Tankapalooza II in 2015?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Tankapalooza II in 2015?

What if 2 of the top 3 guys in this years draft (Embiid, Parker, Wiggins) go back to school next year? All three are considering it. Exum could say it it Lakers or Australia and force his way to LA.

Do the Celtics trade Rondo in a deal that brings back an unprotected 2015 pick from a team that is probably not going to be an elite title contender (even with Rondo)?

Move Green and Bass for younger talent, maybe another '15 pick in the 20's to go along with the Clippers one?

Tank again? Get a top 3 pick, one in teens and two in the 20's. Then go into summer of 2015 with enough cap space for TWO max players?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Tankapalooza II in 2015?

no.

ainge complements rondo with pieces this summer leading to playoff status spring 2015. then summer 2015 ainge adds final piece(s) to achieve contender status spring 2016. playoffs next year, bonafide contenders in two years.

no more tank. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In general, I am against trading an all-star player for a draft pick. There is just too much uncertaintly in the draft. Thee most basic risk assessment analysis tells you it is a bad idea. Rondo has his weaknesses, but, if we trade him, I would rather trade him for a known quantity. If he makes it clear he is not signing an extension, that is another story...

Regardless, it would be a huge mistake for Embiid, Parker, or Wiggins take stay another year in college. Too much at stake. All are already top three picks - their draft stock can only move in one direction, down....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Yes, Virgina, there is a Christmas and there will be TANK-A-PALOOZA Pt. 2...

Rondo will either be traded or will play out his contract and leave out of spite...he will NOT get a max contract here, he's not worth it and DA knows it...he will TRY to deal with someone to take him off our hands.

Bass will be gone, Green will be gone, Hump will be gone, AB will most likely be gone...

We will be draft choice heavy and cap room rich....the problem is we'll have little to draw FA's here...however, Rondo won't draw flies....who wants to play on a team with him? Not if he's the cornerstone! NOBODY wants to follow little Napolean's lead...Why expect NBA stars to be any different than other people...when asked whether they'd want to play with Rondo most will publicly say "Oh, sure, he's GREAT" and privately probably say "He_l NO I won't play with the little boss-man!"

Nope, we'll have to get into the lottery a second time...then we'll be 6 or 7 deep and have the makings of a talented young team that an established FA star may want to play with and for....

CONTINUE TO:

TANK - WITH HONOR....AND WITHOUT Rondo, Bass, Green and AB!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

as the self-appointed point man for rondo hatred, melly, i look forward to the summer when it becomes obvious what a BS corner you've painted yourself into. spite? there ain't no spite and there won't be any aside from you and your stance trumpeted loudly here numerous times daily for months on end whether as melly 1, 2 or 3. maybe this summer in full backstroke mode you'll be as entertaining as you like to think you are now, turkey.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Virgina, there is a Christmas and there will be TANK-A-PALOOZA Pt. 2...

Rondo will either be traded or will play out his contract and leave out of spite...he will NOT get a max contract here, he's not worth it and DA knows it...he will TRY to deal with someone to take him off our hands.

Bass will be gone, Green will be gone, Hump will be gone, AB will most likely be gone...

We will be draft choice heavy and cap room rich....the problem is we'll have little to draw FA's here...however, Rondo won't draw flies....who wants to play on a team with him? Not if he's the cornerstone! NOBODY wants to follow little Napolean's lead...Why expect NBA stars to be any different than other people...when asked whether they'd want to play with Rondo most will publicly say "Oh, sure, he's GREAT" and privately probably say "He_l NO I won't play with the little boss-man!"

Nope, we'll have to get into the lottery a second time...then we'll be 6 or 7 deep and have the makings of a talented young team that an established FA star may want to play with and for....

CONTINUE TO:

TANK - WITH HONOR....AND WITHOUT Rondo, Bass, Green and AB!!!!

[/QUOTE]

A lot of ASSumptions in your post.  What sources do you have to back your rant? How do you know what Rondo is going to do?  Are you Rondo or his agent? I guess if you say it enough it will come true.  Good luck!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Well...to all my "Rondonians" trust me, unlike almost every other poster here, if I am wrong on thinking Rondon't won't be here one way or the other after next season I will admit my wrong prognostication, but I strongly doubt I'll have to....

But it's not a rant...it's my opinion...don't be so defensive...you sound a bit hysterical about Rondon't my dear Rondonians, truly..relax...if I'm so wrong, just don't pay any attention to me....

Wouldn't that help you sleep better at night? I think it would...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts