Take advantage of the Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Take advantage of the Knicks

Phil Jackson is hired and Woodson is fired. Carmelo may leave to join a championship team like the Bulls. What will become of the Knicks next season? They have Amare, Bargnani, Chandler and Felton/Smith taking them over the cap. There aren't a ton of moves they can make until the summer of 2015.

So why not take advantage of a down year and offer the Knicks some value for Tyson Chandler?

Chandler is not Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, or LaMarcus Aldridge. He is probably in the same category as Omer Asik and Larry Sanders. The thing about Chandler is that he's been in a bad situation for a few years since being DPOY and winning a championship. He is in the last year of his contract and at 31, with a good year, could earn another 4 year 40+ million dollar contract. 

In return, the Knicks aren't going to want any contracts that hit their books in 2015-16 but probably would be willing to exchange expiring contracts if they could achieve a pick or two.

Ainge should trade:

NYK: Brandon Bass (6.5), Joel Anthony (3.8), and Vitor Favarani (2) 

BOS: Tyson Chandler (14.5)

Ainge could include the Clippers & 76ers picks in 2015. He could include our 2014 BKN 1st. I could even see him trading our own 2015 pick (top5 protected). This allows Boston to re-sign Chandler with Rondo in 2015 if its a fit and a third star is brought in. This allows fills a big gap without breaking the bank, meaning the Celtics would still have plenty of assets to work a Kevin Love deal.

Tyson would give the Celtics their true center. He would fit well with Rondo since he's a seasoned veteran and his ability to roll hard to the rim and finish well. Tyson could set up a trade for Kevin Love or he can anchor our defense and allow Sullinger and Olynyk to share the PF spot. In this scenario, I even see the Celtics extending an offer to Chris Humphries to be out 4th big.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Take advantage of the Knicks

Lets say the Celtics win the lottery and select Jabari.

They trade the 2014 BKN pick for Tyson

They trade the 2015 picks with Wallace and a future BKN pick for Afflalo.

They go over the cap to re-sign Humphries (2 year 14M) and Avery (4year 24M

They keep Johnson, Babb and Pressey. Waive Bogans and bring back Iverson from overseas.

Team:

Rondo, Pressey

Afflalo, Bradley, Johnson

Green, Parker

Sullinger, Olynyk

Chandler, Humphries, Iverson

That would be quite a team. Opportunity for rookies and sophomores to step up, but surrounded by very good veterans in Rondo, Chandler, Afflalo and Green.

I know many want a super-star, but that may take some time. At the very least, if the Celtics could take the worst players from this season and replace them with better talent (Afflalo for Crawford/Bayless, Parker for Wallace, Tyson for Bass/Joel) this team could easily get to 40+ wins and into the playoffs next year. Add to that a healthy Rondo, a reduced role for Jeff, a reduced role for AB, a true center and a second year of the same core (Rondo, AB, Green, Sully, Olynyk, Pressey, Humphries). This team could win a playoff series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Taking advantage of the Knicks would getting Felton, Shumpert and Hardaway Jr for Anthony and Bogans and Phillys pick(s). Taking 14+ million of their books for who is offensively challenged + a pick for a 31 yr old Chandler is NY taking advantage of us. He's a final piece guy if you have a Dirk or Melo we don't have a Dirk or Melo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but I would love him in green. That Anthony/Bass/Faverani trade would be great, but why would the Knicks do it? They won't gain any flexibility with that other than smaller contracts they may be able to trade away. Chandler's deal is up after next season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Chandler would be a great pick up for the right money. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to jgallag1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but I would love him in green. That Anthony/Bass/Faverani trade would be great, but why would the Knicks do it? They won't gain any flexibility with that other than smaller contracts they may be able to trade away. Chandler's deal is up after next season.

[/QUOTE]

Answered your own question. The Knicks would do it because they get a pick out of the deal. This wouldn't be a whole lot different than the Okafor-Gortat trade. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taking advantage of the Knicks would getting Felton, Shumpert and Hardaway Jr for Anthony and Bogans and Phillys pick(s). Taking 14+ million of their books for who is offensively challenged + a pick for a 31 yr old Chandler is NY taking advantage of us. He's a final piece guy if you have a Dirk or Melo we don't have a Dirk or Melo.

[/QUOTE]

If the Knicks lose Melo and rebuild, they aren't going to trade their two young wins in Shumpart and Hardaway Jr. Tyson isn't offensively challenged. 

He had a down year due to injuries and things like being on a dysfunctional Knicks team. If he reverts to what he produced in '12-'13 he will be a great fit.

10 pts, 10 rbs, shooting .638

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If the Knicks lose Melo and rebuild, they aren't going to trade their two young wins in Shumpart and Hardaway Jr. Tyson isn't offensively challenged. 

He had a down year due to injuries and things like being on a dysfunctional Knicks team. If he reverts to what he produced in '12-'13 he will be a great fit.

10 pts, 10 rbs, shooting .638

[/QUOTE]

The guy is 32 years old already and a one year rental. No way I would give up any picks for him as he does not fit into a rebuild. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phil Jackson is hired and Woodson is fired. Carmelo may leave to join a championship team like the Bulls. What will become of the Knicks next season? They have Amare, Bargnani, Chandler and Felton/Smith taking them over the cap. There aren't a ton of moves they can make until the summer of 2015.

So why not take advantage of a down year and offer the Knicks some value for Tyson Chandler?

Chandler is not Kevin Love, Marc Gasol, or LaMarcus Aldridge. He is probably in the same category as Omer Asik and Larry Sanders. The thing about Chandler is that he's been in a bad situation for a few years since being DPOY and winning a championship. He is in the last year of his contract and at 31, with a good year, could earn another 4 year 40+ million dollar contract. 

In return, the Knicks aren't going to want any contracts that hit their books in 2015-16 but probably would be willing to exchange expiring contracts if they could achieve a pick or two.

Ainge should trade:

NYK: Brandon Bass (6.5), Joel Anthony (3.8), and Vitor Favarani (2) 

BOS: Tyson Chandler (14.5)

Ainge could include the Clippers & 76ers picks in 2015. He could include our 2014 BKN 1st. I could even see him trading our own 2015 pick (top5 protected). This allows Boston to re-sign Chandler with Rondo in 2015 if its a fit and a third star is brought in. This allows fills a big gap without breaking the bank, meaning the Celtics would still have plenty of assets to work a Kevin Love deal.

Tyson would give the Celtics their true center. He would fit well with Rondo since he's a seasoned veteran and his ability to roll hard to the rim and finish well. Tyson could set up a trade for Kevin Love or he can anchor our defense and allow Sullinger and Olynyk to share the PF spot. In this scenario, I even see the Celtics extending an offer to Chris Humphries to be out 4th big.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, the Bulls?  Not happening!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If the Bulls amnesty Boozer, and the cap goes up 5 mill, according to my calculations, the Bulls can offer Melo 16.1 mill without going over the cap.  With a sign and trade, throw in Jimmy Butler, and that's another 2 mill.  It's VERY easy to see Melo with the Bulls next year.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

Sections
Shortcuts