Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    The same sorry arsed half dozen losers still talking about "tainted" stuff???? How disfunctional is that??? You guys must all hang out at the same public library.  Run to open computer at 9:00AM and have preprinted signs that say, "Gone to the bathroom; Be back in 10 minutes"... Even BirdandCowens, you're own buddy, says, "Dudes, let's move on.  There's more important things..." For us in LA, this victory is the sweetest because Boston fans are still crying, "We was robbed!" When we go for the 3-peat, my only regret is you idiots won't be there...Boston won't make another final in the next 6-7 years, at best.   Kobe crushed your summer, but you all made mine.  Keep up this thread, please.  It's hilarious!
    Posted by wuzzup

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really want to leave this post and get on with my life but some comments in the post above indicate that this may be a die heart Laker fan but is not a true fan of NBA basketball.

Re: "For us in LA, this victory is the sweetest because Boston fans are still crying and Kobe crushed your summer, but you all made mine". 

Kobe crushed us ??? He shot 6-24(25%) & the rest of the team shot 32%. This is a sweet victory to you ? A dominating victory was us winning in 2008 in game 6 by 39 points. I've said this before, if we had won by 4 pts with 20 more foul shots, I would have been happy we won but not called it a sweet victory. I would have said we were lucky to have won & it was SWEET of the incompetent-I won't call them crooked-refs to have given us 20 more foul shots and, guess what, we only made 10 points or 50%. Pretty pathetic I'd admit of my own team !!! Hmmm ???Maybe the refs did bet on the Lakers and felt had they made just four more fouls, they'd have beaten the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread !!!

I've said this before too. If LA had lost, it would have been interesting to read the papers about Kobe's 25% & the team's 32%. I mean & he was MVP at that too !!! So please tell me how Kobe tremendously contributed to this game 7 victory.

I know the following has nothing to do with it but for your edification: 

I think what stands out most to me - and the thing that will always separate MJ from Kobe - is that Jordan won 6 NBA Finals and was the MVP in all 6 of them. That's astounding. Not only that, but MJ never lost a Finals, which Bryant did to the Celtics in 2008. . Even more impressive, MJ never let another team get to a deciding Game 7 in the Finals either.

ENOUGH SAID...ENJOY YOUR SWEET VICTORY !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I really want to leave this post and get on with my life but some comments in the post above indicate that this may be a die heart Laker fan but is not a true fan of NBA basketball.  Re: "For us in LA, this victory is the sweetest because Boston fans are still crying and Kobe crushed your summer, but you all made mine".  Kobe crushed us ??? He shot 6-24(25%) & the rest of the team shot 32%. This is a sweet victory to you ? A dominating victory was us winning in 2008 in game 6 by 39 points. I've said this before, if we had won by 4 pts with 20 more foul shots, I would have been happy we won but not called it a sweet victory. I would have said we were lucky to have won & it was SWEET of the incompetent-I won't call them crooked-refs to have given us 20 more foul shots and, guess what, we only made 10 points or 50%. Pretty pathetic I'd admit of my own team !!! Hmmm ???Maybe the refs did bet on the Lakers and felt had they made just four more fouls, they'd have beaten the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread !!! I've said this before too. If LA had lost, it would have been interesting to read the papers about Kobe's 25% & the team's 32%. I mean & he was MVP at that too !!! So please tell me how Kobe tremendously contributed to this game 7 victory. I know the following has nothing to do with it but for your edification:  I think what stands out most to me - and the thing that will always separate MJ from Kobe - is that Jordan won 6 NBA Finals and was the MVP in all 6 of them. That's astounding. Not only that, but MJ never lost a Finals, which Bryant did to the Celtics in 2008. . Even more impressive, MJ never let another team get to a deciding Game 7 in the Finals either. ENOUGH SAID...ENJOY YOUR SWEET VICTORY !!!
    Posted by mandobello

-

I have just two short comments and I'll be on my way.

1.  Although my friend Mando's comments are good and well taken, I don't think we should be responding to trolls no matter how tempting. I have that troll on Ignore and that's where he will stay, and I will never dignify him by feeding or even acknowledgeing him.

2.  Mr friend bridbandcowans wants to make a distinction between moving this thread and censoring it.  I do not see such a distinction:  moving it is just another repressive maneuver to get it off the Front Burner forum where it has legitimate value for those of us who like it and want to be able to continue to post to it.  Moving it would just be censorship by another name.

