Technical Fouls This Year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Technical Fouls This Year

Kobe is going to get ejected a lot this season if the refs calls it like the way they do now. KG just complained and he got tossed. If a complain gets you a tech what more if you shout at the refs like Kobe does every game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

The Dictator Stern really needs to go. He is ruining the game for the players and for the fans. Tonights game is a disgrace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

refs are cooking now the celtics...believe me they gonna watch the celtics again till this season ends...good job by the cltics today.they beat the knicks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Technical Fouls This Year:
    [QUOTE]The Dictator Stern really needs to go. He is ruining the game for the players and for the fans. Tonights game is a disgrace
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Because KG got ejected or the Knicks lost?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The refs have gone way too far. David Stern needs to step in to modify the technical situation. If this keeps going on, the refs are going to be factors in the outcomes of games and that's going to be a terrible thing.
        If the NBA wants refs that are willing to endure some verbal abuse, I'll send in my application.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Home court advantage ... Knick players weren't getting the same treatment as the C's when it comes to the new "T" rules ... the house in Vegas will make a bundle ... Herr Stern, place your bets it's almost tip-off time!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Now you're a conspiracy theorist? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There will be two sets of rules,the one where you can't call a Technical on Kome or LeBrat ever! Then the one where you can call one on the Celtics for just breathing in the wrong direction. Tonights game was the classic example of the latter. this is the worst rule ever implemented by the Jerk from NY Sterns!!! I truly hope he gets ill and croaks he's ruining basketball. As long as I'm ranting,I'm not a conspiracy theorist I am a realist,The NBA is rigged and this new technical foul rule will allow the refs to determine who wins games just by whistling the players who are better than their opponents,I will bet anyone here that the Celtics suffer more than any other team from this rule. This is a classic stack the deck rule...Way to go Dueschebag Sterns..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Easier said than done.  When they are calling it one way, the refs should be called out!  If it's fair across the board fine, but you know they are going to pick and choose who they want to *&** with.

This is an emotional game and good players ususally play with a lot of emotion.  Trying to take emotion out of the game is not going to work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Definitely a bad decision by Stern and it is going to influence the outcome of the games.  Agree that this rule will hurt the Celtics.  The NBA will never improve until Stern is replaced.  I wish this was happening soon. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Here's what Woj wrote about it:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AumcLBjNlXV0UzyddV.0rxy8vLYF?slug=aw-sternofficiating101410

I agree with him 100%.
    As I noted elsewhere, as soon as players stop practicing and start playing for real it becomes obvious how ridiculous the new rules are.

AK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Its going to be the NBA finals 

Kobe,KG, Gasol, Pierce, Doc Rivers, Phil Jackson, Rondo, and Shaq are all going to be teched out in 3 minutes.

This new rule is a joke a player cant punch the air or ask what happened? NBA refs are probably already the worst in any of the leagues but now you add this? This is asking for people to question your staffing. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

When referees become more important than play, it is time to start watching other sports. It was bad last year, however, this is amazing. When refs determine who wins and who loses why watch?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Arrogance. nothing else needs to be said.

the league believes their refs are the best and how dare u suggest they may have been wrong! when in reality they are wrong 75% of the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

There are legitimate reasons why a player might need to have some discussion with the ref. For example, I have seen some players who were just whistled for a foul will go calmly to the ref and get a detailed explanation of exactly what they did that was wrong so they can avoid doing it again. I am afraid that the new rules will not allow for this type of conversation. This is just stupid...you cannot make a rule that no conversation is allowed between the refs and the players!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]When referees become more important than play, it is time to start watching other sports. It was bad last year, however, this is amazing. When refs determine who wins and who loses why watch?
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more. To those who believe that Stern is controlling or manipulating the NBA you can always choose not to watch the NBA. Are you people being forced to watch the Celtics?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Technical Fouls This Year : Because KG got ejected or the Knicks lost?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Because of the "selective" enforcement of the rules

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Technical Fouls This Year : Couldn't agree with you more. To those who believe that Stern is controlling or manipulating the NBA you can always choose not to watch the NBA. Are you people being forced to watch the Celtics?
    Posted by Tachometrix[/QUOTE]

You are right.  I know of some friends who have stopped watching the NBA.  They got tired of the bad calls and stopped attending games and don't watch the NBA anymore.  I believe that this new rule may influence even more fans. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How about Technical Fouls for fans, should the NBA give techs to fans as well?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Apply this rule to guys like Jordan and Bird, they'd have been thrown out of plenty of games.

I really don't understand the rule change, I don't see how it really benefits anyone. Is it there to produce a family friendly product that the consumers will just love because they are told to?

It will determine the outcome of too many games, games when players are ejected, games were players are suspended.

It's forcing players to become unemotional machines. There are games in the the season, particularly the playoffs were everything is in the balance teams seasons are on the line. And the players are expected to be all; No Sir, Yes Sir, Three Bags Full Sir?

Xavier McDaniel once said after a game against the Bulls "This is a game, this is a man's game". I don't think it is any more. It's becoming a game for a machine type guy who's supposed to check his natural emotions at the door of the arena.

Yes players should show respect to the officials but this is way too much. Let's see how the officials call each game and who get's given T's as I'm sure everyone has their own list of guys who are, shall we say, demonstrative when calls are made against them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the NBA is really going to push this new rule then expect Kobe Bryant to get tossed a lot. I mean the guy yells, screams, and frowns at officials. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

For sure, he's always having a go at them. But again, I think most of the really competitive guys are similar. But they don't do to his extent. But it will certainly cost us games if he carrys on as per normal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]For sure, he's always having a go at them. But again, I think most of the really competitive guys are similar. But they don't do to his extent. But it will certainly cost us games if he carrys on as per normal.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

The good thing is the refs will be more lenient when it's Kobe. If Kobe is not playing it's bad for business. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I don't see why they should be, he's one of the worst examples of guys who keep complaining about calls during a game. As soon as favored players get preferential treatment the media should start a campaign against the NBA.

Wearing a cynical cap, if they really want to market somebody in the the Western Conference it'd be Durant. Even though he's in a small market team.

Sections
Shortcuts