think this is isolated to Celtics fans. I read blogs in the following cities...Phillie, Miami, Cleveland and Chicago and the consensus was that this was a stolen championship. You know it is true or you wouldn't even be trying to debate it with  me. If you were a real basketball afficionado you would agree not disagree. The best you can say is that is the breaks and it doesn't do any good to complain. In fact I believe it does some good to complain about this. I do believe the league, if enough people complain, will do something to prevent this fro
    m happening again. And even though I believe this is an illegitimate title I don't blame the lakers or their fans. I think that they have had an injustice perpetrated on them as well.
    Posted by gtown07

Nah, it's just sour grapes. All the bloggers throughout the country all write this was a great Laker victory. Even your own won Bob Ryan says so. How come no writers here at BDC say this was tainted, a conspiracy, blah, blah....? Show some links to prove your point. All I can say is this, this game 7 had much more implication for the Celtics-Lakers rivalry than all the others before. It was as sweet as they come and it really truly helps that Celtic fans wanted this one so badly.  It also helps that the Celtic fans are the most miserable, arrogant and nasty in the NBA, and you all cry like children. If the refs wouldn't have favored the Celtics so much we would have swept, EASILY. I predict next year will be even sweeter seeing the Lakers inch closer to 17 while the Celtics do another Moses routine and wander in the desert for a couple of decades.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Definitely one of the highlight 80s movies.  I really liked "Better off Dead" as well.  jofc is actually nothing...but I'd be open to interpretations.  Wow...I just set myself up...
    Posted by jofc

"TWO DOLLARS  - I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!!"
    I think that's Better Off Dead, but I can't remember anymore

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dewey007boston. Show dewey007boston's posts

I think the big play that blew my mind was the foul on Ray Allen that sent Kobe to the line for three foul shots. Ray had no contact and to send Kobe to the line was at that juncture a gift complete bailout for an errant shot. It sunk us. Even with Ray so off PP with his isolations in the fourth sunk the team.  I think PP was who Doc was referring to when he said they got away from playing together.
    Posted by concord27

thats the one that i hated too...the killer. kobe hit em all, right? in general, i agree with the poster here but thats the game. if its close in the 4th, lakers always win by hook or by bribe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dewey007boston. Show dewey007boston's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : The fouls were real, the win was real, and the championship is real. Sorry pookie, only a few heartbroken Celtics fans who can't reconciliate losing game 7 are crying foul. This claim about tainted championship, and how they stole one from the Lakers too, is just pure crap. You can't even get a majority of Celtics fans to agree with that. You might be able to pull together some snivelers on the message board to agree, but the broader Celtic fan base is more intelligent, and would pass on such petty BS. The problem you can't seem to grasp is that the Lakers were going inside, and driving to the hole, and they were being blatantly hacked. Not calling those fouls would have been ridiculous, it would have been the worst officiated game in history. The Celtics aren't claiming they were cheated, only a few of their sniveling fans.  The banner is going up in the rafters, the ring ceremony will commence, and the history has been written. There are no asterisks, no consensus thoughts of injustice, just another hard fought championship. That is what we will hear about forever, regardless of your chickensh!t assertions to the contrary.
    Posted by Bobbarcker

hey, smart guy, is it a coincidence that "lie" and "laker" begin with the same letter? it is not, and you are a liar.the poster is correct on several calls that should have been reversed on appeal. BEAT LA AGAIN!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Sure you can go find people all over the country who will cry foul, but they are isolated segments of varying fan bases, and far from being big enough in numbers to be anything but meaningless jealousy. Your assertion that I know it is true or I wouldn't debate it is just more crap. Someone calls BS on you, and it is because they know your BS is true? Get this straight, I am calling you pathetic, calling you out for being totally full of crap.  Success breeds this kind of childish opposition, and no one team has been more successful in recent history that the Lakers. This injustice you are claiming is not backed up with actual events that occurred in the game. The Celtics did not make the Lakers make shots in the fourth, they fouled. The Lakers made the Celtics make shots, and they missed. Free throw disparity is quite normal, happens all the time, and is usually attributed to how the game is being executed by the players. There were huge free throw disparities in the 2008 series in favor of the Celtics, and they occurred not because of conspiracy, or foul play. They happened because of how the teams were executing in the game. In fact, if you look at the game and note the fouls, missed fouls, and cheap fouls, the Celtics got the better of it, and still lost. That is the reality you people can't accept. This notion that the championship is tainted or stolen is the province of pillow soft men, too weak to accept defeat with any sort of grace what so ever. And of course the game is out their for all the world to see, cut it up, and prove your claims. It shouldn't be that hard to show the injustice if it was as bad as you claim. You wont, because you can't. Funny things is, you claim all the world knows your pathetic cries of injustice to be true, yet none of them have bothered to bring forth a cut up version of all the fouls and missed fouls to prove this nonsense. Why? Because they can't, because it does not exist.
    Posted by Bobbarcker

