Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMan. Show MileHighMan's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I am in total agreement with you that the Tainted Title is not the fault of the Laker Team and the Laker Fans.  Also, you have very astutely said that the comments from trolls is to be expected and you find them more humorous than offensive and that their continuance is an indication of confirmation that the title is questionable. As I am of Italian decent, I'm a bit more emotional, although I agree the Refs are solely at fault for the title being tainted, I got suckered into some verbal/text combat with some Lakers fans with more details of the results of the Refs' incompetence regarding the disparity in fouls, phantom fouls, non call fouls, non call traveling etc. etc. as I stupidly wanted to try and convince some/any Laker fans that it was the Refs & not their superior team that beat us. Again, as opposed to you, logical & rational about you being focused solely on the tainted title caused by the refs' incompetence, I needed vent and have a catharsis of pent up adverse emotions regarding the loss & manner in which the game was taken from us by citing the details that many, many other posters had done. I guess what I was seeking was even one LA fan, as I said in a few posts that had the Celtics won in the same manner, I would have been pleased but would have acknowledged that it was strongly accomplished by help from the refs. In fact, I wouldn't have been pleased they did it as I would have preferred the game judged fairly so that the losing team could confirm wholeheartedly they were beaten by a better team as we did in Game 6 in 2008 by 39 points and as the Lakers did to us in Game 6 of this series(had this been game 7 there would never have been this thread). Greenkillme, I've copied & pasted from a couple of my posts where within in red text I cite Referee incompetence. The rest, of course, is a bit of my emotional ranting...Mea Culpa !!! "Regarding continuing this post and claims that we are whining, crying and should just man up to we got beat by a better team and that many Celtic fans have accepted the loss except for a few of us continuing this thread, they have a right to move on and we have a right to continue to vent what we consider an injustice. You Laker fans who continue here to tell us to own up that your team was better and that we should accept this and let it go. Why don't you let it go ? Is somebody holding a gun to your head to continue on this board ? No, what it is and you won't admit it, if you are truly NBA fans, is that you have GUILTY CONSCIENCES !!! And if you say, no,  get off the board & leave us to our venting which will hopefully get Stern & officials to delve further into our many claims of maybe not a conspiracy or fix, but just a horrific example of poor referring in a vital game 7.   I've lived in  SF past 40 years( New England for 21) and am a Boston teams fan. The locals here have the same competition with Giants-Dodgers, A's -Angels, Warriors-Lakers, Stanford, Cal-USC, UCLA etc. as we do the Celtics-Lakers, Red Sox-Yankees etc. I would estimate that at least 75% of No. Cal fans root for Boston teams vs. LA.  You can't imagine how many agree we were robbed !!!  So Laker trolls...take your tainted trophy & stuff it. I reiterate that no one forces you to be on this board so if you don't like what you read & it bothers your consciences as it should, stay away !!! I am not one who ever said there was a conspiracy, fix etc. Face it, if the refs bet on the game, they still did not allow the Lakers to beat the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread. I commented a few times that it was the unhappiest $100.00 I ever won. In no way do I compare this to the tragedy of 9/11. The outcome was not life & death. As a child I would lose sleep for days when the Celtics or Red Sox lost. And as a senior, I've realized it's only a game & there are many more important things in life but I did toss & turn for a few nights very unhappy. But as we say re: 9/11, Let's not ever forget !!! The game was, unquestionably, decided by, if not crooked refs, incompetent ones and in an important game 7 and some acknowledgement fro the league regarding this might ease the wounds of some Celtic fans and put this issue, at least, to rest.  I agree with another's post that not only did the Celtics get cheated but the Laker fans & all NBA fans as well.  How can the Lakers be proud of a team that shot 32%(we shot 40%), their guy who walks on water shot 6-24 (25%) and they shot 25-37(68%) foul shots & we 15-17(88%) and with their extra 10 points they needed 20 fouls shots or 50% to do it-pretty pathetic for a championship team-seems our defense was pretty good too at the foul line ! It really would have been interesting to have read the LA Sports writers comments on Kobe's 25% and the team's 32% had they lost !!!"
    Posted by mandobello

Wow! So many sour grapes on this thread, do you guys want any cheese with tha t whine? For every bad call against the Celtics in that series, there was a bad call against the Lakers. Watch the games again, and if you deny that fact, you're just showing your ignorance as a basketball fan. It all came down to determination and effort on the players parts. The Lakers just refused to be denied. Like Shaq said, he's played with a lot of great players over the years, but when Kobe decides that he's gonna win, there's not a whole lot anybody can do about it.

