Tainted Championship...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Re: Tainted Championship...

So much talk about the Lakers quitting and Boston being proud because they gave it their all.  The only win the Cs got was on 4 days rest...the Lakers never got 4 days rest.  I think I'd rather be in the boat of we got swept because we didn't give it our all, rather than our best effort got us one game on 4 days rest.  Either way, you shouldnt' be trying to salvage disappointment with "class".  Did you become Blazers and Jazz fans all of a sudden?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Trying to make people feel worse on a day they already feel bad is gloating, moron!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Is your English as bad as your arithmetic?

You said I came here to gloat about the Lakers. Where did I gloat about the Lakers?

Are you going to show it or not?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : To be fair, that is precisely what you were doing to Lakers fans Sunday.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

To be fairER - this is a Celtics forum, not lakers.  Were you not here last year when the lakers won?  Did we not offer congratulations to the lakers on beating us?  Sometimes I think you just read my posts!!  To be FAIR??   Coming from you that's an oxymoron.  I never make excuses and give credit where it's due, and you have the nerve to talk to me about FAIR?????
    This is a Celtics forum, we are happy the lakers lost, but we don't go on the LA Times and GLOAT about it!!  Do you even remotely comprehend that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : To be fairER - this is a Celtics forum, not lakers.  Were you not here last year when the lakers won?  Did we not offer congratulations to the lakers on beating us?  Sometimes I think you just read my posts!!  To be FAIR??   Coming from you that's an oxymoron.  I never make excuses and give credit where it's due, and you have the nerve to talk to me about FAIR????? This is a Celtics forum, we are happy the lakers lost, but we don't go on the LA Times and GLOAT about it!!  Do you even remotely comprehend that?
    You've stated repeatedly that the only reason the Lakers won the title last year was because they held home court advantage over the Celtics. That, my friend, is an excuse.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Yep, you folks gloat about the Lakers nosedive here, in the friendly environment of a Celtics forum. That's reaaaaaaaaaal "guts"!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : To be fairER - this is a Celtics forum, not lakers.  Were you not here last year when the lakers won?  Did we not offer congratulations to the lakers on beating us?  Sometimes I think you just read my posts!!  To be FAIR??   Coming from you that's an oxymoron.  I never make excuses and give credit where it's due, and you have the nerve to talk to me about FAIR????? This is a Celtics forum, we are happy the lakers lost, but we don't go on the LA Times and GLOAT about it!!  Do you even remotely comprehend that?

Having a discussion titled "tainted championship" that goes on for several months with over a 1,000 posts is hardly "congratulatory".  I can't wait to see how you all "congratulate" the Heat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : You've stated repeatedly that the only reason the Lakers won the title last year was because they had home court advantage over the Celtics. That, my friend, is an excuse.

Another lie - the lakers beat us last year, no excuses.  What I have said was IF we had HCA, the outcome may have been different, and there is doucumented evidence to support that.  The lakers went 11-1 at home last year.  I have never, EVER said the ONLY reason the lakers won last year was because of anything.....man I shall not miss your "spin".  Do me a favor - just ignore me on my last day!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]If you folks feel that losing 4-1 instead of 4-0 is worthy of celebration, good for you...
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Well let me get in this..........Those two records are almost the same but there is a difference between going out with dignity and fighting like a true champion than just quitting in the face of adversity.

Like i said almost same record but.....................

1. Celtics went out like champions.

2. Lakers went out like CHUMPS.

PS. Lakers are laughing stock of the entire NBA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Another lie - the lakers beat us last year, no excuses.  What I have said was IF we had HCA, the outcome may have been different, and there is doucumented evidence to support that.  The lakers went 11-1 at home last year.  I have never, EVER said the ONLY reason the lakers won last year was because of anything.....man I shall not miss your "spin".  Do me a favor - just ignore me on my last day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... :

That is from FEB!!

Scary, since my posts are hidden!!  And, IF we had HCA last year, we would have won - still don't see how that's an excuse, we didn't, you did.........and you WON!!  You won  - fact........you had HCA - fact.....IF we had HCA we would have won - opinion!!  Excuse is where??

For someone who has "no issues with people's threads", to research something a person wrote in FEB goes beyond stalking!!  Get a life, man!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Is this is a basketball forum or a sandbox?  

Hey guess what?  Neither the Celtics or the Lakers were good enough this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Is this is a basketball forum or a sandbox?   Hey guess what?  Neither the Celtics or the Lakers were good enough this year.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, but the guy let's fly with so much nonsense that he has to be called out on it from time to time. 

