Taking the Rondo discussion one step further

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Taking the Rondo discussion one step further

This is a bit extreme, and I don't think I have felt this way about any other Celtics player(s) in 50 years other than maybe the Curtis Rowe and Sidney Wicks debacle...not only do I think that Rondo is a grossly over-rated basketball player and a severaly flawed teammate...I JUST DON'T LIKE RONDO.

Has anybody seen him smile?  What a dour sob.  His moody antics are tiresome.
    His interviews are lifeless and his character is unappealing. 
    Declaring that he is is the "best PG in the league" is delusional at best, but certainly an arrogant ego out of control.

so coupled with the fact that he is not a likeable person to begin with, when I see him miss a wide open 12 jumper that an average high school PGs would make, or pound the ball until there are 5 seconds left on the clock before launching an ill advised clancker, etc etc....
    my relationship with Rondo is irreconcilable and I'm sure he is pining over it at this very minute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Taking the Rondo discussion one step further

we're in severe disagreement regarding rondo the player, eldunker. at least when he's on. but props for recognizing that rondo does not come off well w/ the media, likely prompting anyone on the fence about him to lean toward not liking him. he ain't fuzzy one bit and that must play into at least some of the disapproval. go Cs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

From what i've seen, I probably wouldnt get along with Rondo either,,,but then again,,,I wouldnt like C.Paul or D.Will either....lets face it...not many likeable pgs nowadays...Let me guess, you are a J.Kidd fan?   It dont get no worse then him.

C.Paul is a d*ck, you can tell by the way he struts on the court, and plays like he is the best,,,thats his job and since he smiles for the camera, you wanna be his roomate?

atleast Rondo isnt being fake.  He is on his job, remember,,this aint high school.

Like I always say when drama happens at work,.,,.Im here to make money not friends,,    that being said, most players on this team like each other, and although you may not like him( i dont really either)  I could care less, cuz his job is not to be warm and fuzzy, its to play point..   please dont make me go thru the list of great celtics players that you wouldnt want to invite to your home...

This was a pathetic reach, and the fact that he was knocking down his jumpers with authority and confidence last night, just shows you are a hater..

He had 18 in the first half, 8-10 shooting, and as much heat and pressure he has been under lately to perform he also has to be liked by you?!  How do you know that he is a sourpuss from watching his intvw's??  Do you think maybe he does not like talking in public....have you ever watched a Bill Billicheck press conference??   well he is nothing like that behind closed doors...(fyi)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I go back to the 1958-9 season and I cannot remember a Celtic player whose personality (and game) I feel so strongly negative about with the exception of Vin Baker.

I would love for him to wear a Laker or  Heat uniform.

I would rank him right up there with LBJ or Kobe whose games I tee-totally detest... in a heart beat. Utterly selfish and self absorbed. Lazy as sin and defensive/blind about his flaws... as are his followers.

Its the damnedest thing I've ever seen... and I blame management for handling him so very poorly and never requiring him and his game to grow up.

Pud 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

wow!  you have been watching since the 50's and cant find anyone besides Vin that you didnt like?

Vin was actually a pretty good guy.  Yeah, he was a bust that drank too much, but its not his fault someone paid him like that...but since when do players need to be likeable?  How many players you think liked M.J. ?  The guy was punching out his own teamates,..but they respected his will to win.  If the greatest basketball player of all time is an *sshole, then I dont mind Rondo being one....I can understand if you wanna critisize his shooting, F/t's  etc, but he has to be appealing to YOU now?!?!    Wow

Matta of fact most of the great players were not liked....but when you can say you hate or dont like a player on your (supposed) favorite team..,there is a problem....what did Rondo not sign ur autograph??  Thats because he read ur posts and knows you are Fake

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

HaHaHa.  I wouldn't even accept an autograph from Rondo!!  unless it was written on toilet paper.  then I could sell it to Dudder for a handsome profit as a backup to his overflowing Rondo instigated Depends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

jayshizzle, people are starting to see that Rondo is actually coming out of his terrible slump and rounding himself out for the playoffs. they are not going to have anything to hate on him about come playoff time, so they decide to try and tell us wat kinda guy he is personally to justify why they hate him.

ive never heard fans complain about a guy like ppl do rondo. they dont like him bc he is quiet, still-faced, doesnt show alot of emotion on the court. they want guys who will strut around, raise their arms in the air after plays. Rondo just does his job. he doesnt need to showboat, his game showboats for him. if a teammate is getting bullied or roughed up, hes the FIRST guy to get up there and defend his teammate. what a terrible guy. 