I'm not saying there weren't bad calls against the Celtics, I'm just saying that there were just as many against the Lakers, particularly in game 2 when the ball clearly went out of bounds on Garnett (BTW, Van Gundy and Jackson said the same thing), and even after reviewing the play, the officials gave the ball to the Celtics. That play literally cost the Lakers the game, had they received the ball as they should have, they would have had a chance to tie on the next possesion, instead the Celtics scored making it a 5 point game with less than a minute and a half left. The fact that the Lakers were resilient enough to come into a hostile environment at the Garden and take game 3, is a testament to the fact that they have the heart of a champion. This clip pretty much sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hShtVQxuJQ

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wow! So many sour grapes on this thread, do you guys want any cheese with tha t whine? For every bad call against the Celtics in that series, there was a bad call against the Lakers. Watch the games again, and if you deny that fact, you're just showing your ignorance as a basketball fan. It all came down to determination and effort on the players parts. The Lakers just refused to be denied. Like Shaq said, he's played with a lot of great players over the years, but when Kobe decides that he's gonna win, there's not a whole lot anybody can do about it. I'm not saying there weren't bad calls against the Celtics, I'm just saying that there were just as many against the Lakers, particularly in game 2 when the ball clearly went out of bounds on Garnett (BTW, Van Gundy and Jackson said the same thing), and even after reviewing the play, the officials gave the ball to the Celtics. That play literally cost the Lakers the game, had they received the ball as they should have, they would have had a chance to tie on the next possesion, instead the Celtics scored making it a 5 point game with less than a minute and a half left. The fact that the Lakers were resilient enough to come into a hostile environment at the Garden and take game 3, is a testament to the fact that they have the heart of a champion. This clip pretty much sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hShtVQxuJQ
    Posted by MileHighMan

The ball in game two was called out off of Gasol because he fouled Garnett. Gasols hand came down against Garnetts arm and hand. It was either call it off Gasol or call a foul on Gasol. Gasol did the same thing in the 4th quarter of game seven only a worse foul and the refs called it off of Garnett. Should have been two foul shots for Garnett. Gasol also fouled Garnett on a layup and no call was made and Gasol also gouled Rondo by shoving him to the floor. Add those up as 6 foul shots the Celtics should have gotten in the 4th quarter and probably we have a different result. And we haven't even gotten to the several fouls Artest made which weren't called. The clean block on Kobe that was called a foul. The clean block on Gasol which was called a foul. The phantom foul called on BB on a Gasol shot. There is also the no call when Kobe dived into the crowd just becasue they were in the circle but he got two shots, the dive in by Artest who got two foul shots on a noncall. The hack by Artest on Pierce and the call was ball out off Pierce. The all ball block by Rasheed on Gasol called a foul.

Not whining just stating the facts. And you win the award. You are the 30th LA troll to use the expression "want some whine with that cheese". You joined this discussion a little late and you failed to bring anything new. But the fact that you did continues to reinforce a subthread on here that the LA fans who are in denial are doing so because they already know that what we are talking about is true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wow! So many sour grapes on this thread, do you guys want any cheese with tha t whine? For every bad call against the Celtics in that series, there was a bad call against the Lakers. Watch the games again, and if you deny that fact, you're just showing your ignorance as a basketball fan. It all came down to determination and effort on the players parts. The Lakers just refused to be denied. Like Shaq said, he's played with a lot of great players over the years, but when Kobe decides that he's gonna win, there's not a whole lot anybody can do about it. I'm not saying there weren't bad calls against the Celtics, I'm just saying that there were just as many against the Lakers, particularly in game 2 when the ball clearly went out of bounds on Garnett (BTW, Van Gundy and Jackson said the same thing), and even after reviewing the play, the officials gave the ball to the Celtics. That play literally cost the Lakers the game, had they received the ball as they should have, they would have had a chance to tie on the next possesion, instead the Celtics scored making it a 5 point game with less than a minute and a half left. The fact that the Lakers were resilient enough to come into a hostile environment at the Garden and take game 3, is a testament to the fact that they have the heart of a champion. This clip pretty much sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hShtVQxuJQ
    Posted by MileHighMan
    -------------------------------------
    I read your post and masochistically, perhaps, went to watch Shaky Dice K & the Sox with a Triple A line-up today.  It'll be tantamount to Charleston Heston splitting the Red Sea if the Sox win this game although it is only 1-0 Texas after 7 innings.

