Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : The Celtics were losing the offensive rebounding the whole game but leading because their defense was holding the Lakers ot 32%. The real differnce in the game was the way the 4th quarter was officiated compared to the way the rest of the game was and even then had it been called both ways there would be no complaint here. It wasn't the refs started giving it to the Lakers who couldn't make a basket and that is the story. All the other rationalizations don't work since the Celtics were leading the whole game.
    Posted by greenkillme

The Celtics were leading the whole game? The last I checked, the Lakers won 83-79. Do you think mid-way thru' the 4th quarter was "the whole game"?

Oh, at 7:18 of the 2nd quarter, the Lakers were leading 25-23.

At the beginning of the 4th quarter, it's 57-53, Celtics. Yeah, that's a lock to win games because they "were leading the whole game".

Watch more NBA, son. You obviously think a 4-point lead with 12 minutes to play is insurmountable. Heck, do you think this is soccer?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : The Celtics were leading the whole game? The last I checked, the Lakers won 83-79. Do you think mid-way thru' the 4th quarter was "the whole game"? Oh, at 7:18 of the 2nd quarter, the Lakers were leading 25-23. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, it's 57-53, Celtics. Yeah, that's a lock to win games because they "were leading the whole game". Watch more NBA, son. You obviously think a 4-point lead with 12 minutes to play is insurmountable. Heck, do you think this is soccer?
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

-

Q:  How many ways can a Glass Cow waste his time?

A:  700 and den sum, an den on ta ad infinitum.

Congratulakershons on yer Tainted Championship an on attaining da 700
    Club.

2010 Laker Title:  So Tainted they named a drink after it:  The Tainted Championship  -- bitters, and vintage whine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmycslick. Show jimmycslick's posts

WHATTA BUNCH OF WHINERS - GET OVER YOURSELVES !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Posted by jimmycslick

The whiners, criers, and other other terms that attempt to denigrate is a non-substantive  tactical ploy to divert attention from the initial post

Truth is the Laker fans will never force legitimacy on a Tainted Championship through insults. Only with facts and opinions and so far no argument has been  strong enough to stop the climb to 1000 Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Q:  How many ways can a Glass Cow waste his time? A:  700 and den sum, an den on ta ad infinitum. Congratulakershons on yer Tainted Championship an on attaining da 700 Club. 2010 Laker Title:  So Tainted they named a drink after it:  The Tainted Championship  -- bitters, and vintage whine.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Ignore the cow. He comes on once a week, thinks he "schools" everybody, then runs and hides like the coward he is for a week!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Ignore the cow. He comes on once a week, thinks he "schools" everybody, then runs and hides like the coward he is for a week!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Surprised to see you in this thread, hedley. Aren't you the flag-bearer for no whining among Celtics fans?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Q:  How many ways can a Glass Cow waste his time? A:  700 and den sum, an den on ta ad infinitum. Congratulakershons on yer Tainted Championship an on attaining da 700 Club. 2010 Laker Title:  So Tainted they named a drink after it:  The Tainted Championship  -- bitters, and vintage whine.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Widowski, the more you drag on, the more you secretly admit that the Celtics lost to a better team.... You know it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Surprised to see you in this thread, hedley. Aren't you the flag-bearer for no whining among Celtics fans?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Headless had battles with me for weeks in June/July. After he realized that he realized that he cannot win arguments by outlasting me, he wimped out and hid his head under the sand...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Congratulations, Gtown07, on going over 700 posts for your thread.  To anyone reading this post.  Please remember, it is questionable who won any game, where the winner has not won by at least 8-10 pts.  I believe, for several reasons the officiating is too erratic to decide close games.  We have the opportunity to object in a reasonable manner and so why shouldn't we use it if we choose? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Congratulations, Gtown07, on going over 700 posts for your thread.  Please remember, it is questionable who won any game , where the winner has not won by at least 8-10 pts.  I believe, for several reasons the officiating is too erratic to decide close games.  We have the opportunity to object in a reasonable manner and so why shouldn't we use it if we choose? 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

-

Well said, CF, my good friend, you are a hearty, well met fellow.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only whining on this thread is coming out of LA. That's just a fact that can be verified by reading the thread.

Too dense to get it, that's my diagnoses.

If we all had a dollar for every clever thing the Glass Cow ever said, we'd all be down a dollar.  Haven't you got any sense of humour or intelligence whatsoever?

What's the sound of one Glass Cow shattering?

It's the sound of laughter on this thread.

