1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Teams that lost out might settle for Bass and Green

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're both totally wrong...Green sucks, nobody wants him, he's going to known as DA's single biggest blunder. DA owns this bi-polar moron lock, stock and barrel.

[/QUOTE]

In other words, Trevor Ariza is a better option than Green?  How much did he get paid?

I can see that you have an irrational hate for Green.  But calling this Danny's biggest blunder?  Wow!

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about Ariza or Green, they both suck pond muddy pond water through their noses. And yes, Green IS the definitive DA blunder. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-I-V-E. Got it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know, I know, he had a great playoff series 2 years ago (PFFFFTTTTTTT)

BUT HE STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSS...they should have REPLACED his old heart with a REAL heart, not repaired the heart of a gutless wonder.

[/QUOTE]

These are pretty classless comments  Mel. Especially about his heart.

Green is not the definitive Ainge blunder.

The last two seasons the Celtics have paid Green 17.3 million (post heart surgery) to average 31 minutes, 15 points, 4.3 boards a 14 PER and added about 4 win shares a year on 47/38/80 shooting %'s. Yes he is not as consistent as Paul Pierce, does not rebound like him (despite being taller), does not defend as far as big steals and blocks like PP (despite being longer/more athletic) and definitely cannot pass or close games like Pierce.

But Green should not have been expected to the the 'next' Pierce. We traded a guy who was anywhere between our 5th and 7th best player for him (Perk) in the '08-'11 seasons. We got back a guy who is a SOLID 4th or 5th best player on a contender. 3rd best player on a middle of the road team and 2nd best player on a team placing in the bottom 7-8 like we were this year.

Look at Perk's stats these last 2 years. Despite being the starting center for a top 5 team he's brought 3.8 points, 5.5 boards and less than  a block per game averages in 22-23 minutes a game and it is widely known the Thunder play better when he is off the court. 7.3 PER and 2.3 win shares for a team with practically twice as many wins as Boston these two years?? Ouch. And that is for 16.2 million, just a million less than the younger by almost 2 years Jeff Green was paid.

Nope, you still swap Perk for Green everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Green averaged 20.3 points in the playoff series vs. the Knicks last year. Manning up well against Melo. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think any hope of Green becoming the 'next' Paul Pierce went out the door with the stuggles to fit in socially and positionally on the 2011 club and then the heart surgery.

Players who have had it and played again, specifically Etan Thomas and Ronnie Turiaf, saw their stats drop after the surgery. These guys are not Jeff Green skill wise to begin with an were older, but they were 50% of what they were when they returned. I think Green has been about 75% of what we hoped for. Let's not rip him to pieces b/c he had a serious surgery and never had the personality to be an alpha to begin with. 

He has been twice as productive as Kendrick Perkins for around the same price tag. 

He is being paid 60% what Hayward and Parsons are being paid and they are both SF's who can play some stretch 4 like Green. Green's defense is better than those two's on a night in and night out basis. They shoot better (slightly) and are more consistent. But still, I view Hayward as a 3rd best player on a contender type (passing and slightly better D gives him an edge on Parsons) and Parsons as a 4th best player on one. Green is a 4th best as well. He can be a #3 when he brings it and is a 6th man when he does not. Green brought it in 2 of every 3 games as far as I am concerned.

Green brought it in 5 of the 6 playoff games to the Knicks last year. The same as Pierce. 

So one year and 9 million for Green, with a player option for a 2nd year, is FAR better value than 3/45 for Parsons or 5/63 for Hayward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're both totally wrong...Green sucks, nobody wants him, he's going to known as DA's single biggest blunder. DA owns this bi-polar moron lock, stock and barrel.

[/QUOTE]

In other words, Trevor Ariza is a better option than Green?  How much did he get paid?

I can see that you have an irrational hate for Green.  But calling this Danny's biggest blunder?  Wow!

