Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Totally biased and one sided. [/QUOTE]
    Don't forget this.

[QUOTE]Even LA fans have admitted several of the plays you say were bad calls favoring the Celtics should have been called against LA. Like the half court foul on Pierce. No one has even questioned that was a not a bad call let alone said it was a good call. You missed a ton of the no calls by the way. You called the block by Pierce on Kobe a good call when even the announcers in the game were incredulous. You called the hack by Gasol a good call when it clearly was a hack and not a block. You called the foul by BB on Gasol a good call when there wasn't even any contact at all. Artest hacked Pierce underneath and they called it ball offf Pierce. Rasheed got all ball on Kobe and they called the foul on Rasheed. Pierce got all ball and you called it a good call. Gasol went over Garnetts back and later Gasol shoved Rondo to the floor and you think those were good calls. [/QUOTE]
    And you think your takes on these calls are not totally one-sided and biased?

It's really funny how the Celtic fans are immune to bias...

[QUOTE] My latest inquiry was to the former Connecticut State High School Coach of the Year. A member of the Connecticut High School Basketball Hall of Fame. His response to my question about what he thought of the 4th quarter of game 7 was...."that was a joke".
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]
    And haven't you checked with the Celtic team members, say Doc, on whether they lost the game because of the refs or because the Lakers were better?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]Enough people, nationwide, non-celtic fans even, saw the game and formed the same opinion as we did for many of the same reasons and they are not afraid, embarrassed, or ashamed to say it.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Enough people, worldwide, non-laker fans even, saw the game and formed the same opinion as we did. The Lakers' championship was well deserved.

See how easy to crush your fabricated "many fans of the NBA agree with me that the Celtics were robbed" nonsense?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Enough people, worldwide, non-laker fans even, saw the game and formed the same opinion as we did. The Lakers' championship was well deserved. See how easy to crush your fabricated "many fans of the NBA agree with me that the Celtics were robbed" nonsense?
    Posted by GlasgowRangers[/QUOTE]

The more he complains the greater the rationalizaions become and the more convinced I am that he knows this is a tainted championship and will be forever remembered that way. It's too late. The refs stole one from the Lakers and their fans too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

GlasgowRangers is going to get us up to 700 posts.  Thank You.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

An article came out the other day about a referee who's bad officiating affected the outcome of the Superbowl between Pittsburgh and Seattle a few years back. Here is the link for those of you interested in reading it: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/06/nfl-referee-admits-mistakes-in-seahawks-steelers-06-super-bowl
    It was great of the guy to admit that he made mistakes. The thing about the NBA Finals is that the refs blatantly called the game tight on the Celtics while letting the Lakers basically do what they wanted. On top of that there were tons of bogus/phantom calls to benefit LA. Perhaps someday the refs who officiated the Finals will come forward and admit that they deliberately fixed the series for the Lakers...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishDrunk. Show IrishDrunk's posts

Boston fans are a bunch of whiney little girls who cannot admit when they have been defeated by a superior team, which has happened in all but once of the last 23 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why does this post continue ? Because Laker fans continue to defend their title as being legitimately won & deserved.  I, originally, posted very pis--d off & needed to vent and experience a catharsis of these despondent emotions. I'm much calmer now and accept that we must go & try to put the past behind us & look forward to next season. And I thank many Laker fans for enabling me to feel comfort in all my posts. Don't want to beat a dead horse with details but I don't recall a more important sporting event-not during league play, playoffs etc. but a deciding finals championship game with the world(basketball world at least watching) where the outcome was decided or influenced with not 1 or 2 questionable calls changing momentum of a game but many, many questionable calls. Before I continue, I wish to say that the Laker players have been awarded the Championship and none of them had any part in the referees changing the course of the action of play so they should enjoy their title albeit some, who might not admit it, might within themselves agree they were a bit lucky. Why did the refs award such a huge discrepancy in foul shots to the Lakers. Rather than suggesting a conspiracy or that they bet on the game-don't forget the Lakers did not beat the 7 1/2 point spred-I will only say they were incompetent, both the Refs & the very tired Laker foul shooters ! Again, too, if they did bet on the game maybe they would have expected a pro team with a 37-17 edge in fouls or 20 more to make more than 50% or 10 points only giving them 25 foul points to our 15 from only 17 total mind you.  I guess time ran out or they could have awarded another 10 fouls so at 50%, the 5 extra points allows the Lakers to beat the spread. This has nothing to do with it, but if Pierce had shot 6-24 or 25% & was voted MVP, I'd looked closely at another player for the choice. As a basketball fan, I'd have chosen Gasol because I feel he was more instrumental in their wins-lucky too that Perkins was out of game 7.

