Tainted Championship...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Tainted Championship...

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : To be fairER - this is a Celtics forum, not lakers.  Were you not here last year when the lakers won?  Did we not offer congratulations to the lakers on beating us?  Sometimes I think you just read my posts!!  To be FAIR??   Coming from you that's an oxymoron.  I never make excuses and give credit where it's due, and you have the nerve to talk to me about FAIR????? This is a Celtics forum, we are happy the lakers lost, but we don't go on the LA Times and GLOAT about it!!  Do you even remotely comprehend that?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Actually...no. The VAST majority on this forum couldn't bring themselves to offer congratulations.

Most offered excuses...from the officiating, to putting an asterisk next to our title, to saying Kobe intentionally injured Perkins. An endless supply of excuses.

And of course their was your very own "Tainted Championship" thread. Did you forget all that already? No, most of the Celtics fans were just bitter. So, don't paint yourselves as saints...similar to how many of you make Red Auerbach out to be the patriarch of class (which couldn't be further from the truth).

You guys (and your team) are what you are...bitter rivals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]When heaven and earth have disappeared, Lakers and Celtics fans will still be going at it.  Last year it was over the two best teams beating each other up for 7 games to grab the title. This year it's over who played worse.  It's tough for me.  First off, the Lakers loss is tarnished by the poor actions of Odom and Bynum.  I'll give Celtics fans that all day long.  And in the end, I do believe that whole 'it's how you play the game' thing.  So records aside, LA had an opportunity to bow out gracefully, but took cheap shots that are not characteristic of, what really is a great franchise. Looking at the games, while 4-1 is a less embarassing stat than 4-0, neither of them are really worth gloating about.  I can honestly say, I'd rather have had the Lakers win a game, and not take cheap shots on their way out.  I really believe the bulk of Lakers fans agree.  I really do love the Lakers franchise, so it's my job as a Lakers fan to voice my complete disappointment with the players when they damage the franchise, which is what we saw in game 4. 
    Posted by cofj[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear from a rare Laker fan with class.  Too bad your other Laker fans feel so proud of the way you guys went out that they feel like they need to come here to another team's board and trash on their team, when everyone in the media and even their own ex-players are saying that this team not only got punked but showed no dignity.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : That's one bitter little man...I'm assuming your a man! Well, at least I got the "bitter" right.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

okay, who's the bitter little man here?  Trolling around another team's board trashing their team when yours just got punked is really cool.  Typical of the classless laker fan you are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Well let me get in this..........Those two records are almost the same but there is a difference between going out with dignity and fighting like a true champion than just quitting in the face of adversity. Like i said almost same record but..................... 1. Celtics went out like champions. 2. Lakers went out like CHUMPS. PS. Lakers are laughing stock of the entire NBA.
    Posted by Wade3[/QUOTE]

The way the Celtics went out EXACTLY reminds me of the Timberwolves' first two losses to the Spurs this past regular season.

How could a team with so many vets lose all the poise in crunch time? make all these rookie mistakes in crunch time?

The Celtics went out like the Timberwolves. Are the Wolves Champs or Chumps? you tell me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Notice you waited until we lost before posting.  Just wondering where you were after the lakers got toasted in 4 games!! THAT's REAL guts!!  And, for the record, gloating is making someone who feels badly feel worse.........is that not your motive for coming on here.  Your team is also DONE - can you accept that, or are you in such denial you have to come here??

For the record, you didn't just say gloating, you said

"I'm wondering why you feel the need to come on here and GLOAT about your team".

Here "your team" refers to my team, the Lakers. You still haven't been able to cite where I gloat about the Lakers.

So are you going to retract what you said or not?

The reason I didn't post right after the Lakers elimination is simple, it's only a matter of 3 days...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Excellent analysis MajicMVP!!  The Lakers and their fans do not take pride in losing, as apparently celtic fans do. All this "we played hard and we lost with dignity and class" - Who cares, you still lost.  Since winning is not the norm in beantown as evidenced by their 22 year championship drought, their bandwagon fans try to console each other with these idiotic type of statements.

Sad and pathetic... yet also hilarious, and even funnier to see a heat fan on here congratulating them for injuring their point guard and eliminating them. Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Another lie - the lakers beat us last year, no excuses.  What I have said was IF we had HCA, the outcome may have been different, and there is doucumented evidence to support that.  The lakers went 11-1 at home last year.  I have never, EVER said the ONLY reason the lakers won last year was because of anything.....man I shall not miss your "spin".  Do me a favor - just ignore me on my last day!

