Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

Well if perception runs your reality than maybe you guys are right. I remember feeling the same way in 2008 when I thought that Boston got every call. In hindsight I realize that Boston was just the more dominant and physical team. I find it hypocritical that the Celtics always fancied themselves as the baddest, most physical team out there, now to hear you guys complain seems funny to me. The bully finally got punched in the mouth, and now hes running back to mom. Instead of blaming the refs, why dont you blame Ray Allen and Paul Pierce for shooting a combined 8 for 29. Why dont you blame Rondo for never developing an outside jumper, that way Kobe cant play 15 feet off him. Why dont you blame Doc for running stupid isolation plays with Pierce against Artest instead of pick-and-rolls. Why don't you blame KG for only grabbing 3 rebounds in 38 minutes of work. In other words blame your own team instead of blaming the refs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    Well if perception runs your reality than maybe you guys are right. I remember feeling the same way in 2008 when I thought that Boston got every call. In hindsight I realize that Boston was just the more dominant and physical team. I find it hypocritical that the Celtics always fancied themselves as the baddest, most physical team out there, now to hear you guys complain seems funny to me. The bully finally got punched in the mouth, and now hes running back to mom. Instead of blaming the refs, why dont you blame Ray Allen and Paul Pierce for shooting a combined 8 for 29. Why dont you blame Rondo for never developing an outside jumper, that way Kobe cant play 15 feet off him. Why dont you blame Doc for running stupid isolation plays with Pierce against Artest instead of pick-and-rolls. Why don't you blame KG for only grabbing 3 rebounds in 38 minutes of work. In other words blame your own team instead of blaming the refs.
    Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio

-

Post # 596 - revised number.

We're not blaming anyone for anything, pal.  You got it all wrong.  We'er saying that the NBA is a deeply flawed organization, even corrupt maybe, and no better illustration exists than the 2010 Finals, Game 7, where it was clear for all to see that the dominant force in the game was not the players or coaches but the refs and their officiating.  Perhaps gambling was involved, I don't know, maybe infulence came down from the league front office, who knows, but the refs determined the outcome of that game.

We're not a bunch of Pollyanna's here in Boston and we're not afraid to call 'em as we see 'em.  If it was appropriate to blame the team we'd be blaming the team. 

So keep on with the all the juvenile name calling and talking playground trash, you won't change a single person's mind with all of that, to us it is what it is, just some kid talking smack out of his bedroom.

But thanks for contributing to the longevity of the Taint thread.

Stern & Taint:  Lawyers at Large:  You want to win?  We can fixx that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Wow Rondowski called me pal, reminds me of Dane Cook and the whole pal-chief-bro comedy bit. Idk I bought the game on iTunes and I watch it all the time. I could kinda see some plays that go both ways in the 4th quarters. I even compiled a list:

