Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

We lost by only four points with bad ref's and the team hurting all over.

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/07/15/ainge-on-dc-perk-out-until-february/#more-23053

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I agree 100%......with the last sentence.  I have always said, the HOME team in the NBA wins more often than in any other sport.  About 70% of the time.  I believe if WE had home court, we would have had the benefit of some dubious calls.  That's why I can't call it a conspiracy.  It has been going on since the '70's.  The HOME team usually wins, for whatever reason.  Some research I have done ( as a ref of 25 years) does indicate that it may have to do with the proximity to the fans.  They may be intimidated.   Bring back Richie Powers!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr
            Hedleylamarr, good post.  Being a ref for 25 years is a long time. WOW!  Anyway, the last two seasons I took data from the NBA sportspage standings and calculated the average home winning percentage for the whole NBA.  The Home Team won at approximately a .625 clip last year and .600 the year before.  Each year I calculated the stats after 30-50(?) games.  This next year I hope to figure the statistic at the end of the regular season when it would be more relevant.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

At last!

A part of the game where Boston is still champion!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Could seeing all those celebrities sitting around the court have a psychological effect on the officials?  Maybe the refs don't realize it but they are getting a little star struck on the court.  Consider, LA is associated with Hollywood. Hollywood is associated with the Television Industry.  The Television Industry is associated with the NBA. There could be some kind of mental connection.  Now I could be wrong, but do you think the officials could be subconsciously biased towards making calls for the Lakers ?? 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

I agree 100%......with the last sentence.  I have always said, the HOME team in the NBA wins more often than in any other sport.  About 70% of the time.  I believe if WE had home court, we would have had the benefit of some dubious calls.  That's why I can't call it a conspiracy.  It has been going on since the '70's.  The HOME team usually wins, for whatever reason.  Some research I have done ( as a ref of 25 years) does indicate that it may have to do with the proximity to the fans.  They may be intimidated.   Bring back Richie Powers!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Forrest Gump's mamma said: "Tainted is as Tainted does".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Try the playoffs!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr
               You are right. It would be good to have the average home and road winning percentages for the Playoffs as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :         Hedleylamarr, good post.  Being a ref for 25 years is a long time. WOW!  Anyway, the last two seasons I took data from the NBA sportspage standings and calculated the average winning percentage for the whole NBA.  The Home Team won at approximately a .625 clip last year and .600 the year before.  Each year I calculated the stats after 30-50(?) games.  This next year I hope to figure the statistic at the end of the regular season when it would be more relevant.   
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Try the playoffs!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You wish that were true. The truth is that just like 2002 this tainted title is going to remain part of history.

And you don't wish that were true? Keep wishing...

[QUOTE]
    How many times a year is the 2002 debacle mentioned in an article about the NBA each year? Hundreds if not thousands.[/QUOTE]
    No, not at all. People don't care about 2002 anymore except that's part of Lakers and Phil's 3-peat legacy.

If you make up these stupid things just to consolate yourself that "Celtics getting robbed in 2010 will be remembered by everyone until eternity", I can also use throw the FACTs (that no one will care a couple months down the road) down your throat.

"You were blind", you say.

"you are still blind", my response.

If you want to drag down to the level of long-winded ranting and raving, so can I...

[QUOTE]
    You are never going to live it down. This was a gift to the Lakers. This was a theft from all fans of the NBA and not just Celtic fans. You don't get it do you?
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]
    Of course I don't. No one cares about this already. Live it down? What I live up to is the 3-peat in 2002. You can't do anything about it. If you fabricate this "everyone will remember the home job in 2002", I can also counter with "no one remember this nonsense except who 3-peated in 2002". No what?

What can you do about it? if you want this continuous ranting of "you are blind", I am all for it!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Dis B Post # 480 on da Tainted Championship tread.  Who-ra fer me.

Great find HM. I luv da comments.  Well worth a read by everyone on dis tread an den sum.

http://www.prosportscolorado.com/2010/06/18/2736-finals-by-foul-the-nba-finals-fix/

Don't be lazy like Stern & Taint -- read it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : This year's stats may be a bit off because we had so many sweeps, but I think in general, I will stand by my comment that the home team wins about 70% of the time in the playoffs.  What else may be interesting would be to see in the history of the league, how many road teams won a Game 7.
    Posted by hedleylamarr
           I was wondering the same thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : This year's stats may be a bit off because we had so many sweeps, but I think in general, I will stand by my comment that the home team wins about 70% of the time in the playoffs.  What else may be interesting would be to see in the history of the league, how many road teams won a Game 7.
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Is there a statistical change since they went to 2-3-2?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Another take:

http://www.prosportscolorado.com/2010/06/18/2736-finals-by-foul-the-nba-finals-fix/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :            You are right. It would be good to have the average home and road winning percentages for the Playoffs as well.
    Posted by cavaliersfan