PATHETIC POST.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Wrong.  I never thought Rondo was any good, its just now that I realize that I don't like him either.  and I'm not agreeing that Rondo is improving. He had one better game (even though his man won the game at the end) after a string of aweful games.  He needs to play well (with the exception of his horrible shooting that will never improve) every game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But why is that so important?  You don't know the guy personally.  Some people really are uncomfortable talking to the media and that discomfort shows in the interviews.  I think the emotion he shows on court is there, just subtle and understated.  Remember the last time they played Miami and he was keeping LeBron in check?  The emotion and drive were obviously there.  Yes, the Big 3 help Rondo - probably a lot - but in many ways he carried that whole team during last year's playoff run.  And who's to say that with some hard work, his shooting won't get better?  I just don't understand the intense hatred of this guy.  Has he ever trashed his coach or teammates in public?  Yelled at Doc during games like Rowe and Wicks were known to do to Tommy back in the 70s?  Drink himself into oblivion like Vin Baker?  No, none of these things.  He's coming out of a slump.  He'll be back and nearly the whole board will love him again.

It's one thing to criticize his game, and like any player, there are things to criticize about him from a basketball standpoint.  But too many people on this board are over the top about him.  That I will never understand.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Taking the Rondo discussion one step further:
    [QUOTE] Wrong.  I never thought Rondo was any good, its just now that I realize that I don't like him either.  and I'm not agreeing that Rondo is improving. He had one better game (even though his man won the game at the end) after a string of aweful games.  He needs to play well (with the exception of his horrible shooting that will never improve) every game.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

If you go to his official website, http://www.rajonrondo9.com/ you really get a feel for the personality behind the blank stare... especially the profile section on his "likes and dislikes."

He is clearly shooting for the pre-teen and teeny-booper demographics to sell his #9  jerseys to.

BTW, his eyes blink at you every 15 seconds or so. He is cool as ice.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

after he rondos the bulls pg in may more folks are going to be talking about this guy. who is now or ever has been a more polarizing player in any sport?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]But why is that so important?  You don't know the guy personally.  Some people really are uncomfortable talking to the media and that discomfort shows in the interviews.  I think the emotion he shows on court is there, just subtle and understated.  Remember the last time they played Miami and he was keeping LeBron in check?  The emotion and drive were obviously there.  Yes, the Big 3 help Rondo - probably a lot - but in many ways he carried that whole team during last year's playoff run.  And who's to say that with some hard work, his shooting won't get better?  I just don't understand the intense hatred of this guy.  Has he ever trashed his coach or teammates in public?  Yelled at Doc during games like Rowe and Wicks were known to do to Tommy back in the 70s?  Drink himself into oblivion like Vin Baker?  No, none of these things.  He's coming out of a slump.  He'll be back and nearly the whole board will love him again. It's one thing to criticize his game, and like any player, there are things to criticize about him from a basketball standpoint.  But too many people on this board are over the top about him.  That I will never understand.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

couldnt have said it better. at all.  ive come to the conclusion that most of these posters are older men and women, that watched basketball in the 60's and 70's. and (no offense), but they dont want to see a young, confident pg starting to take the spotlight away from 3 old, seasoned, veteran future hall of famers. the thing is, wen you look at Rondo, his demeanor is very similar to Ray Allens. no theatrical interviews, not a lot of smiling, no huge emotion wen he hits huge shots, just that little shooter signal. but Ray is a hall of famer, so for some reason rondo isnt aloud to have the same demeanor. why? i nor anyone that posts about it will ever b able to logically explain it.

