Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

Re: Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I cant understand the people that continue to say Jeff Greens contract is toxic...I just don't get it. We act like this guy plays for us like Jason Terry did when he came to Boston. He has been pretty good for us, just because he isn't Paul Pierce, its not as if he has been a bust. He's just not a #1 option.

[/QUOTE]
    U nailed it. The posters that like to think Perkins won a ring by himself and was the key to our team way overstate JGs inconsistencies and and dismiss his contributions. I thought JG was going to step up way more than he did and feel he was a disappointment last year but, just because he didn't play to my expectations, he played fairly well and put up 17 pts and 5 rebs. Kind of like Rondo, some try to make it sound like he's not fit to play in the D league.

[/QUOTE]

exactly. I find it hilarious when posters trash and talk about how bad Green and Rondo are, but then want to turn around and use them as center pieces in a trade for another major guy lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Pretty soon the Rockets will come calling.

They've lost out on Bosh, Deng may be going to Miami too and now they're on Plan C for Ariza and have too much competition there as well. They have even joined in on the Chris Andersen fun.

Losing out on Bosh has made them question how wise it would be to match Parsons now and if that weren't enough they are having contract problems with Capela who wants to play in the states while Houston wants to stash him overseas.

Another good opportunity for Ainge to buy on the down low. And hasn't the Asik deal gone down yet? Are the Pelicans having that much trouble creating cap space to take Asik on?

The Parsons window is closing and the Pelicans aren't making it any easier ... Hello Danny!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cs would have to get bad contracts in return. Bass might be tradeable, Green's contract is toxic, however.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

Actually Green only has 1 year left after this coming season.

At 9m per year, no way that's toxic because guys like Hayward and Parsons are getting 15m per year.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Green might be a good addition to a playoff team or a team that is trying to improve this season.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cs would have to get bad contracts in return. Bass might be tradeable, Green's contract is toxic, however.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

Actually Green only has 1 year left after this coming season.

At 9m per year, no way that's toxic because guys like Hayward and Parsons are getting 15m per year.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Green might be a good addition to a playoff team or a team that is trying to improve this season.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

As previously stated, HOU could lose out on Parsons, Deng and Ariza......after losing Asik and Lin for nothing, and losing out on LeBron and Melo.........Green would now be a cheaper option for them at SF.

I don't think Rondo is an option yet.....for US.  HOU would probably take Rondo in a heartbeat, but DA wants to see what happens during the season first, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

We lost our, we might keep them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty soon the Rockets will come calling.

They've lost out on Bosh, Deng may be going to Miami too and now they're on Plan C for Ariza and have too much competition there as well. They have even joined in on the Chris Andersen fun.

Losing out on Bosh has made them question how wise it would be to match Parsons now and if that weren't enough they are having contract problems with Capela who wants to play in the states while Houston wants to stash him overseas.

Another good opportunity for Ainge to buy on the down low. And hasn't the Asik deal gone down yet? Are the Pelicans having that much trouble creating cap space to take Asik on?

The Parsons window is closing and the Pelicans aren't making it any easier ... Hello Danny!

[/QUOTE]

Then the Rockets signed Ariza to 32m for 4 years.

HAHAHA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Washington needs to replace Ariza.

Like I said, Jeff Green could be a possibility for the Wiz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I cant understand the people that continue to say Jeff Greens contract is toxic...I just don't get it. We act like this guy plays for us like Jason Terry did when he came to Boston. He has been pretty good for us, just because he isn't Paul Pierce, its not as if he has been a bust. He's just not a #1 option.

[/QUOTE]
    U nailed it. The posters that like to think Perkins won a ring by himself and was the key to our team way overstate JGs inconsistencies and and dismiss his contributions. I thought JG was going to step up way more than he did and feel he was a disappointment last year but, just because he didn't play to my expectations, he played fairly well and put up 17 pts and 5 rebs. Kind of like Rondo, some try to make it sound like he's not fit to play in the D league.

[/QUOTE]

You're both totally wrong...Green sucks, nobody wants him, he's going to known as DA's single biggest blunder. DA owns this bi-polar moron lock, stock and barrel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We lost our, we might keep them.

[/QUOTE]

Stop drinking Vodka and complete your sentences...what you wrote makes NO sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're both totally wrong...Green sucks, nobody wants him, he's going to known as DA's single biggest blunder. DA owns this bi-polar moron lock, stock and barrel.