But you are right - neither team was good enough this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, you folks gloat about the Lakers nosedive here, in the friendly environment of a Celtics forum. That's reaaaaaaaaaal "guts"!!!!!
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Notice you waited until we lost before posting.  Just wondering where you were after the lakers got toasted in 4 games!!

THAT's REAL guts!!  And, for the record, gloating is making someone who feels badly feel worse.........is that not your motive for coming on here.  Your team is also DONE - can you accept that, or are you in such denial you have to come here??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

- 99.8 % of celtic fans are thinking - - - -2011 is clearly the year that the NBA and David Stern wanted to bring in some fresh new teams. The celtics were clearly cheated and thus defeated. The referrees were undoubtedly the cause of this. Also, all of the recent tornados, floods, and earthquakes helped to injure and age the celtics. George Bush also played his role in causing the celtics to be eliminated in the second round. The heat are a pathetic team of thugs and they and their classless fans had to have the assistance of Stern, recent tornados, floods, earthquakes, and of course George Bush to beat us in 5 games.

Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE] - 99.8 % of celtic fans are thinking - - - -2011 is clearly the year that the NBA and David Stern wanted to bring in some fresh new teams. The celtics were clearly cheated and thus defeated. The referrees were undoubtedly the cause of this. Also, all of the recent tornados, floods, and earthquakes helped to injure and age the celtics. George Bush also played his role in causing the celtics to be eliminated in the second round. The heat are a pathetic team of thugs and they and their classless fans had to have the assistance of Stern, recent tornados, floods, earthquakes, and of course George Bush to beat us in 5 games.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

although I haven't read that anywhere - I'm proud to be in the minority!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

When heaven and earth have disappeared, Lakers and Celtics fans will still be going at it. 

Last year it was over the two best teams beating each other up for 7 games to grab the title.

This year it's over who played worse. 

It's tough for me.  First off, the Lakers loss is tarnished by the poor actions of Odom and Bynum.  I'll give Celtics fans that all day long.  And in the end, I do believe that whole 'it's how you play the game' thing.  So records aside, LA had an opportunity to bow out gracefully, but took cheap shots that are not characteristic of, what really is a great franchise.

Looking at the games, while 4-1 is a less embarassing stat than 4-0, neither of them are really worth gloating about. 

I can honestly say, I'd rather have had the Lakers win a game, and not take cheap shots on their way out.  I really believe the bulk of Lakers fans agree.  I really do love the Lakers franchise, so it's my job as a Lakers fan to voice my complete disappointment with the players when they damage the franchise, which is what we saw in game 4. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Even you stated you were embarrassed by their antics for your organization. Oh wait, you must not be the real Majic Johnson. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

The sad part is he thought he spelled it correctly

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : although I haven't read that anywhere - I'm proud to be in the minority!!

First it was the officials and Stern favoring the Lakers last year and now it's Stern wanting fresh to new faces, all this to justify celtic failures. Get a life, next thread will be Heat's "tainted 4-1 over the celtics". You are all despicable embarrassments. You lost to the Lakers last year and got blown out early this year, you one-and-done wonders who will not even be a factor next year while the Lakers will thrive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : First it was the officials and Stern favoring the Lakers last year and now it's Stern wanting fresh to new faces, all this to justify celtic failures. Get a life, next thread will be Heat's "tainted 4-1 over the celtics". You are all despicable embarrassments. You lost to the Lakers last year and got blown out early this year, you one-and-done wonders who will not even be a factor next year while the Lakers will thrive.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Why are you replying to ME????  I haven't said anything except the better team won.........what a jerk!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Umm...LakeAvenger...all the conspiracy theroies that I see are being posted by Rico and other Laker trolls trying to bait us. The great majority of the C's posters here did not whine about the refs. Miami was mentally tough enough to be down for just about the whole game but came back to win it at the end and you have to congratulate them. They certainly showed more toughness than the Lakers. When things get tough for LA...they just give up and allow themselves to get blown out. We've all seen it...we did it to them in 2008...Dallas did it this year. LA is very talented but their team and their fans do not have much loyalty or faith in each other. Guess that is the way of tinsel-town.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Some of your points are well heard cofj. You are right that neither team did well by losing in the second round. However, and this is not an excuse, just facts. I believe your Lakers had a healthy team am I right? The Celts were riddled with injuries: Rondo(being the biggest) and his elbow is still a haunting memory, then Shaq(a large hole at center) not even dressed really, JO with his back, West and his shoulder, and even Pierce had his injury. So, an injury riddled Cs squad made the Heat really work for that series win. It did not come easy against this depleted Cs. So in the end, both teams are out. But I still have to give props to the Cs for the fight they gave in games 4 and 5 and how they were in both games with minutes to go. And who knows, if Rondo does not have the injury, maybe we would still have a game 7 in this series. 
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. 

