Talk to the Suns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Talk to the Suns

If the playoffs started today, Phoenix would not be in them. The Suns might as well save money and rebuild for the future. How about the following deal:

To Phoenix - Jermaine O'Neal (1 year left), Marquis Daniels (0 years left), Avery Bradley (3 years left at short money), future 1st round draft pick.

To Boston - Marcin Gortat (3 years left), Grant Hill (0 years left).

Gortat is a quality center who could play 20 minutes a night immediately. He would be a definite upgrade over the O'Neals. Hill would be the perfect backup SF/SG for Pierce and Allen, and he's familiar with Doc Rivers. Apparently Hill enjoys playing in Phoenix, but with the Suns going nowhere this year, why wouldn't he want to play for a few months in Boston and then re-sign with Phoenix in the off-season if he loves it there so much?

From the Suns' perspective, in Avery Bradley they're picking up a 20 yearold potential replacement for 38 yearold Steve Nash and a future first round draft pick. They're also getting significant cap relief because Jermaine O'Neal only has 1 year left on his deal, compared to 3 years for Marcin Gortat.

If Phoenix likes Nate Robinson for whatever reason, he could be included in the deal as well, with Boston taking back some inconsequential Phoenix salary filler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Re: Talk to the Suns

I like that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would add Semih (and deduct somone)to that deal as I don't think we are giving enough up.  Gortat is young and playoff ready. And a lot less fragile than Semih who I think will be injury prone his whole career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Talk to the Suns:
    [QUOTE]I would add Semih (and deduct somone)to that deal as I don't think we are giving enough up.  Gortat is young and playoff ready. And a lot less fragile than Semih who I think will be injury prone his whole career.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Semih is not injury prone. Where did you hear that he's injury prone?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I do like that deal! Not so sure if the Suns like to take on Jermaine and Marquis. I think they'll look to go younger. So maybe we can work something out with our rookies. Hill and Gortat would fit perfectly tho. I am not sure if the Suns still think they can make the playoffs or not? They've been playing a little bit better lately...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I'd rather have Pietrus than Hill. 

PA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather have Pietrus than Hill.  PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]
    I'd go for Hill because he can take rebounds ... but I can live with Pietrus because he got the outside shot and is an excellent defender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to the Suns : I'd go for Hill because he can take rebounds ... but I can live with Pietrus because he got the outside shot and is an excellent defender.
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

I like Pietrus over Hill because I think Shaq, Garnett, Perk, Rondo, Pierce, and sometimes Davis are all capable rebounders.

Pietrus reminds me of a young James Posey

In fact, Pietrus is my new favorite trade target.  Plus he's played off the bench most of his career, whereas I think Battier is starting?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to the Suns : I like Pietrus over Hill because I think Shaq, Garnett, Perk, Rondo, Pierce, and sometimes Davis are all capable rebounders. Pietrus reminds me of a young James Posey In fact, Pietrus is my new favorite trade target.  Plus he's played off the bench most of his career, whereas I think Battier is starting?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

They are but they don't put effort in rebounding. As Grant Hill fights for his rebounds. And Hill is a perfect ball handler+ he can bring up the ball. To me Posey is the better 3 point shooter in comparison to Pietrus. But I like the idea of bringing Pietrus in. As I said he is a good defender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Pietrus would be a first quality addition, for all the reasons given. Ainge might trade away Nate, but he seems to be high on Bradley.Much as I like what I see in Smih's potential hedoes have a recor of continuing injuries which I would wonder about. Bigs are prone to those, like Oden, Walton Sr., Jermaine, and many others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Suns are giving up their new center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ur NUTS! y would phoenix make that trade? seriously? WHY WHY? even with semih, y would they trade marcin when he has been their second best player (after nash) since being traded there and is a guy to build around going forward. hill doesnt want to come off the bench and has ONE more year lefton his deal and is a close pal of nash's (joint deal).. yep pietrius may be a guy in play due to his lack of playing time and relative high salary..  those are the only guys we can trade for.. guys who are presently NOT playing who have upside on defense and shooting and can be swing players regardless of age...

Sections
Shortcuts