[/QUOTE]

I could care less about Ariza or Green, they both suck pond muddy pond water through their noses. And yes, Green IS the definitive DA blunder. D-E-F-I-N-I-T-I-V-E. Got it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BUT HE STILL SUCKSSSSSSSSS...they should have REPLACED his old heart with a REAL heart, not repaired the heart of a gutless wonder.

[/QUOTE]

These are pretty classless comments  Mel. Especially about his heart.

Green is not the definitive Ainge blunder.

The last two seasons the Celtics have paid Green 17.3 million (post heart surgery) to average 31 minutes, 15 points, 4.3 boards a 14 PER and added about 4 win shares a year on 47/38/80 shooting %'s. Yes he is not as consistent as Paul Pierce, does not rebound like him (despite being taller), does not defend as far as big steals and blocks like PP (despite being longer/more athletic) and definitely cannot pass or close games like Pierce.

But Green should not have been expected to the the 'next' Pierce. We traded a guy who was anywhere between our 5th and 7th best player for him (Perk) in the '08-'11 seasons. We got back a guy who is a SOLID 4th or 5th best player on a contender. 3rd best player on a middle of the road team and 2nd best player on a team placing in the bottom 7-8 like we were this year.

Look at Perk's stats these last 2 years. Despite being the starting center for a top 5 team he's brought 3.8 points, 5.5 boards and less than  a block per game averages in 22-23 minutes a game and it is widely known the Thunder play better when he is off the court. 7.3 PER and 2.3 win shares for a team with practically twice as many wins as Boston these two years?? Ouch. And that is for 16.2 million, just a million less than the younger by almost 2 years Jeff Green was paid.

Nope, you still swap Perk for Green everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Green averaged 20.3 points in the playoff series vs. the Knicks last year. Manning up well against Melo. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I agree with your assessment, and hope Jeff plays well with Rondo on board and healthy.  He does need to rebound better, but no doubting his offensive skill.

Bottom line for me is that I feel right now he would be better suited on a contender.  Not many left, though.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with your assessment, and hope Jeff plays well with Rondo on board and healthy.  He does need to rebound better, but no doubting his offensive skill.

Bottom line for me is that I feel right now he would be better suited on a contender.  Not many left, though.... 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hedley. I agree with you as well. Green is better for a contender and as we saw in 2013, when he had Pierce and KG alongside him he averaged just a tick more in boards, steals and assists per 36 minutes and almost twice as many blocks at the expense of a little scoring. His shooting %'s were up across the board as well. 

Sending him home to the Wizards would be a great move for both Jeff and Washington. Pierce can't play 30+ minutes again. If they split the SF mins at 24 a piece and Jeff gets and 8 mins at PF I think the Wiz would be onto something there. 

This rotation can make noise in the east:

C - Gortat (32 mins), Nene (8) Seraphin (8)

PF - Nene (20), Booker (20), Green (8)

SF - Green (24), Pierce (24)

SG - Beal (36), Glen Rice Jr. (12)

PG - Wall (36), Andre Miller (12)

10 man rotation that keeps Pierce, Miller and Nene rested for the playoffs. Pierce is the 6th man. His old man game with Miller's even older man game off the bench with a couple improving young kids would be cool.

The Wizards can trade the C's Otto Porter and Martell Webster straight up for Green. 

Other combinations of players like Rice Jr. coming here and the 2016 draft pick the Wizards may not want on their cap that summer when they go after Durant for like Faverani or Pressey or both of them could also be in the mix. Webester has 2/11 left so I'd want the pick just for his hurting our 2015 cap space situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cs would have to get bad contracts in return. Bass might be tradeable, Green's contract is toxic, however.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

Actually Green only has 1 year left after this coming season.

At 9m per year, no way that's toxic because guys like Hayward and Parsons are getting 15m per year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, the Jeff Green contract is one of the best values in the entire NBA, totally reasonable and anything but toxic

If they trade Green, THEY BETTER get something for him, sick of hearing our players have no value, it's not true. 

