Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

You never know what might happen in a game seven. That is why game one was such a gift to the Lakers. The series should have been over after five.

No gift of game one, and Perk is not hurt by Kome, and there is no game seven.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The lakers fairly and decisively defeated the Celtics in 7 games and were clearly the better team.

Anyone who puts up naked kid pictures.......................is a sick, sick, SICK individual!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

I agree the officiating was very biased. If it wasn't for the awful calls, the Lakers would have swept the series. First time I agree with Boston fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Yeah, BOS never gets the benefit of questionable no-calls.  I'm sure Brad Miller and Rafer Alston would agree the refs are completely impartial when it comes to the C's.  When BOS does the knocking down, it's just good, physical basketball, but when someone steps up and does the knocking, it's "ref, where's the foul?".  Y'all are just mad that someone else, especially the Lakers, beat BOS at its own game. 
    Posted by MrvAlbertsBra

First off, Im glad you finally admitted the Lakers were knocking down the Celtics.

Also, I wouldnt be angry at all if the Lakers beat the Celtics, even at their own game. Last year I wasnt angry the Magic took game 7 in Boston... they deserved it, played better.  I take exception when I feel an injustice is done.  You are just another witness to that injustice as youve just admitted the Lakers were knocking down the Celtics...

Wonder how the Lakers felt in the parade knowing 90% of America was making snide remarks about them and the corruption that got them their phony title?

and Kobe holding the trophy riding high? lol If anything, with the GAG JOB performance he had all series and especially game 7, he should have been pullinh the float like a donkey in thanks for Gasol, Artest & the refs for bailing out his choke

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Yeah, BOS never gets the benefit of questionable no-calls.  I'm sure Brad Miller and Rafer Alston would agree the refs are completely impartial when it comes to the C's.  When BOS does the knocking down, it's just good, physical basketball, but when someone steps up and does the knocking, it's "ref, where's the foul?".  Y'all are just mad that someone else, especially the Lakers, beat BOS at its own game. 
    Posted by MrvAlbertsBra

Was that a reply to me?  Can't tell because your retort has nothing to do with what I said.

YOU said "cameo appearances don't count."

I said, "tell that to Kirk Gibson."

I then went on to say you don't make the rules, you just think you do.

You responded with total garbage that did not address anything I said.  Nice job!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Hey Marv - was that for Karl,or me.

Didn't realize I was dealing with a 2 yr old, sorry.

I've already stated it 100 times.  The lakers were better and deserved to win.  No excuses from me at all.

Therefore, you can't use Bynum or Ariza as excuses from 2008.

Fail to see why you can't grasp that!!!

Oh, and I've said this before, too

PERFECT nickname for koME - a snake!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Karl, you're kinda proving his point here.  In 08 the Lakers were beaten and battered.  The Celtics played that "bruce bowen" type of questionable defense.  The refs opted to let it go on.  End result, Celtics won.  Did they deserve to?  Absolutely - they were unquestionably the better team. Then the Lakers were hit with two years of "they're soft, they should've stepped up."  A LOT of celtics fans (fierce, uncommon, wayne, hedley, etc...) gave the Lakers respect for stepping up this time.  The Lakers won.  Did they deserve to?  Yes, they were barely the better team.  barely. 
    Posted by jofc

So, whats your point?

That if others felt the Lakers werent the better team, then they are ________???

You have your opinion, others have different ones. Try to be tolerable, if thats possible. You're not always right as much as youd like to think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hedley my man, I feel your pain. 

So many excuses on both sides. 

