Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    Hey guys get a load of this... How is Stern going to suppress this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48
    Posted by gtown07

Even though I had posted the same video a bit earlier I am glad that you put it back up. It needs to be seen. I personally feel that this discussion should not be closed as long as people have something they want to say about how Boston was robbed. If somebody is tired of it they should just not bother reading it anymore.. It's that simple. Because the officiating in the Finals (particularly game 7) was so blatantly in favor of the Lakers I believe that there should have been an investigation. Perhaps some congressman will take the time to read the posts and agree. I doubt that it would happen but one thing is certain, the game was compromised. I would like to know if the NBA is the new World Wrestling Entertainment...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Why not print out the thread posts and mail them to whatever league or governmental officials you feel might be receptive. Every possible point has been made 100 times over... and frankly it is embarrassing to  the Celtic brand and Celtic board to have this thread continuing ad nauseum. ENOUGH! Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I agree that this topic has been covered quite a bit but I hardly see it as embarassing for the Celtics as I see it as being an embarassment to the league. It's not just Celtic fans that believe it to have been a sham. I have met Mav, Spurs, Atlanta Hawks, OKC, and Houston Rocket fans that are saying the exact same things that have been posted on here. My point: it's not just Celtic fans who believe that the Finals were tainted. There is no need to be embarassed. My suggestion to you is to simply stop reading anymore additional posts regarding this matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

No rebounds, no title. The Lakers won because as a team, they hit the boards, 13 to the Celtics' pathetic 6.

The reason the Lakers went to the line had to do with the Celtics playing like old ladies, grabbing and holding, committing foul after foul. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, there was only a 4 point difference between the 2 teams. It was anyone's game to win.

Paul Pierce, your main man was 5 for 15 for the entire game. The MVP for the 7th game was Ron Artest with 20 points and 23 offensive rebounds. So you Celtic fans can cry all the way to the bank--the best team won!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

No rebounds, no title. The Lakers won because as a team, they hit the boards, 13 to the Celtics' pathetic 6. The reason the Lakers went to the line had to do with the Celtics playing like old ladies, grabbing and holding, committing foul after foul. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, there was only a 4 point difference between the 2 teams. It was anyone's game to win. Paul Pierce, your main man was 5 for 15 for the entire game. The MVP for the 7th game was Ron Artest with 20 points and 23 offensive rebounds. So you Celtic fans can cry all the way to the bank--the best team won!
    Posted by rsalas67m

Look at the video, buddy, your Lakers got carried the Celtics got robbed...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Look at the video, buddy, your Lakers got carried the Celtics got robbed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJnXxQlPC48
    Posted by guyfromtex

I have been spreading the link to the Youtube video on
    ESPN and Fox NBA. Thanks for providing it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

No rebounds, no title. The Lakers won because as a team, they hit the boards, 13 to the Celtics' pathetic 6. The reason the Lakers went to the line had to do with the Celtics playing like old ladies, grabbing and holding, committing foul after foul. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, there was only a 4 point difference between the 2 teams. It was anyone's game to win. Paul Pierce, your main man was 5 for 15 for the entire game. The MVP for the 7th game was Ron Artest with 20 points and 23 offensive rebounds. So you Celtic fans can cry all the way to the bank--the best team won!
    Posted by rsalas67m

Nice argument. I'd be making the same one to defend my team. Unfortunately the film shows otherwise. There was no grabbing. There was much fouling by Gasol over the back on rebounds. There was  a total phantom foul called on Big Baby when Gasol shot. There was not foul on Gasol when he hacked Garnett. No foul on Artest when he hacked Pierce. Foul called on Pierce when Artest charged into him...a call that had not been called the whole game. I can go on as the number and obviousness of the impact of a badly reffed game is there on film for all to see. Even if I'm wrong about a couple of them you still have a host of others to defend. Most are just blatantly bad calls. Conspiracy? Maybe not but some pretty obvious questions need to be asked and answered by Stern and the NBA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

And to think there were a few Celtic fans here that had a shred of credibility before contributing to the "tainted title" excuse-fest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

This thread could read "sore losers" as much as "tainted championship". 

