Teams with Scorers, Excess Big Men, but a Substandard PG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Teams with Scorers, Excess Big Men, but a Substandard PG

Teams with scorers but lack a good PG include may be trade territory for Rondo:

Chicago, Utah, Detroit, Sacto, Indiana, Houston Toronto, Phoenix

Miami (no way Danny lets Rondo go the the Heat) NO (Rivers has been a bust and needs much more development than originally thought).   NYK or LAL (long shots but we are looking to add youth for the future).  I'm convinced that Sacto will not trade Cousins.

Teams with excess C or F/C Big men or soon to become FA are teams that Danny must be looking at:

Toronto, Phoenix, Lakers, Atl, Grizz, Warriors, NYK, Utah (more?)

By process of elimination, Utah (Williams PG - Big Al) and Phoenix (Dragic PG - Gortat) arei most likely candidates for trade talks, but we could get Big Al or Gortat without trading Rondo.   

My conclusion is that a Rondo trade would likely involve a PG/C, not a true center, and would involve three teams. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Teams with Scorers, Excess Big Men, but a Substandard PG

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Teams with scorers but lack a good PG include may be trade territory for Rondo:

Chicago, Utah, Detroit, Sacto, Indiana, Houston Toronto, Phoenix

Miami (no way Danny lets Rondo go the the Heat) NO (Rivers has been a bust and needs much more development than originally thought).   NYK or LAL (long shots but we are looking to add youth for the future).  I'm convinced that Sacto will not trade Cousins.

Teams with excess C or F/C Big men or soon to become FA are teams that Danny must be looking at:

Toronto, Phoenix, Lakers, Atl, Grizz, Warriors, NYK, Utah (more?)

By process of elimination, Utah (Williams PG - Big Al) and Phoenix (Dragic PG - Gortat) arei most likely candidates for trade talks, but we could get Big Al or Gortat without trading Rondo.   

My conclusion is that a Rondo trade would likely involve a PG/C, not a true center, and would involve three teams. 

CHI has Rose when he returns

UTAH - yes, and I proposed a trade to Utah weeks ago, which you all shot down.

DET - Brandon Knight is locked up at less money than Rondo

SAC - Yes, but they have a lot of players not making a lot of money.  Rondo for Cousins and Evans works.

IND - just committed to George Hill long term

HOU - Ah, Jeremy Lin????

TOR - Lowry and no one to match salaries with other than Bargnani

PHO - Dragic

so, Utah and Sacramento, as I have been saying for weeks:

Green to Utah for Millsap

Rondo to SAC for Evans and Cousins

OR - Rondo to Utah, Millsap to Sac (salary dump at the end of the year), Evans and Cousins to BOS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

If Utah is willing to trade Bg Al, that would be my reccomendation. Instantly we get a legit big who can score, and do not have to give up Rondo. He is a free agent, I doubt Utah will let him walk away for nothing. More importantly, Jefferson would welcome trade back to Boston, and imagine him with Sully and Melo for the future front line!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Big Al is the trade that transforms the team near term and long term. Low post volume scorer opens up the floor for better  looks for Paul, KG, etc. Pick and roll with Rondo/Hondo....But to take our garbage (Green; Bass, etc.), they're going to demand a low-priced treat which would be Bradley or Sully. I'd say let Bradley go and keep Lee who is better anyways and starting to get what it means to be a Celtic. Never let Sully go, he is a Celtic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo is not being traded FYI, hopefully you weren't conned by Chad Ford making up a rumor in his chat. Ainge doesn't actually think our lack of big men is a problem, which surprised me to learn. Don't get me wrong I do think he will try for one but he isn't trading Rondo at a discount to get one. Rondo-for-Jefferson is trading at a discount, especially because Jefferson is somewhat redundant with a rapidly improving Sullinger. We need a big man with way more defensive intensity than Sullinger. 

Ainge is not in a rush to trade at the moment and Rondo is low on his list of trading priorities. This could change over the summer depending on how this plays out...

But you can add the Lakers to the list of teams with lots of big men and a substandard PG. :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

whoops I meant way more defensive intensity than Jefferson. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

But I don't think we could get Jefferson without trading Rondo, Jefferson is pretty highly valued around the league, I think the Jazz would insist on Rondo. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I do not think the Lakers would trade with us. Even though we only play twice a year it just not the norm.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Again, hedley, why would the Kings want to dump salary when they're below 58m? 

The Kings are a team below the salary cap. Why dump salary?

Fierce - not going to happen, I was refuting Le Dunker's theories.  He shoots down all of mine, so I'll shoot down his, too.  HOU doesn't have a PG?  Really???

11. This post has been removed.