Why he insists on getting his way and forcing his will on others is a mystery to me.  Maybe he is just a bully, I don't know.  But he is a long time poster to this board with many valuable contributions to make, and I wish he would gather his composure and get back to what he does best:  making good, insightful commentary on the Celtics team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

The same sorry arsed half dozen losers still talking about "tainted" stuff???? How disfunctional is that??? You guys must all hang out at the same public library.  Run to open computer at 9:00AM and have preprinted signs that say, "Gone to the bathroom; Be back in 10 minutes"... Even BirdandCowens, you're own buddy, says, "Dudes, let's move on.  There's more important things..." For us in LA, this victory is the sweetest because Boston fans are still crying, "We was robbed!" When we go for the 3-peat, my only regret is you idiots won't be there...Boston won't make another final in the next 6-7 years, at best.   Kobe crushed your summer, but you all made mine.  Keep up this thread, please.  It's hilarious!
    Posted by wuzzup

And you appearing here just shows how much you agree. As soon as you start with insults you show us how much more you agree. As for Birdcowens...not a real Celtic fan...wears a Garnett tee around southern california to take abuse. Must like it.

Tainted Championship and your post here proves it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I really want to leave this post and get on with my life but some comments in the post above indicate that this may be a die heart Laker fan but is not a true fan of NBA basketball.  Re: "For us in LA, this victory is the sweetest because Boston fans are still crying and Kobe crushed your summer, but you all made mine".  Kobe crushed us ??? He shot 6-24(25%) & the rest of the team shot 32%. This is a sweet victory to you ? A dominating victory was us winning in 2008 in game 6 by 39 points. I've said this before, if we had won by 4 pts with 20 more foul shots, I would have been happy we won but not called it a sweet victory. I would have said we were lucky to have won & it was SWEET of the incompetent-I won't call them crooked-refs to have given us 20 more foul shots and, guess what, we only made 10 points or 50%. Pretty pathetic I'd admit of my own team !!! Hmmm ???Maybe the refs did bet on the Lakers and felt had they made just four more fouls, they'd have beaten the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread !!! I've said this before too. If LA had lost, it would have been interesting to read the papers about Kobe's 25% & the team's 32%. I mean & he was MVP at that too !!! So please tell me how Kobe tremendously contributed to this game 7 victory. I know the following has nothing to do with it but for your edification:  I think what stands out most to me - and the thing that will always separate MJ from Kobe - is that Jordan won 6 NBA Finals and was the MVP in all 6 of them. That's astounding. Not only that, but MJ never lost a Finals, which Bryant did to the Celtics in 2008. . Even more impressive, MJ never let another team get to a deciding Game 7 in the Finals either. ENOUGH SAID...ENJOY YOUR SWEET VICTORY !!!
    Posted by mandobello

"If"...nuff said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

"...As soon as you start with insults you show us how much more you agree..."

Is that anything like, "Sticks and stones...?"

2011 NBA Champions:  The Los Angeles Lakers

Do you want to start your conspiracy theories on this one 11 months in advance?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Keep me out of your little petty rants.  And it's Bird AND Cowens, two people you have probably never even seen play.  116 posts, and this is your best shot? Oh, and just for the record.......NO ONE gives me abuse when I wear my shirt - wonder why that is!!!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

-

Dear Sir,

You are obviously a passionate Celtic fan who cares a lot and obviously I am a Celtic fan who cares a lot, but we disagree mainly on whether this tread has a right to exist on this board.  I agree with the post's author that the championship is tainted and the NBA is in need of reform even if it's only the pathetic officiating, and I want to be able to post here with my fellow believers without getting attacked and called names.

So let's play make a deal.  I have something you want and you have something I want. I want you to stay off of this thread and stop harassing me and the other posters here.

In return, I will give you back your quotes and remove them from my avatar profile.  But I ask one small favor, as I have grown so fond of them and they look so good on me, that If I could just share joint-custody of them on weekends that would be great.

This is a sincere offer on which I will not renege if you keep your end of the bargain: stay off this thread for good.