Stern & Taint:  If you just don't get it, well, that's one thing we can't fix.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

NBA champs for 2010 are the Lakers! :)

That FACT will never be taken away. You fundamentalist Boston fanatics can cry til the end of time, make every excuse in the book, delude yourselves that you were "robbed" and

the Lakers still won the NBA title in 2010. :)

The Lakers beat the Celtics in 2010 & got another title in 2010.  :)

Its nice to be a Laker fan throughout the 2000s with 5 titles and 7 trips to the finals. You asked what did Boston do in the 2000s decade? They went to the finals twice and won 1 itty bitty title.  :(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Dear Mr(s) GlassCow,

A cow is female so I don't know ??? But it is of the Cattle Species which, of course, has as its male, the Bull, so I would assume you might call yourself "Transparent Bull" if you were male. Based on some of your responses on this thread hitting us with a lot of "Bull" seems quite appropriate. I find too as per some glass that you are quite transparent. You appear as I look through the glass as a bit insecure, on the defense defending the Laker Championship. Let me tell you what I think you are very good at. You copied & pasted from some of my posts early today---I'm just looking now at this thread and I'm on on the Left Coast, SF and very happily not LA---UGH! and note that you've cherry picked some of my comments upon which you wish to add your comments which is why this is early am East Coast time.  Ok, may I ask , well I'd prefer you just go away and leave us be, but if you do respond again " what is it exactly you want from us ? " I, and I can't speak for my fellow Celtic fans, concede the following:

1. The Lakers are NBA Champions 2010.

2. The record books will show that they beat the Celtics.

3. There will be no * asterisk next to the title indicating it was tainted.

Do you continue on here because you think we don't know the above and you wish to convince us of it.....
    ...it is a fact !!!  However, the manner in which it was accomplished and whether it was deserved based on a superior team winning by pure athletic endeavor is something we are not satisfied with and wish to discuss & we don't need you and your jibberish to try & convince us otherwise.

Now what I will not concede to is acknowledging that I, again can't speak for the Celtic fans, don't think the Lakers are the better team.  You made a comment that someone said we were leading the whole game & you then said that the score was very close within minutes after the 4th qtr. started so we were't leading the whole game. Wow ! How astute you are. Now we were leading until the incompetent Refs decided to award 21 fouls to our 6 all in the 4th Qtr., many phantom calls, many non calls on Lakers, blatant 2-3 step travel by Gasol doing a dunk where I thought he was auditioning for Dancing with the Stars at a very pivotal time in the game. Just one play can change momentum in an athletic contest but when a team gets 15 more foul shots in a qtr. which one really changes the momentum? So, in addition to not admitting that we feel the Lakers are better we also feel the title is tainted. But what we feel will not change the aforementioned record-you guys are the champs. I reiterate, what else do you want from us? Leave us alone & please go on a Laker forum & blow smoke up your own butts about how great your Laker team and its (6-24/25%) MVP played.  I did say but you commented you didn't believe a word of it that I said if the Celtics had won by 4 pts with the disparity in fouls I'd have been happy we got the title but would have felt lucky too the refs favored us. And, personally, I don't give a hoot if you don't believe me, but I most certainy would not be gloating about the victory and going on LA forums hounding the fans & trying to get them to capitulate & agree we were completely deserving & not lucky at all to win the title. I'd shut my trap & be content & look forward to next year. You have been masticating(for the uninformed that's like cow chewing its cud) with pure dribble in most of your remarks. If you continue on this post, then it is you who are whining that we won't bow down to you guys and maybe reading all our posts some of it has sunk in and your conscience bothers you but you won't admit it. For your information, I feel the right to gloat & truly be happy about a victory and know that the world and the opponents know which team was better, I cite 2008 when we won by a thrashing 39 points !!!

By the way, regarding your nickname, have you been aware that many feel that the flatulation by cows is one of the causes of Global warming-hmmm??? I always thought it was Al Gore's fault. And this hot air is filled with methane gas & is the cause of much of the pollution problems. Do you live in LA ? Ok, hopefully, you can be man--oops person enough--to take some of my tongue & cheek comments lightly & get on with your life & leave us alone to our pleasures derived from discussing the now novel length...

TAINTED TITLE !!! 

DUM...DA...DUM !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

NBA champs for 2010 are the Lakers! :) That FACT will never be taken away. You fundamentalist Boston fanatics can cry til the end of time, make every excuse in the book, delude yourselves that you were "robbed" and the Lakers still won the NBA title in 2010. :) The Lakers beat the Celtics in 2010 & got another title in 2010.  :) Its nice to be a Laker fan throughout the 2000s with 5 titles and 7 trips to the finals. You asked what did Boston do in the 2000s decade? They went to the finals twice and won 1 itty bitty title.  :(
    Posted by rsalas67m

As per your fellow Laker fan, Glasgow, I've become very adept at copying & pasting. I responded to you earlier when you said and I'm paraphrasing that LA won the 2010 title and I acknowledged that with a few other comments. And I agree that if you feel we are crying, full of delusion, in denial, feel we were robbed etc., it ain't going to change the record books. So what do you care how we feel about it ? GO AWAY and enjoy your title. Amen. 