11:43 - Pau fouled by Big Baby, basket and 1 (bad call, but Pau missed the FT)
    11:07 - Pau hacked by BB after off. rebound (good call, ball out of bounds & then miss by Kobe)
    10:42 - Pierce fouled by Vujacic (good call, ball out of bounds)
    10:09 - Artest was fouled on a breakaway lay-up by KG but it was not called
    9:54 - R Allen draws blocking foul on Kobe (could have gone either way but tie goes to offensive player, ball out of bounds and eventual KG miss)
    8:46 - Kobe fouled by R Allen while shooting a 3 (questionable call but one regularly made, Ray was all up on Kobe but Kobe definitely created the contact by swinging his arms to shoot a la Reggie Miller; 3 FT's made by Bryant)
    7:29 - Artest fouled by Pierce, basket and 1 (good call, Pierce was slow to rotate & fouled him with the body; FT is good
    7:13 - Ray fouled by Kobe (good call, Bryant fouled him with the body; Ray makes 1 of 2)
    6:49 - Pau fouled by an over the back Sheed (bad call, there was contact but you don't make that call in the playoffs; Pau misses both)
    6:29 - Ray fouled by Fisher while shooting a J (bad call, Allen looked like he sold the call even though there was some contact, Ray makes both FT's)
    5:56 - Kobe draws loose ball foul on Big Baby (good call, Baby hammered Kobe. Celtics are over the penalty so Kobe shoots FT's; makes both)
    5:36 - Moving pick by Big Baby against Fisher thats not called, Ray misses anyways
    4:38 - Pau fouled by KG shooting a J (questionable call, Pau faked the shot and KG ran into him. There was contact but Pau kinda leaned in to draw it, similar to what Paul Pierce routinely does; Pau makes both)
    3:21 - Kobe fouled by Pierce while dunking (good call, clean block up top but Pierce made contact with his arm; Kobe makes 1 of 2)
    2:47 - Pau fouled by KG (good call, good hard foul by KG that prevented a dunk; Pau makes both)
    2:20 - Pau draws blocking foul on Pierce (good call, slow motion showed that Pierce's feet werent set. Stupid foul anyways by Pierce, especially since it was at half court and the Celtics were in the penalty; Pau makes 1 of 2)
    2:14 - Pierce fouled by Artest (good call, Artest stupidly fouled Pierce even though he was 5 feet behind the 3-point line; Pierce makes both FT's)
    1:30 - Most controversial play of the game. Pau jumps and then lands before letting his shot off. Hard to tell at game speed but replays definitely showed that his left foot was down. Referee was 5 feet away from the play but he was looking at the ball the whole time. Tough call to make since the other refs were so far away from the action. Definitely a missed call but I don't think its as controversial as some people make it out to be.
    0:55 - Another crazy play that I don't believe the refs missed. Right after Artest's 3 pointer, Rondo picked up his dribble and dragged his pivot foot about a foot before getting the assist on Ray's corner 3. Should have been called a travel especially since he was all by himself.
    0:27 - Pau definitely looked like he pushed off of Rondo to get the rebound, but the foul on Kobe by Sheed was a good call. I find this play more controversial then Pau's up and down because it led to Sheed fouling out.

