Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : CD Wright was once a poet in residence at Brown University who basically stole an entire style from a young married poet, now a legend, Frank Stanford, who was her lover, breaking up his marriage, and ending in his suicide when he put a pistol shot in his heart.  Look it up.  The song, Pineola, by Lucinda Williams is about Frank Stanford's suicide. This cdwright is terribly naive to believe that one person's shooting determined the outcome of an entire game.  A missed shot by one person is not more a determinant than a missed shot by anyone else as all missed shots and made shots contribute equally to the final score. This is just another attempt at obfuscation and distraction from the real topic and the cause of the Tainted Championship, the officiating and the ineptitude and/or corruption of the NBA. On it's merits, or rather lack thereof, cd's argument is not worthy of debate. Stern & Taint:  We Even Represent Tainted Poets
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mea Culpa Ski for copying & pasting as I only have an undergraduate degree in this technique as opposed to GlassCow's multiple Doctor Degrees in this practice .

"Tainted? No. The Lakers won fair and square. I will always believe that if it weren't for Ray Allen's horrible shooting from Game 3 onwards, we'd be champs today. That slump cost them the title. Posted by cshashaty"

"I totally  agree, RA could not shoot it in the ocean, and that was
    a horrible time to be so off in shooting.
    C.D.Wright"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: From Ski... "This cdwright is terribly naive to believe that one person's shooting determined the outcome of an entire game.  A missed shot by one person is not more a determinant than a missed shot by anyone else as all missed shots and made shots contribute equally to the final score. This is just another attempt at obfuscation and distraction from the real topic and the cause of the Tainted Championship, the officiating and the ineptitude and/or corruption of the NBA."

Kobe, the MVP(title is tainted too as Gasol was more instrumental in addition to the incompetent Refs in the Laker victory) shot a whoopie 6-24 or 25% and the whole team shot a 32%---WHO WON THE GAME ???. Oops...I'D RATHER EXPRESS WHO WAS DECLARED VICTORS OF THE GAME THAN WON IT ??? so reasoning that Allen shot poorly was why we lost is not true. 

Heck, if Ray shot a little better, maybe the refs would have had the Chutzpah to have awarded more fouls to LA.  This comment is "tongue & cheek" so I need not be castigated by Laker Trolls !!!

In short, poor shooting can contribute to a team losing but it is the Lakers, not the Celtics and Ray Allen, who proved that a win can be obtained(with assistance from incompetence) despite poor shooting !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- SKI ---- RE: But I'd like to know what happened to my last post and then greenkillme's post.  Why were they deleted?  Unfair to Local 7.   I guess because of the trolls, here on the Taint, it's kinda like two steps forward, one step back but still we getting closer to 800, and then you know what . .  . it's on to ad infinitum. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I've read on some other forums and now you reminded me about "deleted posts". I thought that other than the poster, the deletion can only be done by the Globe for profanity, threats, name calling, etc. Sooooo, how were your posts deleted & by whom ? Shouldn't you be asking the Globe? PS...by the way I was in Italia...it's definitely not a place for a diet ! Ciao for now...Mando
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

-

Ciao Italia...it's definitely not a place for a diet!  You can say that again . .  and again . . . and again. 

It seems the Globe forums are kind of in a mess right now and the mods are not doing a good job moderating.  People make false reports and the mods don't investigate them fully and just delete posts, while posts that don't belong on this forum are allowed to stay when they should be on the Around the NBA forum.  There was nothing wrong with my post or with greenkillme's post.  Probably someone made a false abuse report.  The moderation on this forum and most of the others is in a shambles right now.