Jeff Green averaged 17 points and 5boards and close to 5 assists, while taking the #1 defensive assignment every night ? This guy has serious value and his two year contract is a bargain !

STOP POSTING CRAP ABOUT JEFF GREEN

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bottom line for me is that I feel right now he would be better suited on a contender.  Not many left, though.... 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hedley. I agree with you as well. Green is better for a contender and as we saw in 2013, when he had Pierce and KG alongside him he averaged just a tick more in boards, steals and assists per 36 minutes and almost twice as many blocks at the expense of a little scoring. His shooting %'s were up across the board as well. 

Sending him home to the Wizards would be a great move for both Jeff and Washington. Pierce can't play 30+ minutes again. If they split the SF mins at 24 a piece and Jeff gets and 8 mins at PF I think the Wiz would be onto something there. 

This rotation can make noise in the east:

C - Gortat (32 mins), Nene (8) Seraphin (8)

PF - Nene (20), Booker (20), Green (8)

SF - Green (24), Pierce (24)

SG - Beal (36), Glen Rice Jr. (12)

PG - Wall (36), Andre Miller (12)

10 man rotation that keeps Pierce, Miller and Nene rested for the playoffs. Pierce is the 6th man. His old man game with Miller's even older man game off the bench with a couple improving young kids would be cool.

The Wizards can trade the C's Otto Porter and Martell Webster straight up for Green. 

Other combinations of players like Rice Jr. coming here and the 2016 draft pick the Wizards may not want on their cap that summer when they go after Durant for like Faverani or Pressey or both of them could also be in the mix. Webester has 2/11 left so I'd want the pick just for his hurting our 2015 cap space situation.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

They are in a win-now mode.....and they WILL go after KD, so this is a good trade.

I admit I don't know much about Porter, but Webster would be an okay player for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Green's great playoff series was 14 months ago. Not two years.

Again, this is classless drivel.

Saying he is the DEFINITIVE Ainge blunder is ridiculous.

Things I wished Ainge did differently (i.e. bigger blunders) than trade Perk for Green:

1. J.R. Giddens over DeAndre Jordan or Omer Asik in the 2008 draft

2. Could have signed Trevor Ariza (my choice) or maybe Ron Artest to the full MLE in 2009. A backup SF who could guard LeBron, Melo, Durant and Deng and play crunch time stretch 4 (like Posey did) was a bigger need than Rasheed Wallace at PF-C. Both those guys got the same contract as Sheed just for more years.

3. If #2 was a done then #3 would be who to sign for the frontcourt after adding an awesome SF/PF. KG/PP and Ray should have gone to Antonio McDyess doorstep that July begging him to take the mini-MLE we gave to Marquis Daniels over sending them to Sheed's door to 'beg' him to take the full MLE he was not worth. McD got dub that from Spurs so maybe it wouldn't have been enough. Or sent them to Pachulia's doorstep to do some begging (and apologizing on KG's behalf for being a punk to him) and maybe got him to take half what he took to stay in Atlanta? ****Worst case you use that exception on Joe Smith or Jason Collins and this is much further down the list of blunders if there was never a shot at getting those two solid centers.

4. Jujuan Johnson over Chandler Parsons or Jimmy Butler in the 2011 draft

5. Marcus Banks over Luke Ridnour (or David West, but PG was the #1 need and Ridnour was picked next) in the 2003 draft.

6. Split the MLE in 2010 between Shaq and Matt Barnes (no JON) giving them both non-guaranteed contracts with raises the next year (roughly 3m each) and therefore giving the C's the firepower to get David West for these two expirings (NO would have waived them), Jujuan Johnson/other filler and the Clips '12 pick (was Fab Melo) adding up to the ability to get West here on a 3 year 33 million deal he would have taken over Indiana if Boston could have swung it (LA messed us up by sending Odom to Mavs, which is where NO would have sent JON, who had the fully guaranteed Shaq/Barnes MLE in the actual incarnation of this deal).