Got your private message, thanks.  If you look at your original post that I responded to, you used the term "did WE not congratulate" which I interpreted as a reference to Celtics fans in general, and then in my reponse I used the term "you all", also referring generally to Celtics fans, not to you personally.  In contrast, I am actually addressing you individually this time.  Do you understand the difference?  Did you say you teach high school?  I hope it's not high school English.  Anyway, it's possible you may follow through on your promise, so if this is it, I must say it was fun while it lasted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Nice to hear from a rare Laker fan with class.  Too bad your other Laker fans feel so proud of the way you guys went out that they feel like they need to come here to another team's board and trash on their team, when everyone in the media and even their own ex-players are saying that this team not only got punked but showed no dignity.  
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I don't know why some Lakers fans are acting like they're ok with the way it ended.  It just wasn't good for any sport. 

Back in, I think it was 2001, maybe 2002, the Lakers drew Portland in the first round.  It was 2001 actually, the year they swept the Western Conference playoffs. 

Anyways, in game 4 vs. portland, the blazers started taking cheap shot on LA, and 2 trailblazers were ejected from the game.  Bill Walton was furious at the antics of those players, for tarnishing the organization.  Just as Magic and West have felt the same about this year's Lakers. 

Look, the 2011 Lakers have some great things about them, but it's just pointless to defend that last game.  It's almost like an insecurity.  Some fans just can't see anything wrong with their team.  That goes for all fans.

OC, you've always been a class act yourself.  I enjoy all your post btw.  Objective and reasonable.  Glad you feel the same :).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

You epitomize the classess laker troll on this board (QDaddy, FakerNation, etc.). Everyone knows both teams lost in the second round.  But it does matter how you win and how you lose.  If all you care about is whether you win or lose, then go ahead and keep getting thugs like Artest, Bynum, Lamar Kardashian, etc.  Both teams have won in the past, and now both are eliminated.  In the process, your team showed that they are quitters and cannot lose with class, while we showed that we do not quit and we can lose with class. 

Go ahead with your jeers and say it doesn't matter how you win or lose, it just shows that your character matches that of your team.  You prove us all right everytime you put up one of your classless posts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

cofj, thanks.  you are a class act but I know that I am not compeltely objective.  While I am not afraid to call out my team when deserved, I do know that I will go the extra mile to knock the Lakers.  Unfortunately for Laker fans this year I didn't have to do too much Laker bashing....they humiliated themselves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]You epitomize the classess laker troll on this board (QDaddy, FakerNation, etc.). Everyone knows both teams lost in the second round.  But it does matter how you win and how you lose.  If all you care about is whether you win or lose, then go ahead and keep getting thugs like Artest, Bynum, Lamar Kardashian, etc.  Both teams have won in the past, and now both are eliminated.  In the process, your team showed that they are quitters and cannot lose with class, while we showed that we do not quit and we can lose with class.  Go ahead with your jeers and say it doesn't matter how you win or lose, it just shows that your character matches that of your team.  You prove us all right everytime you put up one of your classless posts.

And go ahead and please enlighten us on two points.

1) Quitters -how exactly did the Lakers quit?

the series was lost - no team has ever comeback from 3-0.

the game was lost - it's a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter, and the Lakers couldn't stop the Mavs shooting. The Mavs were shooting the lights out. One was 9-10 in 3-pointer land and another one was 6-6. The team was 20-32. I mean, they don't do that even in the 3-point contest. But once the other team was doing that in the game, what could the Lakers do? It's obvious that the Lakers couldn't hang with the Mavs as far as basketball was concerned. The Lakers had problem with 3-point defense all season. Phoenix went 22-40, 2nd most in NBA history, against them in the Lakers' 2nd loss in the season. The team was 20th in opponents 3-point made the past season. So what do you expect them to do?

Lemme guess, you think the Lakers should be a little more aggressive? show some mean spirit? hack the other players? Is that what they are supposed to do in order not to be called "quitters"?