Let me know if you want to make this deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

"...As soon as you start with insults you show us how much more you agree..." Is that anything like, "Sticks and stones...?" 20 11 NBA Champions:  The Los Angeles Lakers Do you want to start your conspiracy theories on this one 11 months in advance?  
    Posted by wuzzup

No it's like "damn you ..you have good point so all I can say is fax you since I know that your argument is sound and I have nothing logical to contradict you."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

The refs should not have adjusted their officiating strategy and made up the rules as they went along during game 7.    In my best Rondowskiese: " Dey shud hav callzd dem as dey seezd dem." .......... Anotherwords, follow the rules and be consistant throughout the whole game.  Be fair to both teams. ..........  I'm excited about learning a new language !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

This is like Raiders fans still complaining about the tuck-rule years later.  I fully expect this post will be running strong in 2015, with 10,000 entries.  I've not read each of the 592 posts before this, but wonder if anyone acknowledged that the Lakers had already come back to 57-55 in the first minute of the 4th quarter?  You all make it seem like they were down 13, then the refs gave them the game.  Watched it again on NBA TV last night.  The Pau-Pierce collision at half court should have been a no-call.  Other than that, it was representative of standard  officiating.  I read somewhere in the days following the game that Doc actually encouraged some fouls in the 4th qtr because the Lakers weren't making them.  See ya Raiders fans, I'll check back in a year when this is at 2,000 posts. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Dear Sir, You are obviously a passionate Celtic fan who cares a lot and obviously I am a Celtic fan who cares a lot, but we disagree mainly on whether this tread has a right to exist on this board.  I agree with the post's author that the championship is tainted and the NBA is in need of reform even if it's only the pathetic officiating, and I want to be able to post here with my fellow believers without getting attacked and called names. So let's play make a deal.  I have something you want and you have something I want. I want you to stay off of this thread and stop harassing me and the other posters here. In return, I will give you back your quotes and remove them from my avatar profile.  But I ask one small favor, as I have grown so fond of them and they look so good on me, that If I could just share joint-custody of them on weekends that would be great. This is a sincere offer on which I will not renege if you keep your end of the bargain: stay off this thread for good. Let me know if you want to make this deal.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I guess the taint goes on cause this is post #595 thanks to a lot of troll help.  Some good points being made on both sides about fatigue and who was and who wasn't and how tired they were or weren't. I guess we'll just have to subpoena the players to testify about just how tired they were.

Mr. B&C, I got your msg on my profile page, but I can't msg you back because your settings only allow friends to msg you.  To be clear I was not asking you to remove any of your posts just to stop posting here in the future.  I believe in transparency, and I think all posts should remain for the record as they are a valuable part of the process. I only asked for two things, and one is joint custody of the quotes, weekends only, and I promise that if I use them at all, I will only use them from between 6 pm Friday to 12 pm Sunday night.  I hope you find this a fair and equitable offer made in good faith.  Of course I promise to never abuse them.

Just let me know right here on this thread if we have a deal.  You don't have to go into any detail or eat any crow, just a simple answer will do. If we make the deal, I'll waive my joint custody right for this weekend, and my joint custody rights will not begin until next week so that you can have sole custody for the next 7 days.

Fair enough?

Now let's get back on topic and discuss the tainted championship and the NBA.  Why do some people find it so far fetched that there might be corrupt shenanigans going on in a multi-billion business like the NBA? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Is this thread ready for the Guiness book of world records yet?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : As you say, they are not MY quotes.  If you are not using them to mock me, I don't care, I have plenty of other ones.  But, if it means nothing, then just stop using them, or get your own.  As you know, I will not be discussing the 2010 Finals on this thread any longer!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

I think you make a very good point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Great analogy with the Raiders fans. And for those posters here who thought that the Celtics did not look tired in the 4th Q. From Doc's WEEI interview: Doc On Game 7 Regrets: Rivers said he’s watched some video of the fourth quarter of Game 7. “I’ve looked at some of it but I couldn’t watch it [all],” he said. “It’s still very difficult.” The coach said one thing he might have done differently is to get Rondo some rest at the start of the fourth. “I think I should have given Rondo another blow,” Rivers said. “I thought he was tired. I thought he played that way in the fourth. And that was a tough one, because he was starting to play well at the end of the third, so it was tough to pull him out.” Rivers also said he wished the team would have attacked the post more, although he noted that some post plays were called, and Kevin Garnett and Rasheed Wallace both were tiring. “You could just feel that we were running out of gas,” he said. Look at the minutes played and its obvious the starters would be tired. Tired legs lead to fouling or being out of position.
    Posted by ControllerMod

