Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

This thread needs to be moved to Celtics-Around the NBA and allowed to die a very slow and painful death.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    Well, you butt into the conversation that I had with others bragging about 17-3 and 9-2, and now you are crying mama when I butt into your conversation? Tell you what, using your own medicine: "And while the comment you keep referring to is someone's opinion, yours is just plain stupid. " So what if that's your conversation with martini. You make stupid comments in a public forum, someone will chip in. You can do it in private with Martini if you don't want stupidity to be exposed. Now, what talking heads on TV? I saw as many TV talking heads picking the Celtics to counter your bluffing. And if the ESPN experts are only 60-40 favoring the Lakers, how are the Lakers "heavy" favorite (your own words)? I mean, out of 10 experts, that's the closest to an even forecast that the group was picking a favorite. And you claim that a 60-40 split == heavy favorites? And Martini is not wrong, since he made his posts in the Celtics forum, to many people picking the Celtics as a cinch to win. In other words, the Celtics "CHOKE" in the context of the Celtic faithfuls.
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

Up 3 games to 2 with 2 chances to close it out and you fail is a choke job. Up 13 points in the 7th game of the finals and you surrender the lead and lose the series is a choke job. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

Well, you butt into the conversation that I had with others bragging about 17-3 and 9-2, and now you are crying mama when I butt into your conversation?

Tell you what, using your own medicine:

"And while the comment you keep referring to is someone's opinion, yours is just plain stupid. "

So what if that's your conversation with martini. You make stupid comments in a public forum, someone will chip in. You can do it in private with Martini if you don't want stupidity to be exposed.

Now, what talking heads on TV? I saw as many TV talking heads picking the Celtics to counter your bluffing. And if the ESPN experts are only 60-40 favoring the Lakers, how are the Lakers "heavy" favorite (your own words)? I mean, out of 10 experts, that's the closest to an even forecast that the group was picking a favorite. And you claim that a 60-40 split == heavy favorites?

And Martini is not wrong, since he made his posts in the Celtics forum, to many people picking the Celtics as a cinch to win. In other words, the Celtics "CHOKE" in the context of the Celtic faithfuls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Well, you butt into the conversation that I had with others bragging about 17-3 and 9-2, and now you are crying mama when I butt into your conversation? Tell you what, using your own medicine: "And while the comment you keep referring to is someone's opinion, yours is just plain stupid. " So what if that's your conversation with martini. You make stupid comments in a public forum, someone will chip in. You can do it in private with Martini if you don't want stupidity to be exposed. Now, what talking heads on TV? I saw as many TV talking heads picking the Celtics to counter your bluffing. And if the ESPN experts are only 60-40 favoring the Lakers, how are the Lakers "heavy" favorite (your own words)? I mean, out of 10 experts, that's the closest to an even forecast that the group was picking a favorite. And you claim that a 60-40 split == heavy favorites? And Martini is not wrong, since he made his posts in the Celtics forum, to many people picking the Celtics as a cinch to win. In other words, the Celtics "CHOKE" in the context of the Celtic faithfuls.
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

Can't choke if you're not the favorite.  Cleveland choked, Orlando choked and IF the lakers lost, they would have choked.  AGAIN, I am referring to before the playoffs started, NOT in the Finals.  NO ONE gave us a chance to make the Finals.  That cannot possibly be a choke job, and double-teaming me will not work!!
    And again, don't attribute comments to me I didn't make - I never bragged about 17-3 or 9-2 - wasn't me - get over it!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Up 3 games to 2 with 2 chances to close it out and you fail is a choke job. Up 13 points in the 7th game of the finals and you surrender the lead and lose the series is a choke job. 
    Posted by Bobbarcker

you are a  little out of touch...it is not a choke job when the game is stolen from you. It is not a real championship when it is given to you and not earned which is what happened here. The Lakers were stinking it up our there and they didn't earn the title the refs gave it to them.

Forvever to be know by everyone except the LA fans as the tainted title.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Hedley the puppeteer strikes again
    Posted by hedleylamarr

More like Hedley the spaz.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : you are a  little out of touch...it is not a choke job when the game is stolen from you. It is not a real championship when it is given to you and not earned which is what happened here. The Lakers were stinking it up our there and they didn't earn the title the refs gave it to them. Forvever to be know by everyone except the LA fans as the tainted title.
    Posted by gtown07

Oh, the shame! The shame!!

I can't live with myself after watching my team win a trophy soiled by venality and corruption.

Say, gtown07 . . . mebbe you can spare some dough for a needy Laker fan. Hedley's too greedy and unsympathetic.

I promise you: I'll only use the money to get myself spanked at the Institute of Oral Love -- surefire punishment for a fan whose team has a tainted championship.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Again -"here's what he sent ME!" That is what you wrote - here is what he sent ME!! No reading errors there, I'm afraid. 100 to 1 in a lifetime, or per year?  I really think you would have to go some to out earn me 100 to 1 per year. And I have a degree in Economics, so go ahead and teach away, man, I love the currency markets.  It would make for a nice part-time job!!!  :)
    Posted by hedleylamarr

A degree in Economics!!