7. Cutting Chris Andersen in training camp in 2008 instead keeping Patrick O'Bryant, a stiff/bust who was cut.

8. Again back to Giddens. His presence in 2008 was due to Danny knowing Posey would walk. Plan B could have been using a portion of the MLE on Barnes, who signed for the min in Phoenix, if Jordan was in the D-league or Asik stashed overseas. But Giddens being here kept that from happening.9. Fab Melo over Miles Plumlee or Arnette Moultrie (stretch 5's who can guard the Bosh's) in the 2012 draft. Melo as we all know was a stiff and a massive bust.

10. Gerald Green over David Lee in the 2005 draft. Hard to blame DA here though. Green was a talented athlete who fell and the hope was he'd replace Wally which was more of a need than having Lee come aboard to replace Raef since the C's had Big Al. Green was later part of the KG package which Lee would prob have been part of as well if he were here so it was a wash. 

Well those are TEN things I would have rather seen Danny do than keep Perkins and not trade his damaged goods knee for Jeff Green and his damaged heart. Green has been twice the player Perk was at similar $ since the deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

They are in a win-now mode.....and they WILL go after KD, so this is a good trade.

I admit I don't know much about Porter, but Webster would be an okay player for us.

[/QUOTE]

Porter would be the gem of the deal, but is very hit or miss right now. Could reach the promise he has as the #3 pick in the 2013 draft, a lockdown SF defender with the potential to score 16-18 a game, very much like a better Ariza, Batum or Green, or he could be a complete bust.

Webster would be a solid shooter who can play a lot or a little depending on what direction Danny goes in. We desperately need shooters. Based on trading Green and what else has happened in the league the last 3 days I would say the direction would be a rebuild.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge had, in my mind, two very simple decisions in the draft/free agency summers of 2008 and 2009 and one simple in-season decision during the 2008-09 season that totally could have reshaped the 'Big Three' era.

2008 offseason:

- Draft DeAndre Jordan or Omer Asik over J.R. Giddens

- Sign Matt Barnes and Chris Anderson, who both signed vet min deals, for like 1.25m deals using MLE money we let go to waste that summer. Perfect tough defensive roll players for a team that prided itself on intimidation and defense.

2009 in-season:

- When KG got hurt in Feb of 2009 Ainge allowed a similar situation to what Kevin McHale did in 1987 to take place. KG tried to play through something that needed offseason surgery. He missed 13 games, returned to play sparingly in 4 games where he dragged the leg around in obvious discomfort, was a shadow of himself, then re-aggravated the injury and was shut down never to play again.

He delayed surgery until May 27th of that year. 5 months later he was playing 33 minutes on opening night providing a double-double in a win over the Cavs. Had he immediately had the bone spurs removed and began his rehab (with the club while in peak shape) and not waited to rehab after making it worse while likely being out of shape, it is not far-fetched to think KG could have returned in 10 weeks for the Orlando series, playing sparingly with no back to backs, and then slowly ramped us his minutes by the game 7 we lost by 5 points, played more in the ECF against the Cavs and (if we beat them) been close to 100% for an epic finals against the Lakers that would have begun 14-15 weeks after his surgery. 

The Celtics with Barnes and Andersen playing the minutes that were given out pupu platter style to O'Bryant (cut), Mikki Moore, Scal, Bill Walker and Giddens would have been FAR better able to handle KG's injury, might have had a shot at getting the 1 seed from the Cavs (4 games back owning the tiebreaker) and definitely wouldn't have needed 7 games and all sorts of OT's the beat the Bulls, exhausting them for an Orlando series they would have then won in 6 and setting up at least a KG return for a great East Finals against the Cavs.

2009 offseason:

- The Lakers targeted Artest over the far younger Ariza with their MLE this summer. The Celtics should have gleefully scooped up Ariza for their MLE (which Houston signed him for) over sending their stars to Sheed's doorstep. DeAndre Jordan would have spent 2009 in the D-league and was ready to provide 16 mins, 5p/5r/1b for the Clips in 2010. Or if they'd drafted Asik, he was still overseas, but might have been coaxed over with a bigger need here than there was for him in Chicago to backup Noah.

