Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

All you little kids will be crying for many years to come as the BIG 3 ERA IS OVER. DA HAS GOT TO GET CREATIVEANMD MAKE SOME SERIOUS MOVES OR ITS GOING TO BE A LONG TIME BETWEEN PLAYOFFS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 702LakerFan. Show 702LakerFan's posts

I cant believe this thread is still going. I dont think there is any responses that havent been repeated atleast 10 times in this thread.

Lakers have dominated the last 10 years. 7 finals 5 rings. Dont be haters. Im sure there are plenty of forums accross the country hating on LA but what else is new? Just like the Yankees, we have an owner and an organization who is commited to winning. Boston had an amazing year. Feel proud. Dont cry and hate on the Lakers with all of this garbage of conspiracies and what if's.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    I cant believe this thread is still going. I dont think there is any responses that havent been repeated atleast 10 times in this thread. Lakers have dominated the last 10 years. 7 finals 5 rings. Dont be haters. Im sure there are plenty of forums accross the country hating on LA but what else is new? Just like the Yankees, we have an owner and an organization who is commited to winning. Boston had an amazing year. Feel proud. Dont cry and hate on the Lakers with all of this garbage of conspiracies and what if's.....
    Posted by 702LakerFan

How is it "hating on" the Lakers to give a truthful analysis of the bad reffing in the 4th quarter of game 7. The refs dis a poor job and as a result the Lakers got 21 foul shots and the Celtics didn't get about 10 to 12 foul shots they should have gotten had it been called fairly or evenly. This is not about excuses it is about honesty and I have seen very little from you Laker fans who still believe you won it instead of being the recipient of the bad reffing. No crying here. Just good honest analysis. You and your ilk are doing the crying as you respond to what is being posted. I think your responses are crying because you know it is true. The lakers didn't win it they were given it. And it is tainted as a result.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You live in  L.A.? Cheez! That's a blow. I had all kindsa nasty invective ready to go on the belief that you lived in Beantown. Now I gotta split my focus.
    Posted by yoshinny

I'm shaking in my boots!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The Lakers tainted title in 2010 . . LA's tainted title of 2010. . . Yes, I believe it has entered the venacular, that every mention of the Lakers 2010 title will be preceded by the word "tainted". And justifiably so. The Laker's tainted title . . . got a ring too it, yesssir! Hey, are wese goin fer 400 on dis tread?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Rondowski's opinions were respected once upon a time, weren't they?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Ifin youse Faker fans wuz celabratin ya wuldnt B on dis site tryin ta git da taint offin yerselves. . . out damn taint, out!!  Shakespearowski said dat, an homey don't play.

Ya smell o taint an ya no taint taint proper.  Jusin likes it ain't so proper to neva admit dat yer title is so obviousely tainted dat a dead man culd smell da taint all over it.  It's all just Stern & Taint out in La La land, like two crooked up lawyers trying to pick up trannies offa da strip, da smell o taint lingers in da mornin.

Tain't spoiled, is tainted, as in its about as legit as da Title HOlder of da WWA er what efer restling organzatitions is about to say it ain't fixed.

Ya got a gripe, go to Stern & Taint, sue da bahstards fer pretending ta be a legit basketball league and sue da Fakers fer not returning dat tainted title, sayin wese class acts we dont want no tainted title. But know, know class, just taint.

Stern & Taint:  Attorneys at Large -- Specializing in the Big Fix.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers. Let's face it no matter how you look at it the Lakers were stinking it up out there and the Celtics were in control of the game and then like magic the foul calls all  and I mean ALL started to go the Lakers way. 21 foul shots in the quarter? If the refs call it even the Celtics would have had a minimum of 12 more foul shots themselves. If you give the C's 12 more foul shots then who wins the game? Nope the refs stole one from Boston. And they stole one from the LA fans who are going to have to live with the knowledge that the only way LA wins is through a rip off.
    Posted by gtown07

"...Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers..."

Maybe so...stranger things have happened, I guess... 

But, this is what I believe is at heart of all this conspiracy talk...

1.  Doc ain't coming back,
    2.  Sheed ain't coming back, and
    3.  Pierce and/or Ray Allen ain't coming back, either.
    4.  Thibodeau is going to turn the Bulls into a defensive monster with younger legs (god forbid he doesn't get his hands on Bron and Bosh)

That's ballgame, boys!  The chances of the Celtics getting back to the finals next year are nil.  Zip.  Finito. 

Ainge is forced to rebuild.  His hands are tied.  That's why all you knuckleheads are playing Jr. GM, now. 

2010 was your swan song before the dismantling of the Big 3.  They blew it.  They ran out of gas before they could finish the job.  They gave it everything they had but as Pat Riley says, "No rebounds, no rings." 

