Taking the Rondo discussion one step further

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Taking the Rondo discussion one step further

In Response to Re: Taking the Rondo discussion one step further:
    Rondo again. I actually most admire his competitive streak...when he gets competitive look out. And, yeah, he does have other players' backs, just ask Carmello, whose head he nearly took off after Ray got bloodied up.  But he does have a lot, a lot of attitude; and more than someone of his level of accomplishment ought to...and he needs to play some man defense...his ole routine may expose Kristic as a bad help defender (cool, we get it), but enough already...Collison and other B-rated point guards blowing by you to win games...vergonha!
    Posted by futbal

superb post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

How can you call someone out by using the word WE??

and do you really think he is trying to call out one individual or position.??  I guess you can see it that way if you choose, but until he calls out names, and while he is saying WE, I think you have to take what he sais at face value....He is clearly saying his team is up and down...and he didnt exclude himself because he said it starts with dribble penetration, which is on him.  Also, is he lying about something?  We have been getting killed on the glass by 2nd chance points, and he has been getting more boards than our bigs lately...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok, Doc called the entire team out the other day and everyone knew who he was talking about when he said "right now it's me, me, me attitude. The next game Rondo sits with a pinky injury.

Rarely will you see a player or coach name names. You have to read between the lines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No, you have to read what he said...Why arent you taking Pierces frustrated comments and turning them into some sort of an issue?

This is calling someone out...and I am more concerned about that ,then what you percieve Rondo to be doing...

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/28078276

K.G.., said to Doc, dont ever call us soft again, after being called out...This is an issue!    Rondo saying the team needs to rebound better is not an issue. Plain n' simple

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

Ok, Doc called the entire team out the other day and everyone knew who he was talking about when he said "right now it's me, me, me attitude. The next game Rondo sits with a pinky injury. Rarely will you see a player or coach name names. You have to read between the lines.
    Posted by BiasLewis

While he was probably referering to Rondo as well, I thought he was actually talking about Pierce, who had taken an inordinate amount of 3's even though he was missing all of them.  Allen has had almost no shots, yet Pierce is chucking up 3's like he's playing the game at the fair.  And so far he's not winning any prizes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No, you have to read what he said...Why arent you taking Pierces frustrated comments and turning them into some sort of an issue? This is calling someone out...and I am more concerned about that ,then what you percieve Rondo to be doing... http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/28078276 K.G.., said to Doc, dont ever call us soft again, after being called out...This is an issue!    Rondo saying the team needs to rebound better is not an issue. Plain n' simple
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Good article but I seriously doubt they TOLD Doc anything. I believe their play did the talking and it translated to "now who did you call soft".

It seemed to only one one game anyway.

I take Rondo's comments as a shot against not only the bigs but at Ainge for trading Perk. Just putting focus on it tells you where his head is at. He should talk about how his play has been garbage the last month and don't worry about the paint.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

LMAO,  Ok, you just showed me where your head is at...I will give in on this discussion , cuz I cant win.

You are one who likes to take one statement and turn it into something that you think it means based on a Bias towards a certain player....

When someone gives you an actual quote of what someone said, you say its false...so what am I missing?...Do you have some sort of mind reading capability that allows you to see what others are thinking that you dont need to take their words as truth.  K.G. said thats what he said!,.but No, no,no....Let us take Bias' word on what really happened...uh, no thanks...I dont argue with magicians, witches, sorcerers and the like...I have no chance...I am a mere mortal...just using the facts and info in front of me...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Um I did read...did YOU read it?? And it’s not just today. A lot of teams have been dominating us in the paint as far as offensive rebounds. That is calling out the bigs. “It’s not just the bigs but guards have to crack back on the rebounding" That is calling out the guards, but the guards primary jobs aren't to rebound. He's saying the guards need to help rebound.   Right now, a lot of teams are living in the paint. That’s something we usually don’t allow.’’ That is calling out the bigs again. ------------------------------------- So Jayshizzle45 what the heck are you talking about?? Just because he says the guards needs to help rebound isn't calling out the guards. How about saying "the guards need to defend on the perimeter better so we don't get our bigs in compromising positions. He used the words dominated and living in the paint. If that's not a call out I don't know what one is...I can already see you don't.
    Posted by BiasLewis

That's just not watching the games. The bigs are not in trouble because of rondo. it is because Krystic is slow, and not strong enough to push other centers out of the lane. He has made quite a few opposing big men, look like Wilt Chamberlain lately. 

btw, Rondo is the highest rated defensive point guard in the league. It's just flat out sily to complain about his defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Great Rondo Pass From Celtics Hub:

"Alright, now how many players can make this pass, going full speed, against an above average defensive team fighting for its playoff life?  If you say “many” I say you are a liar."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Are you looking for a POINT GUARD or a DATE.. He doesn't smile..he doesn't talk to the media.. He runs the team..He leads league in assists... Go watch the soaps..
    Posted by BBALLIQ

Watching the melodrama (the pouting, the miriad of "injuries", the lack of effort, the mercurial behavior, the benchings, the erratic play) surrounding Rondo is exactly like watching the soaps.

It needs to stop.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I go back to the 1958-9 season and I cannot remember a Celtic player whose personality (and game) I feel so strongly negative about with the exception of Vin Baker. I would love for him to wear a Laker or  Heat uniform. I would rank him right up there with LBJ or Kobe whose games I tee-totally detest... in a heart beat. Utterly selfish and self absorbed. Lazy as sin and defensive/blind about his flaws... as are his followers. Its the damnedest thing I've ever seen... and I blame management for handling him so very poorly and never requiring him and his game to grow up. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin

geez, i think you're harsh on vin- i thought he was a harmless soul who was really lost in the booze.

but you're exactly right w/ how the celts treated rondo from day one.  he must have been pissy and aloof from the word "go" in a celtics uniform and danny buckled after 20 games of freelancing for a 30 win team and declared him "starter of the future" even though he had gaping holes in the fundamentals.

fast forward five years and if anything rondo has become more dour, and is resigned to think that bricklayin' and all he is an elite player.  i can't think of any player who believed he was elite when having zero shooting skills. 

rondo is starting to look like a personality akin to rod strickland.  prik extraordinaire who thinks his crap don't stink.  and doesn't care about the team.  and rondo lovers, please explain to me how this kid "cares about the team" and yet hasn't done the simple work to get proficient on a jumper and the free throw.  that's what the TEAM needs for this kid to be elite. 

but rondo the individual has his ego padding him and he's good enough for him the way he is.  in fact in his own mind he's one of the best.  Surprised

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Taking the Rondo discussion one step further : Watching the melodrama (the pouting, the miriad of "injuries", the lack of effort, the mercurial behavior, the benchings, the erratic play) surrounding Rondo is exactly like watching the soaps. It needs to stop. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

when have you ever seen him "pout"? please give me an example. your angry at him bc he has been injured..and playing thru it..hmm..nobody on that team is going to let him play with a lack of effort, trust me on that, and if there was no effort he wouldnt be playing at all as he was dealing with alot of injury problems. his behavior is wat? plain? straight laced? people should know that the guy is shy and doesnt like to put himself out there, source? he said so himself. benchings? when has the guy been benched? lets be clear, he was out two games ago bc he reaggravated his finger, and only played the nxt nite bc they had a two day break looming..no benchings have occured. and even if u think doc benched him under the radar, it hasnt been confirmed so dont add it as a fact. erratic play? one thing i will halfly agree with you on..some of his passes dont make sense. and i agree he should lay up easy layups. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

LMAO,  Ok, you just showed me where your head is at...I will give in on this discussion , cuz I cant win. You are one who likes to take one statement and turn it into something that you think it means based on a Bias towards a certain player.... When someone gives you an actual quote of what someone said, you say its false...so what am I missing?...Do you have some sort of mind reading capability that allows you to see what others are thinking that you dont need to take their words as truth.  K.G. said thats what he said!,.but No, no,no....Let us take Bias' word on what really happened...uh, no thanks...I dont argue with magicians, witches, sorcerers and the like...I have no chance...I am a mere mortal...just using the facts and info in front of me...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I understand your point. Let's be honest here though, do you really think they approached Doc in that manner after knowing how up/down they've been playing? These are vets that know Doc is trying to push buttons.

BTW, I'm not a Rondo Hater. I like Rondo and have always supported him. I guess my point is that all this drama over a f----ing trade is ridiculous. He needs to be professional and as for his comments I still think his man to man defense could be much better. Someone said why question Rondo's defense when he's tops among the league in steals. Well alot of steals players get are from them helping and covering passing lanes...not so much man to man defense.

I don't know, I just think something is going on in Rondo's head right now and he's not totally focused on basketball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Bias, my only question is, why is everyone so convinced that Rondo was slumping bc he was upseet at the Perk trade..has that been confirmed?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

well, Yes.  Why would I not believe that K.G. the same guy who gets fired up and does the same routine every night...gives 110% even if its not enough because he is exhausted, has to be pulled from practice cuz he wont sit..and cusses all game and has a problem with anyone who challenges him, yeah that guy...why would I not believe that he did not like being called soft..??  It was written, I didnt write it..