The difference in fouls was blantantly egregious but I reiterate, not the fault of the Laker team. In a previous Laker post it was mentioned that our victory in 2008 by 39 points in Game 6 yet, not 7, was a FLUKE !!! I've said this in a previous post, had the Lakers won Game 7 in a dominating manner as we did Game 6 in 2008 or they did in Game 6 of this series, there probably would not have been a Post "Tainted Title".  I, at least, would have consented they were the better team.  Ok, why does this post continue ? Why do so many Laker fans come on & try & defend their victory & claim it to be sweet & affirm that if we are suffering, they are more delighted. I've said this before and you only have my word for this, had we won in the same manner the Lakers won, I'd been happy but would have honestly admitted to anyone that we were lucky the Refs favored us. I would not have been seeking acknowledgement from Lakers fans that we were the best. What do they want from us---to bow on our knees with hands stretching out that the Lakers were the best(better) team? Put a gun to my head & I wouldn't admit it now. I think we would respect Laker fans if some, any, only 1, would acknowledge the Refs favored them & they are grateful and that they were lucky to win.

And many Lakers fans are correct. They won the title & this is what the record books will show. This post ad infinitum will change nothing. The Refs won't admit incompetence. Like water off a duck's back, commissioner Stern will not investigate, study films etc. and say "Ya, maybe...? " Ok, enough already with my long winded post as I wind down to my point of how this post can end. THE LAKERS FANS CONTINUE ON HERE BECAUSE AS WE DEFEND OUR BELIEFS AS TO WHY THE TITLE IS TAINTED, THEY HAVE GUILTY CONSCIENCES !!!  Let it go & leave us to our posts. Go away. Enjoy your Tinsel Town Tainted Trophy. If your consciences are clear that you guys truly deserved the victory and title, be happy, irrespective of the manner in which earned, and go on your merry way strolling Hollywood Boulevard perhaps. Continue blowing smoke up your own butts in some LA forums but maybe some LA fans as opposed to the many trolls on this forum don't want to discuss this "can of worms" title and are simply grateful to have it and are smart enough to not try and defend it.

I reiterate, any Laker who continues, has a guilty conscience !!!

ps-thanks guyfromtex in above post with link to Superbowl a few years ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

When I wrote the following:

"What the Cow and others fail to recognize is how much fun we're having here and how much fun it is to see the shoe on the other foot and to see the agony this thread causes the trolls who once tried to swamp our board with their pond scum rhetoric." 

I guess it was just too far over the GlassCows head.  You are more than welcome to help us on toward 700 and then ta ad infinitum & den sum, ifin youse so desires.

We love hearing the whining coming out of LA trolls.  It means we're really getting to them. It also means that they can't help themselves, can't stop posting on this thread even though all they get back is well deserved mockery and ridicule.

I guess that besides a Tainted Championship LA has a whole bunch of fools who are just too dense to get it.

But keep tying to convince us:  we need the laughs.  Plus, it's a long way to ad infinitum.

Stern & Taint:  Ifin ya want Tainted Milk, we ken fix ya up wit a GlassCow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Wow I'm gone for a couple days and all hell breaks loose, Royal Rumble style! I can't believe this post is still going, lets keep it going.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

[QUOTE]Once Sheed has officially retired, maybe someone here can find out about Sheed's perspective on the officiating in game 7. After all, Stern will no longer be able to fine him once he is bought out and out of the league. As I have stated before, I would prefer a players perspective to that of a fan (from the word fanatic). Scal, if he goes to Europe with no future NBA prospects, would be another possibility. Sheed did try to get into the refs locker room after the game, but the story I read is that he just wanted to say thanks and goodbye to Danny Crawford. Contributors on this thread probably think that he was going to tear into the refs for how they screwed the Celtics with bad calls.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

I don't think theres ever been an instance where Sheed has been happy with the officiating, even when its a good call. Hes one of the worse complainers in all of sports, along with Tim Duncan (who always gets that stupid wide-eyed look on his face).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Yes by all means let's ask Sheed!!!! If he confirms this is a tainted championship do we get the Laker trolls to agree?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I don't think theres ever been an instance where Sheed has been happy with the officiating, even when its a good call. Hes one of the worse complainers in all of sports, along with Tim Duncan (who always gets that stupid wide-eyed look on his face).
    Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio[/QUOTE]

But koME, now there's a guy who NEVER comlplains!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : If Sheed says that the 4th quarter was much worse than almost anything he saw in his NBA career, I'd be good with that. As I wrote, it is my understanding that he was trying to see Danny Crawford to say thanks and goodbye, not cuss him out for his work in game 7.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

First: 1/8/2010
    Last: 8/10/2010
    As was written somewhere recently...if the NBA expects the fans to treat it with seriousness and to give "sport" importance worthy of paying people millions of dollars to play it then I think it is necessary for the NBA to produce competent referrees and competently officiated games. Especially when it comes to game 7 of the Championship series. There are some fans who think bad calls are just part of the game and not worthy of discussion and to some extent they are right, but only occasionally and not when everything is "on the line". The 4th quarter of this years game 7 was a fiasco and was not competently officiated.