This post is earlier in the day and you might read my remarks to Glasgow right before this post where I've said the Lakers are 2010 champs and the record books will show this and there will be no * asterisk that the title was tainted. So, I asked what do you guys want from us, go away, leave us alone & be happy with your title. It seems you guys are whining because we won't acknowledge that we feel you are the better team and that the title is not tainted. But what we feel will not change the facts so you need not tell us again LA are the Champs-whoopie ! Ok, I'm beating a dead horse here.

Now regarding your post above, I'm copying and pasting from one of mine earlier today something appropriate, I feel.

I remember a comment(s) that "What have you done for me lately" should be applied when it was pointed out that we have 17 titles & the Lakers have 16 and also in our defense head-to-head out of 12 meetings we are 9-3. However, the Laker fan(s) cited that and I don't have the stats that their 3 were in the last 20 years while we had 1 in 2008 and the rest of ours were 20+ years ago with less competition as being an argument.

In no way do I compare the accomplishments of our troops, the real heroes, to those of athletes. I'm a senior so relate probably more so than many to Tom Brokaw's comment the The Greatest Generation was during WW2. I mean this was 70-65 years ago and I do not want to diminish the accomplishment of our troops since in Korea, Viet Nam, Afghanistan & Iraq. When a military person puts his/her life on the line & is facing bullets, bombs etc., it doesn't matter that the war is now or 50-100s of years ago. I am a USMC former officer in the Viet Nam era-actually it was the draft after college that brought me out of New England after 21 years. if you've read my other posts I've mentioned I live in Ca now but in SF, a quaint town very much like Boston, and not LA ---UGH !!!

So if the Greatest Generation of citizens & military was some 65+ years ago, then the value of the majority of titles by the Celtics & their great players 20-30 years ago should in no way be diminished because our closest opponent has more recently.

Strange that LA has a tough time giving accolades-they may have but I just haven't read much about it to the Hall of Famer, George Mikan, & the Minn Lakers. Seems they were a team like the Celtics of old whose accompliments can't possibly be compared to the Lakers of new.  Aha, not a doubled edge sword, however, as they sure enjoy using their titles to include in their 16.

Yup, I know, I'm a bit "tongue & cheek" but a lot of truth in humor they say !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Posted by jimmycslick

Hey fellow posters ...read back through jimmycslick posts and you will see he was one of the 2008 "we only lost because Bynum was out" guys ....so maybe we should give some credit because he certainly does know what a whiner is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Well said, CF, my good friend, you are a hearty, well met fellow. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only whining on this thread is coming out of LA. That's just a fact that can be verified by reading the thread. Too dense to get it, that's my diagnoses. If we all had a dollar for every clever thing the Glass Cow ever said, we'd all be down a dollar.  Haven't you got any sense of humour or intelligence whatsoever? What's the sound of one Glass Cow shattering? It's the sound of laughter on this thread. Stern & Taint:  If you just don't get it, well, that's one thing we can't fix.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Well, you are still confirming it. The continuous whining is just a confirmation that the Celtics were really beaten fair and square. I'll keep bashing you on your whining, so you can count on it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

Dear Mr(s) GlassCow,   A cow is female so I don't know ???

Potbelly, is that what Celtics crybabies have to resort to? If you want a name-calling campaign, I can play.  What are you? a Vietnam vet? 60 years old? and you like to play this game like a 5-year old?

Really sad that the Celtics loss have caused such traumatic behavior ...

You appear as I look through the glass as a bit insecure, on the defense defending the Laker Championship.

Insecure is about your folks' inevitable acceptance of the truth: Celtics were beaten by a better team, and the fact have to be accepted sooner or later. NBA is not going to be silly enough to take away the "illegitimate" championship. Afterall, Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) will be cured over time...

Let me tell you what I think you are very good at.

Let me tell you what you folks are bad at. You think just by creating some illogic then your arguments would have some merits. And these nonsense of "the ref gave the game to the Lakers since they only shot 32%", or "blogs of all other NBA cities support us", blah, blah, blah

These kind of arguments can't withstand a simple rebuttal. I am good at bashing these nonsense. You wouldn't stand a chance.

Defend the championship? Heck, the Lakers are defending champs, something you ABSOLUTELY cannot do anything about...