Firstly let me thank you for acknowledging  that you are not saying there weren't bad calls against the Celtics---many Laker fans would not own up to even one call to be questionable. You want a bad call,  I'll give you a bad call...I quote " Like Shaq said, he's played with a lot of great players over the years, but when Kobe decides that he's gonna win, there's not a whole lot anybody can do about it.".  You mean based on his 6-24(25%), he decided they were to win game 7 and he was named MVP too. Gasol, although he got away with many, many hack jobs, traveling non-calls etc. did a good acting job in the land of many actors & wasn't called. So, instead of not winning Dancing with the Stars with a few steps he took & dunked the ball at a critical time & not got called and not having a chance to win a Academy Award, he, I feel, should have been MVP and not the guy who walks on water.

Ok, Re: what you considered a bad call with the out of bounds ball going to the Celtics in game two. Reading Greenkillme's post he so adequately and in depth covered numerous bad calls against the Celtics. But what he is saying, I think and can't really comment for him, is that this was not one bad call that determined the game but a series of bad calls---AND IN A DETERMINING THE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM GAME !!!  There have been a few single or two bad calls in other sports that determined the game  & some refs have admitted they missed the calls. Although Greenkillme says the out of bounds was really a foul on Gasol, let me go along with your point that you feel LA lost this game because of that call.  I REITERATE, THAT'S ONE CALL !!!   You say "The fact that the Lakers were resilient enough to come into a hostile environment at the Garden and take game 3, is a testament to the fact that they have the heart of a champion. " The key here is that the injustice-I'm not admitting there was one-but if you and the Laker team felt there was one, you only had an overnight or a couple of nights to feel the pain & get out on the floor and mend your wounds. We, on the other hand, feel we had many bad calls-read Greenkillme's post again and if you don't believe all of them, how about 1/2, 1/3 etc. Hmmm??? Could have changed the momentum & outcome of the game. But the key here is the MAGNITUDE OF BAD CALLS AND THE MAGNITUDE OF THE GAME BEING THE FINAL ONE. WE DIDN'T HAVE  A NEXT GAME AS THE LAKERS DID TO MEND OUR WOUNDS. WE NEED WAIT A YEAR TO DO SO.  YOU WANT THE EXAMPLE OF THE HEART OF A CHAMPION. WE GOT THRASHED, ROUTED & DOMINATED IN GAME 6 BY 89-67 OR 22 POINTS. NO ARGUMENT FROM THE CELTIC FANS. BUT WITHOUT OUR STARTING CENTER AND BEST REBOUNDER, I REITERATE WITH THE HEART OF A CHAMPION WE WERE DOMINATING GAME 7 WITH A 13 POINT LEAD UNTIL THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE REFEREES CHANGED THE MOMENTUM AND I REITERATE NOT WITH ONE BAD CALL BUT WITH A DIFFERENCE OF 21 TO 6 IN THE 4TH QTR OR +15, THERE HAD TO BE SOME, AT LEAST, OF THE 15 THAT WERE BAD CALLS & THOSE DETERMINED THE VICTOR OF THE GAME.

Anyway, enjoy your title as you feel it was earned and allow 

some Celtic fans, and non Celtic, just NBA fans to continue to 

believe because of the referees, not the Lakers, because why 

shouldn't they look a gift horse in the mouth and not take 

advantage of 20 more foul shots with such a respectible

percentage of "WOW IMPRESSIVE" 50% giving the team 10 

more points & routing us by 4 pts! Too bad time ran out, just 

another 10 fouls called on Celtics and at 50% or with 5 more 

points, they'd beaten the Vegas 7 1/2 point spread.