Given how Stern and the NBA has imposed gag orders on everyone from ball boys to chief executives who else is going to hold the NBA accountable but the fans. We can vote with our feet by not going to games and by talking about it. There is nothing else we can do.

All we are asking is to produce competent referees and competently officiated games. And to do that, besides the fans, the players, the coaches and anyone a part of the sport should be allowed to talk about it in a meaningful way without fear of getting a huge fine. Stern ...your gag order approach is leading to bad refs and bad officiating.

And to those fans who don't want to hear a discussion about this...don't read the thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Magikobe. Show Magikobe's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    [QUOTE]I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXxLgajLIY&feature=related

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

I searched around some but I have yet to find other forums or post (other than Boston ones) that claim the Lakers championship should be tainted. I found some that said that the officiating wasn't particular good but nothing to the extent that some people on here are saying. I could be wrong though, if someone finds any they should post them on here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]I searched around some but I have yet to find other forums or post (other than Boston ones) that claim the Lakers championship should be tainted. I found some that said that the officiating wasn't particular good but nothing to the extent that some people on here are saying. I could be wrong though, if someone finds any they should post them on here.
    Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio[/QUOTE]

What I did in the days following the game was go on blogs and comment pages in the following cities....Miami, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Washington, San Antonio, Denver, and of course Chicago and the discussion of the game was overwhelmingly critical of the officiating. I also read comment blogs on the NBA pages of Fox, Espn, and Sports Illustrated and there was tremendous support for the same proposition that the game was handed to the Lakers. Some of those comment blogs are still there and can be seen. Espcially the ones on ESPN. What does it prove? If you are an LA fan you would probably say nothng but to me it was consistent with what I saw and thought about the officiating in game 7.

We have to demand that the officiating stop being a third player in the game. Maybe a blown call in the fourth quarter of a game in Minnesota in January is not deserving of a complaint but certainly the 4th quarter of the championship game is deserving of our criticism. There is no rational that can justify the refs giving LA 21 foul shots to 6 for the Celtics. The non calls were worse than the bad calls they made.

I'll never forget the guy from Miami I talked to in Orlando in July who was wearing a Miami Lebron shirt. I asked him when he got it and he said the previous day. Then I said..."what did you think of the fourth quarter of the championship game?" ...he did not know I was a Boston fan. His response was.."worst officiated game he had ever seen." Just saying what most non Laker fans are thinking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]     GlasgowRangers is going to get us up to 700 posts.  Thank You.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

He's going to go back and delete them later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Well said Sir.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Where were you guys when the shoe was on the other foot?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I'm not sure how anyone can interpret this thread as "getting back" at Lakers fans. It only reflects poorly on the Celtics fans that cannot admit they had the inferior team in 2010. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure how anyone can interpret this thread as "getting back" at Lakers fans. It only reflects poorly on the Celtics fans that cannot admit they had the inferior team in 2010. 
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Then why did this "inferior" team lead for most of the game until the ref's became involved?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Then why did this "inferior" team lead for most of the game until the ref's became involved?
    Posted by HarryMangurian[/QUOTE]
    So any time a team loses a lead in the fourth it means the refs must be the culprit then? As far as I could see, the refs were "involved" the first three quarters as well. Ridiculous.

The Celtics were slow and sloppy in the fourth, and it had nothing to do with conspiracies.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : So any time a team loses a lead in the fourth it means the refs must be the culprit then? As far as I could see, the refs were "involved" the first three quarters as well. Ridiculous. The Celtics were slow and sloppy in the fourth, and it had nothing to do with conspiracies.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

The point is that "inferior" is debatable

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

This thread is a joke. Most NBA fans don't give a rat's a** about last season except some Boston fanatics. It's OVER! The Lakers won in 2010. Now on to the next season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : The point is that "inferior" is debatable
    Posted by HarryMangurian[/QUOTE]
    Best way to resolve that is to play a game. Wait - that's what happened.