This year's stats may be a bit off because we had so many sweeps, but I think in general, I will stand by my comment that the home team wins about 70% of the time in the playoffs.  What else may be interesting would be to see in the history of the league, how many road teams won a Game 7.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Dis B Post # 480 on da Tainted Championship tread.  Who-ra fer me. Great find HM. I luv da comments.  Well worth a read by everyone on dis tread an den sum. http://www.prosportscolorado.com/2010/06/18/2736-finals-by-foul-the-nba-finals-fix/ Don't be lazy like Stern & Taint -- read it.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Molto Grazie or " tank u a whola lotta"  for the very insightful link and further testimony to mine, yours, many Celtic fans and many basketball fans that we got screwed. Laker fans, of course, will put an Ostrich head in the sand to the facts or as their Jack Niclolson said, not literally, and I paraphraze "they can't stand the truth !!! " 

They say time heals wounds and I'm slowly trying to concentrate on the Red Sox & be much less P----d off. The post that follows that I copied from someone else and I mention this so as not to be accused of plagiarizing, is quite comforting and helping me to mend my wounds a bit. I hope it does for you and many other grieving Celtic fans.

The following is not my post. I've simply copied it and pasted it from a Post entitled "Celtics vs. Lakers". And the person, Duke, did say he wasn't trying to start another contest like our "Tainted Championship" post at almost 500 posts. 

" I just thought I'd take a look at the all time records....I wasn't surprised...

Regular Season      Boston 152/Lakers 120
    Playoffs                    Boston    43/Lakers  31
    All Time                    Boston  195/Lakers 151

Finals Head to Head    Boston     9/Lakers    3 

Total Championships   Boston    17/Lakers   16

Finals Percentage      Boston  .809/Lakers  .516  (Los Angeles Lakers .423) 
    THE DUKE"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disclaimer...I have not verified these on Snopes, Truth or Fiction etc. (ha!) but I do know for sure we lead on championships 17-16 and on head to head, we are 9-3.
    I don't want to "beat a dead horse" about the tremendous disparity in foul shots that was a tremendous influential factor in the Laker 4 point victory when their Super Star who walks on water shot 6-24(25%) & their team shot 32% while we shot 40%. Our defense was terrific but how do you defend 20 more foul shots(37-17). Actually we did pretty good as we shot 15 for 17(88%) and they 25-37(68%) and with their extra 20 foul shots they only got 10 or 50%---Wow !!! pretty impressively pathetic for a Pro Team !!!

I wanted to comment on Lakers saying we are continuing to whine about  Game 7 being handed to them by the Refs. Some Lakers said we felt they whined too about losing in 2008. Do the Lakers feel they dominated the Celtics in this series winning in 7 games & by 4pts in the final by having 20  more foul attempts ??? How can they they whine about 2008 ??? We won in 6 games & DOMINATED by a 39 point margin, the largest point margin of victory ever in an NBA championship clinching game. Guess who had the previous record ? We did  and broke it as the old record was 33 points against these same Lakers in game 5 in 1965 winning 129-96.
    Thank you Duke for the opening stats on this post. It made me feel better and as you said, I too am not surprised we lead the Lakers in so many categories.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

...how about finals appearances? The Los Angeles Lakers: 16 2009-2010 Conference Champions 2008-2009 Conference Champions 2007-2008 Conference Champions 2003-2004 Conference Champions 2001-2002 Conference Champions 2000-2001 Conference Champions 1999-2000 Conference Champions 1990-1991 Conference Champions 1988-1989 Conference Champions 1987-1988 Conference Champions 1986-1987 Conference Champions 1984-1985 Conference Champions 1983-1984 Conference Champions 1982-1983 Conference Champions 1981-1982 Conference Champions 1979-1980 Conference Champions The Boston Celtics: 7 2009-2010 Conference Champions 2007-2008 Conference Champions 1986-1987 Conference Champions 1985-1986 Conference Champions 1984-1985 Conference Champions 1983-1984 Conference Champions 1980-1981 Conference Champions Head to Head? 3-2 Lakers 2009-2010 Lakers 2007-2008 Celtics 1986-1987 Lakers 1984-1985 Lakers 1983-1984 Celtics
    Posted by EliasB

These stats by Duke R correct, ain't dey knot?  Nuff said and den sum.

" I just thought I'd take a look at the all time records....I wasn't surprised...