Come June 2011, while you guys will still be crying about how the Celtics got robbed, the Lakers will play for the three-peat and the following will have occurred... 

1.  There were no formal investigation into any "conspiracy"
    2.  There was nothing done by the league office to rescind the Lakers 16th world title. 
    3.  They was no downturn in fan viewership of the 2011 playoffs, and...
    4.  I'll be back on this blog to ram the Laker's 17th world title down your throats and laugh my a** off all over, again. 

Now, we get to watch you throw Bradley, Harangody, Brad Miller??? and Danny Ainge under the bus as your boys try to squeek out a 41-41 season. :) :) :) 

Thanks, gentlemen, for making this Laker victory the sweetest and most fun since Magic's baby sky hook. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : 1.  I am NOT worried about the lakers, I'm laughing at them. 2.  You guys give TheOldPerv too much credit, and Kupchak not enough.  This is not baseball, he can't buy a championship, he needs to abide by the rules.  Kupchak will have to get creative this off-season.  Buss just signs off on the deals, or not.  He does go over the cap to win, but last time I checked, Kupchak picked the team. TheOldPerv just picks the cheerleaders!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

And foxy cheerleaders they are, too!!

I wish the refs would hand a coupla them to me the way you say they handed the championship to the Lakers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laker4eva. Show laker4eva's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Let's see the salary cap is 56 million.  koME makes 30, Gasol makes 16 and Bynum makes 12.  That's 58.  Throw Odom and Artest and Sasha and Walton and you are waaaaayyyy over the cap. All 3 PG's are free agents.  Morrison, Mbenga and Powell are all Free Agents.  Talk about having your hands tied!!  koME threw his whole team under the bus with his new contract - 1/2 the cap all by himself.  Real Team Player that Bryant!! No first round pick either?  Mitch has his work cut out for him this off-season.  Maybe he can trade Magic's contract for CP3 - and the league will allow that, too.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Don't worry bout the Lakers Hedley, Dr Buss is the best owner in sports and he's all about winning. I'll put our record against the celtics this millenium any day...hell even the last 30 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

Ifin youse Faker fans wuz celabratin ya wuldnt B on dis site tryin ta git da taint offin yerselves. . . out damn taint, out!!  Shakespearowski said dat, an homey don't play. Ya smell o taint an ya no taint taint proper.  Jusin likes it ain't so proper to neva admit dat yer title is so obviousely tainted dat a dead man culd smell da taint all over it.  It's all just Stern & Taint out in La La land, like two crooked up lawyers trying to pick up trannies offa da strip, da smell o taint lingers in da mornin. Tain't spoiled, is tainted, as in its about as legit as da Title HOlder of da WWA er what efer restling organzatitions is about to say it ain't fixed. Ya got a gripe, go to Stern & Taint, sue da bahstards fer pretending ta be a legit basketball league and sue da Fakers fer not returning dat tainted title, sayin wese class acts we dont want no tainted title. But know, know class, just taint. Stern & Taint:  Attorneys at Large -- Specializing in the Big Fix.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Before posting you should wipe the taint from your eyes. You obviously have trouble seeing what's in front of you.

I re-watched game 7 and two things were clear: 1) the Celtics are a championship caliber team; and 2) the Lakers were, legitimately and honestly, truly and unquestionably, the better team -- four points better.

And the Lakers won their sixteenth title fair and square.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Where did I say that, exactly?  I have plenty of posts here, show me ONE where I said that!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Congrats, Hedly, yer post numba 350.

I wuz 333 fer what its wert.

We going alla da way ta 400, Baby.

And den beyond, mayber even ta ad infiitiitum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Where did I say that, exactly?  I have plenty of posts here, show me ONE where I said that!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I posted a comment responding to your  question. At first I thought you were referring to the wimmin -- the cheerleaders. Then I realized you meant the "handed to" remark.

My response was obliterated by the moderator/censor -- I assume for lewdness.

Let me apologize for giving the impression that you're one of those who claims the Lakers only won because the refs madeth it to happen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You can only say "fair and square" if you recognize two things. The first is that the refs blew this game and made a bunch of bad calls which took the game out of the hands of the players and put it in their own hand. The second is that the Lakers had nothing to do with the refs screwing it up so they are not to blame. "Fair and Square" ...not from a perspective where the fans or the NBA were sereved well. Only from the perspective that the Lakers weren't really at fault when the game was handed to them on a silver platter. I don't care how many times you watch the 4th quarter. I have watched it several times myself and there are 6 clearly blown calls by the refs that would have benefitted the Celtics and 4 more which were no calls at best and the lakers were put on the line in all 4. The turnaround points wise is 20 points. Fair and Square? Only if someone is trying to blame the Lakers but the Refs clearly blew this one and tainted the Lakers championship in the process. Fair and square but tainted.
    Posted by gtown07

One of the calls that sent Pao to the line was a tough one. But since Pao missed both free throws no real damage was done. I saw what you consider "blown calls" affecting both teams.

