3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Team Cuts

But this can't be, our resident expert and soothsayer Fierce34 has said Babb is no good, absolutely won't make the team and that is the kiss of death...  then he followed it up with his patented "HAHAHA LOLOLOL" which is a sign of utter superiority and knowledge.

Laughable.

Baab will make this team and eventually be a player because he is big, strong, plays good defense and is the best three point shooter on our team and maybe beyond.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Babb was a good college player who made a circuitous route through the NCAA, transferring from Penn State to go to Iowa midway through his college career.  He was a very good and consistent college player.  The list of college players who had great averages in college but didn't blow up the stat sheet before going on to great NBA careers is endless, this is college where if you don't do what the coach insists you don't play.  He might be a project but you can't teach 6'5" 225 pounds and a willingness to defend.

He hit 36% of his threes for his college career, hit 38% his senior season and is shooting 44% for the Celtics, that's pretty good.  He was also considered his team's best defender at Iowa:

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/mens_basketball/article_87bb83a6-6f27-11e1-8e05-001871e3ce6c.html

Wherever you're getting your "knowledge" from, rotoworld, slam magazine, you should put it down and consider using critical thinking skills instead.

Because you don't get it, you got that right...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The player I would compare Babb to also went undrafted, but he did a few things well that gave him a long healthy NBA career; defend, know when to pass and knock down threes.  You seem to think I'm saying Babb is going to turn into a high flying scorer, I think he could turn into a Bruce Bowen type player, a guy like that can have a career on any NBA team.  Babb has to work and make it happen but the potential is there.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

Babb doesn't make the squad come opening night....I bet they pick up another big...lord knows they need one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Babb is gone....http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4707688/celtics-waive-four-camp-invites

http://nesn.com/2013/10/celtics-waive-guard-chris-babb-three-others-in-roster-cutdown/

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/10/boston_celtics_roster_trimmed_1.html

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about this, Mployee, if Babb is still with the Celts on opening night, I make a thread about how wrong I was in thinking Babb would not make the team.

But if Babb is not with the Celts on opening night, you make a thread about how stupid you were in thinking Babb would make the team.

Deal?

[/QUOTE]

You betting again??????????????????????????????????

Don't worry Mployee he will man up this time...

laughing out loud

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey GK, Babb was just waived. 

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

25. This post has been removed.