So in all that equals to 10 good calls, 3 bad calls (2 went against the Celtics but Lakers missed all three FT's they took from those calls), 3 questionable calls (2 went against the Celtics, those calls being Kobe's 3 and Pau's foul by KG that could have been a non-call) and 5 non-calls that should have been either fouls or travels (3 went against the Lakers with the Pau push-off on Rondo and his up-and-down basket going against the Celtics). I personally don't think that this is some sort of conspiracy because most of the calls made were the correct ones and the bogus ones that were made ended up not even making a difference because of missed FT's or missed shots after taking the ball out of bounds. The non-calls were what kinda startled me but more of those calls went against the Lakers. The questionable calls weren't as bad; I've seen calls like Kobe's 3-point attempt called even in the playoffs, thats one of the risks of playing up close on your man. I know most Boston fans will disagree, but I'm pretty sure those fans only saw the game once and never really went back to watch it again. If they did maybe they'll come away with a different opinion. While watching, I tried my hardest to be impartial because I didn't wanna come off as the typical Lakers fan spewing hate and ignorance. Hopefully I succeeded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Wow Rondowski called me pal, reminds me of Dane Cook and the whole pal-chief-bro comedy bit. Idk I bought the game on iTunes and I watch it all the time. I could kinda see some plays that go both ways in the 4th quarters. I even compiled a list: 11:43 - Pau fouled by Big Baby, basket and 1 (bad call, but Pau missed the FT) 11:07 - Pau hacked by BB after off. rebound (good call, ball out of bounds & then miss by Kobe) 10:42 - Pierce fouled by Vujacic (good call, ball out of bounds) 10:09 - Artest was fouled on a breakaway lay-up by KG but it was not called 9:54 - R Allen draws blocking foul on Kobe (could have gone either way but tie goes to offensive player, ball out of bounds and eventual KG miss) 8:46 - Kobe fouled by R Allen while shooting a 3 (questionable call but one regularly made, Ray was all up on Kobe but Kobe definitely created the contact by swinging his arms to shoot a la Reggie Miller; 3 FT's made by Bryant) 7:29 - Artest fouled by Pierce, basket and 1 (good call, Pierce was slow to rotate & fouled him with the body; FT is good 7:13 - Ray fouled by Kobe (good call, Bryant fouled him with the body; Ray makes 1 of 2) 6:49 - Pau fouled by an over the back Sheed (bad call, there was contact but you don't make that call in the playoffs; Pau misses both) 6:29 - Ray fouled by Fisher while shooting a J (bad call, Allen looked like he sold the call even though there was some contact, Ray makes both FT's) 5:56 - Kobe draws loose ball foul on Big Baby (good call, Baby hammered Kobe. Celtics are over the penalty so Kobe shoots FT's; makes both) 5:36 - Moving pick by Big Baby against Fisher thats not called, Ray misses anyways 4:38 - Pau fouled by KG shooting a J (questionable call, Pau faked the shot and KG ran into him. There was contact but Pau kinda leaned in to draw it, similar to what Paul Pierce routinely does; Pau makes both) 3:21 - Kobe fouled by Pierce while dunking (good call, clean block up top but Pierce made contact with his arm; Kobe makes 1 of 2) 2:47 - Pau fouled by KG (good call, good hard foul by KG that prevented a dunk; Pau makes both) 2:20 - Pau draws blocking foul on Pierce (good call, slow motion showed that Pierce's feet werent set. Stupid foul anyways by Pierce, especially since it was at half court and the Celtics were in the penalty; Pau makes 1 of 2) 2:14 - Pierce fouled by Artest (good call, Artest stupidly fouled Pierce even though he was 5 feet behind the 3-point line; Pierce makes both FT's) 1:30 - Most controversial play of the game. Pau jumps and then lands before letting his shot off. Hard to tell at game speed but replays definitely showed that his left foot was down. Referee was 5 feet away from the play but he was looking at the ball the whole time. Tough call to make since the other refs were so far away from the action. Definitely a missed call but I don't think its as controversial as some people make it out to be. 0:55 - Another crazy play that I don't believe the refs missed. Right after Artest's 3 pointer, Rondo picked up his dribble and dragged his pivot foot about a foot before getting the assist on Ray's corner 3. Should have been called a travel especially since he was all by himself. 0:27 - Pau definitely looked like he pushed off of Rondo to get the rebound, but the foul on Kobe by Sheed was a good call. I find this play more controversial then Pau's up and down because it led to Sheed fouling out. So in all that equals to 10 good calls, 3 bad calls (2 went against the Celtics but Lakers missed all three FT's they took from those calls), 3 questionable calls (2 went against the Celtics, those calls being Kobe's 3 and Pau's foul by KG that could have been a non-call) and 5 non-calls that should have been either fouls or travels (3 went against the Lakers with the Pau push-off on Rondo and his up-and-down basket going against the Celtics). I personally don't think that this is some sort of conspiracy because most of the calls made were the correct ones and the bogus ones that were made ended up not even making a difference because of missed FT's or missed shots after taking the ball out of bounds. The non-calls were what kinda startled me but more of those calls went against the Lakers. The questionable calls weren't as bad; I've seen calls like Kobe's 3-point attempt called even in the playoffs, thats one of the risks of playing up close on your man. I know most Boston fans will disagree, but I'm pretty sure those fans only saw the game once and never really went back to watch it again. If they did maybe they'll come away with a different opinion. While watching, I tried my hardest to be impartial because I didn't wanna come off as the typical Lakers fan spewing hate and ignorance. Hopefully I succeeded.

Totally biased and one sided. Even LA fans have admitted several of the plays you say were bad calls favoring the Celtics should have been called against LA. Like the half court foul on Pierce. No one has even questioned that was a not a bad call let alone said it was a good call. You missed a ton of the no calls by the way. You called the block by Pierce on Kobe a good call when even the announcers in the game were incredulous. You called the hack by Gasol a good call when it clearly was a hack and not a block. You called the foul by BB on Gasol a good call when there wasn't even any contact at all. Artest hacked Pierce underneath and they called it ball offf Pierce. Rasheed got all ball on Kobe and they called the foul on Rasheed. Pierce got all ball and you called it a good call. Gasol went over Garnetts back and later Gasol shoved Rondo to the floor and you think those were good calls.

I've watched it a dozen times. Still have the game on my DVR and you missed it. By the way the 3 foul shots on the foul by Allen on Kobe..should have been a no call but usually is called. No complaint.