Gee, Hedley. Can you lemme have a few bucks. I'm broke. I need the dough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

What happened to rich guy's posts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Let's assume that David Stern planned for the Lakers to win the title and put the call in to the refs to "get busy" in the 4th quarter of game 7. If this were true, then the whole NBA is corrupt and this is "Wrestlemania writ large."

Stern staging NBA games and determining titles would then compel us to conclude that he must love L.A. more than Boston because he's "gift-wrapped" 5 titles  throughout the 2000s in 7 tries. What about the other 28 teams in the NBA? Don't you think that these teams would be raising a stink to high heaven, especially those that have never even "whiffed" a title?

According to you conspiracy buffs here at Whining Central, L.A. must be the most loved city by Stern in the 2000s, followed by San Antonio--Next comes Boston, Miami, & Detroit. What does San Antonio have to offer that the other major cities do not for Stern & Co.?

Now if I'm a wealthy investor, wanting to buy into the NBA, why should I spend my millions knowing that it's fixed, that Stern decides who will win each year and that L.A. has the inside track? Why?

I mean why such love for L.A.? Why not New York, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Portland, Dallas? If Stern hated Boston so much, why would he have allowed them 1 title? Why allow Boston even that iddy biddy 1 title in 2008?

Because it's not fixed. Yes the refs make mistakes, miss calls, give home court teams advantages. Why? Because they're HUMAN and human beings make mistakes. It's not a PERFECT GAME with PERFECT DECISION-MAKING and NEVER WILL BE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

Let's assume that David Stern planned for the Lakers to win the title and put the call in to the refs to "get busy" in the 4th quarter of game 7. If this were true, then the whole NBA is corrupt and this is "Wrestlemania writ large." Stern staging NBA games and determining titles would then compel us to conclude that he must love L.A. more than Boston because he's "gift-wrapped" 5 titles  throughout the 2000s in 7 tries. What about the other 28 teams in the NBA? Don't you think that these teams would be raising a stink to high heaven, especially those that have never even "whiffed" a title? According to you conspiracy buffs here at Whining Central, L.A. must be the most loved city by Stern in the 2000s, followed by San Antonio--Next comes Boston, Miami, & Detroit. What does San Antonio have to offer that the other major cities do not for Stern & Co.? Now if I'm a wealthy investor, wanting to buy into the NBA, why should I spend my millions knowing that it's fixed, that Stern decides who will win each year and that L.A. has the inside track? Why? I mean why such love for L.A.? Why not New York, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Portland, Dallas? If Stern hated Boston so much, why would he have allowed them 1 title? Why allow Boston even that iddy biddy 1 title in 2008? Because it's not fixed. Yes the refs make mistakes, miss calls, give home court teams advantages. Why? Because they're HUMAN and human beings make mistakes. It's not a PERFECT GAME with PERFECT DECISION-MAKING and NEVER WILL BE.
    Posted by rsalas67m

Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers. Let's face it no matter how you look at it the Lakers were stinking it up out there and the Celtics were in control of the game and then like magic the foul calls all  and I mean ALL started to go the Lakers way. 21 foul shots in the quarter? If the refs call it even the Celtics would have had a minimum of 12 more foul shots themselves. If you give the C's 12 more foul shots then who wins the game? Nope the refs stole one from Boston. And they stole one from the LA fans who are going to have to live with the knowledge that the only way LA wins is through a rip off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Oh, the shame! The shame!! I can't live with myself after watching my team win a trophy soiled by venality and corruption. Say, gtown07 . . . mebbe you can spare some dough for a needy Laker fan. Hedley's too greedy and unsympathetic. I promise you: I'll only use the money to get myself spanked at the Institute of Oral Love -- surefire punishment for a fan whose team has a tainted championship.
    Posted by yoshinny

Very funny. Thanks for admitting the truth. Yup this is the tainted championship and fans everywhere are going to use that to describe it. Too bad the Lakers couldn't win it on their own. You being here on this  board proves you know that is true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fritz1010. Show Fritz1010's posts

David Stern and his hooligans refs gave that game 7 in a silver platter to the Lakers. Most of the officiating favors the lakers in the finals. I hope David Stern will resign so that this league will be bias to all the teams in the league when it comes to the officiating in the playoff. I wonder how much did they paid him in that championship.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We need to let this thread die.  They won - the HOME team usually does in the NBA - go look it up.  No conspiracy, that's just the way it's been since the 70's.  Stern will not resign, and although he hated Red, he has nothing against the current Celtics.  He was once asked his ideal Finals and he said, "lakers vs lakers."  It's all about money, but it was not rigged.  The HOME team gets the calls in this league.  If we had the better record, we'd be responding to lakers trolls on a thread with the same title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

lindajw
    Report Abuse
    • 6/21/2010 9:14:00 PM
    I hate both the Lakers and Celtics but why don't you and the rest of the meda fes up and admit the LA won because of the REF's and all the free throws LA got to shoot after missed shots. These are both Pro teams and I have never saw sure a difference in free throws. Who got paid off?"

this is a typical post on the sites still discussing the game. This isn't just a boston fan phenomena. This is the consensus nationwide it appears.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re:  If you give the C's 12 more foul shots then who wins the game? Nope the refs stole one from Boston.
    Posted by gtown07

Lets see.... hmmmmmmm....  if you give the C's 12 more FTs, do they win the game?

