Team USA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Team USA

Watching the game last night vs Brasil didnt do much for me. Yea, USA won in a game that was close most of the time but never seemed in danger of losing

Then theres James Harden. Whether on a 3v1 fast break or in a half court offense, all this guy does is shoot. If there's an inch of space, hes taking the shot no matter who's wide open under the bucket.  

Steph Curry is another that wasnt impressive. Forcing shots, driving hard when there was nowhere to go, playing espn ball. Also, the preoccupation with ally oops is sickening. Looked more like a pickup game. How many out-of-bounds plays were layups for Brasil?

Ok, KD pulled out and messed up plans. They said last night the offense was centered around Durrant and his leaving threw a monkey wrench into the offensive game plan. OK, you get a pass, I suppose. However, this looks more like a bunch of players using their athleticism to run over opponents. Maybe it will work but was just hoping Coach K had more going on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Team USA

I had those very thoughts watching the game.  Between Harden and Curry, those guys did nothing but hoist ill-advised shots and their defense was mediocre at best.  Curry is a long way from being a solid defender and Harden is even further away.

They, and a rusty D Rose, turned the ball over too much trying to make passes you'd expect to see in an All Star game - not in international play.

It was obvious our athleticism was by far superior to Basil's but this game should not have been so close with 9 minutes to go in the 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watching the game last night vs Brasil didnt do much for me. Yea, USA won in a game that was close most of the time but never seemed in danger of losing

Then theres James Harden. Whether on a 3v1 fast break or in a half court offense, all this guy does is shoot. If there's an inch of space, hes taking the shot no matter who's wide open under the bucket.  

Steph Curry is another that wasnt impressive. Forcing shots, driving hard when there was nowhere to go, playing espn ball. Also, the preoccupation with ally oops is sickening. Looked more like a pickup game. How many out-of-bounds plays were layups for Brasil?

Ok, KD pulled out and messed up plans. They said last night the offense was centered around Durrant and his leaving threw a monkey wrench into the offensive game plan. OK, you get a pass, I suppose. However, this looks more like a bunch of players using their athleticism to run over opponents. Maybe it will work but was just hoping Coach K had more going on.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Coach K needs Rondo... AGAIN...taking charge, distributin', directing the attack, glory-bound... like only he can.... 2010  REDUX!!!

And Rondo????

Well, he's looking for a max$$$ gig... or any gig at all....  and needs some showcasin'.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

leave it to pud to use a thread that has nothing to do with the Celtics find another way to trash Rondo, a far more accomplished person than he likely is. Pathetic trolling with four year old talking points. Reading pud you would think Rondo hadn't sniffed the playoffs much less been a champion.

"Well, he's looking for a max$$$ gig... or any gig at all." 

Correction - he's not looking at the moment, he's under contract with the Celts - signed to a very reasonable contract I might add, unlike Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, and Gerald Wallace, stiffs that pud never criticizes.

As for the actual topic of discussion, I agree with the concerns on Harden, I'm not sure he's a fit for the international game. I do think Curry can get it together though - his sharpshooting would be a really good fit on Team USA if, as you say, he can shoot at the right time and not jack up shots. That's a correctable problem though. I think they'll adjust once they figure out how to function without KD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

leave it to pud to use a thread that has nothing to do with the Celtics find another way to trash Rondo, a far more accomplished person than he likely is. Pathetic trolling with four year old talking points. Reading pud you would think Rondo hadn't sniffed the playoffs much less been a champion.

Correction - he's not looking at the moment, he's under contract with the Celts - signed to a very reasonable contract I might add, unlike Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, and Gerald Wallace, stiffs that pud never criticizes.

As for the actual topic of discussion, I agree with the concerns on Harden, I'm not sure he's a fit for the international game. I do think Curry can get it together though - his sharpshooting would be a really good fit on Team USA if, as you say, he can shoot at the right time and not jack up shots. That's a correctable problem though. I think they'll adjust once they figure out how to function without KD.

[/QUOTE]Just doing my job, spanky... keeping it real.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Just doing my job, spanky... keeping it real.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

THIS^

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Spanky gettin' SPANKED by the pud miester...I LUV IT!

Sections
Shortcuts