I think we can all speculate as to whats wrong with people on the team, but nooone really knows except for those in the locker room , so when a locker room report comes out, I would rather believe, than take your opinion...im sorry.

as far as rondo's comments...I believe when he sais dribble penetration....he is saying that guards are penetrating by him and getting to the rack...so without letting the whole NBA know he has an issue , he is doing his job by talking to the media., and told it like it was....He said he gives up too much dribble penetration and the team gives up too many offensive boards, and its true...  Look, if K.G. can be upset...why cant Rondo.??   This vets are pissed(IMO) at Doc for yelling at them for effort when they havent had a rest since february and even then they all played in the all-star game....even Doc looks stressed...and its spilling over the fans...we all need to just chill out and cut them some slack....Doc is toeing the line of losing this team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I don't think the trade has anything to do with Rondo's slump. I do think he is back to fighting again with the Big 3 and I do think he is less than 100%. I don't see the aggressiveness in his game at all and he has regressed in his shooting and FTs.

He needs to grow up and FIX what's wrong. That's what leaders...true leaders...do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Bias, my only question is, why is everyone so convinced that Rondo was slumping bc he was upseet at the Perk trade..has that been confirmed?
    Posted by JamezHill24

I will take this question one step further..

Why does everyone think that Rondo is the only one affected by Perk if thats what the problem is.   We all know Perk and Rondo were good buddies, but what about everyone else...Did you not see "the associate"  ?   Thats 1st hand, eye witness account of players looking beat and ready to cry..thats K.G. , P., Ray and even Doc and Danny shed tears...so why does Rondo take all the heat of Perk leaving when its obviously effected the whole team if anything...so either its a non issue or its a issue with the TEAM,  ubuntu!  it was a family and whats up w/ Doc blowing his lid, .losing patience with Kristic...yelling at Murphy, calling the team soft..etc??...this whole team is dysfuntional, and im  a but worried..but just wondering how one guy takes the fall for all that...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Jayshizzle45,

YOu make very good and valid points no question about that.

Something is wrong with the team (execution, defense, rebounding, losing leads, turnovers at the end of games, sloppy play, etc)

We really don't know what's going on with Rondo because he tries to act like nothing affects him but his play dropped off significantly since Perk was traded. We're not talking just a few bad games we're talking falling off a cliff. If he had played like this before the break he wouldn't have been an All Star.

Everyone is frustrated. The core probably want some rest and we've had injuries all season and it's probably wearing on them. Doc is probably exhausted and disturbed because he hasn't seen his team the entire season. It's been a revolving door and it doesn't allow him to set a rotation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

we can def, agree there....I think its just Doc still trying to salvage homecourt, and the players thinking "get off my back, im 33 y/o and playing 35 minutes!"  - "e ff homecourt...I need rest"  and Doc is thinking its effort and trying to push buttons but what he is doing is pushing button alright...the wrong ones..and when you start questioning hall of famers effort when you shouldnt and you did really nothing as a pg in Atlanta in terms of winning...it can get old...so my point was , I'm more worried that theres fighting in house then Rondo calling out bigs....cuz as the end of the day...the players are not divided..but there can be a divide between coach and players...and we are seeing that, IMO...but good news..once we get guys back, start winning then all we be forgotten...they are a family and families fight...but Doc needs to chill out...and sit K.G. for a game, if he wants his PF in the playoffs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Hmmm, ok i'm on board with most of that. It could be a divide with the players because they may feel like Doc could've vetoed the trade. Maybe it's just a long season and it's worn on everyone. Everyone expected the bench to step up and make life easier but we've had two different teams and like you said the core is feeling like "get off our back". The problem is if they don't play well, we don't win...period.

I think Doc is gone after this season anyway but I would hate to see things unraveling as we go into April. The end of the season can't get here quick enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

this core group is not going to let doc down come playoffs. so much uncertain about the future - doc, baby, the lockout, which is likely to turn into a more frustrating disappointment than we want to let on. kg has already reminded us a few times about his own uncertain future. i cannot see the primary pieces not getting it together. they're all better than that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

wow!  you have been watching since the 50's and cant find anyone besides Vin that you didnt like? Vin was actually a pretty good guy.  Yeah, he was a bust that drank too much, but its not his fault someone paid him like that...but since when do players need to be likeable?  How many players you think liked M.J. ?  The guy was punching out his own teamates,..but they respected his will to win.  If the greatest basketball player of all time is an *sshole, then I dont mind Rondo being one....I can understand if you wanna critisize his shooting, F/t's  etc, but he has to be appealing to YOU now?!?!    Wow Matta of fact most of the great players were not liked....but when you can say you hate or dont like a player on your (supposed) favorite team..,there is a problem....what did Rondo not sign ur autograph??  Thats because he read ur posts and knows you are Fake
    Posted by JayShizzle45

The uds don`t like Rondo.Shocking. The sad thing is that the rest of us have been subjected to one identical boring critique of Rondo`s game after another so that they could  vent their spleen.

Sections
Shortcuts