So I assume you're not lunatic enough to claim that the Lakers are to blame for what you consider those "bad" or "blown" calls.

Hence, on that ground the Lakers won it fair and square.

I likewise assume you understand the refs aren't the ones that do the scoring. A team that gets the chance to score points must still score them on its own.

Hence, on that ground the game was not "handed to them on a silver platter".

I further assume the team that earns the victory is the team whose players execute their offense when it's most vital to do so. The Lakers did this. The Celtics publicly admitted they did not.

Hence, the Lakers championship is not tainted.

Why do you perceive the fourth quarter as being any different from the preceding two? The Lakers outscored the Celtics in every quarter but the first. And that 13-point Boston lead in the third was chewed down to four points without the refs handing anything to anybody.

The Celtics make no bones about admitting that the Lakers out-hustled and out-muscled them when it mattered most.

You can keep squawking, "We wuz robbed," all you want. But you and others like you are chattering in a void. Your own team doesn't agree with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Before posting you should wipe the taint from your eyes. You obviously have trouble seeing what's in front of you. I re-watched game 7 and two things were clear: 1) the Celtics are a championship caliber team; and 2) the Lakers were, legitimately and honestly, truly and unquestionably, the better team -- four points better. And the Lakers won their sixteenth title fair and square.
    Posted by yoshinny

You can only say "fair and square" if you recognize two things. The first is that the refs blew this game and made a bunch of bad calls which took the game out of the hands of the players and put it in their own hand. The second is that the Lakers had nothing to do with the refs screwing it up so they are not to blame. "Fair and Square" ...not from a perspective where the fans or the NBA were sereved well. Only from the perspective that the Lakers weren't really at fault when the game was handed to them on a silver platter.

I don't care how many times you watch the 4th quarter. I have watched it several times myself and there are 6 clearly blown calls by the refs that would have benefitted the Celtics and 4 more which were no calls at best and the lakers were put on the line in all 4. The turnaround points wise is 20 points. Fair and
    Square? Only if someone is trying to blame the Lakers but the Refs clearly blew this one and tainted the Lakers championship in the process. Fair and square but tainted.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

It's PAU lakers fan!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

I prefer the Portuguese spelling. It keeps me from mispronouncing it "paw".

How about Pow? Now there's a name with pizzazz.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMan. Show MileHighMan's posts

I think the big play that blew my mind was the foul on Ray Allen that sent Kobe to the line for three foul shots. Ray had no contact and to send Kobe to the line was at that juncture a gift complete bailout for an errant shot. It sunk us. Even with Ray so off PP with his isolations in the fourth sunk the team.  I think PP was who Doc was referring to when he said they got away from playing together.
    Posted by concord27

You don't call Allen raking his hand across Bryant's arms as he went up for the shot a foul? Wow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMan. Show MileHighMan's posts

In Response to Tainted Championship:
    I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th. Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called. 20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean.... It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.
    Posted by gtown07

Wow, there are so many sour grapes on this thread it's just sickening, you guys want any cheese with that whine ?

I'd be willing to bet that there were far more blown calls against the Lakers during this series than against the Celtics, the biggest one being in game 2 when Garnett clearly hit the ball out of bounds with just under 2 minutes to go and the Lakers down by three, AND AFTER REVIEWING the give the ball to the Celtics, you talk about a gift. That play alone cost the Lakers a chance to win that game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Can't choke if you're not the favorite.

You said the Lakers are "heavy favorites". Now you have to resort to Celtics are not the favorite?

It's time well spent.

[QUOTE]
      Cleveland choked, Orlando choked and IF the lakers lost, they would have choked.  AGAIN, I am referring to before the playoffs started, NOT in the Finals. [/QUOTE]
    You can refer to that. I can also refer to the Celtics choking after getting a 3-2 lead, or a 13-point lead in the 3rd quarter of game 7.  You know, no team entering the 4th quarter of a final game 7 with a lead has ever lost the game.

So you want to deliberate fix a particular context for your argument, to make it sound like the Celtics aren't choking, but I can also deliberately fix a context to consider the Celtics choking.

[QUOTE] NO ONE gave us a chance to make the Finals.  That cannot possibly be a choke job, and double-teaming me will not work!! And again, don't attribute comments to me I didn't make - I never bragged about 17-3 or 9-2 - wasn't me - get over it!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

"This whole thing is about winning when you get there".

"We own you in the finals, genius".

