Team Intact with 2 Aquisitions & we are Contenders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Team Intact with 2 Aquisitions & we are Contenders

I don't mean that we need keep PP & KG for loyalty sake. But I feel if we had had a strong presence in the post, KG was not enough and losing Perk only affected us in 2010 and maybe 2011 but not 2012 as Perk deteriorated, we'd been strong contenders.

I do not know how we can get a Big Man without trading Rondo. But with a Howard, Gasol, Cousins, Hibbert, healthy Bynum etc. and a scorer because we lost Allen & Terry is not dependable like Redick, we could compete with the older PP & KG next year & Sully back too & maybe Melo develops.

But we will need a point guard..can a rookie draft pick do it ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Team Intact with 2 Aquisitions & we are Contenders

"we could compete with the older PP & KG next year & Sully back too & maybe Melo develops"

If by compete you mean making the playoffs, then yes, your plan would work. But we'd have no shot against Miami or Indiana or a healthy Chicago with that lineup. Not going to happen. 

Also, note Melo probably needs one more full year in developmental league. Even if he pans out, don't expect him to do much with the big league team next year. 

I think Ainge wants more than an early playoff exit so you can expect more radical moves than the one you are proposing ...

p.s. a healthy Bynum is an oxymoron. 

but yeah, trading Rondo would be a must to get a good big...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

a ROndo to atlanta for Horford would work cap wise, though I could only remotely see them interested in that deal if Rondo's buddy J. Smith re-signs there.

the only way that would make sense is if they were in the running for Howard (hometown) and got their own big three in Atlanta (Howard, Smith, Rondo)...wow that is one BAD FT shooting team there!!

so Horford for Rondo.

draft the German PG or Larkin

still would need to move Lee, Terry or Crawford for a PG who can start.

J. Bayless (Mem) for Crawford is one option salary wise

R. Rubio (minn) for Lee or Terry is another one

I m not saying either team would make those deals, just examples.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

a ROndo to atlanta for Horford would work cap wise, though I could only remotely see them interested in that deal if Rondo's buddy J. Smith re-signs there.

the only way that would make sense is if they were in the running for Howard (hometown) and got their own big three in Atlanta (Howard, Smith, Rondo)...wow that is one BAD FT shooting team there!!

so Horford for Rondo.

draft the German PG or Larkin

still would need to move Lee, Terry or Crawford for a PG who can start.

J. Bayless (Mem) for Crawford is one option salary wise

R. Rubio (minn) for Lee or Terry is another one

I m not saying either team would make those deals, just examples.

Or modify the trade to get Teague and Horford. I've been thinking that two teams that could use Rondo in their pursuit of DH are Atlanta and Dallas. If we could get Horford and Teague for Rondo and say Bradley and switch pick #16 for pick #18 or #20 would benefit both teams.

Under a Dallas Scenario it would be Marion and Collison and Dal #13 for Rondo. We would have the #13 and #16 in the Dal scenario to draft a big and back-up point and if we trade Pierce in another move that could net us a starting Center (Jefferson ?). Personallly I would prefer Teague over Collison as startig PG. Just more food for more off season moves. 

5. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts