Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!

In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080410_bynum_update.html http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203 Notice in the last article it calls Gasol a forward/center, says the deal had been discussed for ONE week  - AFTER Bynum got hurt, there is no timetable for Bynum's return, there is little mention of how "good" Marc Gasol is, and how the lakers were already one of the best teams in the West, just on  a bad losing streak. This is the very last time this info will be published.  Pau Gasol was brought in to play CENTER in 2008 for the lakers, who had NO Center at the time.  The trade for Pau Gasol was not even discussed until AFTER Bynum got hurt, and the lakers started losing.................these are the only points I have been arguing for two years, and I am very weary now of bringing them up.  Read the articles for yourselves lakers fans, and remember what I have said.  "If Bynum didn't get injured, the lakers would not have Gasol." 6, 2 and even, over and out!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Was not Kwame Brown also playing center for the Lakers's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080410_bynum_update.html http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080201gasol_trade.html http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203 Notice in the last article it calls Gasol a forward/center, says the deal had been discussed for ONE week  - AFTER Bynum got hurt, there is no timetable for Bynum's return, there is little mention of how "good" Marc Gasol is, and how the lakers were already one of the best teams in the West, just on  a bad losing streak. This is the very last time this info will be published.  Pau Gasol was brought in to play CENTER in 2008 for the lakers, who had NO Center at the time.  The trade for Pau Gasol was not even discussed until AFTER Bynum got hurt, and the lakers started losing.................these are the only points I have been arguing for two years, and I am very weary now of bringing them up.  Read the articles for yourselves lakers fans, and remember what I have said.  "If Bynum didn't get injured, the lakers would not have Gasol." 6, 2 and even, over and out!!

"ignore" button? I see you can't even stand one hour without getting the therapy from me. See, the hot button always works.

Did you say my post was hidden that you couldn't see? how could you respond to it?

See, your cheap stunt to try to lure me not to respond won't work. I'll shut you up EVERYTIME. You can keep trying those "ignore" button, hidden post, I'll still respond and won't give you the last say, i.e. I have the last say and you get shut up. But after you stay quiet for a while, I'll push the hot button again.

Now you have totally shown your lack of logic. No wonder even that rat Fierce jumped ship when he tried to defend you...

1) They discussed the trade after Bynum was injured. How would that become "Had Bynum not injured the trade would not have happened"?

Why isn't it possible that Memphis decided to clean house in January? after Bynum was injured? Enlighten us.

2) And you dare say there is no timetable for Bynum's return? Your secret source ESPN, posted on Feb 3, 2008.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

"Gasol, averaging 18.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.44 blocked shots in 39 games this season, can fill in at center until Bynum returns in mid-March, then move to power forward."

2) Why isn't possible for the Lakers to trade for Gasol when it's presented as a gift?

3) Why wouldn't the Lakers try to upgrade the squad when they were sitting 3rd to 5th in the conference in that month?

You stick with your hot air, I'll shoot it down EVERYTIME, because I know you have absolutely no way to answer these three questions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : You're mistaking the NBA for the Olympics. In the NBA, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! Like I said, you made it to the Finals because your Lakers only had to beat Tom Chambers. Ha Ha 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You are mistaking the NBA as binary? either you win the championship or you don't? Tell that to the league office or the players. If nothing else, your squad is refuting your nonsense loud and clear.

They are trying to win games, albeit they are a first-round-exit outfit (according to you folks). That still beats missing the playoffs, whether you like it or not.

BTW, beating Tom Chambers still beats missing the playoffs, you can't do anything about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]He's gone, Red. He has to work. He's so predictable. Ha Ha He just comes here to vent, take out his frustrations on Celtic fans.  Cleaning urinals is not easy! Ha Ha

Don't worry, you have a monopoly for that job at Staples. Your career will be longer than Bynum's...

Do they give you mobile Internet while cleaning urinals?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Who disappears from this board at 9am LA time? Ha Ha

Why does it matter? I know you've been lurking at this board full time. See, a few minutes after I post, you can't stop begging for therapy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Disappears at 9am, reappears 7pm, LA time. Interesting. 8-hour shift? Ha Ha

No wonder they call you the dumbest poster in this forum...

You think every Laker fan lives in LA? Interesting.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Action speaks louder than words. You say I'm dumb but you keep arguing with me. Guess that makes you dumber, right? Ha Ha

Wrong, I am giving you therapy. Consider it a courtesy to fellow basketball fan...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Begging for therapy? You're the one who keeps looking for me every time you're here.

Who responded to my post a few minutes after my post? Don't worry, if you want your social life here, it's OK. Staples bathroom wouldn't be good to your psychy...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Not relevant, since they had alreadyh traded him.  AFTER Bynum got hurt - that's it - that is the whole argument - the acquired Gasol to play Center AFTER Bynum got hurt -  thanks again, man!!

You are arguing a hypothesis: "Had Bynum not hurt", you mean you don't know at all?

The actual happening was Bynum got hurt, which had little to do with the hypothesis, but given your IQ, I bet you don't know the difference. You actually think

"Had Bynum NOT hurt, the trade wouldn't have happened" == "The trade did happen only after Bynum got hurt"...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Who calls him that?

tompenny

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a3aa37082-c49f-4cb4-bc30-9a61f5183911&plckCurrentPage=12

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : You've said FIFTH for two years - changing your story, because you know you've lost!!

OK, your tall task. Cite a post from me 23 months ago saying that. I'll see how you can get out of this lie...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Thanks, that's ALL I've said for two years!!  Proven, and done!!

Now you wimp out of your claim that "Had Bynum not hurt, the trade would not have happened"?

I mean, getting you to change your claim to the actual happening "the trade happened after Bynum was injured", it's time well spent. So are you telling me you conceded your claim?

If so, so you agreed with the hypothesis "Had Bynum not injured, the trade would still have happened"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Ew! You're sounding creepy. This is not a board where you flirt with other men.  You're ignored, Perv!

Wow, this is your job duty? I hope Staples management know about this.

Are you saying you will ignore me like RedRust (ignore for "one hour")?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

So RedRust, you totally dodge the point about using hte "ignore button" on me. Is it because your cheap stunt got totally exposed? or because you know your cheap stunt won't stop me from responding to you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks again!!

You can keep thanking me, but you'll be shut up in arguments, i.e. won't get the last say...

And seeing you that you have no more argument on the hypothesis, it's time well spent.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]This has gone on for two years.  For two years you have called all the shots.  In any argument, there must be give and take.  So, now it is my turn to call the shots. Here is the one-time only deal - no whining and no exceptions.  I declare unabashed victory in this argument until YOU show me ONE article or bit of research that says the lakers would have traded for Gasol even if Bynum never got hurt.  That is your "tall task."  IF you do that, I will surrender and admit defeat like a man.  Until then, no matter how many times you post, I have won since I have the most evidence on my side.  It's not who gets the last word, it's who has made the best argument.  Right now, that is me. You may NOT in any way insult, or spin these rules.  We've played by your rules for two years.  It's put up or shut up time.  You asked for research, and I gave it.  If you don't agree with it, that is irrelevant............I produced it. And now, it is your turn.....best of luck, but until you  beat me, I have upper hand!! Opinions and "common sense" do not count.  You need to produce research from legitimate sources, as I did. I sincerely hope you are clear on the rules............go!

You are really naive. You know what this argument is about? "best argument", you have no clue about the argument.

This is a hypothetical situation: "Had Bynum not injured". You made your baseless claim that "they wouldn't have traded for Gasol", with no support, no evidence, no published research whatsoever. How did you come up with that conclusion? Oh, because you called up your secret source and they told you so, yet you have never  published what it is, and you think I'll simply take your words for it?

I come up with  "ONE article or bit of research that says the lakers would have traded for Gasol even if Bynum never got hurt. ". Why? you made a phony claim and you want me to come up with an article to prove the otherwise? You are really something. Let's play this game. My claim:

"You have the IQ of an 8-year old".

Now, your tall task. You come up with an article, link, published report to prove that you have an IQ of more than 8-year-old. Now what?

The funny thing is, the argument we have had for 2 years is a hypothetical situation. It canNOT be proven one way or the other, becuase "Had Bynum not injured" cannot be true. Bynum was injured. So the conclusion, either

- the Lakers would have traded for Gasol anyway, or
    - the Lakers would not have traded for Gasol no matter what

can only be speculation. Neither one can be proven. Yet without proofs, without supporting arguments, with a conversed happening "Bynum got injured and they traded for Gasol", you have this definite conclusion that they would not have traded for Gasol, only because you have done your research (unpublished), and you have talked to someone in the knows (God knows who).

You think you can get off easy with that junk?

So you can keep thanking me, and use 1-2 words response just trying to get the last say, but either way, argue the matter or just taking pot shots, I'll keep responding to you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : My research is published.  My God I gave you three articles! No pot shots- that is against the rules. I anxiously await your ONE article that refutes anything I have said. I actually WANT to be wrong - but right now, I'm not!

Your research says what?

Your research is merely the conclusion in

if A then B

while A is true.

The argument here is

if !A then !B

You don't think "if A then B" is equivalent to "if !A then !B", do you?

Or is your reasoning skill (logical thinking) no more than 8-year old?

In other words, you have no research except the mere fact of "if A then B"...

The only thing useful in your research is your support of my claim:

"Gasol, averaging 18.9 points, 8.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 1.44 blocked shots in 39 games this season, can fill in at center until Bynum returns in mid-March, then move to power forward."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Apparently the first article was unread.  It was dated in April, and said there was no timetable for Bynum's return. [/QUOTE]
    Hate to burst your bubble, the trade happened in February, the talks were in January. What does a timetable in April say?

Haven't you seen the statement during the trade (the 3rd link you cite):

Other links I previously posted:

4/4/2008

http://basketball.realgm.com/news/wiretap/archive/2008/04/older/17

When asked if center Andrew Bynum may miss the rest of the regular season and then return for the playoffs, Laker Coach Phil Jackson said that it was a real possibility, the L.A. Times are reporting.

Bynum, however, was hopeful that he'll be able to see the court before the playoffs begin.

"At this point, I'm trying to get back a couple of games before [playoffs] just so I can get, like, a tune-up," he said.

3/18/2008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3300705

The Los Angeles Lakers have finally put a timetable on the return of Andrew Bynum: probably the first round of the playoffs.

3/8/2008

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakerep8mar08,1,392106.story

Andrew Bynum's return from a knee injury might not be until close to the end of the regular season, Coach Phil Jackson suggested Friday.

or are you really in denial?

[QUOTE]Mihm was hurt, Bynum was hurt, and they traded Brown.  What on earth did Gasol play, Point Guard?  [/QUOTE]
    And that's rebuttal of NOT trading for Gasol if Bynum had not been injured? 8-year-old logic again.

[QUOTE]
    He was brought in, in 2008, to play CENTER.  [/QUOTE]
    And how is that evidence that he won't be brought in to play alongside Bynum had Bynum not injured (hypothetical situation)? Please don't keep exposing your 8-year old logic.

[QUOTE]
    What he played after that is irrelevant. [/QUOTE]
    Irrelevant is only your opinion. I say it's utterly relevant, since pairing him up with Bynum after that means it's possible to pair him up with Bynum had Bynum not injured.

[QUOTE]
    710 ESPN - LA - Mason and Ireland Show.  John Ireland, who travels with the team, and is the radio voice of the lakers. Red:  "Were the lakers interested in Gasol all along, or was it Bynum's injury that necessitated it?" Ireland show: "Gasol was not a viable option for the lakers until Bynum got hurt." It is now officially published  (AGAIN).
    [/QUOTE]
    OK, cite the source on this quote. Without the cited evidence, your words are not believable, given you are a dishonest person. I'll shoot it down after you cite a link of this evidence, not merely something you type.

[QUOTE]
     And, whether you accept it or not, whether you think Ireland is a hack or not, is irrelevant.  That is from a lakers journalist..................would be good enough for 99.9% of the population. [/QUOTE]
    claims without source is good enough for 99.9% of the population? You may live in a world like that, but for us real people, that's not research. Ever see many claims in Wikipedia has the superscript [Citation needed]? Know what it means?

[QUOTE]
    I can argue no more on this - PLEASE prove me wrong or leave me alone. [/QUOTE]
    Of course you can't argue on this. You made a hot air claim, with no published evidence on that hypothetical situation, and an uncited claim, now you want people to accept it unless other "prove you wrong"?

An empty claim and the burden is on other people to prove you wrong. You are really funny.

[QUOTE]
     It's been a long two years!! Bynum injured - Brown not satisfactory - Gasol brought in to play center. There is NO evidence to suggest that the lakers were interested in Gasol before the injury.  [/QUOTE]
    And there is no need to. Why can't Memphis decide to clean house after Bynum's injury?

[QUOTE]Therefore, if the injury had not occurred, there would have been no trade.
    [/QUOTE]
    And there, you still have no evidence to support this conjecture, because all you have shown is merely the conclusions based on Bynum was injured.

So, let's recap the evidence supporting "they would have traded for Gasol":

1) Lakers were sitting 3rd to 5th around the time of Bynum's injury to the trade
    2) Gasol cost the Lakers practically nothing.
    3) the plan to play Gasol at PF and Bynum at centre.

the evidence supporting "they would not have trade for Gasol".

1) your words (no citations) of what John Ireland said.
    2) Gasol would play at centre during Bynum's injury.
    3) there was no mention of Lakers' interest in Gasol before Bynum's injury.

Based on the evidence on both sides, why you insist that they would not have traded for Gasol with such certainty is beyond me. Except Ireland's words, all you are able to show is not supporting anything of the conjecture.

[QUOTE]
     If you KNOW otherwise, prove it.  If your argument is based on opinion, insults, common sense or spinning my argument, please just go away. You can have the last word, if you are that small a person.  I'll take the victory.[/QUOTE]
    If this is a forum for 8-year old arguments, then you can take the victory. This is a forum for adults. Yet you don't have the reasoning skills of an adult.

Your attempts to get the last words have sold you out. You have been trading posts with me on this topic for 2 years. This never give up mentality shows one thing: you want the last say. Yet you have encountered someone who's famous for that. And you pretense to give up "you can have the last word", has been tried many many times, you claimed you would ignore me, you claimed my post was hidden, what was the outcome?

You still keep posting again and again. So, I'll take this as your feeble attempt to lure me not to respond. But my continued rebuttal to your post must be an emotional torture to you...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taiwanese Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : But my continued rebuttal to your post must be an emotional torture to you...
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Your penchant for torture is a sign of mental health issues.

Sections
Shortcuts