Most of what you wrote is BS. The foul calls were not the same. Garnett got hacked by Gasol ...no call. Pierce got hacked taking it in the lane by Artest. No call...run it in slow mo or fast still a hack...no call...Rondo shoved to the floor as Gasol came over his back...no call...Kobe just dives into the lane..clearly a no call as he initiated all the contact...nope...he gets the foul shots....Artest did the same a minute before...clearly something that wasn't called the whole game is now a foul in LA's favor. Gasol went over Garnetts back...no call ball out off of Garnett...Garnett blocks Kobe's shot...nope a foul on Garnett. Rasheed gets all ball block on Artest...nope foul...

The Lakers were stinking it up out there until the Refs started calling fouls. It was not a case of fouls as LA was shooting...Kobe and Artest and Gasol were diving into people. The same thing was happening all game but they were no calls. Nope this game was decided not by how the Lakers played but by how the refs called it.

Tainted championship. Admit it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : That's funny. If people in this forum "we" don't qualify, then what qualifications do the people in LA have? You obviously like to contradict yourself. Besides, ESPN's expert picks was 40% Celtics, 60% Lakers. It doesn't qualify as "heavy favorites" in anyone's books. http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-lakers And since you are proud that of what the Celtics had accomplished this season, would you be as proud had the Celtics lost in the first round to the Heat? why or why not?
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

Clearly butting into other people's conversations seems to be your MO.  Also, you have a unique problem of not reading the original post. So, I will try to explain this to you as simply as I can:

1. The late (TTM) martini said, "The Celtics choked."
    2.  My response to HIM was, "how could the Celtics choke when the lakers were heavy favorites?"
    3.  You then joined the conversation stating all you heard on this board was how easily the Celtics would win.
    4. I responded that all I've heard living in LA, is how easily the lakers were going to win, cancels each other out since neither fan base qualifies as experts. And , just for the record, I meant going into the playoffs, not when the Finals started, that was a nice try, though, and I think most intelligent people could have figured that one out.  WHEN the playoffs started, the lakers were heavy favorites.
    5. To prove your.........point (?) (which is what exactly?) you copied a very nice article where 6 of 10 ESPN analysts picked the lakers to win.  You neglected, of course, all the talking heads on TV who ALL picked the lakers (except Jon Barry).
    6. Your article backfired, as it proved MY point, the lakers were favored, so how did the Celtics choke?  You'll have to answer that one for martini, since his kiddie pics got him banned......:)
    7.  NO, of course I would not be saying the same thing if we lost to the Heat, another stupid comment.  We were given NO chance all year, then beat the team with the best record, second best record and lost in  7 great games to the team with the third best record. I am proud of that, I do wish we won, though, to finally shut you people up...........................
    have a nice day, and TRY not to butt into  other's conversations. Thanks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wasn't speaking to you - AND all the EXPERTS (we don't qualify) picked the lakers.  ESPN polls had it about  75-25.  I am proud of what the CELTICS accomplished this year,  no one gave us a chance, and we took the great and powerful lakers to 7 games, scaring the bejeezus out of them. And I live in LA, think anyone out here picked Boston??  "LA in 4 or 5"  was all I  heard every day.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

That's funny. If people in this forum "we" don't qualify, then what qualifications do the people in LA have? You obviously like to contradict yourself.

Besides, ESPN's expert picks was 40% Celtics, 60% Lakers. It doesn't qualify as "heavy favorites" in anyone's books.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-lakers

And since you are proud that of what the Celtics had accomplished this season, would you be as proud had the Celtics lost in the first round to the Heat? why or why not?

Sections
Shortcuts