Oh well, it's an imperfect world as we very well know by the Tainted Championship of 2010.  Hopefully the league is listening to the criticism and will make some positive changes though I believe the corruption and incompetence is deeply ingrained by this time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

All I know is that the keltics had a 13 point lead, the momentum and the championship and they shriveled up like aluminum wrap. I have never seen a choke like that ever in the finals, and what makes them even worse losers is the whining after the fact. They resort to illegal hard defenses and they get nailed for it by the refs that results in all the freethrows and a Lakers' ring. Fact of the matter is, the kelts are going to go to the line a lot more this season as everybody is going after the TWO worst freethrowers in the league in the Gay Rondo and the Fat Shaq. I can hardly wait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

NBA should fix this weak league soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Why are posts being deleted from this thread?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]NBA should fix this weak league soon.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

-

Someone has been deleting posts on this thread in an attempt to censor the thread.  I have had 3 or 4 posts deleted lately.  If you have noticed the same thing, CF's post was deleted recently, post here or send me a private message.  We will get to the bottom of it.

It's bad enough that the Championship is Tainted, that the NBA is Tainted, but do we have to live with a Tainted BDC too.

Document your posts, document my posts, observe the deletions and let's take action.  We should not be censored.

Iillegitimate Abuse Reports should not be responded to.  Posts should not be arbitrarily deleted.

Stern & taint:  We will Represent the BDC if Paid Enough.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Someone has been deleting posts on this thread in an attempt to censor the thread.  I have had 3 or 4 posts deleted lately.  If you have noticed the same thing, CF's post was deleted recently, post here or send me a private message.  We will get to the bottom of it. It's bad enough that the Championship is Tainted, that the NBA is Tainted, but do we have to live with a Tainted BDC too. Document your posts, document my posts, observe the deletions and let's take action.  We should not be censored. I illegitimate Abuse Reports should not be responded to.  Posts should not be arbitrarily deleted. Stern & taint:  We will Represent the BDC if Paid Enough.

-

The NBA Championship is Tainted & the NBA as a sport is Tainted.

And now I believe the BDC is also Tainted.

Here is the message I sent to BDCDottie today:

Hi Dottie, someone has repeatedly deleted my posts and others for no apparent reason on the Celtics Front Burner.

I supsect that someone is making false abuse reports and the moderators are not checking them before deleting reported posts. It's been happening on the Tainted Championship thread. My last three posts have been deleted and there were no violations on any of them. Can you look into this? I will be copying and saving all my posts from now on to document these unwarranted actions. Thanks.

- - - -

And here is the previous message I left for BDCDottie, that was never responded to:

Hi Dottie, Have the moderators on the Celtics Front Burner checked out again? They seem to not respond to Abuse Reports either to move inappropriate threads to the correct forum or to Troll reports. Since your changes the board has improved but Trolls appear, and one KB24RULZ, has been reported over and over. He posts here only to provoke Celtic fans and not to contribute to Celtics on the Front Burner. After numerous reports the mods have done nothing. Do you know why?

---

I don't know where BDCDottie is or what has happened to her, but whoever has taken over her duties is doing a very poor job of it (and den sum).

Stern & Taint: We Ain't Restricted to Working In LA:  We can Work for BDC too.

-

Note:  This entire post has been copied & pasted to a Word Document in order to prove that the post has been deleted if the moderators delete it arbitrarily.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - The NBA Championship is Tainted & the NBA as a sport is Tainted. And now I believe the BDC is also Tainted. Here is the message I sent to BDCDottie today: Hi Dottie, someone has repeatedly deleted my posts and others for no apparent reason on the Celtics Front Burner. I supsect that someone is making false abuse reports and the moderators are not checking them before deleting reported posts. It's been happening on the Tainted Championship thread. My last three posts have been deleted and there were no violations on any of them. Can you look into this? I will be copying and saving all my posts from now on to document these unwarranted actions. Thanks. - - - - And here is the previous message I left for BDCDottie, that was never responded to: Hi Dottie, Have the moderators on the Celtics Front Burner checked out again? They seem to not respond to Abuse Reports either to move inappropriate threads to the correct forum or to Troll reports. Since your changes the board has improved but Trolls appear, and one KB24RULZ, has been reported over and over. He posts here only to provoke Celtic fans and not to contribute to Celtics on the Front Burner. After numerous reports the mods have done nothing. Do you know why? --- I don't know where BDCDottie is or what has happened to her, but whoever has taken over her duties is doing a very poor job of it (and den sum). Stern & Taint: We Ain't Restricted to Working In LA:  We can Work for BDC too. - Note:  This entire post has been copied & pasted to a Word Document in order to prove that the post has been deleted if the moderators delete it arbitrarily.

-

-

A few days ago I posted on this thread a post that placed a curse on the Fakers and their Tainted Championship for Generations to come. 

But the post was arbitrarily deleted, for no apparent reason.

Does that mean the curse was lifted or never delivered?  I don't think so.  I think by the deletion of my post the Mods here doubled the effect and the longevity of my curse.

And a pox be on you, too, Mods, for you are among the cursed  (if you believe in curses, that is).

Stern & Taint:  We Believe in Curses

-

Note:  This entire post has been copied & pasted to a Word Document in order to prove that the post has been deleted if the moderators arbitrarily delete it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]I have been out of the country and away from a computer for 3 weeks. Prior to leaving I had a couple of tennis match verbal dialogues back and forth comments with GlassCow. When I first posted months ago, I was hurt & extremely PISSED at what I felt was a tremendous injustice depriving us of the championship. As I continued to post I was venting, a catharsis if you will, of anger, hurt and frustration. I had, as many others did too, citing the reasons i.e.  egegious disparity in foul shots, non calls (hacking by Lakers) , legitimate blocks by us called fouls, "Dancing with the Stars" audioner Gasol taking 2-3 extra steps i.e.blatant traveling non call while making a dunk(one of the pivotal points of the game) in last few minutes, accepted that the records will show the Lakers as 2010 Champs & nothing will change this. Because I, and so many others, and not just Celtic fans, felt the officiating was horrible & the incompetence of the REFs favored the Lakers, wanted Stern, the League etc. to really study the films and admit, as some announcers did during the game saying "wow, he got away with that one, gee, that wasn't a foul etc." that this type of poor officiating will be addressed in the future. There's a great deal of poor officiating in many sports but football allows  each team an amount of challenges and tennis players some alloted question calls. We didn't have that luxury, and I repeat, there are bad calls in many sports but what really cristalizes this game is that it was GAME 7 !!! So, Mea Culpa, I will admit that initially I was whining but accept that Lakers are Champs in the record books---NOT MY RECORD BOOK---and nothing will change this so I am no longer whining.  I believe most of us on this post continue not citing the reasons we feel the title is tainted as these have been repeated over and over but to respond to Laker fans/trolls. I don't have time to find this comment but I trust Ski saying it was in GlassCow's  recent post ...   "if you are man enough, you should accept this defeat fair and square two months after the fact. So are you going to show us your manhood?" This type of comment is exactly why this post continues. To me it appears that the whining is by GlassCow, albeit the fact & records show Lakers as Champs, he has some kind of sick satisfaction in trying to get us to admit that the Lakers were the better team.  It is he who should be man enough to realize that many of us even with guns to our heads are not going to admit it.  I believe we need not feed the beast. When GlassCow and others post saying we are whiners, won't accept defeat, admit the Lakers are better etc., we should simply not copy and paste as he does & just not respond to them. When you communicate with someone irrational, it's best not to continue. Let him and others be frustrated we won't give in to admit the title is not tainted.  By ignoring him and other Laker fans/trolls, they will feel the frustration & need live with the fact that many of us feel the title is tainted. Seems that by continuing to post w/o our admission of this, they, perhaps, have some doubt ? If not, go away, leave us alone  & live with the tainted tinsel town trophy !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Frustration? you jest.

the frustration is on the side that feels that their team was robbed, that the NBA record books showed that they lost the 2010 NBA finals, not on the side that won the finals. All other things don't matter, whether you like to admit it or not.