I mean, since you folks are equating getting blown out to quitting, then you have nothing to write home about. Just in the Paul Pierce era:

2005 game 7 Pacers 97 Celtics 70 - at Boston
    2009 game 7 Magic 101 Celtics 82 - at Boston

Funny the Celtics lost game 7 at home 4 times (along with the 1982 and 1973 losses) in their history. The average margin of all those losses were 19.0 points. When things are not going well in a home game 7, they didn't just lose. They QUITTED.

I haven't even gone to the Finals game 6 last year, when the Celtics quitted while facing a big deficit...

2) Lose with class - Yep, the cheap shots were classless. You would be hard pressed to find a Laker fan or anyone in the organization condoning those two fouls. Bynum got his suspension already. He already issued an apology in public. Anything else?

So the Lakers should trade Bynum to the Wolves for Darko Milicic and Nikola Pekovic in order to maintain a "class" organization, is that what you mean?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Majic,
    No one equates merely getting blown out to quitting.  Did you hear anyone here say that the lakers quit in Game 2?  I'll tell you the difference between the two games you cite versus what happened to the lakers:

- '05:  The Celtics were down 3-2 heading back to Indiana, if they had gotten blown out in G6 in Indy then yes, I would say that they quit.  But they pulled out a close win in Indiana to stay alive and send the series back to Boston.  It was a close game at halftime but Indiana's defense locked down and they could not score in the second half.  It's not like they decided not to play defense and let Indy score 120-130 on them.  The C's second best player was Antoine Walker, c'mon, not quite the second Big 3 era yet I might add.

-'09:  It was a five point deficit after three quarters.  The deeper team pulled away in the final quarter.  Our starting PF was Glen Davis and back-up big was Mikki Moore.  This team overachieved to get as far as they did.

So what's the difference?  In the '08 closeout game and Mavs G4 the lakers had folded by halftime and played ZERO defense, being down over 20 by halftime.  Do you think that it's a coincidence that the C's and Mavs shot the lights out in those games?  There's a reason for the lights out shooting: it's because the lakers chose to QUIT and not play D.  On top of that, these were not undermanned teams.  In '08 you were favored by most sportswriters to beat Boston and this year you had your full roster and were picked by ALL sportswriters to beat the Mavs.
    C'mon Majic, your idol, the real Magic, even says that they quit and showed no class in the process.  This was clear to everybody including most laker fans I talk to around here.  Only the trolls on this board defend the lakers with the "win is a win loss is a loss" excuse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]You epitomize the classess laker troll on this board (QDaddy, FakerNation, etc.). Everyone knows both teams lost in the second round.  But it does matter how you win and how you lose.  If all you care about is whether you win or lose, then go ahead and keep getting thugs like Artest, Bynum, Lamar Kardashian, etc.  Both teams have won in the past, and now both are eliminated.  In the process, your team showed that they are quitters and cannot lose with class, while we showed that we do not quit and we can lose with class.  Go ahead with your jeers and say it doesn't matter how you win or lose, it just shows that your character matches that of your team.  You prove us all right everytime you put up one of your classless posts.

My, my, my...isn't it funny how you C's fans like to forget about your teams own "sordid" past with your OWN thugs and classless players:

Kevin McHale, the very EPITOME of a thug. His clothesline of Kurt Rambis was seen from coast-to-coast...and you people praised him by saying "he's just a tough player".

Paul Pierce, his wheelchair theatrics in the '08 Finals was completely classless...anything to stir up the crowd, including faking an injury.

Kevin Garnett, called Charlie Villanueva "a cancer". Another Celtic player who went way overboard and showed his true character.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I can look further into the C's past and come up with a whole laundry list of thugs or classless acts by your own "men in green", but I've made my point. Even Red Auerbach was well despised by most players and others in the coaching fraternity with his arrogance and "cigar smoking" theatrics.

Your C's won ONE game against the Heat. That didn't show class or even that your team had any heart. It just showed they were "beatdown" by the Heat...just like the Lakers were.

