Re: Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green
posted at 7/13/2014 8:23 PM EDT
In response to rameakap's comment:
In response to mellymel3's comment:
I could care less about Ariza or Green, they both suck pond muddy pond water through their noses. And yes, Green IS the definitive DA blunder. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-I-V-E. Got it!
I know, I know, he had a great playoff series 2 years ago (PFFFFTTTTTTT)
BUT HE STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSS...they should have REPLACED his old heart with a REAL heart, not repaired the heart of a gutless wonder.
Green's great playoff series was 14 months ago. Not two years.
Again, this is classless drivel.
Saying he is the DEFINITIVE Ainge blunder is ridiculous.
Things I wished Ainge did differently (i.e. bigger blunders) than trade Perk for Green:
1. J.R. Giddens over DeAndre Jordan or Omer Asik in the 2008 draft
2. Could have signed Trevor Ariza (my choice) or maybe Ron Artest to the full MLE in 2009. A backup SF who could guard LeBron, Melo, Durant and Deng and play crunch time stretch 4 (like Posey did) was a bigger need than Rasheed Wallace at PF-C. Both those guys got the same contract as Sheed just for more years.
3. If #2 was a done then #3 would be who to sign for the frontcourt after adding an awesome SF/PF. KG/PP and Ray should have gone to Antonio McDyess doorstep that July begging him to take the mini-MLE we gave to Marquis Daniels over sending them to Sheed's door to 'beg' him to take the full MLE he was not worth. McD got dub that from Spurs so maybe it wouldn't have been enough. Or sent them to Pachulia's doorstep to do some begging (and apologizing on KG's behalf for being a punk to him) and maybe got him to take half what he took to stay in Atlanta? ****Worst case you use that exception on Joe Smith or Jason Collins and this is much further down the list of blunders if there was never a shot at getting those two solid centers.
4. Jujuan Johnson over Chandler Parsons or Jimmy Butler in the 2011 draft
5. Marcus Banks over Luke Ridnour (or David West, but PG was the #1 need and Ridnour was picked next) in the 2003 draft.
6. Split the MLE in 2010 between Shaq and Matt Barnes (no JON) giving them both non-guaranteed contracts with raises the next year (roughly 3m each) and therefore giving the C's the firepower to get David West for these two expirings (NO would have waived them), Jujuan Johnson/other filler and the Clips '12 pick (was Fab Melo) adding up to the ability to get West here on a 3 year 33 million deal he would have taken over Indiana if Boston could have swung it (LA messed us up by sending Odom to Mavs, which is where NO would have sent JON, who had the fully guaranteed Shaq/Barnes MLE in the actual incarnation of this deal).
7. Cutting Chris Andersen in training camp in 2008 instead keeping Patrick O'Bryant, a stiff/bust who was cut.
8. Again back to Giddens. His presence in 2008 was due to Danny knowing Posey would walk. Plan B could have been using a portion of the MLE on Barnes, who signed for the min in Phoenix, if Jordan was in the D-league or Asik stashed overseas. But Giddens being here kept that from happening.9. Fab Melo over Miles Plumlee or Arnette Moultrie (stretch 5's who can guard the Bosh's) in the 2012 draft. Melo as we all know was a stiff and a massive bust.
10. Gerald Green over David Lee in the 2005 draft. Hard to blame DA here though. Green was a talented athlete who fell and the hope was he'd replace Wally which was more of a need than having Lee come aboard to replace Raef since the C's had Big Al. Green was later part of the KG package which Lee would prob have been part of as well if he were here so it was a wash.
Well those are TEN things I would have rather seen Danny do than keep Perkins and not trade his damaged goods knee for Jeff Green and his damaged heart. Green has been twice the player Perk was at similar $ since the deal.
I dd not make a comment about Greens heart condition...I commented about his L-A-C-K of heart (ie, GUTS) and it's entirely true. I don't want to hear about that Knicks series, a series they lost, ever again. It's useless ancient history. THEY LOST!
If they had kept Perkins, because people FEARED coming into the lane because he'd croak them and KG could protect the rim, they would have most likely won at least one more Championship with him, whereas they have won ZERO championships with your Mr. Green Jeans. Green 's 15 points per game are not worth the money he's payed because they are largely a collection of garbage points scored when the game is already LOST!. For a "star" he has the least impact on the outcome of games on a regular basis of anyone in the entire NBA for what he's being paid. The eyes don't lie...he takes two out of every three games OFF! He just doesn't show up. Between he and Mr. Moody Rondon't they might have to order stock in Midol! They both need mood stabilizing medication! And this is one fact nobody can refute - if these guys are so great, why haven't the C's been able to attract a single decent FA here? Nobody wants to come here to play with these two whack job stiffs...NOBODY...prove otherwise!
Green was dealt a tough blow with his heart condition. But face facts, this is a professional sports league. DA signed the guy, he had a bad ticker, and we got screwed by the signing. We lost a full season of a player that was supposed to be a difference maker and he may never get over the psychological hump. But we cannot be "nice" guys as a team to let him play and hope he comes around. So far the results are not encouraging. Dump him, he's useless. IF HE CAN'T PLAY HARD NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT THIS SEASON, SHOW UP AND PLAY FOR REAL EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME, HE SUCKS.
The Celtic's play to win championships, not to be nice guys trying to make a feel good story out of Mr. Green Jeans. Let Green achieve greatness for someone else. Anyone else! Let's get on with the business of winning championships.