Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

Dream on, tainted dreamers, dream on.

Wese goin fer 400 an beyond!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : There is one truth about discussions on these blogs. You know you have won your argument when your opponent is the first one to resort to insults and name calling.
    Posted by gtown07

If that's true then we Laker fans have won the argument many times over. Look over your own posts, along with many others on this thread and on this site as a whole. It's saturated with comments that abuse the Lakers, their fans, and anyone on this site who says a word on their behalf.

You never argue the facts. You constantly berate Lakers fans and the Lakers themselves. You indulge in name calling and chickensh*t innuendos. Not just once in a while. But all the time.

You act stupefied by the number of fouls called on the Celtics in the final quarter, repeating that number as if it's some sort of catechism. You don't exactly say the Celtics didn't really commit the fouls they were charged with. You don't exactly say the refs engaged in a knowing conspiracy to call fouls only on the Celtics. (Sometimes you sorta-kinda-almost say it, but then back off. And you post a link to a Boston lackey-journalist who likewise sorta-kinda-almost says a conspiracy was going on but then backs off because, he says, he can't "prove" it.)

You can't keep saying, "If only the refs hadn't called so many fouls on Boston . . ." and act like that's what decided the game. The Lakers weren't all that sharp at the freethrow line. But they were driving -- persistently and consistently driving -- throughout every quarter but the first. The Celtics offense was just no match for the Lakers as the game went on. They just couldn't hold a lead. They couldn't hold onto a 13-point lead in the third quarter, before all this biased officiating is supposed to have begun. They couldn't control the boards -- (and that's putting it diplomatically; in fact, they were destroyed on the boards). All the players admit they were exhausted. All of them admit they couldn't summon their offense when they needed it most. All the players admit they lost the game on their own. Scalabrine scoffed at the idea that the refs gave the game to the Lakers. But you claim to know the facts better than they do. You suggest that they can't speak the truth. In fact, you seem to be saying that the Celtics are afraid to tell the truth since, if they do, Stern will fine them.

All you do is count the fouls called and then assume -- as if proof is wholly unnecessaryt -- that the Lakers would not otherwise have scored. But if you're gonna argue that Boston's game would have changed for the better without the penalty calls, you've got to acknowledge the L.A.'s game would have done the same. And no one who watches that game with an unprejudiced eye can fail to admit that the Lakers offense, as cold as it was, creeped up steadily, quarter-by-quarter, on the Celtics from the second period on.

There's a lot I don't know about the world -- and a lot I don't know about basketball. But I do know when some guy is bad-mouthing me and then turning around like a priss to pretend he's not doing it. You are guilty, my friend, of doing everything you accuse others of doing. So when you say you smell somethin' rotten about game 7 of these finals, all you're smellin' is your upper lip.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Sorry Jofc...it appears that "Posts from jofc are hidden". I'm not sure why.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Didn't the rock group, Pet Shop Boys, do a song called: "Tainted ......." I can't remember ........ Maybe it was called: "Tainted Championship." ....... Naw, I'm probably wrong. ........ If the Cavs couldn't get the rings, I wanted the Celts to. I hope this thread gets up to 400 posts. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : There is one truth about discussions on these blogs. You know you have won your argument when your opponent is the first one to resort to insults and name calling. Glad to see you are now admitting I'm right. On the other hand why don't you detail the "considerable evidence that contradicts your (my) self-delusions (about what I don't know)."
    Posted by gtown07

I love it when people start playing psychologist, making up 'truths' about message boards and such.  nonsense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You weren't being "tongue in cheek". You were being "head up *ss". And your head is still firmly planted there, since you're unable to see and process the considerable evidence that contradicts your self-delusions.
    Posted by yoshinny

There is one truth about discussions on these blogs. You know you have won your argument when your opponent is the first one to resort to insults and name calling. Glad to see you are now admitting I'm right. On the other hand why don't you detail the "considerable evidence that contradicts your (my) self-delusions (about what I don't know)."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

