tell me again y GREEN is not the starting 4 going forward?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: tell me again y GREEN is not the starting 4 going forward?

I can't predict what next year will bring, but Jeff Green is a flat-out basketball player. Whether on one end or the other, he's proven he's very much deserving of the money people here question. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to painter's comment:

I can't predict what next year will bring, but Jeff Green is a flat-out basketball player. Whether on one end or the other, he's proven he's very much deserving of the money people here question. 

My sentiments exactly.  Just wish he would be this agressive more often.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

You are right.  It was really a great game by him last night.  He needs to play like this on a more consistent basis.  If he is more consistent maybe next season he will be starting over Pierce.  He is still a better small forward.  Although, starting him at the 4 for some games this season isn't a bad idea. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Doc is going to eventually change that in the next few weeks Green needs to start...even if it's for PP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

In response to susan250's comment:

You are right.  It was really a great game by him last night.  He needs to play like this on a more consistent basis.  If he is more consistent maybe next season he will be starting over Pierce.  He is still a better small forward.  Although, starting him at the 4 for some games this season isn't a bad idea. 

doesnt take a genius to see it, heck stevie wonder can see it... jeff green produces a lot more as a starter. the more he plays the better his effort and consistency..he's the x-factor. jg is a legit star in this league. talking harden level. been saying for months, these playoffs could be about the coronation of green. miami has ZERO answers for him. that wont change. y not just max out his minutes with kg and him as starters. ultimate small ball in a small ball league!

maybe someone should mention this to Doc and Danny. Bass should come off the bench. Green will develope faster if he starts. he's being paid to start. Doc doesn't like to try new things.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

doesnt take a genius to see it, heck stevie wonder can see it... jeff green produces a lot more as a starter. the more he plays the better his effort and consistency..he's the x-factor. jg is a legit star in this league. talking harden level. been saying for months, these playoffs could be about the coronation of green. miami has ZERO answers for him. that wont change. y not just max out his minutes with kg and him as starters. ultimate small ball in a small ball league!

maybe someone should mention this to Doc and Danny. Bass should come off the bench. Green will develope faster if he starts. he's being paid to start. Doc doesn't like to try new things.

KG at center?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I dont' think Randolph or White would have helped last night.  That team would have exposed their weaknesses big time!

Glad Crawford played well

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Neither Carmelo Anthony nor LeBron James plays the 4.

As for Green, I don't care whether he is used as a starter or sixth man, as long as he's in the game. Personally, I've always liked Red's philosophy about bringing in your second-best forward off the bench.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

I sat in row 11 in Atlanta and saw Dominique Wilkins score  in the 40's several times.  JG looked about as dangerous as Dominique.  If Doc was Dominique's coach instead of his teammate, he may have brought Nique off the bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

James Harden a max contract player, didn't start for the Thunder. As long as we have Pierce Jeff Green will be on the bench. He will play starters minutes though. The way harden did. The way Kevin McHale used to. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

If he gets near 40 minutes in the playoffs, that is fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

What?

Harden per 36 minutes 24. 6 points

Jeff Green per 36 minutes 16 points.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I think Doc is going to eventually change that in the next few weeks Green needs to start...even if it's for PP.

I say start him at pf/let Bass come off the bench for KG...Bass has turned into a decent defender...too bad Wilcox gets lost out there...that randolf could work himself into some

minutes...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to JG9000's comment:

KG at center?

Bass at center, Sully(rookie) starter..AB, Rondo,Green,

.on on...wow...
    Green was not at this level just a month ago...he is getting better...

both on defense and offense...AB went throught same growing pains...

this is not microwave baskeball...poof...instant all stars...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I dont' think Randolph or White would have helped last night.  That team would have exposed their weaknesses big time!

Glad Crawford played well

I like the kid..has some spunk...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Green is a very ineffective 4......

What changed were his defensive results. According to 82games.com, opposing small forwards mustered only a 7.9 PER against Green with Boston and a 12.2 PER against him with Oklahoma City; the problem was that opposing power forwards shredded him for a 21.6 mark. Similarly, Green's Synergy stats with Boston were strong, whereas with the Thunder they were awful. All of which points to the fact that Green is much better at guarding 3s than 4s.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/12/4/2611593/jeff-green-is-a-combo-forward-but-mostly-a-small-forward

That is a pretty old post. He is playing better this year at the four. Yesterday, he played the four. Against the suns he played the 4.  I belive this year at the four his PER (the second half of the season) is somewhere in 20.00 range. That's is pretty darn impressive. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

What changed were his defensive results. According to 82games.com, opposing small forwards mustered only a 7.9 PER against Green with Boston and a 12.2 PER against him with Oklahoma City; the problem was that opposing power forwards shredded him for a 21.6 mark. Similarly, Green's Synergy stats with Boston were strong, whereas with the Thunder they were awful. All of which points to the fact that Green is much better at guarding 3s than 4s.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/12/4/2611593/jeff-green-is-a-combo-forward-but-mostly-a-small-forward

That is a pretty old post. He is playing better this year at the four. Yesterday, he played the four. Against the suns he played the 4.  I belive this year at the four his PER (the second half of the season) is somewhere in 20.00 range. That's is pretty darn impressive. 

He's a better 4 than Bass no matter how ineffective he is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let Bass play well of the bench.  We know what he does when he starts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Green doesn't start, he won't get 40 minutes. He needs to get 40 minutes, so he needs to start!! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

He's a better 4 than Bass no matter how ineffective he is.

That may be true, but that is a function of how bad Bass is.

Wilcox is better than Bass.

And Green is also a better 4 than Wilcox. 0 points, 4 boards and 4 fouls last night while playing some horrible D.

The best 5 is garnett, Green, Pierce, Bradley and Lee.  Those are the guys that should get the most minutes.

Sections
Shortcuts