You Laker fans keep on dredging that one up. Tiredness was not the difference in the game. Everyone was tired. Both teams were tired.  Just not tired to the degree that it made a signifacant difference between them and the Lakers who were also desperately tired. At least the Celtics were making shots. The difference in the game was not who was more tired. The difference was that the refs started calling fouls on the Celtics and did not for similar plays by the Lakers. I thought the Lakers play looked more tired. Gasol especially was just going through people. Unfortunately for the Celtics he did that on several occasions when he went over the top on Garnett and hacked him, went over the top on Garnett and fouled him but the call was out off Garnett and he went over the top of Rondon and shoved him to the floor. Even the up and down which wasn't called was a product of a tired Gasol. And can you tell me Kobe looked fresh. Instead of making Kobe like moves he just was diving into people. If the refs call it equal Lakers lose by 10.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There was another post a week or so ago "Entitled Game 7 Injustices" and I guess many posts here could be continued there if for some reason this is discontinued. Why are posts discontinued ? Does that mean they are censored ? Just curious?

I'm happy to see that the last few posts contain nothing about censorship which suppresses the right to free speech unless, of course, it involves profanity, racial & religious slurs, treason etc. If people, Celtic, Laker, NBA fans & trolls wish to keep up the dialogue, why not ? They say that time cures all ills. For Celtic fans it may take a little bit more time or maybe even never to mend the wounds from what many consider an injustice to our team by a disparity in egregious phantom fouls called on us & those not called on the opponents.

I don't recall if there was a post regarding Kobe being named MVP of the Finals.  If he had not been, perhaps I'd not be feeling so bad about our loss. Prior to the series I kept reading how Kobe wanted to avenge the loss in 2008. I mean this wasn't a 4pt loss with a 20 point disparity in fouls but a 39 point thrashing in Game 6. I've mentioned this before, Michael Jordan won 6 NBA Finals and was the MVP in all 6 of them. That's astounding.  Not only that, but MJ never lost a Finals, which Bryant did to the Celtics in 2008 so I  reiterate  wanting to avenge the loss. Even more impressive,  MJ never let another team get to a deciding Game 7 in the Finals either.

Ok, I think the MVP(s) should have been the REFS based on their performance in Game 7-oops, don't want to get off tract.  But Kobe shooting 6-24 or 25% in a very mediocre finals performance is namned MVP-give me a break !!! I felt before all the playoffs began that for the Lakers to reach the finals & win them, the best performance had to come from Gasol. He was tremendously motivated having been called "soft" in 2008. I don't feel he was soft since. I've said this in another post that I felt he was the best I've seen since our own Kevin Mchale, rebounding, tap-ins, 5-10 ft jump shots or hooks either hand. Unless he was muscled out from under the basket, he was most likely to get the rebound, put it in, pass it out to a shooter or pass it to start a fast break. So, in a city full of Actors making fantasy movies, Gasol in Game 7 did some great acting hacking Paul Pierce & Garnett a couple of times & did not get called, grimaced I guess enough for some legitimate blocks on him to be fouls called on us & one time he went in for a dunk that I thought he was auditioning for "DANCING WITH THE STARS" as he took 2-3 steps w/o dribbling and no call made and it was a pivotal time in the 4th qtr. Ok, got all that bashing of Pau Gasol getting away with a few calls & non calls out of my system but seriously, over all, I feel he was the MVP, not Kobe , of the series.

Opinions welcomed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

this thread should live on forever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

this thread should live on forever
    Posted by jeezem

Well, we lost about 8 posts this morning because we were at 598 and now sit at 590.  I made post #595 yesterday and it's right on my post.  This is post # 591, for the 2nd time around.  Maybe we slot some trolls along the way, but I don't know what posts were deleted or why.

But the Taint goes on, and the topic remains vital and alive and worth evey bit of verbiage devoted to it.  Till a new title is bestowed with out taint, the NBA Title will continue to carry the stench of taint.

Number your posts for posterity  #591.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

I want to be #600

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Why were posts deleted? Without an explanation this is pure Bullsheeeet!

This is actually around post # 605.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Why were posts deleted? Without an explanation this is pure Bullsheeeet! This is actually around post # 605.
    Posted by DaCeltics

-
    #587 - revised number.

Yes, my friend, it is, as you say, BS, 605, and that's not counting the 8 posts of mine the misguided mods deleted last week.  But we live in a democracy, and anyone is free to delete their posts if they want to.  In fact I encourage all the cowards who lost the battle to censor this thread to delete their posts.  That way we can separate the wheat from the chaff, and only those of courage and integrity and commitment will leave their posts up for posterity.

