Tear it down...go get Cousins and Redick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Tear it down...go get Cousins and Redick

By any means necessary! Blow it up and make those two moves. Everyone is on the curb except KG.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Tear it down...go get Cousins and Redick

Do you know what BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY means...picks, players, whatever it takes. Give up 2 #1's it doesn't matter...draft is weak anyway.

As Scal said we have assets, it's just not working with this bunch as a unit.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The Seatle group would never let Cousins go.  The only chance was to get him when the Kings were internaly falling apart.  It won't happen now.  But for the record, I can't believe that so many of us (me included) were refusing to let AB go in deal for Cousins a few weeks ago.  thinking about it now, that's absurd.  and I like AB as much as anyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

The Seatle group would never let Cousins go.  The only chance was to get him when the Kings were internaly falling apart.  It won't happen now.  But for the record, I can't believe that so many of us (me included) were refusing to let AB go in deal for Cousins a few weeks ago.  thinking about it now, that's absurd.  and I like AB as much as anyone.

They are not going to SEA yet.  Potential SAC owner met with Stern today to try to keep them in SAC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I wouldn't trade AB for Cousins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"As Scal said we have assets, it's just not working with this bunch as a unit."

Notice Scal did not say we have enough assets to get Cousins, because we don't. Sac wants a young, rising All Star for Cousins. Notice that description doesn't fit anyone on the roster. 

Let me explain something to you about negotiation. When you decide to blow something up, as you put it, essentially to have a fire sale, you don't get much in return. 

The reason? Teams know you are desperate and/or that you place no value in your own players. They respond accordingly by offering crummy players in return. 

"Blow it up" doesn't work. What works is taking one or two valuable assets and trading them to a contending team that needs to tweak its roster. And we're still a couple weeks away from that happening. 

Mark my words, Ainge will make at least one move, probably two or three. But they will happen last minute once other teams are ready to either get that key piece or make changes because they are out of contention. 

But "blowing things up" would be a huge mistake, you end up devaluing your own assets and getting nothing back. 

I would not be surprised if we find a way to get Reddick. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's amazing how many people on this forum think other teams want our stiffs.....we do have a couple of modest assets to get modest players back. Or we could trade a Rondo and get pennies on the dollar. Maybe revisit the ML Carr days...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Many of our "stiffs" would be perfectly fine role players on many teams. Its just not working for them here. Are green, bass, lee and terry all of a sudden worthless? I don't believe it.

Jason Collin's s stiff, the above players aren't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

Many of our "stiffs" would be perfectly fine role players on many teams. Its just not working for them here. Are green, bass, lee and terry all of a sudden worthless? I don't believe it.

Jason Collin's s stiff, the above players aren't.

True but they wont get you cousins.  Green and Lee don't need to go anyway. Both of them are solid role players, although Green is vastly overpaid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Who do you'll think Cousins is?

Tell me what Orlando got for a All NBA center in Howard??

The GMs in the NBA trade for different reasons and some are pretty stupid.

Again, tell me what Orlando go for Howard...I will wait.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I still believe that Cousins won't be traded or anyone on the current Sacramento team since they are being sold.  Not sure what the rules are concerning trades, but I would be surprised if anyone was traded.  I may be wrong  since I don't know the rules concerning this.  I also don't think we have anyone that we could trade for Cousins. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Who do you'll think Cousins is?

Tell me what Orlando got for a All NBA center in Howard??

The GMs in the NBA trade for different reasons and some are pretty stupid.

Again, tell me what Orlando go for Howard...I will wait.

So you're basically saying that the Kings GM is as stupid as the Magic GM, is that it?

I can go down the line and give you trade after stupid trade that NBA GMs have done. My point is that we have assets. Everytime someone brings up a name whether it be Cousins, Smith, Gay, Redick, Gortat, Big Al, Millsap...someone says "we don't have the pieces, nobody wants our garbage." So the only deal we can make that makes sense is Dalembert....LOL! give me a break.

I'm still waiting to know what the Magic got for Dwight Howard? Can someone tell me?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Like the concept, but I think its time for Danny to do a little "Good Will Trading" and allow Paul and KG to go out winners by trading them to contenders for gap room, pics, and younger semi-good bigs.

Give the keys to Rondo, Sully, Green, Bass, Bradley and Lee. Let them figure things out for the rest of the year. In the off season us the cash savings and pick up a quality big. The team doesn't need much but we all gotta realize it not a slump for Paul its the aging prcess. 

God bless Paul but time catches up to all of us. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

It's amazing how many people on this forum think other teams want our stiffs.....we do have a couple of modest assets to get modest players back. Or we could trade a Rondo and get pennies on the dollar. Maybe revisit the ML Carr days...

I heard Scal like you and was surprised by what he said. He did not give the impression that the Celtics did not have the assets to make trades of impact. He on the contrary was saying that the Celtics had real assets of value.  I like you am wondering how he could be right, but Scal meant trades could be made.  I don't think we have much and what we do is overpaid.  I hope Scal was right and we are wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts