1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: TANK OR TRADE

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Siorry Fiierce. How many more yrs will it take for Rondo to reach his full potential? He is part of the problem. Hence the reason Ray moved on for less money. There are others out there that can do Rondo's job with less headaches involved.

[/QUOTE]

Really?

How many PGs out there are averaging more than 10 assists per game and 5 rebounds per game?

[/QUOTE]

assistis are such a crap shoot stat. many of those 'assists' are just passes to players who proceed to take a jump shots. It can be a very misleading stat.

[/QUOTE]

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Siorry Fiierce. How many more yrs will it take for Rondo to reach his full potential? He is part of the problem. Hence the reason Ray moved on for less money. There are others out there that can do Rondo's job with less headaches involved.

[/QUOTE]

Really?

How many PGs out there are averaging more than 10 assists per game and 5 rebounds per game?

[/QUOTE]

assistis are such a crap shoot stat. many of those 'assists' are just passes to players who proceed to take a jump shots. It can be a very misleading stat.

[/QUOTE]

+1

[/QUOTE]

+100.   If you dribble for 20 seconds and make a pass to someone, you're bound to have one of them hit a shot or layup 11 times in the game, especially if one or two times you pass up a breakaway layup and give the ball to someone else!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Honestly, just from what I have watched (not looking at stats), I happen to think that KG is the MVP of the Celtics right now. The defense (which hasn't been nearly as good, and what the C's are based on) is significantly better with him out there. He's declining, which is expected, but still is a team leader and clearly is the Captain of Culture (BS Report with Scal). Would you love for him to rebound more? Sure. The whole team needs it. But I don't think he's the reason for Boston's underwhelming start. He still can score. His post moves are really, really good. And he's playing further away from the basket this year (seemingly).

Rondo is an interesting case. I love Rondo. I think he's a top-10 in terms of talent. I watch him night in and night out and find myself screaming at the screen because I know he can take over a game. I think pretty much anyone, outside of LeBron, guarding him is a mismatch that he doesn't exploit. He has such a quick first step, he can blow by most of the guys that guard him. And if he can't, he's so crafty with the ball he can just outsmart them. His "lack of a jumper" hurts, but he's clearly worked on that. Instead of always looking for the assists (it's getting to the point where he reminds me a lttle of Wilt - always about the records), he should dominate the game more.

Things that need fixing: defensive communication, jump shooting, rebounding. How many wide open shots has Bass missed this year? Jet?

I'm in the camp that Sully needs to play more and that Collins is a complete waste of time. Green needs to be more assertive. Lee plays great defense. AB will help defensively. Bring Melo up around March if he continues to play well and see what happens. I don't think the C's match up with Sacremento (in terms of what the Celtics would have to give up), so I think Cousins might be a pipe dream.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

Rondo's the only player in the league averaging more than 10 assists per game this season!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, quite serious. I, along with other posters say the same thing, assists stats are overrated. Obviously his more than 10 assists is not helping win games. So, maybe he should think a bit more about finishing those layups, driving to the hole instead of passing up the layups to pass it out beyond the arc. And I am not giving KG a pass for his age. He is still a solid player. And without him, the Cs are a basement team this season. Period.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are terrible right now, but to remain a franchise that is about winning, you never tank.  Last time we tried that strategy (ML Carr coaching), we ended up irrelevant for 20 years.   Boston is NOT a destination like Miami, LA, Dallas, New York for the biggest name free agents.  So, we'd have to get some stars in the draft and that's a very risky approach.

danny has to take what he has and try to do a trade that brings a big man this year.  Then, hope that Doc and KG pull the same thing as last year and have the team playing better ball in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. I see your logic. The Celtics lost out on Duncan in 1997 and as a result, the Celtics should always look at the draft as useless and unimportant. Getting great players in a draft? That's silly! That only happens to other teams.

Your time recollection befuddles me, however. Since the Celtics 20-year period of irrelevancy began in 1988, when they lost to the Pistons in the ECF, and ended with the trade for KG and Ray Allen. How ever did the Cs pull off those trades?

I do see what you mean about not tanking, however. It's good for any team to give it their all even when competeing for the title is hopeless. This ensures that the team will be playoff fodder year in and year out, getting mid to late round picks instead of those useless higher picks. Ainge did say the 2012 draft was "weak". John Henson and Andre Drummond will never amount to anything. I'm glad DA didn't waste his time trading up to get either of them. "Never tanking" falls in line with the "all about winning chanpionships" philosophy of a team like the Celtics (one title in 26 years).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, quite serious. I, along with other posters say the same thing, assists stats are overrated. Obviously his more than 10 assists is not helping win games. So, maybe he should think a bit more about finishing those layups, driving to the hole instead of passing up the layups to pass it out beyond the arc. And I am not giving KG a pass for his age. He is still a solid player. And without him, the Cs are a basement team this season. Period.

[/QUOTE]

Did you see KG turn into Andris Biedrins at the FT line, in the clutch, tonight?

If KG is just a solid player then 11m per year means he's overpaid.

[/QUOTE]

All players in the NBA are overpaid. What is your point. I said nothing about what he gets paid. It is not relevant to the topic.

10. This post has been removed.