The Bynum/Ariza thing kills me as well.  The only recent Lakers team that would've had a chance were the prime time Shaq/Kobe Lakers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : First off, Im glad you finally admitted the Lakers were knocking down the Celtics. Also, I wouldnt be angry at all if the Lakers beat the Celtics, even at their own game. Last year I wasnt angry the Magic took game 7 in Boston... they deserved it, played better.  I take exception when I feel an injustice is done.  You are just another witness to that injustice as youve just admitted the Lakers were knocking down the Celtics... Wonder how the Lakers felt in the parade knowing 90% of America was making snide remarks about them and the corruption that got them their phony title? and Kobe holding the trophy riding high? lol If anything, with the GAG JOB performance he had all series and especially game 7, he should have been pullinh the float like a donkey in thanks for Gasol, Artest & the refs for bailing out his choke
    Posted by Karllost

Oh, a response that doesn't deflect away from BOS losing with references to vigorours fact checking, or sentence structure.  Can Hedley change its screen name to "manbearpig"?  If you think the "admission" that the Lakers knocked the C's around is some vindication, then hey, whatever makes you feel good about your team losing.  BOS prides itself on being tougher and taking the match to the other team, but their fans sure don't like it when it goes the other way.

For the series, BOS had 18 more fouls than the Lakers...that's what happens when you're stars are old and tired and have to hack.  Kobe and Pau, being part of the Olympics, have played a lot more games their BOS counterparts but had more energy.  The mamba will just continue to roll, broken finger and all.  Did Ray and PP have broken fingers on their shooting hands?  Oh, I guess they just choked.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Karl, you're kinda proving his point here. 

In 08 the Lakers were beaten and battered.  The Celtics played that "bruce bowen" type of questionable defense.  The refs opted to let it go on.  End result, Celtics won.  Did they deserve to?  Absolutely - they were unquestionably the better team.

Then the Lakers were hit with two years of "they're soft, they should've stepped up."  A LOT of celtics fans (fierce, uncommon, wayne, hedley, etc...) gave the Lakers respect for stepping up this time.  The Lakers won.  Did they deserve to?  Yes, they were barely the better team.  barely. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : So, whats your point? That if others felt the Lakers werent the better team, then they are ________??? You have your opinion, others have different ones. Try to be tolerable, if thats possible. You're not always right as much as youd like to think so.
    Posted by Karllost

Sorry mate, your cheap shots are hilarious.  I'm sure they're not intended to be, but they are. 

Try to be tolerable?  You're just spewing stuff out in a most nonsensical manner.  Yes, here I am...so intolerant of others.

Try not to be such a racist.  (see how that works).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I am so done with you.  You are not worth my time or anyone else's time.  If you are so concerned that the pictures I place on this board are "perverted", I encourage you to do the right thing.  Get my address from the BDC and come after me.  Stop making these hyper-moralistic comments and come after me.  If you think I'm a pervert and that I am exploiting children, do the right thing.  Of course you won't, because you just like to make noise.  You are just another whiner and cryer, like most people that post here.
    Posted by MartiniLover666

You will never  be done with me.  You can't help yourself.  You're my puppet.  I wouldn't waste my time "going after you", is that some sort of dare or THREAT.  You are a dangerous stalker who cannot leave me alone.  It's been 1 1/2 yrs now that I've asked you to let me post in peace.  You are incapable of it.

And just for the record, TWO other people made the same comments I made, yet your remark is only directed at me.

So, if you are "done with me"  ( and I pray to GOD you are) , then you will not respond to any of my comments?  Just like I've been asking for for a year and a half.

GREAT!!!  I declare victory over martini.

We can all see how long it lasts!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

This year, the team that won must feel cheated as much as the team that "lost".

Yeah, they will celebrate, but they know, deep down, that the series was taken out of their hands.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Tell that to Kirk Gibson!!! I love how lakers fans get to make the rules on everything. "Cameo appearances don't count" "NBA titles won in the stone age don't count." "All Celtics fans do is whine about losing....BUT if WE had Bynum and Ariza in 2008 we would have won then,too." Oh yeah, very rational people, these!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Just ask your self what kind of person(s) would populate a website from a rival city to razz, opine, judge, assert, etc. in the first place. And, after winning, stick around to continue to do more of the same. Fans come in all shapes and sizes and mentalities, these are just a few random strangers on the Internet...emphasis on strange (nyah, nyah, I can troll, too).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

666, nice handle
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

I jus wanna say congratululations to T.U. on beann post & poster numba 250 on dis tread.