- Regardless of Jordan or Asik, Andersen could have been kept or Jason Collins/Joe Smith signed for the mini-MLE Marquis Daniels got and the team would have been ready to roll, incredibly good and won the title.  

That is it. That is all Ainge had to do 2008-2008. One obvious draft pick, a couple cheap signings, a different position/player targeted with the '09 MLE and better manage KG's original injury. After winning the 2010 title in 5 or 6 games with no Perk injury the Celtics could have done their trade with OKC that summer, sending Perk and Tony Allen (sign and trade) to the Thunder for James Harden (insisted upon as Ray's future replacement, no need for Green with Ariza here) and Krstic. Fair for both clubs. Thunder get proven vets who can guard Kobe and Bynum at the expense of their 3rd scorer who wasn't going to get the shots he deserved with KG and Westbrook around. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Ainge had, in my mind, two very simple decisions in the draft/free agency summers of 2008 and 2009 and one simple in-season decision during the 2008-09 season that totally could have reshaped the 'Big Three' era.

2008 offseason:

- Draft DeAndre Jordan or Omer Asik over J.R. Giddens

- Sign Matt Barnes and Chris Anderson, who both signed vet min deals, for like 1.25m deals using MLE money we let go to waste that summer. Perfect tough defensive roll players for a team that prided itself on intimidation and defense.

2009 in-season:

- When KG got hurt in Feb of 2009 Ainge allowed a similar situation to what Kevin McHale did in 1987 to take place. KG tried to play through something that needed offseason surgery. He missed 13 games, returned to play sparingly in 4 games where he dragged the leg around in obvious discomfort, was a shadow of himself, then re-aggravated the injury and was shut down never to play again.

He delayed surgery until May 27th of that year. 5 months later he was playing 33 minutes on opening night providing a double-double in a win over the Cavs. Had he immediately had the bone spurs removed and began his rehab (with the club while in peak shape) and not waited to rehab after making it worse while likely being out of shape, it is not far-fetched to think KG could have returned in 10 weeks for the Orlando series, playing sparingly with no back to backs, and then slowly ramped us his minutes by the game 7 we lost by 5 points, played more in the ECF against the Cavs and (if we beat them) been close to 100% for an epic finals against the Lakers that would have begun 14-15 weeks after his surgery. 

The Celtics with Barnes and Andersen playing the minutes that were given out pupu platter style to O'Bryant (cut), Mikki Moore, Scal, Bill Walker and Giddens would have been FAR better able to handle KG's injury, might have had a shot at getting the 1 seed from the Cavs (4 games back owning the tiebreaker) and definitely wouldn't have needed 7 games and all sorts of OT's the beat the Bulls, exhausting them for an Orlando series they would have then won in 6 and setting up at least a KG return for a great East Finals against the Cavs.

2009 offseason:

- The Lakers targeted Artest over the far younger Ariza with their MLE this summer. The Celtics should have gleefully scooped up Ariza for their MLE (which Houston signed him for) over sending their stars to Sheed's doorstep. DeAndre Jordan would have spent 2009 in the D-league and was ready to provide 16 mins, 5p/5r/1b for the Clips in 2010. Or if they'd drafted Asik, he was still overseas, but might have been coaxed over with a bigger need here than there was for him in Chicago to backup Noah.

- Regardless of Jordan or Asik, Andersen could have been kept or Jason Collins/Joe Smith signed for the mini-MLE Marquis Daniels got and the team would have been ready to roll, incredibly good and won the title.  

