Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green

Those playoff teams with cap room that won't end up with an Ariza or a Pau Gasol might settle for our Jeff Green or Brandon Bass.

This would be good opportunity to get more picks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green

Like who? Is this a rumor? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like who? Is this a rumor? 

[/QUOTE]

Earlier I read that GSW was exploring Bass for their TPE.

Eventually the Warriors just let their TPE expire.

But I think there will be teams that will lose out in free-agency and will be in need of veteran players like Bass and Green.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those playoff teams with cap room that won't end up with an Ariza or a Pau Gasol might settle for our Jeff Green or Brandon Bass.

[/QUOTE]

The Cs would have to get bad contracts in return. Bass might be tradeable, Green's contract is toxic, however.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cs would have to get bad contracts in return. Bass might be tradeable, Green's contract is toxic, however.

[/QUOTE]

Actually Green only has 1 year left after this coming season.

At 9m per year, no way that's toxic because guys like Hayward and Parsons are getting 15m per year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

On June 30th. Green was overpaid by 2 Mill a year today with the numbers that are thrown around he looks more like a value for some team. No reason to dump him we can wait for a asset for him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On June 30th. Green was overpaid by 2 Mill a year today with the numbers that are thrown around he looks more like a value for some team. No reason to dump him we can wait for a asset for him

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Hayward at 15 makes Bass look like a bargain

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At 9m per year, no way that's toxic because guys like Hayward and Parsons are getting 15m per year.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.  In two short weeks of heavy salary inflation during Free Agency, AB and Green went from what many felt were overpaid to decent contracts now.  Some teams still have space they will HAVE to fill, and Fierce is right that because they missed out on Plan A/B/C, they may come looking for a Jeff Green or BB to round out their rosters.

Personally, I would like to see AB or JG turn into Monroe or another S&T opportunity, but I guess we'll see what pans out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Not only has AB and JG contracts approaching bargain status, hell Wallace contract might be movable. The Mavs really put the kiebosh on Hou being able to sign and trade Parsons, whom was on my wish list. With Bogans guarantee option expiring and Lees 2.3 TPE we might help our cause being a facilitator in a 3 way deal for some bigger names. I'm not an Asik fan but I've tread where NO might not be able to shed enough cap space to complete their deal with Hou. If we could get him and only have to give a bunch of non guaranteed contracts I wouldn't be upset.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not only has AB and JG contracts approaching bargain status, hell Wallace contract might be movable. The Mavs really put the kiebosh on Hou being able to sign and trade Parsons, whom was on my wish list. With Bogans guarantee option expiring and Lees 2.3 TPE we might help our cause being a facilitator in a 3 way deal for some bigger names. I'm not an Asik fan but I've tread where NO might not be able to shed enough cap space to complete their deal with Hou. If we could get him and only have to give a bunch of non guaranteed contracts I wouldn't be upset.

[/QUOTE]

What do you think Asik will get on his next deal after this season?  That is what I am curious about when I think about a trade with him.  Is he a $12M-$15M player over 3-4 years now that salaries have skyrocketed and would he be worth that to us?  He was handsomely paid on his last contract that is expiring this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

I cant understand the people that continue to say Jeff Greens contract is toxic...I just don't get it. We act like this guy plays for us like Jason Terry did when he came to Boston. He has been pretty good for us, just because he isn't Paul Pierce, its not as if he has been a bust. He's just not a #1 option.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

For instance, if we were able to trade for a Kevin Love, I think people would start to understand how valuable a Jeff Green can be to a good team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:

For instance, if we were able to trade for a Kevin Love, I think people would start to understand how valuable a Jeff Green can be to a good team.

dont worry pal... I'm with you regarding jeff green. OKAY?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hayward and Parsons are getting paid current market terms, they produce on a nightly basis, are consistent, and don't have marshmallow for guts.....Green's contract , for what he actually produces towards a winning team, is way too high...the dude is one of the most overpaid "stars" in the NBA and the deal that brought him here will go down as one of DA'S BIGGEST BLUNDERS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been playing this toon for too long now (tradables) Every trade dead line Ainge is doing something huge that never happens. Groundhog Day the sequal... LMAO!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been playing this toon for too long now (tradables) Every trade dead line Ainge is doing something huge that never happens. Groundhog Day the sequal... LMAO!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Get spellcheck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get spellcheck.

[/QUOTE]

It is not just Ainge. It is the whole NBA culture.  They encourage all this meaningless speculation.  Pre-draft and during free agency.  Except for yesterday with Lebron.  Nothing really ever happens.   And of course let's not forget the trade deadline every Feb.  Hype is king in the NBA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Agree - I actually was saying this all of last season as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

OR - he could follow the "Great" Kupcake's examples in the last 4 years:

Trading a #1 pick for Ramon Sessions

Trading 3 #1 picks for Steve Nash

Giving Bryant a 24 mill extension

Watching Howard walk out the door

Give Jordan Hill 9 mill per year

Essentially trade Pau Gasol for Carlos Boozer..........

Acquire Jeremy Lin (the draft pick was good) to START on your team

Drafting the Pillsbury Dough Boy at #7

I'll take Danny Ainge any day of the week.

And PLEASE, before you spout your usual "5 rings" BS - note I said LAST 4 YEARS...........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is not just Ainge. It is the whole NBA culture.  They encourage all this meaningless speculation.  Pre-draft and during free agency.  Except for yesterday with Lebron.  Nothing really ever happens.   And of course let's not forget the trade deadline every Feb.  Hype is king in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing beats what that Laker troll GK said last year.

That Kevin Love and Lebron James will be going to the Lakers this year.

Talk about hype to bummer.

HAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Phil Jackson: Hire a coach first, son.

Jimmy Buss: You're not my father.

HAHAHA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  We have a lot more things to worry about than Jeff Green. Green could average 20 this season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

[QUOTE]

I cant understand the people that continue to say Jeff Greens contract is toxic...I just don't get it. We act like this guy plays for us like Jason Terry did when he came to Boston. He has been pretty good for us, just because he isn't Paul Pierce, its not as if he has been a bust. He's just not a #1 option.

[/QUOTE]
    U nailed it. The posters that like to think Perkins won a ring by himself and was the key to our team way overstate JGs inconsistencies and and dismiss his contributions. I thought JG was going to step up way more than he did and feel he was a disappointment last year but, just because he didn't play to my expectations, he played fairly well and put up 17 pts and 5 rebs. Kind of like Rondo, some try to make it sound like he's not fit to play in the D league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  We have a lot more things to worry about than Jeff Green. Green could average 20 this season.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. In your opinion, what are the top 2 things we DO need to worry about?

Sections
Shortcuts