You feel just because you don't give credit to the Lakers, that we feel the championship is not won fair and square? Go ahead, continue to feel that way. I'll enjoy it more and more as long as you are fumed over the "robbery". Whether you like the recognize it or not, the Lakers are still champs. No one need your approval to crown the NBA champs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Someone has been deleting posts on this thread in an attempt to censor the thread.  I have had 3 or 4 posts deleted lately.  If you have noticed the same thing, CF's post was deleted recently, post here or send me a private message.  We will get to the bottom of it. It's bad enough that the Championship is Tainted, that the NBA is Tainted, but do we have to live with a Tainted BDC too. Document your posts, document my posts, observe the deletions and let's take action.  We should not be censored. I illegitimate Abuse Reports should not be responded to.  Posts should not be arbitrarily deleted. Stern & taint:  We will Represent the BDC if Paid Enough.
    You are also tainted. I f I was in charge I'd delete you too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    [QUOTE]I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]

-

Sometimes it good to go back to the source of the taint, just to keep things in perspective.

Existential P. said they should fix this weak league soon and I'm just holding my breath waiting for it to happen. Maybe if a bright enough light is shone on the malfeasance of the refs and the league officials they will be forced to do something, but money speaks louder than words -- it seems that they feel they are bigger than law and above the law -- well so did Baseball and so did MLB and the players pretend that they were above it all. The NBA's time will come around, just wait long enough.  They are ruining our sport and making it closer and closer to wrestling  -- phony sport as entertainment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

its a shame that it is so messed up right now. it seems so easy to fix. beyond just removing bias the league needs to let the players play a little more and stop bailing them out. hopefully this year will be about ball and not another repeat of flopfest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The Lakers had more fouls in the 4th quarter than the Celtic's did in the final 3 games combined.

Vegas won because the Celtic's covered the spread, the league won because their most marketable ($) team and individual player won...  lots of Kobe jerseys sold in China this year.

It's a sad day when Tim Donehey turns out to be correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers had more fouls in the 4th quarter than the Celtic's did in the final 3 games combined. Vegas won because the Celtic's covered the spread, the league won because their most marketable ($) team and individual player won...  lots of Kobe jerseys sold in China this year. It's a sad day when Tim Donehey turns out to be correct.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

-

"It's a sad day when Tim Donehey turns out to be correct. "

Yes, it is sad in some respects, but it's a glorious day in other respects, because once you shine a bright light under a rock all the slimy things start running for cover and the healing light of righteousness begins to assert itself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

"The Lakers had more fouls in the 4th quarter than the Celtic's did in the final 3 games combined."

says it all there......................tainted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]The Lakers had more fouls in the 4th quarter than the Celtic's did in the final 3 games combined. Vegas won because the Celtic's covered the spread, the league won because their most marketable ($) team and individual player won...  lots of Kobe jerseys sold in China this year. It's a sad day when Tim Donehey turns out to be correct.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

-

Wit dis here, youse said a moutfull Wooz: 

"Vegas won because the Celtic's covered the spread, the league won because their most marketable ($) team and individual player won...  lots of Kobe jerseys sold in China this year."

An pps. I likes yer sweeat shirt -- kinda looks fermailier.

Stern & Taint:  We got us an office in China too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Just finished watching Game 7 replay on NBA.com. and it's still a thrilling Laker victory. Pau Gasol's great block on Pierce's drive and Artest 3 pointer. Great Laker defense forcing a last gasp 3 pointer by the worst 3 pointer shooter Rondo. This game will go down as one of the great comebacks and one of the biggest chokes of all time. BTW, this makes 2 7th game big leads that Rasheed has blown against the great Lakers. He had a 15 point 4th quarter lead with Portland in the conference finals and blew that one too. If I was a keltic fan I would still be very, very depressed. You had it in the bag, guys, but you just don't know to play great defense without all the hacking that gave the Lakers a chance at the line. I think it will take a heck of a lot to stop the Great Lakers from that 3 peat, which will give us two 3 peats in 10 years. Can't beat that. Anyways, it's been fun, see ya in 22 years. Ya all come back now. Ya hear?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

First: 7/13/2010
    Last: 8/31/2010
    Don't know what Lakers and Boston game you were watching.  I personally saw the refs let both teams play up until about 5 minutes left in the game.  Then, all calls were directed to the Lakers.  I live in LA and work across from the Staples Center and almost all of the Laker fans at my work agree with my above comment. 