That is it. That is all Ainge had to do 2008-2008. One obvious draft pick, a couple cheap signings, a different position/player targeted with the '09 MLE and better manage KG's original injury. After winning the 2010 title in 5 or 6 games with no Perk injury the Celtics could have done their trade with OKC that summer, sending Perk and Tony Allen (sign and trade) to the Thunder for James Harden (insisted upon as Ray's future replacement, no need for Green with Ariza here) and Krstic. Fair for both clubs. Thunder get proven vets who can guard Kobe and Bynum at the expense of their 3rd scorer who wasn't going to get the shots he deserved with KG and Westbrook around. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think the lockout also hindered us that year.  If no lockout, PERHAPS Krstic would have stayed here......he was  key piece, and oft-overlooked, part of that trade.  Danny DID address the loss of Perk.  He took Krstic, then Erdan.  Both wanted to go play overseas.  That is not Ainge's fault.......taking Giddens was a huge waste.....can't argue with that.  Let's just hope that Zeller can reach his potential.......10 and 8??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I cant understand the people that continue to say Jeff Greens contract is toxic...I just don't get it. We act like this guy plays for us like Jason Terry did when he came to Boston. He has been pretty good for us, just because he isn't Paul Pierce, its not as if he has been a bust. He's just not a #1 option.

[/QUOTE]Its not like he cosing us 80mil..He's a great complimentary player...who else can score for us??

poor man worthy, and worthy neeeded Magic and others

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Cs would have to get bad contracts in return. Bass might be tradeable, Green's contract is toxic, however.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

Actually Green only has 1 year left after this coming season.

At 9m per year, no way that's toxic because guys like Hayward and Parsons are getting 15m per year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, the Jeff Green contract is one of the best values in the entire NBA, totally reasonable and anything but toxic

If they trade Green, THEY BETTER get something for him, sick of hearing our players have no value, it's not true. 

Jeff Green averaged 17 points and 5boards and close to 5 assists, while taking the #1 defensive assignment every night ? This guy has serious value and his two year contract is a bargain !

STOP POSTING CRAP ABOUT JEFF GREEN

[/QUOTE]

I'LL POST CRAP ABOUT CRAPPY PLAYERS ANYTIME I WANT AND YELL AS LOUD AS YOU DO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Green's great playoff series was 14 months ago. Not two years.

Again, this is classless drivel.

Saying he is the DEFINITIVE Ainge blunder is ridiculous.

Things I wished Ainge did differently (i.e. bigger blunders) than trade Perk for Green:

1. J.R. Giddens over DeAndre Jordan or Omer Asik in the 2008 draft

2. Could have signed Trevor Ariza (my choice) or maybe Ron Artest to the full MLE in 2009. A backup SF who could guard LeBron, Melo, Durant and Deng and play crunch time stretch 4 (like Posey did) was a bigger need than Rasheed Wallace at PF-C. Both those guys got the same contract as Sheed just for more years.

3. If #2 was a done then #3 would be who to sign for the frontcourt after adding an awesome SF/PF. KG/PP and Ray should have gone to Antonio McDyess doorstep that July begging him to take the mini-MLE we gave to Marquis Daniels over sending them to Sheed's door to 'beg' him to take the full MLE he was not worth. McD got dub that from Spurs so maybe it wouldn't have been enough. Or sent them to Pachulia's doorstep to do some begging (and apologizing on KG's behalf for being a punk to him) and maybe got him to take half what he took to stay in Atlanta? ****Worst case you use that exception on Joe Smith or Jason Collins and this is much further down the list of blunders if there was never a shot at getting those two solid centers.

4. Jujuan Johnson over Chandler Parsons or Jimmy Butler in the 2011 draft

5. Marcus Banks over Luke Ridnour (or David West, but PG was the #1 need and Ridnour was picked next) in the 2003 draft.

6. Split the MLE in 2010 between Shaq and Matt Barnes (no JON) giving them both non-guaranteed contracts with raises the next year (roughly 3m each) and therefore giving the C's the firepower to get David West for these two expirings (NO would have waived them), Jujuan Johnson/other filler and the Clips '12 pick (was Fab Melo) adding up to the ability to get West here on a 3 year 33 million deal he would have taken over Indiana if Boston could have swung it (LA messed us up by sending Odom to Mavs, which is where NO would have sent JON, who had the fully guaranteed Shaq/Barnes MLE in the actual incarnation of this deal).