Les keep it going, go fer 300.

It tain't tainted enuff yet imho.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Just another:
    Posted by MartiniLover666

"I am so done with you."

HA HA HA HA HA

martini,
    did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, BDC doesn't like these pictures?  Every one has been deleted - why don't you try a new strategy?  You are not done with me, you can't be.  You are my puppet!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

666, nice handle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers were heavy favorites, how did the Celtics choke?

I'll match basketball - BASKETBALL - not lakers, knowledge with you any day - that includes history, rules, records, strategies.............anything you want.

If I'm not worth your time, WHY do you keep responding to me?  I have you on a little string.  Just the right tug here or there, and you will respond forthwith. 

Spit in my eye?  Your aim isn't that good, and I'm too fast (and tall ) for you!!

So glad you're done with me - AGAIN!!

Stop getting my hopes up

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Did someone actually post that the game was well reffed because Van Gundy and Jackson didn't comment on it??? Don't you realize that the league has rules for the annoucers too. If they were highly critical of refs they'd be done as announcers. In addition neither one of those guys has proven to be a very good critic of what they are seeing on the floor. Van Gundy gets one theme in his head and sticks with it over and over through the whole game. Jackson is such a Kobe lover you'd think they are related.
    Posted by gtown07

No, actually I included Scalabrini as well.  He didn't have any problem with the officiating . . . . I didn't realize the conspiracy included Van Gundy, Jackson, and Scalabrini, but thanks for clarifying. 

Now it makes total sense:  Anyone who does not bring up the conspiracy or does not have a problem with the officiating is part OF the conspiracy.  Why didn't I think of that earlier.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

This year, the team that won must feel cheated as much as the team that "lost". Yeah, they will celebrate, but they know, deep down, that the series was taken out of their hands.
    Posted by TeamUmbutu

You aren't alone. I've been reading blogs in Phillie, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland Miami and without exception the consensus is that the Celtics were robbed in a way that also robbed the Lakers of any satisfaction in this win. I am waiting for the true basketball fan who is also a laker fan to step up and admit what happened. This championship is tainted and there is nothing the lakers or their fans can do about it. 24 foul shots in the fourth robbed the Celtics robbed the Lakers and robbed the fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : "Why didn't I think. . . " Those are the key words here, Caspor.  You didn't tink!  We don't have to use da werd "conspiracy" cuz dat werds only used by fulks who wanna use conspiracy as a slur or as a connattation fer crazies wehn in fact da NBA is too smart to engage inda C werd, dey don't have to conspire ta fix games, dere is no conspiracy so get dat wered outta yer head. But da facts remain da same, refs throw games.  Explain dat away, but don't use da werd conspiracy like it pains us all crazy cuz it ain't about no conspiracy, u cna have fixin wit out a conspiracy. Da Game 7 wuz fixed and its obvious to anybody who saw it.  Did U see it er youse jus talkin out yer potty mouth?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Yeah I watched the game.  What I saw was Ray Allen terrible in the 4th, Celtics giving up tons of offensive rebounds in the 4th and providing the Lakers with second shot opportunities, and a whole lot of Celtics shooting jump shots.

Newsflash buddy:  When you get pounded on the board it dramatically increases the other teams opportuniites for a foul call.  Instead of ONE opportunity, they now have 2 or 3 opportunities to get fouled on the same possession.

Do you have any proof of this supposed conspiracty, i.e., a link of some kind or some insider info, or are you just repeating the same BS that everyone else has, i.e the FACT that the Lakers outshot the Celts from the free throw line in the 4th.

