Re: Tainted Championship
posted at 7/22/2010 6:24 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Tainted Championship
In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : That's funny. If people in this forum "we" don't qualify, then what qualifications do the people in LA have? You obviously like to contradict yourself. Besides, ESPN's expert picks was 40% Celtics, 60% Lakers. It doesn't qualify as "heavy favorites" in anyone's books. http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/matchup/_/teams/celtics-lakers
And since you are proud that of what the Celtics had accomplished this season, would you be as proud had the Celtics lost in the first round to the Heat? why or why not?
Posted by GlasgowRangers
Clearly butting into other people's conversations seems to be your MO. Also, you have a unique problem of not reading the original post. So, I will try to explain this to you as simply as I can:
1. The late (TTM) martini said, "The Celtics choked."
2. My response to HIM was, "how could the Celtics choke when the lakers were heavy favorites?"
3. You then joined the conversation stating all you heard on this board was how easily the Celtics would win.
4. I responded that all I've heard living in LA, is how easily the lakers were going to win, cancels each other out since neither fan base qualifies as experts. And , just for the record, I meant going into the playoffs, not when the Finals started, that was a nice try, though, and I think most intelligent people could have figured that one out. WHEN the playoffs started, the lakers were heavy favorites.
5. To prove your.........point (?) (which is what exactly?) you copied a very nice article where 6 of 10 ESPN analysts picked the lakers to win. You neglected, of course, all the talking heads on TV who ALL picked the lakers (except Jon Barry).
6. Your article backfired, as it proved MY point, the lakers were favored, so how did the Celtics choke? You'll have to answer that one for martini, since his kiddie pics got him banned......:)
7. NO, of course I would not be saying the same thing if we lost to the Heat, another stupid comment. We were given NO chance all year, then beat the team with the best record, second best record and lost in 7 great games to the team with the third best record. I am proud of that, I do wish we won, though, to finally shut you people up...........................
have a nice day, and TRY not to butt into other's conversations. Thanks