So delete away trolls, apologists,  and thee of little faith, the Taint goes on and it will go on.

Wese goin alla da way to ad infinitum and den sum.

Ifin it an't Tainted, it an't of this world.

Stern & Taint:  Lawyers at Large:  if it ain't tainted, we can fixx that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Not only did you lose a finals, but you lost to the BACK TO BACK WORLD CHAMPION LOS ANGELES LAKERS.  Let it sink in and ruminate in your brain cavity.  Enjoy the agony and revel in the anguish.  All of your 4th quarter conspiracy theories aside, as they are only a pathetic mask of the true issue, namely the 4th quarter collapse of your Celtics, the championship was lost in that degrading smackdown known as game 6.  Jordan's Bulls would have OWNED that game and not let it come to a game 7.  But Pierce, Ray Ray and KG choked and Kobe et al grabbed the opportunity and squeezed the life out of the Celtics. GAG ON IT...ALL SUMMER!  It couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of jerk fans.
    Posted by MagnificentBastard

Nice talk.  Very appropriate name for you, or should I call you martini?  So, Jordan's Bulls would have owned the lakers, too, since it went 7 games.  And your hero koME was 6-24 in that game.  Great job of squeezing, oh magnificent B.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VinniePapaGiorgio. Show VinniePapaGiorgio's posts

Everyone who's blaming the refs for the Celtics losing game 7 are either blind or just plain idiotic. Even though I'm a diehard Laker fan, I've always respected the Celtics and their knowledgable fans and to see some of them make excuses like this surprises me. I'm the first to admit that some calls in the 4th quarter were questionable, but that's what happens when you don't lockup homecourt and play tired D. The Lakers were the more energetic, aggressive, and physical team at the end and that's why they got to the line more (the same way the Celtics did back in 2008). I didn't see many Celtic games this past year but even I know that they had a tendency to play stagnant offense and blow big leads in the 4th quarters, and unfortunately it happened again at the worst possible moment. And then for you guys to blame Perkins injury for the loss is even more ridiculous. As I recall Bynum wasn't at full strength either, not to mention he didn't even play in 2008 (even though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have even mattered, the stars aligned for the Celtics that year). Sheed played his heart out and gave your team more offensively then Perk did all series, plus his defense was pretty tough on Pau. And as for you Kobe haters, he played like dirt offensively in game 7 but still found a way to contribute with 15 huge rebounds and great D on Rondo and Ray Allen. In 5 years, all people are gonna remember is who won the game and not that Kobe shot 6-24, the same way we forget that the almighty Jordan shot 6-19 and 5-19 in close out wins versus the Sonics and Jazz. Man up and give credit when its due. Stay classy Boston!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Everyone who's blaming the refs for the Celtics losing game 7 are either blind or just plain idiotic. Even though I'm a diehard Laker fan, I've always respected the  Celtics  and their knowledgable fans and to see some of them make excuses like this surprises me. I'm the first to admit that some calls in the 4th quarter were questionable, but that's what happens when you don't lockup homecourt and play tired D. The Lakers were the more energetic, aggressive, and physical team at the end and that's why they got to the line more (the same way the Celtics did back in 2008). I didn't see many Celtic games this past year but even I know that they had a tendency to play stagnant offense and blow big leads in the 4th quarters, and unfortunately it happened again at the worst possible moment. And then for you guys to blame Perkins injury for the loss is even more ridiculous. As I recall Bynum wasn't at  full strength  either, not to mention he didn't even play in 2008 (even though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have even mattered, the stars aligned for the Celtics that year). Sheed played his heart out and gave your team more offensively then Perk did all series, plus his defense was pretty tough on Pau. And as for you Kobe haters, he played like dirt offensively in game 7 but still found a way to contribute with 15 huge rebounds and great D on Rondo and  Ray Allen . In 5 years, all people are gonna remember is who won the game and not that Kobe shot 6-24, the same way we forget that the almighty Jordan shot 6-19 and 5-19 in close out wins versus the Sonics and Jazz. Man up and give credit when its due. Stay classy Boston!
    Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio

You are a little late to the chase for such a generic plea. While I understand as a Laker fan that you want to embarass the posters here into not discussing what we all know shouldn't have happened. Snd that is the refs took over the game. As has been stated on here many times which you probably haven't seen since you are such a late in the game poster the refs not only took something away from
     the Celtics they took something away from all NBA fans including the Laker fans.