Ok, may I ask , well I'd prefer you just go away and leave us be, but if you do respond again " what is it exactly you want from us ? "

Why should I go away? this is a public forum, isn't it? Some continuous Celtic whinings are exactly what I am looking for. Heck, I said it before, what beats the Lakers championship is this: mocking the Celtics fans here.

I, and I can't speak for my fellow Celtic fans, concede the following:   1. The Lakers are NBA Champions 2010.   2. The record books will show that they beat the Celtics.   3. There will be no * asterisk next to the title indicating it was tainted.   Do you continue on here because you think we don't know the above and you wish to convince us of it..... ...it is a fact !!!

Of course I don't even think you folks know the facts. Heck, aren't you guys living in a fantasy? Illegitimate championship that cause an NBA investigations, a la Tim Donaghy, fans stop following the NBA, all those nonsense.

However, the manner in which it was accomplished and whether it was deserved based on a superior team winning by pure athletic endeavor is something we are not satisfied with and wish to discuss & we don't need you and your jibberish to try & convince us otherwise.  

Championships don't have to be won by pure athletic endeavor. Luck can play a part, the loser choking can also play a part, a break here and there. That's a 7-game series, not a sweep. However, your Bill Russell once said, in a 7-game series, the better team always wins. And if you are fuming over the manner that it was accomplished, how about the three finals that the Celtics won in the 60s: one a 3-point win in OT (when Russell pushed Baylor on the rebound on Frank Selvy's missed shot), and the other two only by a deuce, not to mention your first ever championship was a 2-point OT win in game 7. Are those games convincing? pure athletic endeavor? Go ahead, enlighten me.

Now what I will not concede to is acknowledging that I, again can't speak for the Celtic fans, don't think the Lakers are the better team.  You made a comment that someone said we were leading the whole game & you then said that the score was very close within minutes after the 4th qtr. started so we were't leading the whole game.

Of course you weren't leading the whole game. That's a fact. Do you know the definition of "whole". The Celtics started this lead from the middle of 2nd quarter to the middle of the 4th quarter, i.e. about 1/2 of the game. Is it in your dictionary that half == whole?

Wow ! How astute you are. Now we were leading until the incompetent Refs decided to award 21 fouls to our 6 all in the 4th Qtr., many phantom calls, many non calls on Lakers, blatant 2-3 step travel by Gasol doing a dunk where I thought he was auditioning for Dancing with the Stars at a very pivotal time in the game.

Now these are not facts either. "Incompetent", "phantom calls", "non calls", "blatant" are not facts. These are just your biased opinions. Too bad the NBA fans, we Lakers fans, etc. do NOT share these opinions. Last week I listed out all the calls that led to Lakers FTs. "The Celtics fouled" are facts. "The refs called the Celtics on phantom fouls" are not facts. These are only your fantasy.

Just one play can change momentum in an athletic contest but when a team gets 15 more foul shots in a qtr. which one really changes the momentum?

So what? when my team was more aggressive on the board, have more energy. Your team played sissy basketball and got killed on the boards. My team went to the hole and your team settled for jump shots. What do you expect? no fouls called on the Celtics? And you complained about incompetent refereeing?

And your cohorts even had the shame of crying "they only shot 32%". In the whole series, the W/L was determined by which team winning the boards, not by which team winning the FG%.

Tell me which foul I listed shouldn't be called. And I'll argue with you tooth and nail.  Go ahead.

So, in addition to not admitting that we feel the Lakers are better we also feel the title is tainted.

You can feel whatever you want. You can feel that you are in love with Paul Pierce, or that you are a better player than Michael Jordan, I can't control people's feeling, especially people with some kind of mental disorder.  Whenever the justifications of that feeling that don't hold water, I can bash them...

But what we feel will not change the aforementioned record-you guys are the champs. I reiterate, what else do you want from us?

Simple, more irrational justifications to support your feeling, like "the Celtics were leading the WHOLE game", "phantom fouls", etc. When there is no NBA to watch, I'll settle for this forum.

Leave us alone & please go on a Laker forum & blow smoke up your own butts about how great your Laker team and its (6-24/25%) MVP played.

See, more nonsense justifications. Do you think the MVP was awarded based on 6-24? How come you never mentioned the 15 rebounds? See how tainted your point of view is? How come you didn't mention the 28.6 PPG, 8 RPG, 3.9 APG in the series? Do you think Finals MVP == Game 7 MVP?

This is called "use facts to lie", by withholding the whole truth. You mean you want to post lies and beg me to leave you alone?

but I most certainy would not be gloating about the victory and going on LA forums hounding the fans & trying to get them to capitulate & agree we were completely deserving & not lucky at all to win the title.

