Team Chemistry and On-court Chemistry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Team Chemistry and On-court Chemistry

-

No doubt that since the Big Trade team chemistry took a hit and has never recovered.  We got perfectly capable NBA players in exchange for Perk and Nate, Semi and Luke.  Marquis was unlikely to return from his neck injury. Yet this was a very tight-knit group of friends from top to bottom, from what I understand, and the disruption the trade caused, it seems, was of such a disruptive nature that the team never recovered. 

It’s obvious that the on-court chemistry is not there in the 2nd unit.  Green is slow in getting it, and he still looks tentative even as he’s been playing better.  Doc, for some reason, does not want to give Kristic minutes, though he had great chemistry with the starters when he first came over.   Delonte is playing out of position.  Big Baby Davis, playing with both the starters and the bench looks lost out there against the Heat:  although he’s been playing with great heart, he’s just not getting the job done.

I really thought that after a week off and time to practice the chemistry would have been better and that Kristic and Green would be more incorporated into the flow of the offense and defense.  That’s not been the case.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Re: Team Chemistry and On-court Chemistry

I think you are absolutely right. But i think it goes deeper than this.

There is something going on in the celtics lockeroom we do not know about...

You just don't go from been a great team to struggling so much.

And it happened right after the big trade.

1. Who's decision was it to make the trade?

2. Did doc rivers agreed with the trade?

3. Are the players angry because of the trade?

4.Why such poor play from almost every single player all of a sudden?

5. Ray allen and garnet do not resemble the great players they are ,,,neither
    is  pierce? Is it due to the heats defense? Do we give the heats defense some credit for this?

6. Big baby isnt playing lights out after his comments about the heats bench. Although the celtics bench did play better than the heats bench in the second game yesterday.

I have questions about both teams....

I used to be a celtics fan long before the heat existed.

`

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to Team Chemistry and On-court Chemistry:
    - No doubt that since the Big Trade team chemistry took a hit and has never recovered.   We got perfectly capable NBA players in exchange for Perk and Nate, Semi and Luke.   Marquis was unlikely to return from his neck injury. Yet this was a very tight-knit group of friends from top to bottom, from what I understand, and the disruption the trade caused, it seems, was of such a disruptive nature that the team never recovered.   It’s obvious that the on-court chemistry is not there in the 2 nd unit.   Green is slow in getting it, and he still looks tentative even as he’s been playing better.   Doc, for some reason, does not want to give Kristic minutes, though he had great chemistry with the starters when he first came over.    Delonte is playing out of position.   Big Baby Davis, playing with both the starters and the bench looks lost out there against the Heat:   although he’s been playing with great heart, he’s just not getting the job done. I really thought that after a week off and time to practice the chemistry would have been better and that Kristic and Green would be more incorporated into the flow of the offense and defense.   That’s not been the case. Ski on Twitter http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Nice post. Very thoughtful. We really lack team chemistry. We are very slow on defense and we look lost on offense. But I believe all will be corrected in game 3. We will even the series at 2-2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Team Chemistry and On-court Chemistry:

I think you are absolutely right. But i think it goes deeper than this. There is something going on in the celtics lockeroom we do not know about... You just don't go from been a great team to struggling so much. And it happened right after the big trade. 1. Who's decision was it to make the trade? 2. Did doc rivers agreed with the trade? 3. Are the players angry because of the trade? ___________________________________________________________ 4.Why such poor play from almost every single player all of a sudden? 5. Ray allen and garnet do not resemble the great players they are ,,,neither is  pierce? Is it due to the heats defense? Do we give the heats defense some credit for this? 6. Big baby isnt playing lights out after his comments about the heats bench. Although the celtics bench did play better than the heats bench in the second game yesterday. I have questions about both teams.... I used to be a celtics fan long before the heat existed. `

Posted by Wade3

-
    Some good legit questions there.  I'd like to be a fly on the wall. 

I suspect anger all around based on an . . . if it ain't broke, don't fix it, mentality --  they might think Danny panicked and where is unbuntu for Perk, when you need it?

But let me point out that Ray had a game for the ages in Game 1, deadly shooting and kept them in the game almost by himself.  In game 2 he had only 7 attempts which is criminal.  Doc's Force Feeding KG is what lead to this. . . that and Rondo's poor play which was not reflected in the boxscore.

Ski on Twitter

http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

At this juncture, it appears to be worse than that which you are describing. The guys just don't seem to have the heart to go down fighting like they did in 2009 and last year. Lack of chemistry is just an excuse. I can live with them losing to the Heat if that's how it ends up, but if they quit and don't give everything they've got, I don't want to see them in Celtics uniforms...Red Aurbach, Bill Russell, Bird, Hondo, JoJo White, Cowens, these guys had standards about being a Celtic and that's what I root for; not some guy named KG, Paul, etc.; I root for what the Celtics represent and I hope that this team can get back to that; win or lose.  I feel certain Paul will, and I hope the Captain can lead the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Team Chemistry and On-court Chemistry:
    - No doubt that since the Big Trade team chemistry took a hit and has never recovered.   We got perfectly capable NBA players in exchange for Perk and Nate, Semi and Luke.   Marquis was unlikely to return from his neck injury. Yet this was a very tight-knit group of friends from top to bottom, from what I understand, and the disruption the trade caused, it seems, was of such a disruptive nature that the team never recovered.   It’s obvious that the on-court chemistry is not there in the 2 nd unit.   Green is slow in getting it, and he still looks tentative even as he’s been playing better.   Doc, for some reason, does not want to give Kristic minutes, though he had great chemistry with the starters when he first came over.    Delonte is playing out of position.   Big Baby Davis, playing with both the starters and the bench looks lost out there against the Heat:   although he’s been playing with great heart, he’s just not getting the job done. I really thought that after a week off and time to practice the chemistry would have been better and that Kristic and Green would be more incorporated into the flow of the offense and defense.   That’s not been the case. Ski on Twitter http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Another great post.  Team chemistry is definitely still lacking.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

At this juncture, it appears to be worse than that which you are describing. The guys just don't seem to have the heart to go down fighting like they did in 2009 and last year. Lack of chemistry is just an excuse. I can live with them losing to the Heat if that's how it ends up, but if they quit and don't give everything they've got, I don't want to see them in Celtics uniforms...Red Aurbach, Bill Russell, Bird, Hondo, JoJo White, Cowens, these guys had standards about being a Celtic and that's what I root for; not some guy named KG, Paul, etc.; I root for what the Celtics represent and I hope that this team can get back to that; win or lose.  I feel certain Paul will, and I hope the Captain can lead the way.
    Posted by futbal

The Captain may be too injured to lead with his "A" game and he is one of the few on the team that doesn't always need help to create his own shot. This is a price you pay when you put your eggs in the collective basket of older players. Someone like Derrick Rose will be able to recouperate faster than Pierce because of youth. I doubt if Jeff Green is ready to give the C's Pierce-like numbers playing Pierce-type minutes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Posted by futbal

I think there's no issue with their "heart" or desire or however you want to put it.
    Why do you say this is an issue? Because the results have not been what you expected?
    Does playing with heart automatically guarantee wins? No.

Sections
Shortcuts