THE CELTICS WERE RAPED VIOLATED ROBBED PEED ON SET UP RIGGED FIXED AND FAKE BY DAVID STERN AND HIS CHOSEN FEW THE CROOKED CREW THE WORST OF THEM ALL WHO IS INVOLVED IN THE MOST DIRTY WORK WHO STERN COUNTS ON IS JOEY CRAWFORD.GAME 5 IN ORLANDO DAVID STERN GAME 1 AGAINST THE GAYKERS PUTS RAY ALLEN IN FOUL TROUBLE GAME 7 CRUCIAL OF THEM ALL THIS IS EVEIDENCE.ALSO I HAVE OTHER PROVEN FACTS.THE OBAMA INTERVIEW HE PICKED THE GAYKERS EVEN SAYING THE CELTICS ARE THE BETTER TEAM.DAVID STERN TAMPERING WITH THE GAYKERS SCHEDULE THIS YEAR GIVING THEM 19 STRAIGHT HOME GAMES AGAINST WEAK OPPOSITION SOME'EM THAT HYAS NEVER BEEN DONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT EVER!THE REASON BEING WAS BECAUSE OF TIM DONAGHYS BOOK COMING OUT ONLY TO GIVE THE GAYKERS HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE FOR THIS PARTICULAR TIME OF THE YEAR. DO YOU WANT MORE FACTS WHAT ABOUT THE BIAS ANNOUNCERS I MEAN THIS GETS SO SICK DOWN TO THE WIRE YO HOW ABOUT GAME 5 AGAINST THE GAYKERS? ON A SUNDAY WHY WAS THE GAME PLAYED AT 8PM AT NIGHT WHEN IT IS SUNDAY PRIME TIME BOTH COAST EAST AND WEST ARE OFF AND CAN TUNE IN FOR A 10 AM OR 12 PM GAME SO THAT WE COULD HAVE CAUGHT AN EARLIER FLIGHT WHICH WOULD HAVE GIVEN US MORE REST AND OUR BELOVED C'S WOULD HAVE FINISHED THEM OFF IN GAME 6.tHE GAYKERS SCUK INREALITY THEY POSE NO THREAT TO US THEY ARE NOT A GREAT TEAM TO BEAT US SO NOW THIS IS WHY THE REF'S HAD TO STEP IN AND SAVE THEM STERN SENDS THE SIGNAL AND CRAWFORDS GO TO WORK.THEIR WAS NO WAY HE WAS GONNA LET THE CELTICS BEAT CRYANT TWICE CRYANT IS HIS MEAL TICKET TO THIS MARKETING THING.WHICH IS TOTALY UNFAIR AND UNRIGHTIOUS IN THIS CROOKED LEAGUE HE SHOULD HAVE LET THEM BEAT US WITH TALENT AND GUTS WHICH DIDN'T HAPPEN.THE REF'S BEAT US AND I HATE STERN AND HIS HENCH MEN THIS HAVES TO GO DOWN AS THE MOST TAINTED IN THE BOOKS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : If that's true then we Laker fans have won the argument many times over. Look over your own posts, along with many others on this thread and on this site as a whole. It's saturated with comments that abuse the Lakers, their fans, and anyone on this site who says a word on their behalf. You never argue the facts. You constantly berate Lakers fans and the Lakers themselves. You indulge in name calling and chickensh*t innuendos. Not just once in a while. But all the time. You act stupefied by the number of fouls called on the Celtics in the final quarter, repeating that number as if it's some sort of catechism. You don't exactly say the Celtics didn't really commit the fouls they were charged with. You don't exactly say the refs engaged in a knowing conspiracy to call fouls only on the Celtics. (Sometimes you sorta-kinda-almost say it, but then back off. And you post a link to a Boston lackey-journalist who likewise sorta-kinda-almost says a conspiracy was going on but then backs off because, he says, he can't "prove" it.) You can't keep saying, "If only the refs hadn't called so many fouls on Boston . . ." and act like that's what decided the game. The Lakers weren't all that sharp at the freethrow line. But they were driving -- persistently and consistently driving -- throughout every quarter but the first. The Celtics offense was just no match for the Lakers as the game went on. They just couldn't hold a lead. They couldn't hold onto a 13-point lead in the third quarter, before all this biased officiating is supposed to have begun. They couldn't control the boards -- (and that's putting it diplomatically; in fact, they were destroyed on the boards). All the players admit they were exhausted. All of them admit they couldn't summon their offense when they needed it most. All the players admit they lost the game on their own. Scalabrine scoffed at the idea that the refs gave the game to the Lakers. But you know better than they do. They have no interest in speaking the truth. In fact,  from what you say, the Celtics are afraid to tell they truth. After all, Stern might fine them. All you do is count the fouls called and then assume -- as if it goes without saying -- that the Lakers would not otherwise have scored. But if you're gonna argue that Boston's game would have changed for the better without the penalty calls, you'e got to acknowledge the L.A.'s game would have done the same. And no one who watches that game with an unprejudiced eye can fail to admit that the Lakers offense, as cold as it was, creeped up steadily, quarter-by-quarter, on the Celtics from the second period on. There's a lot I don't know about the world -- and a lot I don't know about basketball. But I do know when some guy is bad-mouthing me and then turning around like a priss to pretend he's not doing it. You are guilty, my friend, of doing everything you accuse others of doing. So when you say you smell somethin' rotten about game 7 of these finals, all you're smellin' is your upper lip.
    Posted by yoshinny

Actually almost everything you said in your post is untrue. The details of what happened, which calls were bad, which calls went uncalled, which calls should have been no calls all have been detailed in this thread as well as all over the internet in the days following the game. As for me bad mouthing the Lakers, never did it, the only thing I said was that they were stinking it up in the game until the refs started handing it to them with phantom foul calls or calls that had been no calls the whole game and calls that were no calls when the Lakers perpetrated them on the Celtics. The Lakers fans are the underserving deniers and when one of them steps up and becomes honest about what happened they will get my respect. The Lakers were not at fault. The refs were at fault. The Lakers didn't "win" the championship with superior play. They won it because the refs blew it. As a result this will be forever known as a tainted champioship.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Actually almost everything you said in your post is untrue. The details of what happened, which calls were bad, which calls went uncalled, which calls should have been no calls all have been detailed in this thread as well as all over the internet in the days following the game. As for me bad mouthing the Lakers, never did it, the only thing I said was that they were stinking it up in the game until the refs started handing it to them with phantom foul calls or calls that had been no calls the whole game and calls that were no calls when the Lakers perpetrated them on the Celtics. The Lakers fans are the underserving deniers and when one of them steps up and becomes honest about what happened they will get my respect. The Lakers were not at fault. The refs were at fault. The Lakers didn't "win" the championship with superior play. They won it because the refs blew it. As a result this will be forever known as a tainted champioship.
    Posted by gtown07

No. It will forever be known as the series where some cry-baby Boston fans had to lie to themselves that the refs stole the championship from a team that didn't win it. When you stand up and admit the truth of the matter, then perhaps you'll earn my respect.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lkrgrl4evr. Show lkrgrl4evr's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : No. It will forever be known as the series where some cry-baby Boston fans had to lie to themselves that the refs stole the championship from a team that didn't win it. When you stand up and admit the truth of the matter, then perhaps you'll earn my respect.
    Posted by yoshinny

I know I will never get your respect because you know that to respect my opinion on this is to admit I'm right. Your only defense of the Laker tainted title is denial. I have the facts. Your team has the trophy. I would trade you if I could. I'm sorry for you, as I said before the refs stole the title from the Celtics but they also did an injury to fans everywhere including the Laker fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

Gaykers Fans will always go down as hellen keller fans all around the world and league they are deaf,dumb and blind you see they made their way into a celtics thread they don't know where they are going lol! yeas hellen keller fans myopic and in denial.they didn't beat us on talent and guts they beat us on kissin david sterns butt yo.We will win the title and their won't be a 3peat phil wackston has gone to far to go down as a loser his final year and boston will close the books on this we got a chip on our shoulder the size of brooklyn.We just gotta beat david stern and joey crawford to win our title back just like we did in 08 we defeated the most powerful jew in sports sure he put us through some obstacles like stretching that atlanta series to 7 games such as us almost being perfect winners in our building next thing you know he spun his web to give detroit a win in our house we defeated stern and his crooked ref's we will do it again.the GAykers ain't no good yo the best team on the west is denver and they got robbed last year to by them.this cycle will continue till we end it next june.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I know I will never get your respect because you know that to respect my opinion on this is to admit I'm right. Your only defense of the Laker tainted title is denial. I have the facts. Your team has the trophy. I would trade you if I could. I'm sorry for you, as I said before the refs stole the title from the Celtics but they also did an injury to fans everywhere including the Laker fans.
    Posted by gtown07

You have the facts. Hmmmmm . . .

The facts: Lakers out-score Celtics in all but first quarter. Lakers out-rebound Celtics throughout game. Celtics blow nearly all their 13-point lead without refs help. Celtics get big chunk of fourth quarter points only from free-throws and three-pointers. Celtics themselves admit they were outplayed by Lakers. Celtics  themselves admit they were forced to foul driving Lakers because they were tired and couldn't stop them any other way. Celtics themselves admit their offense went south at the wrong time. Celtics themselves deny that refs stole game from them.

Only people who refuse to acknowledge truth are cry-baby Celtics fans and those who hate Lakers for reasons having nothing to do with the series.

Jeez . . . we Lakers fans have these facts and the championship trophy?

Naw . . . I think I'll pass on your trade. The only "facts" you have consist of your disagreement with the foul calls. How is that so different from the good old-fashioned sour grapes we get from losing fans in any professional sport?

It really enhances the pleasure of beating Boston when so many of its fans are crabbing the way you are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Another milestone reached, fellas. Keep it going. 500... here we come! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

500 will jus be a way station on da road ta ad infinitium.

Dats jus da way Taint goes, it stinks an ya cain't git it offin youse.

Jus ask Stern & Taint:  Lawyers at Large:  Specializing in da big fix.

Dis tread gonna go on & on till somebody wins a legitimsate title dat ain't tainted like dis one da fakers had handed to em.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

I had such high hopes for yoshinny.  He seemed to know basketball and respect the Celtics.  Now, he's justantohertroll
    Posted by hedleylamarr

The Celtics I respect.

When I see those who don't respect the Lakers -- the fools who persist in denouncing them for winning a "tainted" championship -- I'm obliged to fight as vigorously for my team's reputation as Boston fans fight for theirs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

yoshitty those ain't facts thats fiction

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You have the facts. Hmmmmm . . . The facts: Lakers out-score Celtics in all but first quarter. Lakers out-rebound Celtics throughout game. Celtics blow nearly all their 13-point lead without refs help. Celtics get big chunk of fourth quarter points only from free-throws and three-pointers. Celtics themselves admit they were outplayed by Lakers. Celtics  themselves admit they were forced to foul driving Lakers because they were tired and couldn't stop them any other way. Celtics themselves admit their offense went south at the wrong time. Celtics themselves deny that refs stole game from them. Only people who refuse to acknowledge truth are cry-baby Celtics fans and those who hate Lakers for reasons having nothing to do with the series. Jeez . . . we Lakers fans have these facts and the championship trophy? Naw . . . I think I'll pass on your trade. The only "facts" you have consist of your disagreement with the foul calls. How is that so different from the good old-fashioned sour grapes we get from losing fans in any professional sport? It really enhances the pleasure of beating Boston when so many of its fans are crabbing the way you are.
    Posted by yoshinny

You have that right that despite all your facts it is amazing that the refs had to go ahead and give the game to the Lakers by making a bunch of inappropriate calls. Why didn't they just let them play to see it the Lakers could win it on their own. I know why. They knew they couldn't win it on their own. 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter alone. 15 more foul shots than the Celtics and the Lakers win by 4.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I love this thread. I hope Stern is taking notice.

"You can fool some of the people sometime, but you can't fool ALL the people ALL the time!"- Bob Marley

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I had such high hopes for yoshinny.  He seemed to know basketball and respect the Celtics.  Now, he's justantohertroll

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You have that right that despite all your facts it is amazing that the refs had to go ahead and give the game to the Lakers by making a bunch of inappropriate calls. Why didn't they just let them play to see it the Lakers could win it on their own. I know why. They knew they couldn't win it on their own. 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter alone. 15 more foul shots than the Celtics and the Lakers win by 4.
    Posted by gtown07

We'll try this again -- though I don't expect you to pay attention to the facts.