That's you. You don't expect I do whatever you do, do you? On the other hand, I most certainly would not be whining on the refs and gloating a "tainted championship" into August had the Celtics won. So you have your own agenda, so do I.

If you continue on this post, then it is you who are whining that we won't bow down to you guys and maybe reading all our posts some of it has sunk in and your conscience bothers you but you won't admit it.

What kind of logic is that? how about this? if you respond to this post then you are whining inanely, are not living up to reality, but secretly admit the Lakers deserved their title. I'll see how you deal with this.

- if you respond, you lose
    - if you don't respond, you get shut up (i.e. in a long-winded argument that both sides trying to get the last say, you also lose).

Take your pick.

For your information, I feel the right to gloat & truly be happy about a victory and know that the world and the opponents know which team was better, I cite 2008 when we won by a thrashing 39 points !!!

You sure can. However, I would choose back2back championships over 1 year wonder (albeit by winning 39 points in the clinching game) anytime. I mean, if they could win by 39 points, why didn't they save a few for game 7 this year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Hey fellow posters ...read back through jimmycslick posts and you will see he was one of the 2008 "we only lost because Bynum was out" guys ....so maybe we should give some credit because he certainly does know what a whiner is.
    Posted by greenkillme

Funny how Laker fans have such a short memory on this ;)

Seems like on this topic they are desperate for our approval. Fact is only Laker fans think their title is not tainted.

On the other side it helps to have Laker fans here helping this thread get to 1K!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Congratulations, Gtown07, on going over 700 posts for your thread.  Please remember, it is questionable who won any game , where the winner has not won by at least 8-10 pts.  I believe, for several reasons the officiating is too erratic to decide close games.  We have the opportunity to object in a reasonable manner and so why shouldn't we use it if we choose? 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

one of my best and oldest friends (Laker diehard) gave me his opinion over 25 years ago...he believes that a 7 game winner does not define the superior team...if it's tied after 6 things are even...game 7 is an "odd number game".....kind of like sudden death....first team to score wins even if the other team doesn't get the ball....anyway....his point is....to prove team superiority "your team" must beat "my team" in 6 games or less.....that always made sense to me....that is also why the NBA did away with the best 2 of 3 format (well that and money)...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Potbelly, is that what Celtics crybabies have to resort to? If you want a name-calling campaign, I can play.  What are you? a Vietnam vet? 60 years old? and you like to play this game like a 5-year old? Really sad that the Celtics loss have caused such traumatic behavior ... Insecure is about your folks' inevitable acceptance of the truth: Celtics were beaten by a better team, and the fact have to be accepted sooner or later. NBA is not going to be silly enough to take away the "illegitimate" championship. Afterall, Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) will be cured over time... Let me tell you what you folks are bad at. You think just by creating some illogic then your arguments would have some merits. And these nonsense of "the ref gave the game to the Lakers since they only shot 32%", or "blogs of all other NBA cities support us", blah, blah, blah These kind of arguments can't withstand a simple rebuttal. I am good at bashing these nonsense. You wouldn't stand a chance. Defend the championship? Heck, the Lakers are defending champs, something you ABSOLUTELY cannot do anything about... Why should I go away? this is a public forum, isn't it? Some continuous Celtic whinings are exactly what I am looking for. Heck, I said it before, what beats the Lakers championship is this: mocking the Celtics fans here. Of course I don't even think you folks know the facts. Heck, aren't you guys living in a fantasy? Illegitimate championship that cause an NBA investigations, a la Tim Donaghy, fans stop following the NBA, all those nonsense. Championships don't have to be won by pure athletic endeavor. Luck can play a part, the loser choking can also play a part, a break here and there. That's a 7-game series, not a sweep. However, your Bill Russell once said, in a 7-game series, the better team always wins. And if you are fuming over the manner that it was accomplished, how about the three finals that the Celtics won in the 60s: one a 3-point win in OT (when Russell pushed Baylor on the rebound on Frank Selvy's missed shot), and the other two only by a deuce, not to mention your first ever championship was a 2-point OT win in game 7. Are those games convincing? pure athletic endeavor? Go ahead, enlighten me. Of course you weren't leading the whole game. That's a fact. Do you know the definition of "whole". The Celtics started this lead from the middle of 2nd quarter to the middle of the 4th quarter, i.e. about 1/2 of the game. Is it in your dictionary that half == whole? Now these are not facts either. "Incompetent", "phantom calls", "non calls", "blatant" are not facts. These are just your biased opinions. Too bad the NBA fans, we Lakers fans, etc. do NOT share these opinions. Last week I listed out all the calls that led to Lakers FTs. "The Celtics fouled" are facts. "The refs called the Celtics on phantom fouls" are not facts. These are only your fantasy. So what? when my team was more aggressive on the board, have more energy. Your team played sissy basketball and got killed on the boards. My team went to the hole and your team settled for jump shots. What do you expect? no fouls called on the Celtics? And you complained about incompetent refereeing? And your cohorts even had the shame of crying "they only shot 32%". In the whole series, the W/L was determined by which team winning the boards, not by which team winning the FG%. Tell me which foul I listed shouldn't be called. And I'll argue with you tooth and nail.  Go ahead. You can feel whatever you want. You can feel that you are in love with Paul Pierce, or that you are a better player than Michael Jordan, I can't control people's feeling, especially people with some kind of mental disorder.  Whenever the justifications of that feeling that don't hold water, I can bash them... Simple, more irrational justifications to support your feeling, like "the Celtics were leading the WHOLE game", "phantom fouls", etc. When there is no NBA to watch, I'll settle for this forum. See, more nonsense justifications. Do you think the MVP was awarded based on 6-24? How come you never mentioned the 15 rebounds? See how tainted your point of view is? How come you didn't mention the 28.6 PPG, 8 RPG, 3.9 APG in the series? Do you think Finals MVP == Game 7 MVP? This is called "use facts to lie", by withholding the whole truth. You mean you want to post lies and beg me to leave you alone? That's you. You don't expect I do whatever you do, do you? On the other hand, I most certainly would not be whining on the refs and gloating a "tainted championship" into August had the Celtics won. So you have your own agenda, so do I. What kind of logic is that? how about this? if you respond to this post then you are whining inanely, are not living up to reality, but secretly admit the Lakers deserved their title. I'll see how you deal with this. - if you respond, you lose - if you don't respond, you get shut up (i.e. in a long-winded argument that both sides trying to get the last say, you also lose). Take your pick. You sure can. However, I would choose back2back championships over 1 year wonder (albeit by winning 39 points in the clinching game) anytime. I mean, if they could win by 39 points, why didn't they save a few for game 7 this year?
    Posted by GlasgowRangers
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Master of Copying and Pasting the Cherry picking topics upon which you wish to  comment.

