Teams don't want Rondo, like they

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Teams don't want Rondo, like they

did not want Tony Alllen.  Both players would have been gone by now, but no trades for equal or better talent could be worked out.  That is the reason that we will be looking at Rondo next year.  Tony is gone but if you noticed we did not get anything of value for him because there was nothing of equal or better value offered by other teams. Rondo plus Glen and a first round choice might fetch something, but we would be giving up more that we would get back.  So sign as many of our players as we can because we do not have the money of players to make signifiant trades.    

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Teams don't want Rondo, like they

In Response to Teams don't want Rondo, like they:
    did not want Tony Alllen.  Both players would have been gone by now, but no trades for equal or better talent could be worked out.  That is the reason that we will be looking at Rondo next year.  Tony is gone but if you noticed we did not get anything of value for him because there was nothing of equal or better value offered by other teams. Rondo plus Glen and a first round choice might fetch something, but we would be giving up more that we would get back.  So sign as many of our players as we can because we do not have the money of players to make signifiant trades.    
    Posted by maryngary

I don't have any problem watching Rondo next year -- been through too many PGs the last 20 years to not want a decent one to stick around awhile. :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Mary and Gary should be banned from posting on the basis of not knowing anything. Basketball, english, you name it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo has value to suggest that he doesn't is crazy. He will come back in the year to come with something to prove.  Hopefully his shooting will be priority number one.

He is in his prime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Teams don't want Rondo, like they:
    Rondo has value to suggest that he doesn't is crazy. He will come back in the year to come with something to prove.  Hopefully his shooting will be priority number one. He is in his prime.
    Posted by concord27

Hopefully he will be trying to prove that trading him (for next to nothing BTW) was the biggest mistake the Cs ever made.

Who knows.... maybe he will hit an open jumper or two next season.

Some prime!

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Put Rondo on the open market and see how unwanted he is.  He has value since he is signed to a team-friendly deal.  Problem is, if you're trading him, you better get an equal PG back.  And you're not going to since he is at least a top 10 PG.  He has warts, but he has a lot of value.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]did not want Tony Alllen.  Both players would have been gone by now, but no trades for equal or better talent could be worked out.  That is the reason that we will be looking at Rondo next year.  Tony is gone but if you noticed we did not get anything of value for him because there was nothing of equal or better value offered by other teams. Rondo plus Glen and a first round choice might fetch something, but we would be giving up more that we would get back.  So sign as many of our players as we can because we do not have the money of players to make signifiant trades.    
    Posted by maryngary[/QU

YOUR AN IDIOT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

Mary and Gary should be banned from posting on the basis of not knowing anything. Basketball, english, you name it.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

AGREED

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Rondo has value to suggest that he doesn't is crazy. He will come back in the year to come with something to prove.  Hopefully his shooting will be priority number one. He is in his prime.
    Posted by concord27

i mean really.  people have been saying this for FIVE YEARS about this guy and he comes back, for the last three years now, with a WORSE SHOT (check the stats!) than he had before!!!! 

only in the insanity laden cushy world of modern professional basketball (on a team run by danny derainged) would a 55% free throw shooting "starting point guard" (remember when he became the no holds barred 'starter of the future'?) be accepted gladly and not have DEMANDS made upon him to increase his game to complete all around competency, not just excelling at what rondo is interested in.

i am so tired of this yearly quagmire we find ourselves in and the people who engage in honestly believing that rondo is going to work hard and return the following season with an actual shot included in his game.  ain't gonna happen.

what i say we do is prop up his offensive game with a string of nice looking fascade games early in the season and trade the guy.  if we can get any interest and get something decent and some high draft picks in return.

in fact, call kevin mchale down in houston and see if he'll do us one more for the gipper. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Teams don't want Rondo, like they : i mean really.  people have been saying this for FIVE YEARS about this guy and he comes back, for the last three years now, with a WORSE SHOT (check the stats!) than he had before!!!!  only in the insanity laden cushy world of modern professional basketball (on a team run by danny derainged) would a 55% free throw shooting "starting point guard" (remember when he became the no holds barred 'starter of the future'?) be accepted gladly and not have DEMANDS made upon him to increase his game to complete all around competency, not just excelling at what rondo is interested in. i am so tired of this yearly quagmire we find ourselves in and the people who engage in honestly believing that rondo is going to work hard and return the following season with an actual shot included in his game.  ain't gonna happen. what i say we do is prop up his offensive game with a string of nice looking fascade games early in the season and trade the guy.  if we can get any interest and get something decent and some high draft picks in return. in fact, call kevin mchale down in houston and see if he'll do us one more for the gipper. 
    Posted by aciemvp

This attitude drives me crazy! The idea that Rondo is being lazy. Like he just isn't practicing his shooting enough. It's insane!