I think MANY Knicks fans would share your sentiment.  hehee.

While the Lakers weren't as beaten up as the Celtics, one could also say that they had a larger target on them, as defending two-time champs.

Either way, I don't think the Lakers or Celtics fans have bragging rights right now.  They both bombed in the 2nd round.  I will admit that LA bombed worse than boston, but I don't know how much satisfaction that gives Lakers or Celtics fans. 

Bottom line is that the entire fan pool of both the Lakers and Celtics was hoping for more.  Now we're all picking our 'favorite of the remaining' to back.  For me, it's Chicago. 

Hopefully both the Lakers and Celtics will make some good off-season moves and get back to the best rivalry in sports. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 4/23/2011
    Last: 5/12/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a2a22e9dc-3b85-4379-b16a-19b113cd6aad&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:2a22e9dc-3b85-4379-b16a-19b113cd6aadPost:df8efe25-1134-4a7f-968a-b2c1848d7219">Re: Tainted Championship...:
    If you folks feel that losing 4-1 instead of 4-0 is worthy of celebration, good for you...
    Posted by MajicMVP

Well let me get in this..........Those two records are almost the same but there is a difference between going out with dignity and fighting like a true champion than just quitting in the face of adversity.

Like i said almost same record but.....................

1. Celtics went out like champions.

2. Lakers went out like CHUMPS.

PS. Lakers are laughing stock of the entire NBA.

----------------------------

This coming from a fan of a team that has only 1 title that was gift wrapped to them in 2006. LOL

Laughing stock of the NBA.. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Wade3 Posts: 151 First: 4/23/2011 Last: 5/12/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a2a22e9dc-3b85-4379-b16a-19b113cd6aad&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:2a22e9dc-3b85-4379-b16a-19b113cd6aadPost:df8efe25-1134-4a7f-968a-b2c1848d7219 " /> Re: Tainted Championship... : If you folks feel that losing 4-1 instead of 4-0 is worthy of celebration, good for you... Posted by MajicMVP Well let me get in this..........Those two records are almost the same but there is a difference between going out with dignity and fighting like a true champion than just quitting in the face of adversity. Like i said almost same record but..................... 1. Celtics went out like champions. 2. Lakers went out like CHUMPS. PS. Lakers are laughing stock of the entire NBA. ---------------------------- This coming from a fan of a team that has only 1 title that was gift wrapped to them in 2006. LOL Laughing stock of the NBA..
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Great, a lakers fan harassing a heat fan on a CELTICS forum.........why don't you both get lost - if they beat us in 5 games, imagine what they'd do to your team!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]A loss in the 2nd round is nothing to write home about. Funny most of the posts I see here are ranting and raving of how the Lakers got swept... If you folks feel that losing 4-1 instead of 4-0 is worthy of celebration, good for you...
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]I think you miss the point. The C's went down trying, they just were not healthy enough and perhaps not good enough to win.

Now it isn't my team or my problem but the Lakers laid down, showed no heart and then in the end two of the players humiliated the franchise by taking cheap shots at the opponent that had schooled them.

I am not like some folks I will acknowledge that Lakers have had a great tradition much like the C's. While it was a defeat, the Celtics demonstrated Celtic Pride with most notably Rajon Rondo playing with a dislocated shoulder. The Lakers of 2010-2011? Past Laker greats have already gone on record how disgusting they thought the performance and the behavior in the final minutes was.

So in a weird way we have the Lakers of 2010-2011 to thank for our feeling of conciliation that our guys tried hard and did not commit assault on the opponent in final minutes.

Thanks Lakers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship... : Nothing wrong with new blood in the Finals. I just don't see how the Bulls are going to compete against the Heat. It is essentially 1 vs 2. If the Bulls get past the Hawks, then it will be a good series. I will be curious to see if Rose gets the same calls as Wade and Lebron in the paint.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]The Bulls should be a good fight for Miami and that is because DRose will be able to go off at will against Miami, the Bulls will have an advantage on the glass and Deng will at least keep 1 of the big 2 from going bonkers. Nobody stops LeBron and Wade, But it is a very good series.

Personally I think that the Heat may come in a bit inflated from dispatching a C's team that see as beast but was in fact a wounded animal. The C's came into the series with some physical issues and once Rondo was neutralized, that made the C's quite ordinary IMHO.

I'd have no problem with Dirk getting exercise his demons against the Heat either but I think that Heat match up well with Dallas. Chicago OTOH matches up well with the Heat and in really tight games I like the Bulls combination of athleticism and ability to execute selflessly.  

Sections
Shortcuts