Seems you did not go away satisfied that I said the Lakers are Champs 2010 and although we feel the title is tainted, it will not be taken away from them. So, you should be happy. Amen. Leave us alone.

In this post from which you copied & pasted, I ended with the following but seem you paid little heed.

"Ok, hopefully, you can be man--oops person enough--to take some of my tongue & cheek comments lightly & get on with your life & leave us alone to our pleasures derived from discussing the now novel length...

TAINTED TITLE !!! 

DUM...DA...DUM !!! "

So, as a cow has been accused expelling a lot of hot air and causing pollution, I copy and paste a title you gave me. Don't know how tongue & cheek humorous it was intended to be? 

This "Potbellied " Marine VietNam veteran does not wish the last word with you. Personally, I'm in pretty good shape for a senior but, of course, we can all be Rocky Marciano's Uncle on these forums.  It would be like pissing up wind.  What I also did in my youth was box and when my opponents were hurt, many would smile to try to indicate they were not hurt. Your continuance-yes, it's a public forum, free speech etc. and you have every right to be on here as anyone else-indicates something more than self serving satisfaction from boasting about the Laker victory. I've said this "It's a fact, Lakers are Champs in 2010, they beat the Celtics and not-to-worry an * asterisk will not be next to the title denoting it to be questionable/ tainted and has the possibility of being taken away". You mention some victories in the past by Celtics by a couple of points. There were no computers, forums then so I don't know how much gloating was done by fans after those victories.  I ask what you want from us? It seems that LA factually being the Champs is not enough. You want us to concede that they were the better team and we, well many of us at least, don't feel that way.  Posting here allows us to vent, a catharsis of adverse emotions & you seem to delight in it. I'm a fairly happy person and I don't feel the need to slam in people's faces a misfortune-well the loss was to us at least, although not a life and death situation.  Boasting and gloating about being soooo happy about this victory and recent victories as opposed to most of ours years back indicates to me you're a bit insecure and maybe a bit confused about the manner in which the victory was obtained.  I feel you don't need to continue boasting about how happy you are we lost and how happy too that maybe we suffered emotionally from this loss. You don't need to boast and gloat about true happiness, you just feel it inside and sure it makes you smile...but the over the top happiness you're describing is fake and masking a big fault. Paraphrasing Shakespeare, I say " Me thinks you doth protest too much " wanting to argue our feelings to which we are entitled that the better team did not necessarily win the championship irrespective  of the fact that the score showed they did; consequently, the records will too. What are you protesting? Our rights to dispute the manner in which the victory was obtained? The meaning, of course, infers that you might be questioning yourself. OK, enough already, I'm beating a dead horse or maybe a cow.