So what are these braggings about?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You said the Lakers are "heavy favorites". Now you have to resort to Celtics are not the favorite? It's time well spent. You can refer to that. I can also refer to the Celtics choking after getting a 3-2 lead, or a 13-point lead in the 3rd quarter of game 7.  You know, no team entering the 4th quarter of a final game 7 with a lead has ever lost the game. So you want to deliberate fix a particular context for your argument, to make it sound like the Celtics aren't choking, but I can also deliberately fix a context to consider the Celtics choking. "This whole thing is about winning when you get there". "We own you in the finals, genius". So what are these braggings about?
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

No the Lakers aren't to "blame" for the bad reffing. But how much credit should they take. The celtics were outplaying them, they made as many shots from the floor as the lakers did in the 4th and in my opinion were just as aggressive. The only difference was the bad calls ...so "fair and square" ...two words that really don't apply to this championship.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Good god, give it a rest already. They were just a little bit better than we were. It's a new day. Get on with your life.
    Posted by LloydDobler

What are you, a LA life coach? The whole point is that, no they weren't a "little better".

Just shut up and go away.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : No the Lakers aren't to "blame" for the bad reffing. But how much credit should they take. The celtics were outplaying them, they made as many shots from the floor as the lakers did in the 4th and in my opinion were just as aggressive. The only difference was the bad calls ...so "fair and square" ...two words that really don't apply to this championship.
    Posted by gtown07

Celtics outplaying them?

Scoreboard.

Do you think the game score is only about FG made?

And "bad" calls are only the whinings of Celtic fans. I say all of them are good calls.

"you must be blind", you say?

"you must be blind", my response.

"you must be blind", you say again?

"you must be blind", my response again...

So this back and forth yapping don't mean much. Scoreboard!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beatles4eva. Show beatles4eva's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : "...Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers..." Maybe so...stranger things have happened, I guess...  But, this is what I believe is at heart of all this conspiracy talk... 1.  Doc ain't coming back, 2.  Sheed ain't coming back, and 3.  Pierce and/or Ray Allen ain't coming back, either. 4.  Thibodeau is going to turn the Bulls into a defensive monster with younger legs (god forbid he doesn't get his hands on Bron and Bosh) That's ballgame, boys!  The chances of the Celtics getting back to the finals next year are nil.  Zip.  Finito.  Ainge is forced to rebuild.  His hands are tied.  That's why all you knuckleheads are playing Jr. GM, now.  2010 was your swan song before the dismantling of the Big 3.  They blew it.  They ran out of gas before they could finish the job.  They gave it everything they had but as Pat Riley says, "No rebounds, no rings."  Come June 20 11 , while you guys will still be crying about how the Celtics got robbed, the Lakers will play for the three-peat and the following will have occurred...  1.  There were no formal investigation into any " conspiracy" .  2.  There was nothing done by the league office to rescind the Lakers 16th world title.  3.  They was no downturn in fan viewership of the 2011 playoffs, and... 4.  I'll be back on this blog to ram the Laker's 17th world title down your throats and laugh my a** off all over, again.  Now, we get to watch you throw Bradley, Harangody, Brad Miller??? and Danny Ainge under the bus as your boys try to squeek out a 41-41 season. :) :) :)  Thanks, gentlemen, for making this Laker victory the sweetest and most fun since Magic's baby sky hook.     
    Posted by wuzzup

S-T-E-E-E-R-I-I-K-E-E    ONE!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

I cannot belive you guys are still bit**ing about your big, choking loss. Let it go. You lost. That's it. You all sound like a guy who got dumped by some gal and instead of letting her go you just go around trash talking about her and how wronged you were. So boring. Is this what you call Celitc pride?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

wuzzup, you hit the nail on the head my friend! I think it's funny that the longest thread on this Boston Globe discussion board is about how the refs gave game 7 to the Lakers. I see this as showing the true colors of Celtics fans. No class. This is what the fans of a team with no banners would do. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since all you guys have had is 1 title in the past quarter century.
    Posted by EliasB

Ain't that funny because we are thinking that all we have to do is continue to respond to the Laker fans who get angry when exposed to the truth and then submit foolish reponses on this thread....we want it to be the longest thread because that means we are getting to the LA trolls on here. All you guys have to do is ignore the thread and it would have gone away a week ago. It is a tainted championship and the fact you just had to post on here proves it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Ain't that funny because we are thinking that all we have to do is continue to respond to the Laker fans who get angry when exposed to the truth and then submit foolish reponses on this thread....we want it to be the longest thread because that means we are getting to the LA trolls on here. All you guys have to do is ignore the thread and it would have gone away a week ago. It is a tainted championship and the fact you just had to post on here proves it.
    Posted by gtown07

It is a tainted championship and the fact you just had to post on here proves it.

Call Stern & Taint:  Attorney's at Large: (We Specialize in the Big Fix)

Youse said a mouthfull.

Wese goin fer 400, rite?