He is what he is. Practice hones skills you already have. It can't create them. It would be like getting pissed that Brian Scalabrine didn't practice hard enough to challenge for the Slam Dunk competition.

Rondo can't shoot. Not anymore than any of us could hit .400 in MLB. What you see is what you get. I seriously doubt effort has anything to do with it. More practice isn't going to change anything.

What drives me crazy is when he shoots 15 footers with crucial games on the line. He knows he can't shoot and he does it anyway. talk about selfish, stupid and arrogant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo is not getting traded. The only players worth trading him for are untouchable by their teams. Rondo's trade status could change with yet another year under his belt and the big three moving on, but that's not for at least another year or two. So Mary, Gary, and Acie, gather round your TV set and enjoy the team you have. Fantasy basketball might be another option.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Posted by maryngary

This is what you get when the blogger only has one sport....Celtic withdrawal!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

BTS,
    Thanks for words of sanity.

AK

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Teams don't want Rondo, like they : This attitude drives me crazy! The idea that Rondo is being lazy. Like he just isn't practicing his shooting enough. It's insane! He is what he is. Practice hones skills you already have. It can't create them. It would be like getting pissed that Brian Scalabrine didn't practice hard enough to challenge for the Slam Dunk competition. Rondo can't shoot. Not anymore than any of us could hit .400 in MLB. What you see is what you get. I seriously doubt effort has anything to do with it. More practice isn't going to change anything. What drives me crazy is when he shoots 15 footers with crucial games on the line. He knows he can't shoot and he does it anyway. talk about selfish, stupid and arrogant.
    Posted by df2

Circumstances force Rondo to shoot... and he does so typically under great duress. A good defense can take away everything away from him.... but the shot.

I agree that he is selfish, stupid and arrogant.... but not for the reason you cite.

If Rondo can fetch a top 10 PG in a trade... we can safely conclude that he is a top 10 PG himself. Otherwise, no.

My vintage M/B 190SL is worth $35 thousand only if I can find a buyer at that price. Otherwise, like Rondo, it is likely overvalued.

Supply and demand.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Those aren't the types of shots I'm talking about. There were a few times last year when he took jumpers in tie games with less than a minute remaining. That shoud never happen.

The one that stands out in my mind was with about 40 seconds left in a tie game. The thing that made it so incredibly stupid was that it was about 6 seconds into the shot clock. Garbage like that. I want to say it was against Dallas but I'm not sure. Either way, he missed and the Celtics ended up losing the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Those aren't the types of shots I'm talking about. There were a few times last year when he took jumpers in tie games with less than a minute remaining. That shoud never happen. The one that stands out in my mind was with about 40 seconds left in a tie game. The thing that made it so incredibly stupid was that it was about 6 seconds into the shot clock. Garbage like that. I want to say it was against Dallas but I'm not sure. Either way, he missed and the Celtics ended up losing the game.
    Posted by df2

But he had made the shot,we all be saying;Good shot hondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celts tried to trade both Tony and Rondo but got no interesting deals.  The team is a a point were it needs a face change and a point guard that has a feared outside shot would do that.  I still think we can win it all next year but teams have decided how to defend us now and that is not to guard Rondo and double with his man, and this has worked.  With Chirs Paul or D. Williams are even Steve Nash this team's offensive attack would change a lot and it might or might not work.  But truth is noone is trading a top point guard for Rondo, but mabey with Rondo and that old sorry Glend Davis that many great basketball minds on this side hate , plus one of our first round choices might get Paul or Williams.  Something tells me that if we go with the same big four that we will be looking in the mirrow at this year. Ant that the truth you gerand postetrs.

Sections
Shortcuts