If you respond and I don't respond to you, please consider this another victory to go along with your team's championship. I have other things more important in my life like dealing with scathing comments from Yankee fans on the Red Sox forum--this too was intended to be a bit humorous so if you are a Yankee fan, please as cows do, don't join the herd !!!

Good luck to you and the Lakers in the future---by the way, I get to see the Lakers a lot as I live in SF and go when they play the Warriors. Nice to hear some 3000 miles away from Beantown " Beat, LA, beat LA" !!!

I'm hoping our teams meet again in the finals and I'm looking forward to Shaq helping us in our quest to dethrone you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Mandobello, You forgot to say  "dethrone you from your Tainted Title"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Mandobello, You forgot to say  "dethrone you from your Tainted Title"
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTEI

I know the title is tainted, many Celtics fans do, many NBA fans do, many true basketball fans do, but Glass Cow does not recognize why it is tainted as we do. So, I've told him that it is a FACT, the Lakers are NBA champs, the record books will indicate this and there will be no * asterisk denoting that the title is tainted. I'm hoping he/she is satisfied with this admission & simply goes away and enjoys his/her tainted tinsel town trophy.

So, greenkillme, there ain't nothing we can do about it, the Lakers are recognized as the NBA champs by the league, irrespective of our Celtic fans' belief the title was not deservingly but questionably earned, so in the eyes of the NBA we need dethrone the Lakers from the record books title holder as NBA champs in 2010. We can't change this fact regardless of our posts on this forum so saying dethrone them from the tainted title is not correct and it is tainted only in the eyes of Celtic fans and many other basketball fans  and sports writers around the USA and not by blinded biased Laker fans. 

Frustrating as it may be for many of us, we'll need live with the expression, we'll get them next time---unfortunately, the wait may seem like an unbearable cruel eternity.But sometimes victory is sweeter when you've waited so long.

Ciao for now...Mandobello

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgb52. Show dgb52's posts

The Celtics were clearly the better team being up 3 - 2  when they choked in game 6

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :
    Mandobello, You forgot to say  "dethrone you from your Tainted Title" Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTEI  I know the title is tainted, many Celtics fans do, many NBA fans do, many true basketball fans do, but Glass Cow does not recognize why it is tainted as we do. So, I've told him that it is a FACT, the Lakers are NBA champs, the record books will indicate this and there will be no * asterisk denoting that the title is tainted. I'm hoping he/she is satisfied with this admission & simply goes away and enjoys his/her tainted tinsel town trophy. So, greenkillme, there ain't nothing we can do about it, the Lakers are recognized as the NBA champs by the league, irrespective of our Celtic fans' belief the title was not deservingly but questionably earned, so in the eyes of the NBA we need dethrone the Lakers from the record books title holder as NBA champs in 2010. We can't change this fact regardless of our posts on this forum so saying dethrone them from the tainted title is not correct and it is tainted only in the eyes of Celtic fans and many other basketball fans  and sports writers around the USA and not by blinded biased Laker fans.  Frustrating as it may be for many of us, we'll need live with the expression, we'll get them next time---unfortunately, the wait may seem like an unbearable cruel eternity.But sometimes victory is sweeter when you've waited so long. Ciao for now...Mandobello
    Posted by mandobello

I think your post is very expressive and what you and others feel about the tainted championship is entirely personal. As it should be, but I'm more in the camp which says that what this is about is competent officiating. I don't really care about the loss to the Lakers as much as it being a loss to the refs. As far as I'm concerned and I think others have said this as well ...the refs stole one from Boston and LA when they did what they did.

So I don't have even a touch of angst about LA having a title. Nothing to get over. The Laker players and team are not to blame and I feel no one heartbeat of emotion about them and this issue. The trolls saying what they are saying is totally unsurprising also and doesn't hold a lot of emotional content for me. More humorous than offensive. They are really confirmatory of the whole idea that this title is tainted. But I do have a great deal of anger that my great NBA sunk to the level of incompetence shown in the officiating of the 4th quarter of game 7.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I think your post is very expressive and what you and others feel about the tainted championship is entirely personal. As it should be, but I'm more in the camp which says that what this is about is competent officiating. I don't really care about the loss to the Lakers as much as it being a loss to the refs. As far as I'm concerned and I think others have said this as well ...the refs stole one from Boston and LA when they did what they did. So I don't have even a touch of angst about LA having a title. Nothing to get over. The Laker players and team are not to blame and I feel no one heartbeat of emotion about them and this issue. The trolls saying what they are saying is totally unsurprising also and doesn't hold a lot of emotional content for me. More humorous than offensive. They are really confirmatory of the whole idea that this title is tainted. But I do have a great deal of anger that my great NBA sunk to the level of incompetence shown in the officiating of the 4th quarter of game 7.
    Posted by greenkillme