You are wrong this was so bad 5 years from now everyone who was watching, all non Laker fans who got ripped off by the refs, will remember and when it is mentioned everyone will know the details of just how badly the Celtics got robbed. Our discussing this is the right thing to do. You implying that the Celtics fans who are discussing this lack class is in fact a demonstration of your misunderstanding or denial of just how bad the 4th quarter of game 7, the championship game was handled by the refs. Either that or you actually know that we are right and it hurts you to know it and your post is in reaction to that pain.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Everyone who's blaming the refs for the Celtics losing game 7 are either blind or just plain idiotic. Even though I'm a diehard Laker fan, I've always respected the  Celtics  and their knowledgable fans and to see some of them make excuses like this surprises me. I'm the first to admit that some calls in the 4th quarter were questionable, but that's what happens when you don't lockup homecourt and play tired D. The Lakers were the more energetic, aggressive, and physical team at the end and that's why they got to the line more (the same way the Celtics did back in 2008). I didn't see many Celtic games this past year but even I know that they had a tendency to play stagnant offense and blow big leads in the 4th quarters, and unfortunately it happened again at the worst possible moment. And then for you guys to blame Perkins injury for the loss is even more ridiculous. As I recall Bynum wasn't at  full strength  either, not to mention he didn't even play in 2008 (even though I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have even mattered, the stars aligned for the Celtics that year). Sheed played his heart out and gave your team more offensively then Perk did all series, plus his defense was pretty tough on Pau. And as for you Kobe haters, he played like dirt offensively in game 7 but still found a way to contribute with 15 huge rebounds and great D on Rondo and  Ray Allen . In 5 years, all people are gonna remember is who won the game and not that Kobe shot 6-24, the same way we forget that the almighty Jordan shot 6-19 and 5-19 in close out wins versus the Sonics and Jazz. Man up and give credit when its due. Stay classy Boston!
    Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Lakers were the more energetic, aggressive, and physical team at the end and that's why they got to the line more (the same way the Celtics did back in 2008)."

Much of sports and I've played in many different types depend upon momentum to swing things in a different direction. If what you say is true about aggressiveness & being physical, it could be that Gasol got away with hacking Garnett & Pierce on a couple of pivotal plays and was not called but on some offensive plays he and other Lakers-poor babies-were extremely aggressive but on legitimate blocks fouls were called on us. So, if "something ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude that Refs were turning a blind eye favoring them, it was natural that they were perhaps more spirited & we were with shoulders shrugging & despondent after call after call went against us. Heck, we probably were afraid to try & block some shots not to give them an extra point foul shot. Am I bitter ? You bet !!! 

Also, regarding your comment at the end of the sentence, are you implying that because we got more foul shots in 2008(game 6 by the way) that is the reason we won by a thrashing 39 points, not 4 points in a game 7 with 20 more foul shots ???  

Why don't you " Man up and give credit when its due & stay classy"
    and man up and give some credit for the victory to the Refs !!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There have been statements "why would the referees favor the Lakers" ?  I live in SF &, unfortunately, need travel to LA on occasion.  I've also been to the Staples Center.  All the fans are not movie stars & jewerly laden glitzy, glamorous tinsel town denizens.  Many appear to be some types you'd see on Hollywood Blvd, transvestites, prostitutes, tattooed laden rough necks, derelicts etc.  Soooo, if I were a Ref and had to walk to my car under security or not, I'd worry not only about having the windows broken & tires slashed but, perhaps, some bodily injury too !!! Could be reason for favoring the Lakers !
    You think ???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

There is no question the Lakers seemed more active.  They were missing so many shots what else could they do in front of their home crowd.  But how in such a tight game could the refs reward so many free throws when they are supposed to swallow their whistles.  The play that did it for me was Kobe was  grazed or not even touched on a three point miss by Ray Allen and was rewarded three bailout free throws.  Kobe at this point could not  throw the ball in the ocean but this call was so outrageous it brought back memories of the incredible non call on Fisher against the Spurs.  Laker fans who bizarrely still  frequent this board have to see the game coaxed toward their victory.  Of course the Celtics should have won it anyway but evident favoritism has no place in the finals.

Sections
Shortcuts