I agree about the poor execution and I do agree it is over and time to move on, but 37-17, come on!!!

No matter what you say, I will have my own opinions and that opinion is that the NBA is fixed!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]stiorevo Posts: 7 First: 7/13/2010 Last: 8/31/2010 Don't know what Lakers and Boston game you were watching.  I personally saw the refs let both teams play up until about 5 minutes left in the game.  Then, all calls were directed to the Lakers.  I live in LA and work across from the Staples Center and almost all of the Laker fans at my work agree with my above comment.  I agree about the poor execution and I do agree it is over and time to move on, but 37-17, come on!!! No matter what you say, I will have my own opinions and that opinion is that the NBA is fixed!!!
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]
    This is another regurgitation of your previous posts. And as I replied to those posts, you seem to think that working across the street from Staples gives you a better perspective of the game. Sarah Palin thought the same thing about her grasp of foreign affairs because she could see Russia from her back yard.The game was a very well refereed one. Kobe going to the basket and Rasheed standing in the circle as he fouled Kobe. And on and on. This was probably the best refereed finals game I have ever seen. I have to really laud the refs in this one.They proved that you can't cheat to win, and if you foul, you will be called on it. I can't believe the kelts blew that big lead and the momentum. Thank god you kept Rasheed, just in case we meet again, I want him there if you get another big 4th quarter lead with him in the game.  Then I know everything will turn out ok because he is such bad karma and a big choker. Btw, did you see the  the 2000 conference finals replay yesterday? Los Angeles fans are really blessed to have the Lakers. We are so pampered with the Lakers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]stiorevo Posts: 7 First: 7/13/2010 Last: 8/31/2010 Don't know what Lakers and Boston game you were watching.  I personally saw the refs let both teams play up until about 5 minutes left in the game.  Then, all calls were directed to the Lakers.  I live in LA and work across from the Staples Center and almost all of the Laker fans at my work agree with my above comment.  I agree about the poor execution and I do agree it is over and time to move on, but 37-17, come on!!! No matter what you say, I will have my own opinions and that opinion is that the NBA is fixed!!!

The game you were watching is simple to explain. The Celtics stopped playing and started fouling from the time you mention. It's funny you mentioned 37-17. Did the Lakers get a 37-17 advantage in the last 5 minutes?

It's not whether you have an opinion or not. It's picking apart your flawed reasoning. Glad that you slapped yourself silly by mentioning the last  5 minutes yet using a 37-17 discrepancy...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beatles4eva. Show beatles4eva's posts

Can't go with fixed, but the Home Team wins about 70% of the time in the playoffs.  That is since the 70's, so draw your own conclusions!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CK57. Show CK57's posts

Boston Globe - September 19, 2010

"We lost fair and square."

Wyc Grousbeck

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]Boston Globe - September 19, 2010 "We lost fair and square."  Wyc Grousbeck
    Posted by CK57[/QUOT

-

Don't take that to court with you as evidence.  It means absolutely nothing. 

The NBA muzzles everyone involved with it by fines and other forms of intimidation in order to send the message that it is better to go along to get along.  It's in everyone's, who is involved, best interest (except the fans) to perpetuate the myth that the NBA is on the up & up.

Grousebeck's words mean no more than a confession forced by coercion.

Stern & Taint: We Condone Coercion. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]Boston Globe - September 19, 2010 "We lost fair and square."  Wyc Grousbeck
    Posted by CK57[/QUOTE]

As most of us have said all along....................thanks for reading the Globe, that's two Wyc quotes you've referenced..............did Wyc say anything else you want to share?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : As most of us have said all along....................thanks for reading the Globe, that's two Wyc quotes you've referenced..............did Wyc say anything else you want to share?
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

If Wyc said otherwise he'd be fined and on top of that he'd create a media storm. Smart answer as the truth would gain him nothing at this point so why not take the high road. What we don't know is what he is saying privately and what complaints he lodged with the NBA.

Sections
Shortcuts