7. Cutting Chris Andersen in training camp in 2008 instead keeping Patrick O'Bryant, a stiff/bust who was cut.

8. Again back to Giddens. His presence in 2008 was due to Danny knowing Posey would walk. Plan B could have been using a portion of the MLE on Barnes, who signed for the min in Phoenix, if Jordan was in the D-league or Asik stashed overseas. But Giddens being here kept that from happening.9. Fab Melo over Miles Plumlee or Arnette Moultrie (stretch 5's who can guard the Bosh's) in the 2012 draft. Melo as we all know was a stiff and a massive bust.

10. Gerald Green over David Lee in the 2005 draft. Hard to blame DA here though. Green was a talented athlete who fell and the hope was he'd replace Wally which was more of a need than having Lee come aboard to replace Raef since the C's had Big Al. Green was later part of the KG package which Lee would prob have been part of as well if he were here so it was a wash. 

Well those are TEN things I would have rather seen Danny do than keep Perkins and not trade his damaged goods knee for Jeff Green and his damaged heart. Green has been twice the player Perk was at similar $ since the deal.

[/QUOTE]

I dd not make a comment about Greens heart condition...I commented about his L-A-C-K of heart (ie, GUTS) and it's entirely true. I don't want to hear about that Knicks series, a series they lost, ever again. It's useless ancient history.  THEY LOST!

If they had kept Perkins, because people FEARED coming into the lane because he'd croak them and KG could protect the rim, they would have most likely won at least one more Championship with him, whereas they have won ZERO championships with your Mr. Green Jeans. Green 's 15 points per game are not worth the money he's payed because they are largely a collection of garbage points scored when the game is already LOST!. For a "star" he has the least impact on the outcome of games on a regular basis of anyone in the entire NBA for what he's being paid. The eyes don't lie...he takes two out of every three games OFF! He just doesn't show up. Between he and Mr. Moody Rondon't they might have to order stock in Midol! They both need mood stabilizing medication! And this is one fact nobody can refute - if these guys are so great, why haven't the C's been able to attract a single decent FA here? Nobody wants to come here to play with these two whack job stiffs...NOBODY...prove otherwise!

Green was dealt a tough blow with his heart condition. But face facts, this is a professional sports league. DA signed the guy, he had a bad ticker, and we got screwed by the signing. We lost a full season of a player that was supposed to be a difference maker and he may never get over the psychological hump.  But we cannot be "nice" guys as a team to let him play and hope he comes around. So far the results are not encouraging. Dump him, he's useless. IF HE CAN'T PLAY HARD NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT THIS SEASON, SHOW UP AND PLAY FOR REAL EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME, HE SUCKS.

The Celtic's play to win championships, not to be nice guys trying to make a feel good story out of Mr. Green Jeans. Let Green achieve greatness for someone else. Anyone else! Let's get on with the business of winning championships.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

If they had kept Perkins, because people FEARED coming into the lane because he'd croak them and KG could protect the rim, they would have most likely won at least one more Championship with him, whereas they have won ZERO championships with your Mr. Green Jeans.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that is an opinion.  Baseless from my vantage point.  That deal did not work out as expected for either party.  Perkins never recovered from his surgery and Danny did a great job of shipping him at the right point in time.  Then he lost Kristic during lockout.  He drafted Fab Melo with the draft pick.  And he had to sign Green to keep alive any hope of the Celts contending.

Your position on Rondo and Green has been posted loud and clear multiple, multiple times.  Your claim that Danny should have kept Perkins doesn't make any sense from my vantage point.  Your claim that signing Green was Danny's biggest mistake is also out there somewhere.  Danny has whiffed in the past (Giddens, Fab Melo), but Green is not that whiff.

Sections
Shortcuts