Regardless, the Lakers are our team and YES, we're still proud of their accomplishments and their season. I don't lose any sleep what other fans think about our team. There's a lot of "haters" out there who wish their team could have accomplished half of what the Lakers have. And yes, the Lakers have accomplished more than the C's as well during the past 20 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justlikeitis. Show justlikeitis's posts

Game 6 2008 NBA finals Boston 131 Los Angeles 92 the largest winning  margin in a game clinching the NBA championship in the history of the NBA. THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL QUITTING!!!!

http://youtu.be/LUdUftKcIzM

http://youtu.be/_j-QIxsl1b0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

That's a weak comeback attempt dirty.  This is an article based on one biased Blo Joe's opinion.  I will say that some of his insights are interesting, but the problem is that he equates scrappy play to dirty play, or in Perk's case, complaining and getting technicals as dirty play.  Anyway I put a lot more stock in a poll of 172 NBA players. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : My, my, my...isn't it funny how you C's fans like to forget about your teams own "sordid" past with your OWN thugs and classless players: Kevin McHale, the very EPITOME of a thug. His clothesline of Kurt Rambis was seen from coast-to-coast...and you people praised him by saying "he's just a tough player".
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I loved it when Rambis got up ready to fight McHale after that. Didn't back down. That was one of the most nastiest hits I've seen in the NBA. Could have done serious damange to Rambis.

I can accept that McHale said that it was accidental, remember hearing him say or reading it? That if he wanted to take out a Laker it wouldn't have been Rambis.

Boston was just as brutal as Detroit in their own way in the 80's. Very tough, physical team. I think Detroit learned their play from Boston and made their own modifications. But that was The East of that era.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

So trash talking and "faking" an injury are as thuggish and classless as beating players two feet shorter than you?  I guess by a laker fan's standards, yes. What the heck though, let's discuss your points.

- McHale's clothsline.  Yes, this was a thuggish act.  Over the course of his career though he proved himself not to be a dirty player.  A whiner? Yes. Dirty? No.  He showed class congratulating the Pistons when they finally got over the hump of beating the mighty Celtics. 

- KG's trash talking.  Yes, he's been a trash talker his whole career.  It never seemed to bother laker fans until he became a Celtic.  Or was it because you guys and Kobe wanted him soo bad that it left a bad taste in your mouth when you couldn't get him?  No one else backs up Villanueva's claim about what he called him, and KG's never physically hurt anyone and is not known as a dirty player.

- Paul Pierce wheelchair?  C'mon, is this more classless than Fisher flopping 10 times a game?  Classless of you to claim that a player fakes an injury.  What does he gain from it? Your weak list spans 27 years of Celtics history.  Now, let's tak about THIS current laker team.  Boy this list keeps gettin better. 

- Odom-Kardashian: Cheapshot sideline football tackle of Ray Allen in '08.  Cheapshot blindside hit on Dirk after quitting and getting punked in '11 playoffs.

- Barnes:  Wifebeating incident in 2010 - Fisher: Cheapshot on Scola in '09 playoffs.  Called "the dirtiest play I've seen in a long time" by ex-Laker Jon Barry.  Flops 10 times per game.

- Shannon: Sleeps with teammates' woman (ok its only a rumor that he denies) 

- Bynum: Elbow to Gerald Wallace driving down the lane in '10.  Wallace suffers a collapsed lung and is hospitalized.  Same play on Beasley in '11.  Same play on 5'8" J.J. Barea.  Enough said.

- Artest: voted 2nd dirtiest NBA player by his peers.  Fan beating incident in Detroit.  Clothesline of the same 5'8" JJ. Barea.  That's just the tip of the iceberg for this goon. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166789/index.htm

- Kobe: voted top 5 dirtiest players by his peers. Drove Most Dominant Ever Shaq out of town.  Tried to drive Andrew "Are you kidding me" Bynum out of town.  And now the big one..... Raped an 18 yr. old girl in Colorado . 

Stand-up group of guys there, wouldn't you say? ". . .YES, we're still proud of their accomplishments and their season" - QDaddy