[/QUOTE]

In other words, Trevor Ariza is a better option than Green?  How much did he get paid?

I can see that you have an irrational hate for Green.  But calling this Danny's biggest blunder?  Wow!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In other words, Trevor Ariza is a better option than Green?  How much did he get paid?

I can see that you have an irrational hate for Green.  But calling this Danny's biggest blunder?  Wow!

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about Ariza or Green, they both suck pond muddy pond water through their noses. And yes, Green IS the definitive DA blunder. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-I-V-E. Got it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know, I know, he had a great playoff series 2 years ago (PFFFFTTTTTTT)

BUT HE STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSS...they should have REPLACED his old heart with a REAL heart, not repaired the heart of a gutless wonder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about Ariza or Green, they both suck pond muddy pond water through their noses. And yes, Green IS the definitive DA blunder. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-I-V-E. Got it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know, I know, he had a great playoff series 2 years ago (PFFFFTTTTTTT)

BUT HE STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSS...they should have REPLACED his old heart with a REAL heart, not repaired the heart of a gutless wonder.

[/QUOTE]

Hear you LOUD and clear.  BTW, what would you have done at that time instead of signing Green?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Two ludicrous trades from a non-Celtics fan who once predicted Ramon Sessions would "easily" average 13 pts and 10 assists when he was acquired by the lakers-  who then lowballed him at the end of the year.

Funny to me how the lakers now WANT draft picks, but traded away four for Sessions and Nash!!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the guys call you "headley" for a reason. isn't that right, Francis? 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hedley..............Tommy!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Bass for Kantner - you know squat about basketball.

Ramon Sessions??

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is not just Ainge. It is the whole NBA culture.  They encourage all this meaningless speculation.  Pre-draft and during free agency.  Except for yesterday with Lebron.  Nothing really ever happens.   And of course let's not forget the trade deadline every Feb.  Hype is king in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing beats what that Laker troll GK said last year.

That Kevin Love and Lebron James will be going to the Lakers this year.

Talk about hype to bummer.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Never said that. I leave the predictions to you so you can make a fool of your self...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to greenkiller's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is not just Ainge. It is the whole NBA culture.  They encourage all this meaningless speculation.  Pre-draft and during free agency.  Except for yesterday with Lebron.  Nothing really ever happens.   And of course let's not forget the trade deadline every Feb.  Hype is king in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing beats what that Laker troll GK said last year.

That Kevin Love and Lebron James will be going to the Lakers this year.

Talk about hype to bummer.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Never said that. I leave the predictions to you so you can make a fool of your self...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You said Love........maybe not James - but you definitely said Love

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You said Love........maybe not James - but you definitely said Love

[/QUOTE]

He said Lebron will end up with the Lakers

And the new Laker dynasty will be led by Lebron and Love.

After failing to get any of the big name free-agents, it looks like the Lakers DIE NASTY!

HAHAHA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

Washington needs to replace Ariza.

Like I said, Jeff Green could be a possibility for the Wiz.

[/QUOTE]

then the Wiz signed Pierce.

HAHAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In January I wrote about what the potential trade value of Jeff Green might be. One of the teams I mentioned the Celtics shopping him to was the Wizards, in a swap for Trevor Ariza's expiring contract. Conveniently enough, Zach Lowe of Grantland is now reporting that the Wizards have "long liked Jeff Green." Only this time, as a replacement for Ariza if he were to leave in free agency this summer.

http://www.celticslife.com/2014/05/the-wizards-have-interest-in-jeff-green.html

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

In January I wrote about what the potential trade value of Jeff Green might be. One of the teams I mentioned the Celtics shopping him to was the Wizards, in a swap for Trevor Ariza's expiring contract. Conveniently enough, Zach Lowe of Grantland is now reporting that the Wizards have "long liked Jeff Green." Only this time, as a replacement for Ariza if he were to leave in free agency this summer.

http://www.celticslife.com/2014/05/the-wizards-have-interest-in-jeff-green.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticslife.com/2014/05/the-wizards-have-interest-in-jeff-green.html

[/QUOTE]

So you think they sign Pierce and trade for Green?

M8 said you abused Keystone and he must have been right!

Sections
Shortcuts