You think I'm whining...nope !!!  But as you enjoy your tainted 

title, I enjoy Laker trolls continuing on here trying to get us to 

accept that the Lakers were the better team and the fouls' 

disparity was not due to Referee incompetence. You guys are 

actually the ones whining and our posts really disturb you or 

you'd just go away. You certainly don't aggravate me continuing 

here but seem to be aggravating yourselves !

OK, I'm beating a dead horse here !!! Hope we meet again in 

the finals next year!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - Well said, CF, my good friend, you are a hearty, well met fellow. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the only whining on this thread is coming out of LA. That's just a fact that can be verified by reading the thread. Too dense to get it, that's my diagnoses. If we all had a dollar for every clever thing the Glass Cow ever said, we'd all be down a dollar.  Haven't you got any sense of humour or intelligence whatsoever? What's the sound of one Glass Cow shattering? It's the sound of laughter on this thread. Stern & Taint:  If you just don't get it, well, that's one thing we can't fix.
    Posted by RajonRondowski
            Thanks, for the compliment.  I can't believe how this thread just keeps rolling along.  All sides of the debate have contributed heavily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Surprised to see you in this thread, hedley. Aren't you the flag-bearer for no whining among Celtics fans?
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

I am not whining.  The lakers were the better team, you know I've said that.  BUT, I was called out by the cowardly cow - when I didn't even want to be. On his best day he is no match for me and he knows it.  As you know, I am pretty resilient.  Perhaps you could inform the cow that I do not belong among the SMALL group of Celtics fans who feel this is tainted.  I am done conversing with him on this or any other thread. He comes on once a week and then hides!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I am not whining.  The lakers were the better team, you know I've said that.  BUT, I was called out by the cowardly cow - when I didn't even want to be. On his best day he is no match for me and he knows it.  As you know, I am pretty resilient.  Perhaps you could inform the cow that I do not belong among the SMALL group of Celtics fans who feel this is tainted.  I am done conversing with him on this or any other thread. He comes on once a week and then hides!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Hedley I think you should  reconsider. This is not whining. If you have been reading through this thread the equation has evolved into something very important. Briefly...The NBA wishes the fans to take it seriously. The fans want to take it seriously. The players want to have it taken seriously so they can get millions of dollars in pay. The loss of the fans confidence can mean millions to the NBA and the players. The loss of the fans confidence takes away what we fans love and is of incalcualbe value to us and our culture. All of that demands that the officiating in the NBA be competent. The officiating in the 4th quarter of game 7 was not competent. We deserve better as fans of the NBA, the Celtics and even the fans of the Lakers deserve better.

Anyone who wants to reduce this to a claims of whining like it was one call (like the Lakers fans did about the one call in Game 2 when they called the ball off Gasol when Garnett touched it last) is missing the point. We deserve and demand competent officiating and we have to be able to talk about it just in case it actually results in the improvment of the Game. We certainly aren't going to hear the players or the coaches or front office talk about it with the suppression that Stern brings down everytime someone in the business trys to discuss it. It is probably only the fans who can have a legitimate public discussion about officiating competence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

everyone wants better officiating, always all the time, especially when your team loses - the NFL and MLB seem to be making real efforts to improve - tennis did this years ago, the NBA did add that replay rule in the last 2 minutes - but, when that is used - it just shows how many of the calls are not correct.  What was it 3 for 3 at the end of game 7, all were changed.  come on - what does that say about the rest of the game, or any other game, there are tons of calls that are not correct - you still see calls that are clearly makeup calls - W#F, seriously, the veritable makeup call is still alive and well -- maybe the game is just too hard to see everything, like they say you could call holding on each NFL play, but you always see the replays in the NFL and they explain the calls, and usually I'm like - oh, I get that - I see what they called, but watching NBA replays, too often the fans reactions is, "Wow, they really managed to blow that call" -- sometimes it is so bad, refs don't appear to even know the rules - and will miss the same call during a game multiple times, not because they didn't see it, but because they honestly don't know all the rules, or maybe forgot, or can't count to 3?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

everyone wants better officiating, always all the time, especially when your team loses - the NFL and MLB seem to be making real efforts to improve - tennis did this years ago, the NBA did add that replay rule in the last 2 minutes - but, when that is used - it just shows how many of the calls are not correct.  What was it 3 for 3 at the end of game 7, all were changed.  come on - what does that say about the rest of the game, or any other game, there are tons of calls that are not correct - you still see calls that are clearly makeup calls - W#F, seriously, the veritable makeup call is still alive and well -- maybe the game is just too hard to see everything, like they say you could call holding on each NFL play, but you always see the replays in the NFL and they explain the calls, and usually I'm like - oh, I get that - I see what they called, but watching NBA replays, too often the fans reactions is, "Wow, they really managed to blow that call" -- sometimes it is so bad, refs don't appear to even know the rules - and will miss the same call during a game multiple times, not because they didn't see it, but because they honestly don't know all the rules, or maybe forgot, or can't count to 3?
    Posted by jeezem