The delusional will somehow believe that more posts equal a more valid point.  Despite the fact that it's the same handful of people posting.  The problem is, that for every 1 person that thinks the series was rigged, you have 100,000 that don't.  The 100,000 don't feel the need to make threads, so they're the quiet majority. 

BirdandCowens, I've always enjoyed your posts, so I hope he didn't mean you as well.  There are a ton of Celtics fans who gracefully accepted this year's loss and moved on...again, part of the silent majority. 

I think this thread really only proves that there are a handful of people who just won't let go the fact that LA was better than Boston this year.  The irony is that some fans are more hurt by boston coming close, than if they had been blown out. 

Rather than crying about the league, stern, the officiating, etc...why not talk about how well your team did?  Your team deserves HUGE accolades for its post-season play this year.  So to everyone complaining about a 'tainted championship', man up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

This thread could read "sore losers" as much as "tainted championship".  The delusional will somehow believe that more posts equal a more valid point.  Despite the fact that it's the same handful of people posting.  The problem is, that for every 1 person that thinks the series was rigged, you have 100,000 that don't.  The 100,000 don't feel the need to make threads, so they're the quiet majority.  BirdandCowens, I've always enjoyed your posts, so I hope he didn't mean you as well.  There are a ton of Celtics fans who gracefully accepted this year's loss and moved on...again, part of the silent majority.  I think this thread really only proves that there are a handful of people who just won't let go the fact that LA was better than Boston this year.  The irony is that some fans are more hurt by boston coming close, than if they had been blown out.  Rather than crying about the league, stern, the officiating, etc...why not talk about how well your team did?  Your team deserves HUGE accolades for its post-season play this year.  So to everyone complaining about a 'tainted championship', man up. 
    Posted by jofc

We have a right to discuss the problems with the league, the NBA in general, the refs, and the fact that we believe the series was fixed and the Celtics cheated on our Celtics forum.   Why trolls from other teams come here to our forum to tell us to man up, call us sore losers and crybaby's, etc. etc, is indicative of how effective and probably true this Tainted Championship thread is.

We understand some peope do not agree, and we accept that, but if you don't agree and you don't like the thread all you have to do is not read it, don't visit the thread any more, and don't post to the thread.

This advice has been repeated many times, lately. 

In fact you could start a thread of you own where you can discuss how legitimate the title is: no one is stopping you and no one from here will come to your thread and call you delusional and other names.

We believe that this LA title is a Tainted Championship, the the Celtics were cheated, that the NBA is broken, and we are entitled to our opinion.  Feel free to disagree, but, please, stop whining about the thread.  Just ignore it and don't bother with it if it bothers you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

You do see the contradiction here right?

On one hand you're saying you have a right to discuss the problems of the league.  On the other hand you're telling people who disagree to not post here.

Believe it or not, no one has a 'right' to post here.  It's all consent.  So you can remove yourself as an agent of authority right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

You do see the contradiction here right? On one hand you're saying you have a right to discuss the problems of the league.  On the other hand you're telling people who disagree to not post here. Believe it or not, no one has a 'right' to post here.  It's all consent.  So you can remove yourself as an agent of authority right now.
    Posted by jofc

I haven't seen anyone say you can't post here. In fact the more you LA fans post the better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

This thread could read "sore losers" as much as "tainted championship".  The delusional will somehow believe that more posts equal a more valid point.  Despite the fact that it's the same handful of people posting.  The problem is, that for every 1 person that thinks the series was rigged, you have 100,000 that don't.  The 100,000 don't feel the need to make threads, so they're the quiet majority.  BirdandCowens, I've always enjoyed your posts, so I hope he didn't mean you as well.  There are a ton of Celtics fans who gracefully accepted this year's loss and moved on...again, part of the silent majority.  I think this thread really only proves that there are a handful of people who just won't let go the fact that LA was better than Boston this year.  The irony is that some fans are more hurt by boston coming close, than if they had been blown out.  Rather than crying about the league, stern, the officiating, etc...why not talk about how well your team did?  Your team deserves HUGE accolades for its post-season play this year.  So to everyone complaining about a 'tainted championship', man up. 
    Posted by jofc