its time 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Taking the Rondo discussion one step further : If you go to his official website, http://www.rajonrondo9.com/  you really get a feel for the personality behind the blank stare... especially the profile section on his "likes and dislikes." He is clearly shooting for the pre-teen and teeny-booper demographics to sell his #9  jerseys to. BTW, his eyes blink at you every 15 seconds or so. He is cool as ice. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

did u really hate wat he has to say with his likes and dislikes?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Remember how polarizing Ali was early in his career...he didn't change his personna but came out the other end as one of the most beloved athletes ever.  Probably because he was kind and compassionate, as well as funny, entertaining...and well, great at whatever he was committed to.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo again. I actually most admire his competitive streak...when he gets competitive look out. And, yeah, he does have other players' backs, just ask Carmello, whose head he nearly took off after Ray got bloodied up.  But he does have a lot, a lot of attitude; and more than someone of his level of accomplishment ought to...and he needs to play some man defense...his ole routine may expose Kristic as a bad help defender (cool, we get it), but enough already...Collison and other B-rated point guards blowing by you to win games...vergonha!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Taking the Rondo discussion one step further:
    [QUOTE]This is a bit extreme, and I don't think I have felt this way about any other Celtics player(s) in 50 years other than maybe the Curtis Rowe and Sidney Wicks debacle...not only do I think that Rondo is a grossly over-rated basketball player and a severaly flawed teammate...I JUST DON'T LIKE RONDO. Has anybody seen him smile?  What a dour sob.  His moody antics are tiresome. His interviews are lifeless and his character is unappealing.  Declaring that he is is the "best PG in the league" is delusional at best, but certainly an arrogant ego out of control. so coupled with the fact that he is not a likeable person to begin with, when I see him miss a wide open 12 jumper that an average high school PGs would make, or pound the ball until there are 5 seconds left on the clock before launching an ill advised clancker, etc etc.... my relationship with Rondo is irreconcilable and I'm sure he is pining over it at this very minute.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I've seen him smile about as often as Larry Bird. I loved Bird, something tells me he wasn't a warm cuddly guy. 

Probably because he said things like this to his opponents: "I'm going to this e-ffing spot and I'm going to shoot this eff-ing shot in your ef-fing face and their is nothing you can do about it."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Rondo's a racehorse who needs to run. These guys are old and cannot keep up for more than a quarter. People refuse to see this. They're not beating anybody down the floor. 300 pound BBD shows more life than any of them right now, but they'll be back.

In NBA years they are ancient. Yeah, the middle's open for business with Perk gone, but 15 pt. quarters?! That's on the offense. If they were open, Rondo would get it to them. It's awful... but it's age. Doc's tried to address this with subs but got handed a bunch of new guys and it's not working out... now, anyway. Green is bigger and better than I thought but looks befuddled.

They're going through the dog days of the season and everyone looks horrible. Try and remember what they looked like the first couple of months. That's what we're hoping for in the playoffs. It could still happen. Think Bill Russell's 68 and 69 teams or... last year. This is awful but there still may be a pot of gold at the end of it all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

I love this about rondo. little things like trying to get into the heat's huddle, hassling lebron all the way up the court, or throwing a basketball at varajao's balls last playoffs, talking trash. I don't care if he doesn't smile, in fact, I like it. other teams must hate him.

he may be a little pest, but he's our little pest

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

You can hate Rondo for his on or off the court demeanor, which is just silly.   Without this guy the Celtics are missing a huge piece of the championship puzzle.  Pencil him in for 38+ plus minutes of pretty good PG play every night.  Think that kind of PG grows on trees?  All he does is play with nagging injuries and produce.  He's in a bit of a dry spell, but he'll snap out of it.     

Can Rondo improve?  I'm still waiting for that consistent jumper.  Is he hard headed?  I'd say at times he can be.  For a guy drafted in the 20's and making $11 mil a year, he has been worth every penny and is much better than we could've dreamed he'd be.  The C's got him for a bargain, and even with his faults he is among the top tier of PGs in the NBA. 

Unless they're getting Deron Williams or Chris Paul in here, I'll be happy with Rondo.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

“It’s not just Hibbert, it’s dribble penetration,’’ Rondo said after the game. “And it’s not just today. A lot of teams have been dominating us in the paint as far as offensive rebounds.

“It’s not just the bigs but guards have to crack back on the rebounding. Right now, a lot of teams are living in the paint. That’s something we usually don’t allow.’’

-------------------------------------
    Wow, Rondo callin out the bigs. Funny thing is I never heard him say this when his girlfriend (Perk) was still with the team.

Let's see maybe teams are living in the paint because of your matador, reaching defense which gets the bigs in trouble.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]“It’s not just Hibbert, it’s dribble penetration,’’ Rondo said after the game. “And it’s not just today. A lot of teams have been dominating us in the paint as far as offensive rebounds. “It’s not just the bigs but guards have to crack back on the rebounding. Right now, a lot of teams are living in the paint. That’s something we usually don’t allow.’’ ------------------------------------- Wow, Rondo callin out the bigs. Funny thing is I never heard him say this when his girlfriend (Perk) was still with the team. Let's see maybe teams are living in the paint because of your matador, reaching defense which gets the bigs in trouble.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Maybe the bigs need to call lil' Rondo out and suggest that he stay infront of his man on defense.. and attract his man on offense.

Makes life easier for the other four.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

When  Rondo  is  playing  well, he's  probably  the  league's  6th  or  7th  best  PG.  Lately, he's  been  playing  like  the  15th  best  PG.  His  strengths  are :  his  ability  to  penetrate  and  pass; his  rebounding;  his  steals.  His  weaknesses  are :  holding  onto  the  ball  too  long; outside  shooting; foul  shooting; too  many  hot  dog  passes;  inability  to  stay  in  front  of  his  opposition  and  fight  through  picks.  I  expect  come  playoffs, he'll  turn  up  his  game.  His  dour  personality  doesn't  concern  me  unless  it  affects  the  team  and  how  Doc  coaches  him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]“It’s not just Hibbert, it’s dribble penetration,’’ Rondo said after the game. “And it’s not just today. A lot of teams have been dominating us in the paint as far as offensive rebounds. “It’s not just the bigs but guards have to crack back on the rebounding. Right now, a lot of teams are living in the paint. That’s something we usually don’t allow.’’ ------------------------------------- Wow, Rondo callin out the bigs. Funny thing is I never heard him say this when his girlfriend (Perk) was still with the team. Let's see maybe teams are living in the paint because of your matador, reaching defense which gets the bigs in trouble.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Wow!   reading is fundamental Bias!  I cant believe that you have a hard on for Rondo so bad, that you would actually post a quote from him and miscontrue it.  He clearly said , its not the bigs...its dribble penetration!  that means he is calling himself out...and you even have some pathetic followers who agreed with you...thats really disturbing...I think he takes enough heat not to have people like you lie like a rug to make him look bad....well, atleast next time dont post the quote , you are embaressing yourself...  Please read again!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He said its not just Hibbert and guards have to do better, and he said WE have been dominated in the paint....When does he call out the bigs?  I missed it..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um I did read...did YOU read it??

And it’s not just today. A lot of teams have been dominating us in the paint as far as offensive rebounds.

That is calling out the bigs.

“It’s not just the bigs but guards have to crack back on the rebounding"

That is calling out the guards, but the guards primary jobs aren't to rebound. He's saying the guards need to help rebound.

Right now, a lot of teams are living in the paint. That’s something we usually don’t allow.’’

That is calling out the bigs again.

-------------------------------------

So Jayshizzle45 what the heck are you talking about?? Just because he says the guards needs to help rebound isn't calling out the guards. How about saying "the guards need to defend on the perimeter better so we don't get our bigs in compromising positions.

He used the words dominated and living in the paint. If that's not a call out I don't know what one is...I can already see you don't.

Sections
Shortcuts