If you ask non LA fans from all over the country what they think it is always the same. Worst reffed game they have ever seen. My latest inquiry was to the former Connecticut State High School Coach of the Year. A member of the Connecticut High School Basketball Hall of Fame. His response to my question about what he thought of the 4th quarter of game 7 was...."that was a joke".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Wow Rondowski called me pal, reminds me of Dane Cook and the whole pal-chief-bro comedy bit. Idk I bought the game on iTunes and I watch it all the time. I could kinda see some plays that go both ways in the 4th quarters. I even compiled a list: 11:43 - Pau fouled by Big Baby, basket and 1 (bad call, but Pau missed the FT) 11:07 - Pau hacked by BB after off. rebound (good call, ball out of bounds & then miss by Kobe) 10:42 - Pierce fouled by Vujacic (good call, ball out of bounds) 10:09 - Artest was fouled on a breakaway lay-up by KG but it was not called 9:54 - R Allen draws blocking foul on Kobe (could have gone either way but tie goes to offensive player, ball out of bounds and eventual KG miss) 8:46 - Kobe fouled by R Allen while shooting a 3 (questionable call but one regularly made, Ray was all up on Kobe but Kobe definitely created the contact by swinging his arms to shoot a la Reggie Miller; 3 FT's made by Bryant) 7:29 - Artest fouled by Pierce, basket and 1 (good call, Pierce was slow to rotate & fouled him with the body; FT is good 7:13 - Ray fouled by Kobe (good call, Bryant fouled him with the body; Ray makes 1 of 2) 6:49 - Pau fouled by an over the back Sheed (bad call, there was contact but you don't make that call in the playoffs; Pau misses both) 6:29 - Ray fouled by Fisher while shooting a J (bad call, Allen looked like he sold the call even though there was some contact, Ray makes both FT's) 5:56 - Kobe draws loose ball foul on Big Baby (good call, Baby hammered Kobe. Celtics are over the penalty so Kobe shoots FT's; makes both) 5:36 - Moving pick by Big Baby against Fisher thats not called, Ray misses anyways 4:38 - Pau fouled by KG shooting a J (questionable call, Pau faked the shot and KG ran into him. There was contact but Pau kinda leaned in to draw it, similar to what Paul Pierce routinely does; Pau makes both) 3:21 - Kobe fouled by Pierce while dunking (good call, clean block up top but Pierce made contact with his arm; Kobe makes 1 of 2) 2:47 - Pau fouled by KG (good call, good hard foul by KG that prevented a dunk; Pau makes both) 2:20 - Pau draws blocking foul on Pierce (good call, slow motion showed that Pierce's feet werent set. Stupid foul anyways by Pierce, especially since it was at half court and the Celtics were in the penalty; Pau makes 1 of 2) 2:14 - Pierce fouled by Artest (good call, Artest stupidly fouled Pierce even though he was 5 feet behind the 3-point line; Pierce makes both FT's) 1:30 - Most controversial play of the game. Pau jumps and then lands before letting his shot off. Hard to tell at game speed but replays definitely showed that his left foot was down. Referee was 5 feet away from the play but he was looking at the ball the whole time. Tough call to make since the other refs were so far away from the action. Definitely a missed call but I don't think its as controversial as some people make it out to be. 0:55 - Another crazy play that I don't believe the refs missed. Right after Artest's 3 pointer, Rondo picked up his dribble and dragged his pivot foot about a foot before getting the assist on Ray's corner 3. Should have been called a travel especially since he was all by himself. 0:27 - Pau definitely looked like he pushed off of Rondo to get the rebound, but the foul on Kobe by Sheed was a good call. I find this play more controversial then Pau's up and down because it led to Sheed fouling out. So in all that equals to 10 good calls, 3 bad calls (2 went against the Celtics but Lakers missed all three FT's they took from those calls), 3 questionable calls (2 went against the Celtics, those calls being Kobe's 3 and Pau's foul by KG that could have been a non-call) and 5 non-calls that should have been either fouls or travels (3 went against the Lakers with the Pau push-off on Rondo and his up-and-down basket going against the Celtics). I personally don't think that this is some sort of conspiracy because most of the calls made were the correct ones and the bogus ones that were made ended up not even making a difference because of missed FT's or missed shots after taking the ball out of bounds. The non-calls were what kinda startled me but more of those calls went against the Lakers. The questionable calls weren't as bad; I've seen calls like Kobe's 3-point attempt called even in the playoffs, thats one of the risks of playing up close on your man. I know most Boston fans will disagree, but I'm pretty sure those fans only saw the game once and never really went back to watch it again. If they did maybe they'll come away with a different opinion. While watching, I tried my hardest to be impartial because I didn't wanna come off as the typical Lakers fan spewing hate and ignorance. Hopefully I succeeded.