This topic is worthy of more discussion than a one bad call at the end of the game loss. The refs not only did a disservice to the Celtics...they robbed the LA fans of decent respectable title and they robbed the NBA and all it's fans of the confidence that the game is played and reffed the way it should. There is a reason why so many basketball fans say they prefer the college game and it starts with the nonsense that results in things like LA winning this title.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

You do see the contradiction here right? On one hand you're saying you have a right to discuss the problems of the league.  On the other hand you're telling people who disagree to not post here. Believe it or not, no one has a 'right' to post here.  It's all consent.  So you can remove yourself as an agent of authority right now.
    Posted by jofc

As Gt just pointed out, and I have always advocated, we like trolls posting, here the more the better.  My commnets are meant for those of you who attack the thread, try to dismiss it as having no legiitimacy and ask to have it censored.

My point is to those people leave the thread if you don't like it rather that try to deprive others who support it by censoring it and trying to have it removed from the discussion board.

We don't need censorship on this board just intellignet moderation. 

If you read the thread, What happened to the NBA you wll see more disguntled fans discussing much the same thing, that this championship is tainted and the NBA is in dire need of reform.  You LA fans take it too personal, but then it was the LA trolls that tried to ransack this board.

More and more info will come out about how the Celtics were cheated out of their title and the NBA will someday be investigated and forced to reform.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : As Gt just pointed out, and I have always advocated, we like trolls posting, here the more the better.  My commnets are meant for those of you who attack the thread, try to dismiss it as having no legiitimacy and ask to have it censored. My point is to those people leave the thread if you don't like it rather that try to deprive others who support it by censoring it and trying to have it removed from the discussion board. We don't need censorship on this board just intellignet moderation.  If you read the thread, What happened to the NBA you wll see more disguntled fans discussing much the same thing, that this championship is tainted and the NBA is in dire need of reform.  You LA fans take it too personal, but then it was the LA trolls that tried to ransack this board. More and more info will come out about how the Celtics were cheated out of their title and the NBA will someday be investigated and forced to reform.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I agree with you on everything except the following:

You don't like trolls posting here, and you shouldn't.  Trolls just pollute these boards. 

Attack the thread or support the thread, that's the nature of these boards.  It's silly for anyone to voice an opinion and then tell those who disagree to either post somewhere else, or to just leave in general.  It's silly because 1) you have no authority and 2) it's an unreal expectation.

I don't see more disgruntled fans, I see the same small handful who just happen to be very noisy.  It's like 3 kids screaming in a Wal-Mart aisle...sure it sounds like a lot of kids, and it is a lot of racket...but don't build it up as more than what it really is.  It's more like a really loud and ugly bird screaming outside someone's window...noisy and without a real message.

Absolutely some Laker fans take this personal.  Some people really need their team to be successful, and panic when someone attacks that.  Celtics fans have the same type of people in their fanbase (ahem...see this thread).  I don't take it personal, I just like the debate.

As for you.  Some of the greatest artists of our time have been very intelligent and creative, and sometimes irrational.  So when I say that you're being irrational, don't think I'm saying that you're not a great poster.  Because you are...i just happen to disagree with you about 80% of the time.  However, i always enjoy our disagreements. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Copied & pasted from gTown 07's post

"There was no grabbing. There was much fouling by Gasol over the back on rebounds. There was  a total phantom foul called on Big Baby when Gasol shot. There was not foul on Gasol when he hacked Garnett. No foul on Artest when he hacked Pierce. Foul called on Pierce when Artest charged into him...a call that had not been called the whole game. I can go on as the number and obviousness of the impact of a badly reffed game is there on film for all to see. Even if I'm wrong about a couple of them you still have a host of others to defend. Most are just blatantly bad calls. Conspiracy? Maybe not but some pretty obvious questions need to be asked and answered by Stern and the NBA. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in 100% agreement citing many of yours above in previous posts & some more egregious calls & non-calls. When the guy who walks on water, their MVP, hits 6 for 24(25%), the team shoots 32% and they shot 25 for 37(68%) for foul shots and we shot 40% as a team and 88% foul shots(alas only 15 for 17) and with their extra 20 fouls shots they only got 10 or (50%)-pretty pathetic for a championship pro team. If we had only fairly got 2-3 of the above in our favor, we still would have overcome the tremendous disparity in foul shots that only lead to a 4pt victory. In 2008, we won in 6 games by 39 points-that's total domination yet there was still some crying by Laker fans.