Eleven of those 21 foul shots took place after the Lakers were ahead by four points. You may recall that, when the score was still tied at 61 apiece, Boston took a three-point lead on three successive free throws. Why would the officials give them that chance at that moment in the game if they had any sort of prejudice against them?

That score was tied on a Laker three-pointer. Before then, the Lakers had gotten only one more point from the line in that quarter than Boston. Perhaps you'll remember that Kobe got three shots from the line because he was fouled shooting a three-pointer. That call was supported by instant replay review. So let's not pretend the foul was a "phantom" or that it never happened. Of the post-lead fouls probably four shots arose from the Celtics intentionally fouling with about 25 or fewer seconds left on the clock. 

In truth, all that kept the game close in the final minutes were Boston's three successive three-point shots. There was no way the Celtics could easily get to the basket and, once they were there, even you won't argue they were winning the battle of the glass.

So exactly at what point are you saying the refs gift-wrapped the game to the Lakers?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

"21 foul shots in the 4th quarter alone. 15 more foul shots than the Celtics and the Lakers win by 4. "

DO YOU HEAR THAT STERN!!!...........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : We'll try this again -- though I don't expect you to pay attention to the facts. Eleven of those 21 foul shots took place after the Lakers were ahead by four points. You may recall that, when the score was still tied at 61 apiece, Boston took a three-point lead on three successive free throws. Why would the officials give them that chance at that moment in the game if they had any sort of prejudice against them? That score was tied on a Laker three-pointer. Before then, the Lakers had gotten only one more point from the line in that quarter than Boston. Perhaps you'll remember that Kobe got three shots from the line because he was fouled shooting a three-pointer. That call was supported by instant replay review. So let's not pretend the foul was a "phantom" or that it never happened. Of the post-lead fouls probably four shots arose from the Celtics intentionally fouling with about 25 or fewer seconds left on the clock.  In truth, all that kept the game close in the final minutes were Boston's three successive three-point shots. There was no way the Celtics could easily get to the basket and, once they were there, even you won't argue they were winning the battle of the glass. So exactly at what point are you saying the refs gift-wrapped the game to the Lakers?
    Posted by yoshinny

14 to 4 after the game was tied at 61. Only two foul shots were the result of an intentional foul by the Celtics. 12 foul shots by Lakers were not fouls. Like Garnetts block of the Gasol shot which was clean and Garnett got called for the foul. Like the clean block of Kobe by Pierce. Like the Big Baby phantom foul on Kobe during rebounding. Review that one and find the foul. There wasn't one. Like the Gasol hack on Garnett that was called a block...he didn't get his hand he got his arm. It was a combination of bad calls for the Lakers and bad no calls which also benefitted the Lakers.