-

Hey, Pal, you did succeed.  That is one heck of an argument, and I do give you your props on that one . . . even though it's totally biased and one sided as GK pointed out. 

That being as it may it is a good way to look at the game, on a minute by minute basis.  But don't forget how calls and non-calls can be a factor affecting the players mentality and psychology and how they (calls/non-calls) play a role in energy and momentum, aspects of the game that are very difficult to quantify, but, yet, everyone of us has seen and felt the momentum of a game shift suddenly and many times we can point out a call or a few calls that caused that shift.  My point being it's not just the calls/non-calls but the energy level/momentum and mental intangibles of their effect that also play a factor.

BTW post # 599, here.  Big Booboly prize for Poster #600.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

I agree with Rondowski, a call or non-call definitely changes the momentum of the game. The more important thing, if one or two of those call goes Sheeds way then he doesn't foul out, giving the Celtics a big time 3-pt shooter in the last couple minutes. Still, Celtics had plenty of open looks and if Ray or Paul had just hit a couple more shots each then they win easy, especially with Kobe playing the way he did (like crap)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I agree with Rondowski, a call or non-call definitely changes the momentum of the game. The more important thing, if one or two of those call goes Sheeds way then he doesn't foul out, giving the Celtics a big time 3-pt shooter in the last couple minutes. Still, Celtics had plenty of open looks and if Ray or Paul had just hit a couple more shots each then they win easy, especially with Kobe playing the way he did (like crap)

------------------------------------------------------------
    Heya, Paisano o Paisani, i'm notta knowa you tree guys or wona !!! Tanka you for agree ona da momentum.

I'm copia & pasta from abova : 

"Much of sports and I've played in many different types depend upon momentum to swing things in a different direction. If what you say is true about aggressiveness & being physical, it could be that Gasol got away with 
    hacking Garnett & Pierce on a couple of pivotal plays and was not called but on some offensive plays he and other Lakers were extremely aggressive but on legitimate blocks,  fouls were called on us. So, if 
    "something ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude that Refs were turning a blind eye favoring them, it was natural that they were perhaps more spirited & we were with shoulders shrugging & despondent after call after call went against us. Heck, we probably were afraid to try & continue to block some shots and play legitimate defense not to give them an extra point foul shot."

Momentum and the reason for changes in it are often difficult to explain in sports. But it becomes like inertia where something in progress or motion continues in the same direction. The fouls on us and non calls on the lakers enabled them to be very aggressive offensively & continue to hack & not be called defensively. How many times do I recall the announcers saying" that was a foul ?, that was no foul, wow, he really got away with that one, gosh the refs should let them play-this is GAME 7 etc. etc. But what was truly egregious was with about 2 minutes left Gasol taking 2-3 steps like he was auditioning for "Dancing with he Stars" and making the basket. That was like a dagger. Why that travel call couldn't be reviewed if Refs didn't see it was beyond me.

Anyway, thanks for acknowledging that Kobe, MVP ???, played like crap. Not too many Laker fans would do so. I said this in another post that I think Gasol should have been MVP. By the way, I live in SF and was happy to see the Giants just sweep the LA Dodgers(don't know if you are a baseball fan). But I'm still a Boston fan first & was happy to see the Sox sweep the Giants when they played here in SF.

PS...if you think I started this reply being racial, I am of Italian decent with Parents & Grandparents all born in Italia.