Majic argues that they did not quit, and QDaddy argues they are not classless. Thanks for posting here guys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]So trash talking and "faking" an injury are as thuggish and classless as beating players two feet shorter than you?  I guess by a laker fan's standards, yes. What the heck though, let's discuss your points. - McHale's clothsline.  Yes, this was a thuggish act.  Over the course of his career though he proved himself not to be a dirty player.  A whiner? Yes. Dirty? No.  He showed class congratulating the Pistons when they finally got over the hump of beating the mighty Celtics.  - KG's trash talking.  Yes, he's been a trash talker his whole career.  It never seemed to bother laker fans until he became a Celtic.  Or was it because you guys and Kobe wanted him soo bad that it left a bad taste in your mouth when you couldn't get him?  No one else backs up Villanueva's claim about what he called him, and KG's never physically hurt anyone and is not known as a dirty player. - Paul Pierce wheelchair?  C'mon, is this more classless than Fisher flopping 10 times a game?  Classless of you to claim that a player fakes an injury.  What does he gain from it? Your weak list spans 27 years of Celtics history.  Now, let's tak about THIS current laker team.  Boy this list keeps gettin better.  - Odom-Kardashian: Cheapshot sideline football tackle of Ray Allen in '08.  Cheapshot blindside hit on Dirk after quitting and getting punked in '11 playoffs. - Barnes:  Wifebeating incident in 2010 - Fisher: Cheapshot on Scola in '09 playoffs.  Called "the dirtiest play I've seen in a long time" by ex-Laker Jon Barry.  Flops 10 times per game. - Shannon: Sleeps with teammates' woman (ok its only a rumor that he denies)  - Bynum: Elbow to Gerald Wallace driving down the lane in '10.  Wallace suffers a collapsed lung and is hospitalized.  Same play on Beasley in '11.  Same play on 5'8" J.J. Barea.  Enough said. - Artest: voted 2nd dirtiest NBA player by his peers.  Fan beating incident in Detroit.  Clothesline of the same 5'8" JJ. Barea.  That's just the tip of the iceberg for this goon. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1166789/index.htm - Kobe: voted top 5 dirtiest players by his peers. Drove Most Dominant Ever Shaq out of town.  Tried to drive Andrew "Are you kidding me" Bynum out of town.  And now the big one..... Raped an 18 yr. old girl in Colorado .  Stand-up group of guys there, wouldn't you say? ". . .YES, we're still proud of their accomplishments and their season" - QDaddy Majic argues that they did not quit, and QDaddy argues they are not classless. Thanks for posting here guys.

Like I said, you C's fans only like to remember the "good times" and only see your team as a bunch of saints. Okay, let's see what these "pillars of society" have in their own closets.

Drafted Len Bias, a player with a drug addiction. Wow...he would've really given the Celtics a "clean and wholesome" image. Tragically, he died before he ever donned the Celtics uniform (and maybe for the better). Still, he's one of your guys.

2006 season: Marcus Banks and Mark Blount were sent packing because they were viewed as a "cancer" in the Celtics locker room. (There's that "cancer" word again, most recently used by the classless KG.) They were blamed for screwing up the team's "chemistry".

1987 Eastern Conference Finals: Robert Parish, suspended for game 6 and fined $7,500 for punching Bill Laimbeer (another KNOWN thug who probably deserved it, but hey, the Chief should've known better).

April 10, THIS YEAR: Jermaine O'Neal, tried to prove his toughness by delivering a hard foul to LeBron James in their game against Miami. Nearly came to blows when LeBron threw the ball at him in retaliation. I'm sure young and impressionable Celtics fans were told "Jermaine's showing his toughness"...by their Celtic parents.

October 30, 2010: Delonte West and  Von Wafer fight. Celtics coach Doc Rivers confirmed a locker room fight occurred between reserve guards Delonte West and Von Wafer following a morning shootaround.

"There was a fight and that's all you need to know," Rivers said. "I'm going to leave it alone. Obviously, I'm not real thrilled that it happened, but we'll handle it." Can you say..."Ubuntu"?

Sep 25, 2000: Celtics Forward Paul Pierce Stabbed. Paul Pierce was stabbed in the face, neck and back while in the pool room of a nightclub in the early hours. I'm sure that's what Boston area parents want their children to read. And also this...

April 30, 2008: Paul Pierce was fined $25,000 for "throwing gang signs"...Yeah, that's what I want MY child to see from Paul Pierce.
    Even though Paul comes from Inglewood, the reality is that he's no longer tough enough to even be seen in his old neighborhood. He's become "soft" in Boston.

2004 preseason: Ray Allen had a brief war of words with Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, whom Allen accused of alienating teammates trying to prove that he did not need Shaquille O'Neal to win games and championships. Allen told the press that if the Lakers remained a mediocre squad, "in about a year or two he will be calling out to (Lakers owner) Jerry Buss that we need some help in here, or trade me." When asked about Allen's comments, Bryant responded, "Don't even put me and that dude in the same breath."
    You guys took great offense to comments by Gregg Popovich. Ray was doing the same thing back then. But like Kobe said, don't even mention him in the same sentence as Kobe. Ray's an afterthought.

Sep 18, 2009: Delonte West arrested in Maryland. Delonte West was arrested for speeding on a motorcycle while carrying two loaded handguns and a loaded shotgun in a guitar case. What kind of message does this send to the kids? THUG!

Shaquille O'Neal, throughout his career: As some of you already pointed out, he's "burned bridges" at every stop in his NBA career. But your management showed no shame in hiring him. And you got pretty much what you paid for him.

And the capper...

Oct 16, 1983: During a preseason game between the 76ers and the Celtics, Cedric Maxwell, 217 pounds, had the courage to wrestle with Moses Malone, 255 pounds. As an extra added attraction, Red Auerbach, the Celtics' 66-year-old general manager, bounced out of the stands to challenge Malone. "Go on and hit me, you big s.o.b.," Auerbach is alleged to have said. Luckily for Red, Mo didn't take him up on that offer.

For his actions, Auerbach was fined $2,500.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a manager's job to "prevent" this sort of behavior. And you guys like to paint him as a Saint. I guess we can dispel that notion.

I think I've made my point. Your C's are hardly a pristine bunch, so don't try to paint that picture. EVERY team, yours included, has players, coaches and fans with "soiled" reputations.

Balls in your court slick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Weak list compared to what your thugs did in the last game they played.  I honestly don't care for the trash talk that KG and Pierce do during games, it does annoy me.  But like I said it doesn't scratch the surface of the thuggishness that "are you kiddin me" Bynum pulls.  The difference is that you are proud of your thugs and are unwilling to admit that they are quitting, overpaid thugs.  I just cannot beleive that someone could honestly have an adult conversation and say that they are proud of the way your lakers went out. this year.  
    As far as your 60 years of Celtics team history list, I could come up with a list that long just in the Pat Riley/Magic era (Swen Nater, Mitch Kupchak, etc.).  The criminal acts of your current team is plenty.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Majic, No one equates merely getting blown out to quitting.  Did you hear anyone here say that the lakers quit in Game 2?  I'll tell you the difference between the two games you cite versus what happened to the lakers: - '05:  The Celtics were down 3-2 heading back to Indiana, if they had gotten blown out in G6 in Indy then yes, I would say that they quit.  But they pulled out a close win in Indiana to stay alive and send the series back to Boston.  It was a close game at halftime but Indiana's defense locked down and they could not score in the second half.  It's not like they decided not to play defense and let Indy score 120-130 on them.  The C's second best player was Antoine Walker, c'mon, not quite the second Big 3 era yet I might add. -'09:  It was a five point deficit after three quarters.  The deeper team pulled away in the final quarter.  Our starting PF was Glen Davis and back-up big was Mikki Moore.  This team overachieved to get as far as they did. So what's the difference?  In the '08 closeout game and Mavs G4 the lakers had folded by halftime and played ZERO defense, being down over 20 by halftime.  Do you think that it's a coincidence that the C's and Mavs shot the lights out in those games?  There's a reason for the lights out shooting: it's because the lakers chose to QUIT and not play D.  On top of that, these were not undermanned teams.  In '08 you were favored by most sportswriters to beat Boston and this year you had your full roster and were picked by ALL sportswriters to beat the Mavs. C'mon Majic, your idol, the real Magic, even says that they quit and showed no class in the process.  This was clear to everybody including most laker fans I talk to around here.  Only the trolls on this board defend the lakers with the "win is a win loss is a loss" excuse.

So you mean a cold streak in the 2nd quarter == quit, while a cold streak in the 4th quarter != quit? That's what the Lakers suffered: the opposition's scoring streak in the 2nd quarter that basically ended the game, Dallas' 31-12 streak to make it a 24-point game at half-time and Boston's 26-6 streak to make it a 23-point game at half-time.

So enlighten me, how often do you think teams come back from 23 points on the road in a close-out game, when the home team smells blood and the home fans are hilarious.

Afterall, in both games, the reserves played a lot because 4th quarter was garbage time. It doesn't matter if the other team tag 10 more points in the final margin. Do you think if the reserves cut 10 points from the margin the Lakers will get more respect? You can save that kind of respect for lunch. I don't need that. I doubt any Laker fan would be less humilated by a 19-point loss instead of a 39-point loss to the Celtics in that game 6.