Jeezem, I really liked your post up to the part where you said: the "refs don't appear to even know the rules", etc..  I disagree with that part.  They know the rules. For several reasons, the refs end up in a quandry.  You explained some of that analysis yourself.  One prominent reason is similar to all the speeders you see on the freeway.  What % gets nailed for a ticket?  Very small.  The drivers control the freeways more than the Highway Patrol.  In the NBA there is so much fouling, the players, not the refs control the game.  No wonder it is very hard to tell who won in close games.  The NBA refs and the Highway Patrol try to maintain some kind of control.  Sometimes control is fairness, sometimes it is inequality. Both authorities are trying to officiate in a very tough situation.  In addition, there are other reasons.  The above post I responded to was mostly excellant.
                                        Please drive safely      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Hedley I think you should  reconsider. This is not whining. If you have been reading through this thread the equation has evolved into something very important. Briefly...The NBA wishes the fans to take it seriously. The fans want to take it seriously. The players want to have it taken seriously so they can get millions of dollars in pay. The loss of the fans confidence can mean millions to the NBA and the players. The loss of the fans confidence takes away what we fans love and is of incalcualbe value to us and our culture. All of that demands that the officiating in the NBA be competent. The officiating in the 4th quarter of game 7 was not competent. We deserve better as fans of the NBA, the Celtics and even the fans of the Lakers deserve better. Anyone who wants to reduce this to a claims of whining like it was one call (like the Lakers fans did about the one call in Game 2 when they called the ball off Gasol when Garnett touched it last) is missing the point. We deserve and demand competent officiating and we have to be able to talk about it just in case it actually results in the improvment of the Game. We certainly aren't going to hear the players or the coaches or front office talk about it with the suppression that Stern brings down everytime someone in the business trys to discuss it. It is probably only the fans who can have a legitimate public discussion about officiating competence.
    Posted by gtown07

-

This is not whining.

All the LA trolls who can't stop themselves from posting here and propagating the  longevity of this thread try to characterize this thread as whining.  Just once I'd like to see one of them point out just where we can find this whining.  They must be able to pull some quotes to back up this claim that there is whining going on.

But to call an opinion that you do not like "whining", is a form of whining in and of itself.

I've said if before, and I'll keep saying it, the only whining on this thread is coming out of LA.

Stern & Taint:  We represent Vintage LA Whiners, Sniffle, Snarl & Sneer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - This is not whining. All the LA trolls who can't stop themselves from posting here and propagating the  longevity of this thread try to characterize this thread as whining.  Just once I'd like to see one of them point out just where we can find this whining.  They must be able to pull some quotes to back up this claim that there is whining going on. But to call an opinion that you do not like "whining", is a form of whining in and of itself. I've said if before, and I'll keep saying it, the only whining on this thread is coming out of LA. Stern & Taint:  We represent Vintage LA Whiners, Sniffle, Snarl & Sneer.
    Posted by RajonRondowski
           Hey Rondowski,  I'll bet that when some of the LA fans went to Reform School, they had to learn not to do the 3 S's.  Don't Sniffle, Snarl & Sneer.  Didn't daze lurn dis in ettikit klass?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

I just woke up after a month long sleep. And YES, the Lakers won the NBA title in 2010 & it doesn't matter how long the crybabies continue to whine & scream that they was "robbed."

The better team won, plain & simple. It's not complicated. The Lakers have the trophy and will get their rings. And all the venting and pouting won't change that. I think Laker fans should call for a collection to send baby bibs to those few Boston fans that have been on suicide since the end of the finals.