Ciao for now !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Congratulations, Gtown07,  for your thread going over 600 posts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Congratulations, Gtown07,  for your thread going over 600 posts.
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Never had a goal in mind. I've been defending underdogs my whole professional career and this, while it is "just" sports, doesn't rise to the level of some of the daily tragedies in our world but it is important to all of us sports fans that the NBA and it's championship mean something positive. If it is to mean something to us then it should be done right and we should care whether or not it is done right.

Who knows if we accomplished anything at all but the effort has not been wasted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Never had a goal in mind. I've been defending underdogs my whole professional career and this, while it is "just" sports, doesn't rise to the level of some of the daily tragedies in our world but it is important to all of us sports fans that the NBA and it's championship mean something positive. If it is to mean something to us then it should be done right and we should care whether or not it is done right. Who knows if we accomplished anything at all but the effort has not been wasted.
    Posted by gtown07
             I agree with you 100%.  Some people take this thread to be a bunch of crying.  My point of view and some others, is that for a long time NBA officiating has not met up to reasonable standards.  There could be several possible reasons for this situation, ranging from innocent to devious.  I don't know what the motives of the NBA refs are.   All I know is that I'm tired of watching games where I don't know if I'm watching fact or fiction, or a blend of both.  When we post and don't get overly rude, we are just standing up for what we think is right, in a peaceful manner.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

I think one of the worst examples was when Dallas played the Heat in the Finals, Bennett Salvatore completely took control of that series and gave it to the Heat. We all know how Darth Stern hates Mark Cuban, no way he was gonna let him win a championship. I agree with the officiating, it has been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Everyone has been quick to dismiss Donahue like hes some kinda crack, but I also remember everyone doing the same with Canseco and hes proven to be pretty accurate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

And the big booboly prize goes to . . . . (drum roll). . . . the envelope, please . . . . and the winner is, for the 600th post on the Taint Tread / / VinniePapaGiofgio!

Ain't this the 3rd time we reached 600?  We're kinda like Da Celtics in that we not only got to beat the other team, we got to beat the officials too.

But I well remember that this thread was kept going as an answer to the outrageous behavior of the Faker trolls who tried to take over our forum on this board.  A gentleman and a scholar like VinniePapaGiorgio may not be aware of the past history of whom we lovingly call "faker trolls" on this board.  Their behavior we likened to pond scum or worse and den sum.

We don't mean to take away from the Laker team or demean their effort; they played hard and worked their fannies off to win the title and they were not part or parcel to whatever irregularities occurred with the officiating.

Too bad their title is tainted.  I would not be surprised if many other titles are tainted also because of the incompetence of this league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

It's hilarious that the Celitcs for years played the thug-of-the-league and for their aggressiveness were usually awarded far more ref calls.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, their fans whine and want to blame the league for uneven calling of games. Hypocrite much? Damn back-to-back titles feels good.  You guys need to try it one of these times...no doubt after another 20+ year rebuilding effort.
    Posted by MagnificentBastard

Not just the Celtic fans on this one. If you read this entire thread and blogs in other NBA cities you will see there is a consensus (in other than LA fans) that the refs were totally incompetent in the 4th quarter of game 7 and the result was a gift to the Lakers and a rip off for NBA fans everywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hahah, consensus?  When does a group of 5 people equal a consensus? 

Again, you're mistaking 5 people, being really noisy, for a group.  There's not even a consensus in Boston, as most Celtics fans do NOT think the game was handed to the Lakers, or that the championship is tainited. 

You make a poor argument guys.  Rather than citing examples you state these assumptions as truths, then fail to provide concrete evidence of anything other than one or two bad calls.  THEN, rather than stringing facts together to make a sound argument, you resort to what I can only call a "peer pressure" like argument.

-Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows it was fixed.
    -Everyone outside of LA agrees it was tainted.
    -It's just known that Stern throws games.

You 5 have kept the dream alive though.  It's the classic form of self brainwashing.  Just keep repeating a lie until it starts sounding like the truth. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I haven't heard anyone outside this board say the title is tainted. 