4:37 score 64-68 ...Garnett blocks Gasol and Gasol gets two foul shots...should have stayed at 64-68...Pierce makes two point shot..score should have been 66-68....3:20 Pierce blocks Kobe...phantom foul called..score should have stayed the same as it was not a foul...Pierce makes shot..68-68...2:47 phantom foul on Garnett give Gasol two shots...score should have stayed the same...Pierce hacked by Artest makes two foul shots...score should have been 70-68...1:45 Kobe hacks Pierce underneath across both of his arms...call...out off Pierce no foul called ..should have had two foul shots ...72-68...1:30  Gasol makes layup after up and down...should have been a turnover...no call should have kept the score at 72-68... Wallace makes 3 score should have been 75-68...Artest makes 3 score should have been 75-71...Allen makes 3 Score should have been 78-71...Gasol pushes Rondo down in rebounding action foul should have been called...let's assume Rondo misses both ...still 78-71...Phantom foul as Kobe dives into the pack ...at best a no call...two foul shots  78-73...Rondo 3 81-73 and two meaningless foul shots by Vujacic...78-75   Celtics win the title fair and square.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : 14 to 4 after the game was tied at 61. Only two foul shots were the result of an intentional foul by the Celtics. 12 foul shots by Lakers were not fouls. Like Garnetts block of the Gasol shot which was clean and Garnett got called for the foul. Like the clean block of Kobe by Pierce. Like the Big Baby phantom foul on Kobe during rebounding. Review that one and find the foul. There wasn't one. Like the Gasol hack on Garnett that was called a block...he didn't get his hand he got his arm. It was a combination of bad calls for the Lakers and bad no calls which also benefitted the Lakers. 4:37 score 64-68 ...Garnett blocks Gasol and Gasol gets two foul shots...should have stayed at 64-68...Pierce makes two point shot..score should have been 66-68....3:20 Pierce blocks Kobe...phantom foul called..score should have stayed the same as it was not a foul...Pierce makes shot..68-68...2:47 phantom foul on Garnett give Gasol two shots...score should have stayed the same...Pierce hacked by Artest makes two foul shots...score should have been 70-68...1:45 Kobe hacks Pierce underneath across both of his arms...call...out off Pierce no foul called ..should have had two foul shots ...72-68...1:30  Gasol makes layup after up and down...should have been a turnover...no call should have kept the score at 72-68... Wallace makes 3 score should have been 75-68...Artest makes 3 score should have been 75-71...Allen makes 3 Score should have been 78-71...Gasol pushes Rondo down in rebounding action foul should have been called...let's assume Rondo misses both ...still 78-71...Phantom foul as Kobe dives into the pack ...at best a no call...two foul shots  78-73...Rondo 3 81-73 and two meaningless foul shots by Vujacic...78-75   Celtics win the title fair and square.
    Posted by gtown07

You see "phantoms" everywhere. They shoulda called that! They shouldna called that!

But your disease is much worse. Now you're assuming that Pierce is making shots on the fouls that weren't called. With 1:30 left on the clock you credit him with making two shots. In fact, at that time he made a bad pass, turning the ball over to the Lakers. Gasol made two points on the lay-up -- not on a phantom call or a bad call. Gasol's so-called up-and-down happened almost a minute before Pierce gave the ball away.

But I was wrong about something. Twelve free throws -- not eleven -- took place after Lakers were already up by four.

But all this is nonsense anyway. Boston wouldn't be shooting three-pointers if it could reach the basket. So if the score were tighter -- or what you have concocted in your fantasies -- neither team would have been playing out the game the same way.

Every change brings with it its own what-if. You can't freeze the game on one side and not on the other. You can't assume the Celtics would have thrived while the Lakers failed.

The way you play it out, the refs shoulda handed the game to the Celtics. That's what you mean when you say, "fair and square".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ta-Ta-Taaaiiiiinnttt!  Taint of fooo-oo-oools!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You see "phantoms" everywhere. They shoulda called that! They shouldna called that! But your disease is much worse. Now you're assuming that Pierce is making shots on the fouls that weren't called. With 1:30 left on the clock you credit him with making two shots. In fact, at that time he made a bad pass, turning the ball over to the Lakers. Gasol made two points on the lay-up -- not on a phantom call or a bad call. Gasol's so-called up-and-down happened almost a minute before Pierce gave the ball away. But I was wrong about something. Twelve free throws -- not eleven -- took place after Lakers were already up by four. But all this is nonsense anyway. Boston wouldn't be shooting three-pointers if it could reach the basket. So if the score were tighter -- or what you have concocted in your fantasies -- neither team would have been playing out the game the same way. Every change brings with it its own what-if. You can't freeze the game on one side and not on the other. You can't assume the Celtics would have thrived while the Lakers failed. The way you play it out, the refs shoulda handed the game to the Celtics. That's what you mean when you say, "fair and square".
    Posted by yoshinny

Celtics made shots in the second half of the 4th period and the Lakers made foul shots on bad calls by the refs....tainted. Yes I know had they not called the fouls the game would have played out differently but the fact of the matter is the refs sent the Lakers to the line several very bad calls and if they hadn't they would have had to make shots and the Lakers weren't doing very well in that regard because like the Celtics ...they were gassed.

Sections
Shortcuts