It's a wonderful summer!  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

I just woke up after a month long sleep. And YES, the Lakers won the NBA title in 2010 & it doesn't matter how long the crybabies continue to whine & scream that they was "robbed." The better team won, plain & simple. It's not complicated. The Lakers have the trophy and will get their rings. And all the venting and pouting won't change that. I think Laker fans should call for a collection to send baby bibs to those few Boston fans that have been on suicide since the end of the finals. It's a wonderful summer!  :)
    Posted by rsalas67m

And if you didn't know what we are saying was true you wouldn't bother posting. Thank you for proving us right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : And if you didn't know what we are saying was true you wouldn't bother posting. Thank you for proving us right.
    Posted by gtown07

That makes about as much sense as saying that if you didn't know that the Lakers were the superior team you wouldn't have bothered to begin this thread.

whining - to complain with or as if with a whine <always whining about the weather> (Merriam-Webster)

The Lakers won the title. You are the one complaining about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : That makes about as much sense as saying that if you didn't know that the Lakers were the superior team you wouldn't have bothered to begin this thread. whining - to complain with or as if with a whine <always whining about the weather /> (Merriam-Webster) The Lakers won the title. You are the one complaining about it.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

Then you guys are whining about the whining ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]The more this thread drags out, the more obvious it is that gtown doesn't have a clue as to how to end this fiasco... without acknowledging obvious defeat. So gtown lets this thread drag on with nothing to show for her efforts because she doesn't want to admit that nothing has changed and that she has nowhere to go. Plus she can't stop the thread. It will simply go on without her if she chooses to try to disengage. The other side is all to happy to let this thread drag on and on and on because it makes  Celtic fans look bad. So they are not motivated to disengage. They are having fun, reveling in our discontent. So we have a stalemate... well, not exactly a stalemate. The Lakers are still holding the 2010 trophy and are all to happy to help us give ourselves a great big black eye. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE

What conclusion was necessary? What did GTown need to show for her efforts? She never said anything was needed to be shown that I saw and only encouraged a discussion. This was never a game and why try to stop the LA trolls from demonstrating their obvious discontent. Because the Celtic fans look bad they have no motivation to disengage? Wouldn't the opposit be true in reality. No one has ever denied that the Lakers held the trophy. No one has ever suggested that it be taken away. If the LA trolls are reveling in our discontent then we are cheering with glee when we get them to complain about this thread since we know it confirms that they know we are right.

Celtic fans don't look bad. You look bad because you don't get it. All this has ever been has been a discussion. The fact that a few name callers and insulters don't get it or get it but won't admit it matters not at all. As for you if you don't like it why bother reading it. Because you are personally irritated doesn't mean a thing to me. What is up with that anyway? Why are you so personally offended?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

The more this thread drags out, the more obvious it is that gtown doesn't have a clue as to how to end this fiasco... without acknowledging obvious defeat. So gtown lets this thread drag on with nothing to show for her efforts because she doesn't want to admit that nothing has changed and that she has nowhere to go. Plus she can't stop the thread. It will simply go on without her if she chooses to try to disengage. The other side is all to happy to let this thread drag on and on and on because it makes  Celtic fans look bad. So they are not motivated to disengage. They are having fun, reveling in our discontent. So we have a stalemate... well, not exactly a stalemate. The Lakers are still holding the 2010 trophy and are all to happy to help us give ourselves a great big black eye. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin
           Some years ago, many major league baseball umps would call pitches wide of the strike zone, a strike.  Also they would not call the actual high strike.  The amount of inconsistancy was unacceptable.  Baseball wised up and now the calling of pitches is closer to the actual strike zone. I think it made the game more creditable.  All most of us are asking, is that the officiating in NBA basketball become creditable to an acceptable degree.  This way if a basketball team wins by 3-4 pts. we can say they truly won the game.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :
    The more this thread drags out, the more obvious it is that gtown doesn't have a clue as to how to end this fiasco... without acknowledging obvious defeat. So gtown lets this thread drag on with nothing to show for her efforts because she doesn't want to admit that nothing has changed and that she has nowhere to go. Plus she can't stop the thread. It will simply go on without her if she chooses to try to disengage. The other side is all to happy to let this thread drag on and on and on because it makes  Celtic fans look bad. So they are not motivated to disengage. They are having fun, reveling in our discontent. So we have a stalemate... well, not exactly a stalemate. The Lakers are still holding the 2010 trophy and are all to happy to help us give ourselves a great big black eye. Pud Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE  What conclusion was necessary? What did GTown need to show for her efforts? She never said anything was needed to be shown that I saw and only encouraged a discussion. This was never a game and why try to stop the LA trolls from demonstrating their obvious discontent. Because the Celtic fans look bad they have no motivation to disengage? Wouldn't the opposit be true in reality. No one has ever denied that the Lakers held the trophy. No one has ever suggested that it be taken away. If the LA trolls are reveling in our discontent then we are cheering with glee when we get them to complain about this thread since we know it confirms that they know we are right. Celtic fans don't look bad. You look bad because you don't get it. All this has ever been has been a discussion. The fact that a few name callers and insulters don't get it or get it but won't admit it matters not at all. As for you if you don't like it why bother reading it. Because you are personally irritated doesn't mean a thing to me. What is up with that anyway? Why are you so personally offended?
    Posted by greenkillme