Actually not. They still lose by one if you give them to our all star PG who shot a woeful 25% from the charity stripe and lost his aggressiveness all series long (can't imagine why) when it really counted.

How is your bedwetting doing, gtown?

Found any remedies yet?

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : If you want this thread to die then why are you posting on it. I have never posted anything about a conspiracy or that the game was "rigged" and that is not what this thread was about. And you are wrong about this the home team getting the calls so somehow that is ok. It isn't ok and just because we can't do anything about it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it or complain about it. This is the information age and maybe just maybe if we continue to talk about it then it won't happen again.  
    Posted by gtown07

Do you have information or a website to "prove" that I'm wrong?  And I never said it was okay, I said that's the way it is, and has been since before the little rat became commish!  The home team wins in the NBA more than any other league.  Always has, always will.  And seriously, over 300 posts on this topic really lowers some of our credibility to that of lakers fans.

I live in LA, and TWO years later they still say 2008 was tainted because Bynum didn't play.  Please, we are better than that, they won and it's pointless posting about it because we can't change it.  It's just sour grapes, and I, for one, am sick of it - on TWO coasts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

We need to let this thread die.  They won - the HOME team usually does in the NBA - go look it up.  No conspiracy, that's just the way it's been since the 70's.  Stern will not resign, and although he hated Red, he has nothing against the current Celtics.  He was once asked his ideal Finals and he said, "lakers vs lakers."  It's all about money, but it was not rigged.  The HOME team gets the calls in this league.  If we had the better record, we'd be responding to lakers trolls on a thread with the same title.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

If you want this thread to die then why are you posting on it. I have never posted anything about a conspiracy or that the game was "rigged" and that is not what this thread was about. And you are wrong about this the home team getting the calls so somehow that is ok. It isn't ok and just because we can't do anything about it doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about it or complain about it. This is the information age and maybe just maybe if we continue to talk about it then it won't happen again.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"Forever to be know by everyone except the LA fans as the tainted title. "

RIGGED

fakis fans still here blaming Celts fans for their revenge ring

fakirs disgraced the game with their cheating refs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers. Let's face it no matter how you look at it the Lakers were stinking it up out there and the Celtics were in control of the game and then like magic the foul calls all  and I mean ALL started to go the Lakers way. 21 foul shots in the quarter? If the refs call it even the Celtics would have had a minimum of 12 more foul shots themselves. If you give the C's 12 more foul shots then who wins the game? Nope the refs stole one from Boston. And they stole one from the LA fans who are going to have to live with the knowledge that the only way LA wins is through a rip off.
    Posted by gtown07

--------------------------------

Heck, we didn't need 12 more foul shots. Lakers had 37-17. They got 25 pts or 68%. We shot 15-17 or 88%. But the extra 10 pts the Lakers got were from 20 foul shots or 50%. Pretty pathetic for a pro-team which also shot 32 % from the field while we shot 40%.

So, with only 7-8 more foul shots for us at 88% we'd have 5 more points to win the game & that's not taking the foul shots away from the Lakers.

I collected the most unhappy $100.00 in my life as I bet Boston & got 7 1/2 pts. Game 6 they thrash us, we got Perkins out & I thought the spread would be 9-10 pts. Even the Refs couldn't help the Lakers beat the spread.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

The Lakers tainted title in 2010 . .

LA's tainted title of 2010. . .

Yes, I believe it has entered the venacular, that every mention of the Lakers 2010 title will be preceded by the word "tainted". And justifiably so.

The Laker's tainted title . . . got a ring too it, yesssir!

Hey, are wese goin fer 400 on dis tread?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

Objectively, the Pau-Pierce collision at half-court that was called a foul on Pierce should have been a no-call, as both players were moving.  Aside from that, what you saw was a bunch of tired, old veterans that had to hack.  Actually, hacking was not a bad strategy by the C's, as the Lakers only made 9 of the first 16 FTs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

You guys are trolls.  You really are.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07

OMG     GROW UP AND STOP THE CRYING

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I like it, "The Tainted Title of 10". 

It will be forever known as the warcry amongst whining, crying children, who feel cheated after they soil themselves. 

Sections
Shortcuts