Teflon Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Teflon Doc

First Phil Jackson now Mike Brown winning the close ones. Somehow Doc manages to deflect any blame in losing leads at the end of games and then finally losing the game. Every team has a money play to score after a timeout....except us (the Cs). Doc can't beat the Lakers....period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Teflon Doc

In Response to Teflon Doc:
    [QUOTE]First Phil Jackson now Mike Brown winning the close ones. Somehow Doc manages to deflect any blame in losing leads at the end of games and then finally losing the game. Every team has a money play to score after a timeout....except us (the Cs). Doc can't beat the Lakers....period.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]
    We both started questioning Doc and nobody wants to respond. I guess Doc is not to blame.  We should have never lost that game yesterday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I think its a personnel issue moreso than a Doc issue. The Lakers have two bigs that can post up at will and either get a high percentage shot or a foul. Add to that they have a two guard that can get to the rim any time he wants for a high percentage shot or a foul. The chances of winning versus the C's who are primarily a jump shooting team with nobody that can get to rim is pretty high. Pierce cant get to the rim because they have Artest on him and Kobe is sagging off Rondo. Rondo is a non-factor in the 4th because he does not want to get fouled. There best option for a two probably would have been KG, but he is playing against Bynum who is much bigger than he is

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Re: Teflon Doc:
    [QUOTE]Celts made any of these shots they would have won. •  Kevin Garnett , who after hitting his first five shots of the game hadn't missed in 12 straight attempts spanning three games, missed four times in the final quarter, including a 12-foot fadeaway with 1:52 to go.   •  Brandon Bass  hauled in that miss and fed Allen for a clean look. Despite having three triples in the game, Allen misfired. He'd miss again on the next possession, unable to steer in a 10-foot jumper. http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7674794/boston-celtics-missing-los-angeles-lakers That bank shot by Ray Allen was a forced shot.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    My post was about the Cs record against the Lakers since we won the championship not just yesterday's choke job. Doc has not displayed a consistent  Xs and Os against the Lakers in crunch time. That's all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

My only complaint with Doc is that he may lean on his starters too much. I am talking about previous years moreso than this year. When the C's had a decent option as a backup PG (Marbury, Nate), why does he keep Rondo on the floor when he is not contributing late. If Rondo is producing, sure keep him out there; however, if he is just a decoy in the corner, why not put somebody else in?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Celts made any of these shots they would have won. •  Kevin Garnett , who after hitting his first five shots of the game hadn't missed in 12 straight attempts spanning three games, missed four times in the final quarter, including a 12-foot fadeaway with 1:52 to go.   •  Brandon Bass  hauled in that miss and fed Allen for a clean look. Despite having three triples in the game, Allen misfired. He'd miss again on the next possession, unable to steer in a 10-foot jumper. http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7674794/boston-celtics-missing-los-angeles-lakers That bank shot by Ray Allen was a forced shot.
    I used to play basketball so I refuse to accept a team like the Celtics could continue to lose to a team like the Lakers when they have a lead because of perimeter shots.

Perimeter shots at this level when very competent shootersl like Ray Allen, PP, Bass or Garnett are on the floor, should be able to be set up I don't care how good the defense is.  We came back from a 15 pts and gave the game away just like we did in Boston. The Lakers have Bynum and Kobe but as we have seen this season and last they are not that good. They really aren't.  If KG was so afraid of Bynum scoring he should have fouled him and sent him to the line. Bynum is a terrible foul shot. Doc is not coming through in the games we lose that we are ahead in in the last minute.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

doc does not use his bench effeciently..

and of course he burns out the starters

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bench was horrible yesterday.  Bass had a wide open look.......we didn't score in the last 1:30......maybe it's the players fault, not the coach!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : Only Rondo is averaging 36.6 minutes per game among the starters. Every time Doc uses his bench the Celts lose the lead. 

NOT TRUE-  the second unit just blowed the doors off the blazers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I didn't say I wanted to get rid of Doc.  I only pointed out he can't seem to set up plays in a series of close games that we have a lead in to win.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : Not true. We were leading 84-45 when Pierce and Ray went out with 2:42 remaining in the 3rd qtr. The Blazer bench outscored the Celts bench 32-16 in the 4th qtr.