If so, I can name any random number of other facts and claim that as the reason that the NBA fixed the series in favor of the Celtics, but the Lakers just overcame the odds.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : No, actually I included Scalabrini as well.  He didn't have any problem with the officiating . . . . I didn't realize the conspiracy included Van Gundy, Jackson, and Scalabrini, but thanks for clarifying.  Now it makes total sense:  Anyone who does not bring up the conspiracy or does not have a problem with the officiating is part OF the conspiracy.  Why didn't I think of that earlier.
    Posted by Casportsfan

"Why didn't I think. . . "

Those are the key words here, Caspor.  You didn't tink!  We don't have to use da werd "conspiracy" cuz dat werds only used by fulks who wanna use conspiracy as a slur or as a connattation fer crazies wehn in fact da NBA is too smart to engage inda C werd, dey don't have to conspire ta fix games, dere is no conspiracy so get dat wered outta yer head.

But da facts remain da same, refs throw games.  Explain dat away, but don't use da werd conspiracy like it pains us all crazy cuz it ain't about no conspiracy, u cna have fixin wit out a conspiracy.

Da Game 7 wuz fixed and its obvious to anybody who saw it.  Did U see it er youse jus talkin out yer potty mouth?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

One thing that needs to be said here as well, just to help some of you out in life:

Repeating the words "the lakers shot 21 free throws and the Celtics shot 6 in the 4th quarter" is a FACTUAL statement.  Nothing more.  You're not really proving a whole lot of anything by continually stating that fact.  You're also not providing any cohesion or substance to your argument at all by simply stating that fact.

What some of you are posting is equivalent to me stating that, "A man was injured and wound up a paraplegic", and then turning around and using that same stated fact as the proof that the man was assaulted.  When questioned on why I believe an assault occured, I repeat "because a man was involved in an accident and wound up a paraplegic".

Same thing here.  You haven't proved anything.  You haven't done anything other than accomplish the glorius feat of repeating the same fact over, and over, and over again. 

Did it ever occur to any of you that maybe, just maybe, there were actually legitimate reasons that the Lakers out shot the Celtics?  Will any of you even admit that at least some of the fouls were caused by the Lakers being aggressive and everyone on the Celtic team settling for jump shots?

Going back to the whole crazy "reasons" theory I have, a lot of you remind me of the guy at work that complains, "I work just as hard as him, but he makes twice as much money" (similar to the 'lakers shot 21 FT's and C's only shot 6' statment), but fails to realize that the other guy has more experience, more education, i.e., there are REASONS he makes more money.  Instead of acknowledging that or breaking apart the reasons to determine how he can make more money, he just repeats the same tired fact "I work just as hard as him and he makes more".

Maybe some of you should take that approach.  Analyze WHY the Lakers shot more free throws.  Maybe C's need homecourt next year for a game 7.  Maybe they need more penetraters and should trade for one.  Maybe they are too old and got tired and that's the reason they started settling for outside J's, so maybe they need to let some of those guys go and get younger.  Instead, you repeat the same tired B.S over, and over, and over again, "Lakers shot 21 FT's in the 4th and C's shot 6".

I mean seriously, are we this stoopid as a country?  I really hope not, because this is embarrassing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

By the way, your analysis, excuse me "excuse" why Jackson and Van Gundy are not good critics of the refs is nothing short of pathetic . . . . They can't judge a call, but YOU can????  What is your pedigree here? Oh, and the NBA can now even silence the MEDIA? LOLOLOLOLOL.  C'mon, get real. This isn't 1939 and the NBA isn't Germany.  We're all in big trouble when the day comes that David Stern and the NBA has complete control over the media.

You need help man, seriously.  It's just a game and the C's lost.  I'm already over the thrill of the victory . . . . it's no to next year now.  Let it go bro. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : right, you have a life.......posting here at 1 in the morning.....LOL
    Posted by Benamn

Oops...hedley lives in CA.  You and I are the ones posting at 1AM. 

I'm an insomniac.  But hedley's here at 10pm, which is pretty normal time for this kinda stuff if you ask me. 

Sections
Shortcuts