1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Re: TANKAPALOOZA BOWL...76'rs vs. Celtics

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's a bad team man. Most of their starters are bench players and most of their bench shouldnt be in the league.

Bayless shooting like 15 3 pointers? I don't care if he makes them or not. what a joke.

[/QUOTE]

youre spot on. Lose this game and I am not watching again this season. They're a joke right now. Stevens should be pissed but he has to take some responsibility for tonight and Wednesday. Damn shame.

[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea whether Stevens is a good coach or not. He has had a free pass all year. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he's a good coach. He has some jerks on this team, no doubt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Jeff Green giggling and grinning between free throws. Cut him Now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It's a bad team man. Most of their starters are bench players and most of their bench shouldnt be in the league.

Bayless shooting like 15 3 pointers? I don't care if he makes them or not. what a joke.

[/QUOTE]

youre spot on. Lose this game and I am not watching again this season. They're a joke right now. Stevens should be pissed but he has to take some responsibility for tonight and Wednesday. Damn shame.

[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea whether Stevens is a good coach or not. He has had a free pass all year. 

[/QUOTE]

I must admit...theyw ay they've folded like cheap suits these last two games.....they quit as they have not all year long

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Night all...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

The Boo birds needed to come out. Getting beat by A Simms and a Rodent. Reds rolling over in his grave.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I must admit...theyw ay they've folded like cheap suits these last two games.....they quit as they have not all year long

[/QUOTE]

If Stevens isn't pissed after this then I will question him as a coach too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Please, no more "Let's keep Bayless" talk. He is maybe the most consistently careless and error-prone guard I've seen in years. Cannot make ANY basic plays. Is right up (down?) there with Bradley in terms of doing ANYTHING with the ball except shoot it.

And kudos to everyone for making Henry Sims look like an all-star.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not sure. Utah's losing tonight too. 

[/QUOTE]

Orlando has 55 losses.

If Celts lose this one then Celts will have 53 losses.

It's still possible.

[/QUOTE]

Orlando sat Vucevic tonight due to an achilles injury and may sit him tomorrow night. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll see better coaching from Stevens next year after he gets this first year under his belt. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll see better coaching from Stevens next year after he gets this first year under his belt. 

[/QUOTE]

That is kind of all I meant.  The guy has gotten a free pass all year. He is a rookie, his team is horrible.  with that said they certainly haven't overachieved and Stevens had done nothing to distinguish himself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I am not dumping on Stevens, I am saying his team is rolling over like a bunch of dogs though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have seen better basketball played at the Y! Is this season over yet? Ughhhhh!! 

[/QUOTE]

It isn't just the Celtics.  Many of the NBA games between Eastern Conference teams have been difficult to watch.  Most of the teams just aren't very good. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah its terrible but you can't tell me that the C's are not better than these guys. Celts just are playing very bad basketball. Need to be ashamed of themselves. Really.

[/QUOTE]

+1...baaadddd (not good) basketball by the sons of Stevens the last 2 games

[/QUOTE]

It's sickening! I can live with it when they lose to good or even mediocre teams. But when they come out and suck against Philly, Lakers, Bucks it's totally unacceptable. Ainge's out to cut every swinging Dick out there.

[/QUOTE]

It's called tanking bro.  Calm down.  Do you really want the Lakers picking ahead of us in the draft?  This season doesn't matter anymore.  Let's get a HIGH lottery pick and look forward to next year.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I am a proponent of re-signig Bayless on the cheap.  He played 39 minutes tonight.

As much as I'm FOR his return, I definitely don't want him playing 39 minutes OF ANY GAME.

That is not how Bayless best serves this team.  How else would you expect him to perform with all those minutes?  He's a 25 minutes MAX player off the bench.  He is not a starting SG worthy of 39 minutes.

What else would you have expected?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have seen better basketball played at the Y! Is this season over yet? Ughhhhh!! 

[/QUOTE]

It isn't just the Celtics.  Many of the NBA games between Eastern Conference teams have been difficult to watch.  Most of the teams just aren't very good. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah its terrible but you can't tell me that the C's are not better than these guys. Celts just are playing very bad basketball. Need to be ashamed of themselves. Really.