But go ahead and keep at it and your numbers will grow to 6.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Good point. Gtown07 has convinced himself that the Celtics shot the ball well in the 4th Q. They were 7 of 18, but only 4 of 13 until Sheed hit his desperation 3-pointer when the team was down by 6 with a minute and a half to play. Ray's 3-pointer was also in the desperation category since the team was still down by 6 with under a minute. And Rondo's 3-pointer came at less than 25 seconds with the team down by 5. So take away those three baskets when the game was pretty much slipping away from the Celtics, and I do not think that an objective observer would say that the they shot the ball well in the 4th Q. But, gtown07 has convinced himself that they did. Even 7 of 18 is only 39%.
    Posted by ControllerMod
             If you're going to make referance to somebody as a himself or herself, it's a good idea to click on their username or icon picture to see if something is listed on their profile.  Don't feel bad.  You aren't the first one to make this mistake.  Believe me I've put my foot in my mouth more than a few times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

nba is fake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Good point. Gtown07 has convinced himself that the Celtics shot the ball well in the 4th Q. They were 7 of 18, but only 4 of 13 until Sheed hit his desperation 3-pointer when the team was down by 6 with a minute and a half to play. Ray's 3-pointer was also in the desperation category since the team was still down by 6 with under a minute. And Rondo's 3-pointer came at less than 25 seconds with the team down by 5. So take away those three baskets when the game was pretty much slipping away from the Celtics, and I do not think that an objective observer would say that the they shot the ball well in the 4th Q. But, gtown07 has convinced himself that they did. Even 7 of 18 is only 39%.
    Posted by ControllerMod

I never said the Celtics were shooting well I just said they made some shots and the Lakers were being given foul shots. Had the Lakers not been handed trips to the foul line for make believe fouls then the game might have played out differently and "desperation" might not have been necessary. The Lakers might have even won but if the did then at least it would be by their own efforts. See by stealing the game the refs stole the legitimacy of the game from the Lakers as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

The good news is that they really didn't. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : What you said was: "The Celtics were making baskets. The very tired Lakers were given bailout foul shots after missing." The implication is that the Celtics were making more shots than the Lakers when it mattered. Check the scoring sheet for the 4th Q, and you will see that that is not true. Myself, I do not call 4 for 13 until the team is down by 6 with minute and a half to go, "making baskets." I guess to your eyes they were. They were making them at a 30% clip. One other point while I am at it. In all of the post game interviews of the players that I have heard or read--Rondo in Vegas, Perk rehabbing his knee, etc.--no player has criticized the refs. Now I know they get fined it they do, but there are ways to say the same thing without getting fined. An example would be "the refs seemed to call the game a little tighter in the fourth quarter."  This type of remark or a similar one is unlikely to draw a fine. So if the players are not saying anything about the officiating, then I am assuming they saw what I did: typical NBA officiating. Not great, not exceptional, but typical officiating. I have seen a lot worse than game 7 and some better. But, if I were on the other side of the loss, I would put more blame on Doc for putting his starters in a position where, in his own words, "they ran out of gas."
    Posted by ControllerMod

I sincerely doubt that one could give any credible weight to what a player says or doesn't say after a hard fought, emotional finals game.  The guys are drained and pretty much trained to mumble the same old party line, act like good sports, and not criticize the refs or the league. 

They may even be so focused on the game, during the game, that except for the moment it happens or a non-call doesn't happen, the player reacts momentarily then re-focuses on the game and on what he must do next.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Questionable officiating? Definitely. Tainted championship? Not so much. I pretty much already said all I can about the subject, I even made a list of all the 4th quarter calls and non-calls. There were definitely some calls that made you scratch your head (Kobe's 3-point foul by Ray Allen is not one of them, thats a foul thats usually called, even in the playoffs), but I don't feel that the refs intentionally favored the Lakers. They might have been influenced by the fans some, which always happens and is the whole point of having a home court advantage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Home team wins in the NBA about 70% of the time.  This was already discussed about a week ago.  Very few teams in the last ten years have won a Game 7 on the road, that was already discussed, too.  Vinnie thinks he is re-inventing the wheel here.  If you were in on the whole discussion, you'd know - the home team usually wins - we already know that!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Easy there hedley, your talking to Mr. 600 here lol j/k

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

24 free throws in 4th quarter?..........how many for the Celtics?....fix was in

Sections
Shortcuts