-

You said a mouthful there, greenie.  but don't expect an intelligent answer, after all, you know who you're dealing with, right.

Anyone who would write this: "The other side is all to happy to let this thread drag on and on and on because it makes  Celtic fans look bad. So they are not motivated to disengage. They are having fun, reveling in our discontent."  and expect to be taken seriously must be laboring under some profound discontent himself in presuming to speak for others.

I't very funny, but in a pathetic sort of way, if you know what I mean.

Stern & Taint:  We Represent the Ignorant

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :        Some years ago, many major league baseball umps would call pitches wide of the strike zone, a strike.  Also they would not call the actual high strike.  The amount of inconsistancy was unacceptable.  Baseball wised up and now the calling of pitches is closer to the actual strike zone. I think it made the game more creditable.  All most of us are asking, is that the officiating in NBA basketball become creditable to an acceptable degree.  This way if a basketball team wins by 3-4 pts. we can say they truly won the game.   
    Posted by cavaliersfan

this is a good comparison - and they show you a diagram of the pitches and the zone basically after each pitch.  some calls are missed like the one that cost the guy that perfect game, but the effort is really there to make it as good as possible and better every year.  many of the calls in hoops are speculative, called one time, not the next, they also don't do a good job of explaining calls as they happen, blame that on the announcers not really knowing the rules, but that is supposed to be the fun of the competition, 5 guys on each team, the rules are the rules, the better team that can play by the rules wins - many of the rules in the NBA have been distorted anyway, so the game is very compromised - carry, travel - really basic stuff, it doesn't make it a better game to watch if on every posession there are multiple violations that don't get called, I can't be very impressed at the players skill level, if they aren't required to play with the basic fundamental skills you learn in parks and recreation play as a 10 year old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Try to be a revisionist again? Fact: Gasol didn't foul Rondo, clear grab of that last offensive rebound. Fact: Gasol didn't foul Garnett, clean block. Fact: Allen fouled Kobe on the 3 point shot. Blame it on Allen for making a brainless foul. Fact: Artest defended Pierce fair and square, no foul. This isn't a sissy league. See, how come your facts don't fit into the actual facts? See, no matter how many times you try, whenever you post your lies as facts here, I'll update you with the real FACTS.
    Posted by GlasgowRangers

Thanks for posting. Gasol elevated by putting his hand on Rondo's shoulder long before he touched the ball. He did the same thing to Garnett and they called the ball off Garnett. I have never argued the Allen foul. 

I like you comment that this isn't a sissy league because that is exactly how they started calling it in the 4th quarter. They called a sissy foul on BB. They called a sissy foul on Garnett and Shasheed. They called a sissy foul on Pierce. 

Conversly they knew the Celtics didn't need to play sissy ball since they failed to call Gasol for fouling Garnett on that layup and they failed to call Artest for hacking Pierce. They failed to call anything on Fisher as he manhandled Allen. They failed to call Gasol when he hammered Rondo. I guess they felt that the Celtics were real men playing real man basketball and the lakers needed some protection because the Lakers were playing your sissy ball.

Makes perfect sense to me. Lakers needed protection from the big bad Celtics.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

clicking on "ignore" condenses this discussion big time....it's fun to have good debates...but name calling and being rude is for adolescents....I cannot believe that if all the posters were in the same room that this would happen....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

clicking on "ignore" condenses this discussion big time....it's fun to have good debates...but name calling and being rude is for adolescents....I cannot believe that if all the posters were in the same room that this would happen....
    Posted by Duke4

-

Oh, I think they would, but some of these trolls would get punched out too.