[/QUOTE]

+1...baaadddd (not good) basketball by the sons of Stevens the last 2 games

[/QUOTE]

It's sickening! I can live with it when they lose to good or even mediocre teams. But when they come out and suck against Philly, Lakers, Bucks it's totally unacceptable. Ainge's out to cut every swinging Dick out there.

[/QUOTE]

It's called tanking bro.  Calm down.  Do you really want the Lakers picking ahead of us in the draft?  This season doesn't matter anymore.  Let's get a HIGH lottery pick and look forward to next year.

[/QUOTE]

I know what it's called and what it is but you don't lose to teams like this through lack of effort.  What the C's did tonight and Wednesday is not tanking it's worse. no I don't want the Lakers picking ahead of us AND I don't want to lose to them either. We'll get a good pick either way.

Tanking>>Burning down your house to collect the insurance money,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Come on Fierce, there is nothing in Bayless' game that suggests he will get what's he's getting now.  He may have gotten $3 million before but Bayless will now command $2.5 million max annually on the way DOWN to the vet minimum eventually.  Bayless' days of making more than $3 million are over.

That's a far cry less than the $7 million MINIMUM AB is delusional enough to think he'll get from the Celtics to assume the very same role (backup energy SG off the bench).

Besides, everybody looked terrible tonight so it's silly to place so much emphasis on Bayless' performance on one night.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

We are three games ahead of the Lakers and one game ahead of Utah in the race to the bottom.

Rondo and Bayless had 13 turnovers between them.

Yea baby.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:

[QUOTE]

Come on Fierce, there is nothing in Bayless' game that suggests he will get what's he's getting now.  He may have gotten $3 million before but Bayless will now command $2.5 million max annually on the way DOWN to the vet minimum eventually.  Bayless' days of making more than $3 million are over.

That's a far cry less than the $7 million MINIMUM AB is delusional enough to think he'll get from the Celtics to assume the very same role (backup energy SG off the bench).

Besides, everybody looked terrible tonight so it's silly to place so much emphasis on Bayless' performance on one night.

[/QUOTE]

Pete

I keep telling everyone here that wants to keep Bayless that Bayless will break your heart more often than not.

When Bayless was with Portland, a few years ago, I saw him a lot because NBA TV showed a lot of Blazer games back then.

Anyway, think about it, Memphis already had Tony Allen at SG.

Why did the Griz agree to take on more salary by trading Bayless for Courtney Lee?

If Bayless is as good as what you say, why did the Griz give up on Bayless?

Every team that Bayless has been with eventually gave up on him.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, because you keep telling folks what you think of Bayless, it doesn't mean miuch because it's ONLY your opinion (which I respect). 

You also keep asking why Memphis gave up on him if he was as good as I say.  First off, WHO said Bayless was good?  I didn't say Bayless was good.  He is what he is!  Memphis did not give up on him.  It's called being "expendable".  He's a backup 20-25 minutes max player who provides energy off the bench who is CAPABLE of scoring in bunches.  When he's on, he gets more minutes but when he's off, he doesn't.  That's with anyone.  Memphis traded him for, what they believed in Courtney Lee, a starting SG.

There are guys in the NBA that will be included in many trades because they are expendable (see Matt Barnes).  Matt Barnes is a decent backup player but he's expendable.  He's been on the Clips, Sac, NYK, Philly, GS, Phx and the list goes on.  Are we to assume all of these teams GAVE UP ON HIM because he's no good?

Just because he's been traded doesn't mean teams gave up on him.  You should know better than to make such an invalid statement.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree but Shabazz Napier or Andrew Harrison are not backup energy players. They would constitue long term rotation players, if not eventual starters. 

I would be perfectly fine with gaining one of them at the expense of losing Bayless. However, I just don't see getting those guys as reasonable selections considering our probable draft position.

Bayless reminds me of House and Nate - energy guys off the bench who provide one thing and one thing only. Never true starters, both could catch fire and carry a team for a quarter. Nate and Baby WON one NBA Finals game for us. You can't ask for anything more. 

Youre not looking for him to give you that energy for 30-35 minutes - like tonight. 

Sections
Shortcuts