Regular Season      Boston 152/Lakers 120
    Playoffs                    Boston    43/Lakers  31
    All Time                    Boston  195/Lakers 151

Finals Head to Head    Boston     9/Lakers    3 

Total Championships   Boston    17/Lakers   16

Finals Percentage      Boston  .809/Lakers  .516  (Los Angeles Lakers .423)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

Let's take a look at how the Lakers and Celtics have done over the past 30 years and you'll see why Lakers fans and the rest of the league don't take you guys as seriously as you take yourselves....

The Los Angeles Lakers: 10
    2009-2010 NBA Champions
    2008-2009 NBA Champions
    2001-2002 NBA Champions
    2000-2001 NBA Champions
    1999-2000 NBA Champions
    1987-1988 NBA Champions
    1986-1987 NBA Champions
    1984-1985 NBA Champions
    1981-1982 NBA Champions
    1979-1980 NBA Champions

The Boston Celtics: 4
    2007-2008 NBA Champions
    1985-1986 NBA Champions
    1983-1984 NBA Champions
    1980-1981 NBA Champions

Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

...how about finals appearances?

The Los Angeles Lakers: 16
    2009-2010 Conference Champions
    2008-2009 Conference Champions
    2007-2008 Conference Champions
    2003-2004 Conference Champions
    2001-2002 Conference Champions
    2000-2001 Conference Champions
    1999-2000 Conference Champions
    1990-1991 Conference Champions
    1988-1989 Conference Champions
    1987-1988 Conference Champions
    1986-1987 Conference Champions
    1984-1985 Conference Champions
    1983-1984 Conference Champions
    1982-1983 Conference Champions
    1981-1982 Conference Champions
    1979-1980 Conference Champions

The Boston Celtics: 7
    2009-2010 Conference Champions
    2007-2008 Conference Champions
    1986-1987 Conference Champions
    1985-1986 Conference Champions
    1984-1985 Conference Champions
    1983-1984 Conference Champions
    1980-1981 Conference Champions

Head to Head? 3-2 Lakers
    2009-2010 Lakers
    2007-2008 Celtics
    1986-1987 Lakers
    1984-1985 Lakers
    1983-1984 Celtics

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

the Lakers will always be associated with the cheating and that ref guy who went to prison, and everyone in the world will forever wonder if the Lakers would have ever won any title, without a little corruption and back room dealing - until, it is finally outed by the leage that LA could never have won any title on their own without being coddled through multiple playoff series by the refs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

I was in Orlando last week and several high school AAU teams were staying in the same resort complex for a tournament. Guess how they answered the question "what did you guys think of the fourth quarter of game seven of the NBA championships?"....they immediately started hooting and hollaring and were totally unanimous that it was the worst reffing they had ever seen and that the Celtics got robbed.

Percentage who think the Lakers championship was tainted...95%

Percentage who think the Lakers won fair and square outside of LA fans...0%

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Forrest Gump's mamma said : "Tainted is, as Tainted does."  You know she was originally from Hollywood, California (LA).  She knew first hand what she was talking about.  Gump's mamma was a Laker fan. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobeismrnba. Show kobeismrnba's posts

Forrest Gump's mamma said : "Tainted is, as Tainted does."  You know she was originally from Hollywood, California (LA).  She knew first hand what she was talking about.  Gump's mamma was a Laker fan. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Your act is lame son.  We be on to you!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

the Lakers will always be associated with the cheating and that ref guy who went to prison, and everyone in the world will forever wonder if the Lakers would have ever won any title, without a little corruption and back room dealing - until, it is finally outed by the leage that LA could never have won any title on their own without being coddled through multiple playoff series by the refs.
    Posted by jeezem

Jeezem, B'jeezem, I culd notta said'em any betta meself ifin I'd tried twict as hard.

An I'm only post # 489 on da way to 500 den on ta ad infinitum.

Ta quotes da grate CF,

"Forrest Gump's mamma said : "Tainted is, as Tainted does."  You know she was originally from Hollywood, California (LA).  She knew first hand what she was talking about.  Gump's mamma was a Laker fan."

Stern & Taint,  didnt dey represent Forest Gump's mama?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Tainted Lo-o-ove! Oh-Oh-O-Oh!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

For all the successes and mishaps that Forrest Gump got himself into, I think his mamma did use those two lawyers: Stern and Taint.  She took a few shortcuts.  Forrest was okay.  Had he played professional basketball, Gump would only have played with a righteous team like the Celtics or Cavs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Now that the Lakers have Barnes, you are all going to see tainted championship number 17. Thank you kindly.

Sections
Shortcuts