Listen to what the Glass Cow has to say after crawling out of his hole for his weekly cut & paste:

"if you are man enough, you should accept this defeat fair and square two months after the fact. So are you going to show us your manhood?"

Trolls and apologists will try desperately to spin the facts to suit their pathetic stabs at debate and oft times are so far off topic that is is truly laughable as this thread has been in a constant state of evolution and, it has never been about LA or LA fans except when they make it so. 

Here's the facts and just the facts about the trolls,  Ma'am:  They just don't get it, it's an inside joke, and they will never be insiders, and the joke is on them.

Every time they try to spin their desperate lunacy on this board we just nod and laugh, and think, another sucker contributing toward 800 and then on to ad infinitum. 

Com'on on down, boys, a winner every time, step right up, everyone's a winner.

This thread is about a Tainted Championship, a damaged and maybe even corrupt NBA that many fans are disgusted with because the league is spoiling a sport we love  . . .  and it all starts with the officiating.  We love to use Game 7 of the 2010 Taint as an example because most viewers, except for some LA fans, thought it the worse officiating ever, a joke, and it calls into question the game's legitimacy.

But this thread is also about the LA trolls who came on our discussion board and tried to swamp this board with gloating and idiocy.   Instead of visiting or forming their own Laker discussion board they tried to come here and disrupt our board like a bunch of juvenile delinquents.  But now the joke is on them and all the whining coming out of LA only confirms that joyful fact.  If the shoe fits, wear it, trolls.  We love seeing you squirm while helping us to mock you.  It's almost frightening to see people so clue-less.  But we still enjoy it.

BTW, I 'm happy to be post #752 on the Tainted Championship Thread.

Stern & Taint:  Representing Glass Cows and Pud Pullers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Posted by Duke4

Sure it would!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Posted by Duke4

Great post.  I agree.  Did you ever notice people will sometimes say things over the phone or post things, they would never say to your face.  Even adolescants should try to mind their manners.  Its okay to needle or joke around but be respectful.  When I was a lot younger I trash talked because I thought it was funny to get involved in all the b*ll busting.  It can be funny sometimes but other times misunderstandings and hurt feelings will produce serious reprocussions.  I had to learn my lesson. ...............  A lot of things don't go perfectly in life.  Even now, if I am responsible for creating a misunderstanding or I hurt somebodies' feelings, I try to take steps to cure the situation.  Sorry, I didn't mean to preach, but I thought this was important. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :         Great post.  I agree.  Did you ever notice people will say things over the phone or post things, they would never say to your face.  Even adolescants should try to mind their manners.  Its okay to needle or joke around but be respectful.  When I was a lot younger I trash talked because I thought it was funny to get involved in all the b*ll busting.  It can be funny sometimes but other times misunderstandings and hurt feelings will produce serious reprocussions.  I had to learn my lesson. ...............  A lot of things don't go perfectly in life.  Even now, if I am responsible for creating a misunderstanding or I hurt somebodies' feelings, I try to take steps to cure the situation.  Sorry, I didn't mean to preach but I thought this was important. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

-

Well, youse taut wrong, CF, an eben dough youse a fren o mines youse gots a lottsa noive to cum-on hear an lefcture da likes o us'ens in civility as ifin youse da pictureoperfection and den sum.

Da hole objec o da trolls who cum-on hear is to offend and hurt our delikate feelings, an I's caint hep it ifin deys knot doing a very gud job o dat desprite dare mostly humbvly an embarrsingling efferts.

Ssso save yer lefectures fer yer former king who's now da king o nothin er LeBron the Traitor an leav us savages to R own undoing er whatever.

Stern & Taint:  We Book Lefctures by Self-Rightous Lefecturers 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Tainted? No. The Lakers won fair and square. I will always believe that if it weren't for Ray Allen's horrible shooting from Game 3 onwards, we'd be champs today. That slump cost them the title.
    Posted by cshashaty

I totally  agree, RA could not shoot it in the ocean, and that was
    a horrible time to be so off in shooting.

Sections
Shortcuts