Not true!!!  How do you think we got that big lead in the first place.  Sasha, Dooling, Steamer, and Bradley along with a couple starters got the ball rolling and it kept rolling.  The end of the bench got outscored at the end.  The end was garbage time.  The second quarter was not garbage time.  The last quarter was Dooling, Moore, JJ, and Daniels.  Thats not our bench unless its a blowout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Bench was horrible yesterday.  Bass had a wide open look.......we didn't score in the last 1:30......maybe it's the players fault, not the coach!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

novel interpretation.you and Fierce are right.you can`t coach the ball into the hoop , nor can you coach size.we need length and a post presence.the fact that we have neither isn`t Doc`s fault. maybe next year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : novel interpretation.you and Fierce are right.you can`t coach the ball into the hoop , nor can you coach size.we need length and a post presence.the fact that we have neither isn`t Doc`s fault. maybe next year.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

You can't constantly come out of timeout huddles and just shoot jumpshots especially when the defense knows that's what you do and have been doing it all year. C'mon man! If PP wasn't so frightened of Metta, Doc could have drawn a play to allow him to get to the rim. For Pete's sake they had Rondo trying to win tie the game on a jumper....enough already. We (Cs) lost by 3 so size wasn't the problem....execution.. my man... execution! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : I used to play basketball and played well so I refuse to accept a team like the Celtics could continue to lose to a team like the Lakers when they have a lead because of perimeter shots. Perimeter shots at this level when Ray Allen, PP, Bass or Garnett should be able to be set up I don't care how good the defense is.  We came back from a 15 pts and gave the game away just like we did in Boston. The Lakers have Bynum and Kobe but as we have seen this season and last they are not that good. They really aren't.  If KG was so afraid of Bynum scoring he should have fouled him and sent him to the line. Bynum is a terrible foul shot. Doc is not coming through in the games we lose that we are ahead in in the last minute.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

You got to admit that if you are taking higher percentage shots you got a better chance of winning. If you drive to the goal or post up, you are putting pressure on the defense. If the best shot you can get is a jumper, more than likely you are settling or basically letting the defense dictate the possesion. That is basically what been happening in the Lakers vs C's games since Artest arrived and Bynum has been reasonably healthy. The Lakers D dictates the games to the C's, and there offense constantly puts pressure on the C's D. Ray and KG are usually exhausted at he end of games because they have to exert so much energy guarding Kobe and the bigs. Just my opinion

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : You got to admit that if you are taking higher percentage shots you got a better chance of winning. If you drive to the goal or post up, you are putting pressure on the defense. If the best shot you can get is a jumper, more than likely you are settling or basically letting the defense dictate the possesion. That is basically what been happening in the Lakers vs C's games since Artest arrived and Bynum has been reasonably healthy. The Lakers D dictates the games to the C's, and there offense constantly puts pressure on the C's D. Ray and KG are usually exhausted at he end of games because they have to exert so much energy guarding Kobe and the bigs. Just my opinion
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]
    Amen

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : NOT TRUE-  the second unit just blowed the doors off the blazers.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Even in the Blazers game Pavlovic with +3 and Stiemsma with +1 are the only guys from the second unit who had a positive +/-.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teflon Doc : I used to play basketball so I refuse to accept a team like the Celtics could continue to lose to a team like the Lakers when they have a lead because of perimeter shots. Perimeter shots at this level when very competent shootersl like Ray Allen, PP, Bass or Garnett are on the floor, should be able to be set up I don't care how good the defense is.  We came back from a 15 pts and gave the game away just like we did in Boston. The Lakers have Bynum and Kobe but as we have seen this season and last they are not that good. They really aren't.  If KG was so afraid of Bynum scoring he should have fouled him and sent him to the line. Bynum is a terrible foul shot. Doc is not coming through in the games we lose that we are ahead in in the last minute.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Son, you played bball? You certainly don' t come across as someone who has any on court sense. The Lakers aren't that good and therefore the C's are just as good??  The Lakers have dominated the C's in crunch time the last three games they have played!  Have you not noticed that the Lakers have three players who can take opposing players off the dribble whereas the C's do not have any?   The C's are for the most part a jump shooting team and if they don't have any space on those shots they are not going to convert at a high percentage.