As for the Lakers didn't play defense, the same can be said of the Celtics' offense. They didn't execute their offense, got lazy with jump shots. If that's not quitting I don't know what is.

As for Magic comments on "quitting", when have Celtic fans treated Magic's words as gospel? even the current Lakers took exceptions to his statement ("blow up the team"). So I like him as a player, but I don't have to agree with all he said...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Well your screen name is Magic afterall so I just figured....

Here's the flaw in your argument again that the Lakers didn't quit.  Any coach or player will tell you that the only thing that you can control is your defense.  Your offense is by and large at the mercy of the other team's defense.  That's why D always wins; a great D always imposes their will on the opposing O, no matter how good that O might be (see Phoenix Suns).
    Therefore when you allow the other team over 120 or 130 points in a playoff game you did not put in the effort to play D.  When the lakers scored only 60-something points per game vs. Detroit in '04 no one said that it's because they didnt put in the effort offensively, Detroit just imposed their will on them defensively.

Believe me, if the Celtics had gotten blown out and dished out cheap shots on their way out I would no doubt call them out for the effort and class, although I can't guarantee that there wouldn't be Celtics fans on this board defending them.  Anyway no matter how much discussion takes place I will not change your mind.  You, Tayshawna, and QSonny are on record as saying that you are okay with how the lakers went out this year.  Actually, I heard the word "proud." 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Weak list compared to what your thugs did in the last game they played.  I honestly don't care for the trash talk that KG and Pierce do during games, it does annoy me.  But like I said it doesn't scratch the surface of the thuggishness that "are you kiddin me" Bynum pulls.  The difference is that you are proud of your thugs and are unwilling to admit that they are quitting, overpaid thugs.  I just cannot beleive that someone could honestly have an adult conversation and say that they are proud of the way your lakers went out. this year.   As far as your 60 years of Celtics team history list, I could come up with a list that long just in the Pat Riley/Magic era (Swen Nater, Mitch Kupchak, etc.).  The criminal acts of your current team is plenty.   

I feel like I'm responding to Sybil...this isn't a new "alter-ego" for Sybil, is it?! Regardless, you might read what I ACTUALLY said. I'm proud of the Lakers accomplishments THIS season. Now, if you want to "dissect" every word I said and say I was proud of what Bynum did or what Odom did, that's on you. I'm not losing any sleep over it. But I can come up with a long list of Celtics "low points" in their history as well...and there are plenty.

You started out your response by saying the Lakers were quitters. So what do you say about the Celtics losing 3 of their last 5 games...two of them being BLOWOUT losses! This is how the New England Sports Network described their Miami loss...

Celtics' Toughness Fails Them in Embarrassing Blowout Loss to Miami Heat

The Boston Globe and Boston Herald weren't much better. In other words, your Celtics QUIT! Your team is no better or worse than the Lakers, so climb off your pedestal and stop acting like your boys are the "classiest team" in the NBA. You have thugs and punks just like the other 31 teams in the league.

If Andrew Bynum was offered to the Celtics in a trade, I'll guarantee you that 99% of your fan base would tell Danny..."let's forgive and forget, besides, his thugish behavior occurred while he was a Laker". That's how fans are. They're willing to forgive "bad" behavior if it'll help improve their team. You guys proved that by hiring Shaq.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK.......so now the list is focused on players and their "sordid pasts"......?

I won't go into details as I'm sure most know the stories behind these Lakers....

in fact, for the sake of good taste.....I am not even going there.......I will only say that I am thinking of seven guys in particular......

this thread is really deteriorating at a rapid pace......time to move on folks!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

G4: overtime, blowout? G5: tied game with 2 minutes to go, blowout?

Talk about revisionist history.  I don't see anyone saying that this team quit, even Lebron went out of his way to give his props.  The same cannot be said of your team.  Like I said though, nothing's gonna change your mind.  It's a free country so go ahead and keep defending how your team lost.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

As far as a trade for Bynum? 

I'll have to quote Kobe here and say "Are you kiddin me? Bynum?"

No thanks!! I'll save that $15M for a free agent who deserves that kind of money.

Sections
Shortcuts