Regarding continuing this post and claims that we are whining, crying and should just man up to we got beat by a better team and that many Celtic fans have accepted the loss except for a few of us continuing this thread, they have a right to move on and we have a right to continue to vent what we consider an injustice. You Laker fans who continue here to tell us to own up that your team was better and that we should accept this and let it go. Why don't you let it go ? Is somebody holding a gun to your head to continue on this board ? No, what it is and you won't admit it, if you are truly NBA fans, is that you have GUILTY CONSCIENCES !!! And if you say, no,  get off the board & leave us to our venting which will hopefully get Stern & officials to delve further into our many claims of maybe not a conspiracy or fix, but just a horrific example of poor refereeing in a vital game 7.

I've lived in  SF past 40 years( New England for 21) and am a Boston teams fan. The locals here have the same competition with Giants-Dodgers, A's -Angels, Warriors-Lakers, Stanford, Cal-USC, UCLA etc. as we do the Celtics-Lakers, Red Sox-Yankees etc. I would estimate that at least 75% of No. Cal fans root for Boston teams vs. LA. You can't imagine how many agree we were robbed !!!

So Laker trolls...take your tainted trophy & stuff it. I reiterate that no one forces you to be on this board so if you don't like what you read & it bothers your consciences as it should, stay away !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Come on guys.  500 posts from 500 posters would be something.  But the last 485 complaints have pretty much been from the same 4 or 5 guys. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

"We believe that this LA title is a Tainted Championship, the the Celtics were cheated, that the NBA is broken, and we are entitled to our opinion.  Feel free to disagree, but, please, stop whining about the thread.  Just ignore it and don't bother with it if it bothers you."

As a Laker fan, I'm not bothered in the least. I think this thread is funny and says more about Celtics fans being sore losers than anything else. I'm sure there are lots (if not most) of Lakers fans who hope this thread makes it past 1000 because of how it's making you all look. If it reaches those numbers, it will start to get the attention of a lot people who aren't basketball fans. I want this thread to break records for most postings! Keep 'em coming!

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

"We believe that this LA title is a Tainted Championship, the the Celtics were cheated, that the NBA is broken, and we are entitled to our opinion.  Feel free to disagree, but, please, stop whining about the thread.  Just ignore it and don't bother with it if it bothers you." As a Laker fan, I'm not bothered in the least. I think this thread is funny and says more about Celtics fans being sore losers than anything else. I'm sure there are lots (if not most) of Lakers fans who hope this thread makes it past 1000 because of how it's making you all look. If it reaches those numbers, it will start to get the attention of a lot people who aren't basketball fans. I want this thread to break records for most postings! Keep 'em coming!
    Posted by EliasB

It isn't just Celtic fans who know the Lakers were give a gift. I have talked to fans from all over the country and a few Laker fans who know that the refs blew this one and gave it to the wrong team. Your appearence back here is proof that you believe exactly opposit of what your posted. You know this was a very poorly reffed game and the Lakers were lucky to come out with the title. Have you seen the videos on Youtube yet?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Yes, youtube is definitely a smoking gun.  The ability to upload says volumes. 

I've rewatched the entire fourth quarter a couple times and there's nothing...the travel call on Gasol...

I think it's funny that the Patron Saint of Conspiracy Theories, Donaghy himself, even says this game wasn't thrown. 

And I've talked to fans of every team as well...and a ton of Celtics fans.  Not about whether the game was rigged or not though.  Because it didn't come up.  All that was discussed was how Boston looked really tired, how their defense got lazy in the 4th, leading to early foul trouble, and how the Lakers just wanted it more.  But that's cause I talk to adults. 

I do enjoy this thread though...pure entertainment here.  Let's keep it going.  Normally I don't like rubbing in a victory, but with the handful of whiners here, I'm loving it.  Woohoo!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In the spirit of keeping this thread going to 1000 posts, I'll throw in my two cents worth. I looked at the stats for the last 10 Finals. On average, the winning team shot 32% more free throws than the losing team. Nothing says that free throws must be equal--and the data says that they usually are not. It is also not too surprising that the winning team usually shoots more free throws. They usually go inside more instead of settling for jumpshots, etc. Of the last 10 Finals only the Indiana Pacers when playing the Shaq and Kobe Lakers shot more free throws as a losing team (in 6 games). Oh, and by the way, in 2010 the Lakers shot 34% more free throws than the Celtics over the course of the seven game series. Right in line with the average. I have also watched the YouTube video. Good thing the NFL uses higher quality and multiple angles to overturn an official's call. I would not want the refs' decisions to be overturned by a 320 dpi single angle You Tube.
    Posted by ControllerMod

Of course the real unbalanced foul shooting occurred in the 4th quarter of game 7. Do you have any idea how many of the winning teams shot 21 foul shots in the fourth quarter of the championship game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Does this thread refer to the the 3peat coming up or to this last years championship, or to the 2009 one? I'm asking because you might as well keep this thread going to next June because you'll be calling the next years championship tainted as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Spoken like the true gentleman I know you to be. I wrote a nice detailed response to your post, but I don't know if you saw it before it was deleted.  Someone has deleted about 6 of 7 of my posts here in an attempt to censor me.  Rather than let the thread run and the debate swirl some want it censored and removed. But even if only two people keep the debate alive it is just as legitimate a debate as if 100 people participated, especially in this free public forum. If only two people believe that the NBA is corrupt and that the Celtics were robbed of a title by a fixed game and series it would still be debate with credibility, and if it turned out to be true, as many more than two people do believe this, than the argument justifies itself.  Remember those two guys from the history books: Woodward and & Bernstein and a thing called Watergate? What if someone had censored them and stopped the debate on that and subject?  This is no way akin to that of course, far from it, just a stretched analogy, but similar enough:  if people don't like the thread they can ignore it and stop trying to censor it:  or come on and argue all you want but stop with the "we're going to censor you and get the thread removed" business.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Sorry to hear someone's deleting your posts.  Again, even though we disagree, your posts are always full of substance and add to the conversation.  Strange that they'd get deleted when tons of trolls post here with no repercussion. 

One of these days, if I get time, I'm going to edit down that fourth quarter to show the fouls and non-calls.  Maybe start a separate post and go over them, just to see how everyone sees each call.  I know there are some that fans will flat out disagree on (e.g the Kobe 3 point foul), but I'd be curious to see some of the other ones.

Keep posting man!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Our young Woodward and Bernstein, the one that jofc recently called a "great poster".... RajonRondowski.... has recently acknowledged being "13 years old and smart as a whip." Precocious indeed! Onward to 1000! Pud  
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Keep on with the personal attacks.  What was it last time . . oh yeah, "jail bait", and "13 year old street hustler".

Meanwhile the Championship is still tainted, and all your personall attacks against me will not change that fact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Sorry to hear someone's deleting your posts.  Again, even though we disagree, your posts are always full of substance and add to the conversation.  Strange that they'd get deleted when tons of trolls post here with no repercussion.  One of these days, if I get time, I'm going to edit down that fourth quarter to show the fouls and non-calls.  Maybe start a separate post and go over them, just to see how everyone sees each call.  I know there are some that fans will flat out disagree on (e.g the Kobe 3 point foul), but I'd be curious to see some of the other ones. Keep posting man!
    Posted by jofc

Well, see for yourself, my post in reply to you has already been deleted.

There is no taint like the taint of censorship.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

BirdandCowens - excellent post! It's always great to read from fans like yourself.  I think you're right about home teams getting calls.  Subconciously the refs get swayed by the opportunity to 'play the hero'.  A big shot...rolling around the rim...blow the whistle and hear the crowd road at the 'and 1'.  

Phil Jackson said it best...they referee an illusion.  They get caught up in the moment. 

Strangely enough, look at the FTA disparity in some of those 04 games as well.  171-111 FTAs in favor of Detroit.