I am in total agreement with you that the Tainted Title is not the fault of the Laker Team and the Laker Fans.  Also, you have very astutely said that the comments from trolls is to be expected and you find them more humorous than offensive and that their continuance is an indication of confirmation that the title is questionable.

As I am of Italian decent, I'm a bit more emotional, although I agree the Refs are solely at fault for the title being tainted, I got suckered into some verbal/text combat with some Lakers fans with more details of the results of the Refs' incompetence regarding the disparity in fouls, phantom fouls, non call fouls, non call traveling etc. etc. as I stupidly wanted to try and convince some/any Laker fans that it was the Refs & not their superior team that beat us. Again, as opposed to you, logical & rational about you being focused solely on the tainted title caused by the refs' incompetence, I needed vent and have a catharsis of pent up adverse emotions regarding the loss & manner in which the game was taken from us by citing the details that many, many other posters had done.

I guess what I was seeking was even one LA fan, as I said in a few posts that had the Celtics won in the same manner, I would have been pleased but would have acknowledged that it was strongly accomplished by help from the refs. In fact, I wouldn't have been pleased they did it as I would have preferred the game judged fairly so that the losing team could confirm wholeheartedly they were beaten by a better team as we did in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 points and as the Lakers did to us in Game 6 of this series(had this been game 7 there would never have been this thread).

Greenkillme, I've copied & pasted from a couple of my posts where within in red text I cite Referee incompetence. The rest, of course, is a bit of my emotional ranting...Mea Culpa !!!

"Regarding continuing this post and claims that we are whining, crying and should just man up to we got beat by a better team and that many Celtic fans have accepted the loss except for a few of us continuing this thread, they have a right to move on and we have a right to continue to vent what we consider an injustice. You Laker fans who continue here to tell us to own up that your team was better and that we should accept this and let it go. Why don't you let it go ? Is somebody holding a gun to your head to continue on this board ? No, what it is and you won't admit it, if you are truly NBA fans, is that you have GUILTY CONSCIENCES !!! And if you say, no,  get off the board & leave us to our venting which will hopefully get Stern & officials to delve further into our many claims of maybe not a conspiracy or fix, but just a horrific example of poor referring in a vital game 7.

I've lived in  SF past 40 years( New England for 21) and am a Boston teams fan. The locals here have the same competition with Giants-Dodgers, A's -Angels, Warriors-Lakers, Stanford, Cal-USC, UCLA etc. as we do the Celtics-Lakers, Red Sox-Yankees etc. I would estimate that at least 75% of No. Cal fans root for Boston teams vs. LA.  You can't imagine how many agree we were robbed !!! 

So Laker trolls...take your tainted trophy & stuff it. I reiterate that no one forces you to be on this board so if you don't like what you read & it bothers your consciences as it should, stay away !!!

I am not one who ever said there was a conspiracy, fix etc. Face it, if the refs bet on the game, they still did not allow the Lakers to beat the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread. I commented a few times that it was the unhappiest $100.00 I ever won. In no way do I compare this to the tragedy of 9/11. The outcome was not life & death. As a child I would lose sleep for days when the Celtics or Red Sox lost. And as a senior, I've realized it's only a game & there are many more important things in life but I did toss & turn for a few nights very unhappy. But as we say re: 9/11, Let's not ever forget !!! The game was, unquestionably, decided by, if not crooked refs, incompetent ones and in an important game 7 and some acknowledgement fro the league regarding this might ease the wounds of some Celtic fans and put this issue, at least, to rest. 

I agree with another's post that not only did the Celtics get cheated but the Laker fans & all NBA fans as well. How can the Lakers be proud of a team that shot 32%(we shot 40%), their guy who walks on water shot 6-24 (25%) and they shot 25-37(68%) foul shots & we 15-17(88%) and with their extra 10 points they needed 20 fouls shots or 50% to do it-pretty pathetic for a championship team-seems our defense was pretty good too at the foul line ! It really would have been interesting to have read the LA Sports writers comments on Kobe's 25% and the team's 32% had they lost !!!"

Sections
Shortcuts