Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats

When we win, Rondo has 12+ assists and Ray/Paul have 4+ 3 pointers combined in 20 out of 29 games this year.

What does that tell me?

If they are hot, we will do ok... if they get cold Rondo needs to do more. Attack the rim but ALSO make 35-40% of the open mid-range jumpers and 70-75% of the foul shots.

He needs to be one of 2 things this playoffs:

A. an opportunistic 12-15 point per scorer who gets 14-18 assists b/c at least 2 of his big 3 shooters hit 55%+ and 4 or more 3's...

or

B. a push the pace attacker when 2 or more of his stars struggle w/ J's, who takes his open jumpers, makes them at a 35% clip, while making multiple layups, getting to the line, and shooting 70+% from it. Then he'll get 18-24 points but 'only' 8-12 assists.

He really CANNOT be anything else against the NBA top 5 talent we face the rest of the playoffs.... or we'll lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats

When Rondo has 10 or more assists we are 39-6

When he has 10 or less (included games he was injured) we are 20-21

That is INSANE

When he scores 14 or more points we are 15-3

That is a precentage I will always live it.

When Ray has 3 or more 3 pointers we are 28-8

(4+ we are 12-0)

WOW

C'mon Celtics... get Rondo over 14 points and 10 assists and Ray over three 3's and it looks like a pretty good lock to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats:
    When Rondo has 10 or more assists we are 39-6 When he has 10 or less (included games he was injured) we are 20-21 That is INSANE When he scores 14 or more points we are 15-3 That is a precentage I will always live it. When Ray has 3 or more 3 pointers we are 28-8 (4+ we are 12-0) WOW C'mon Celtics... get Rondo over 14 points and 10 assists and Ray over three 3's and it looks like a pretty good lock to win.
    Posted by rameakap

WHy so greedy?      All we need is those 10 assists...   39-6   is better than six wins for every loss...   with that win loss ratio for the rest of the playoffs.     Banner #18 hangs in the Garden rafters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

it actually makes a lot of sense.  the most stupid comment about Rondo is when people say if the dont make shots he wouldnt get assist. Stockton must have been so good it didnt matter if they made the shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Game 7 2010 Finals Celtics vs Lakers:

Rondo 10 assists - Check!
    Rondo 14 points - Check!
    Ray 2-7 3 pointers - Ugh!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats:
    When we win, Rondo has 12+ assists and Ray/Paul have 4+ 3 pointers combined in 20 out of 29 games this year. What does that tell me? If they are hot, we will do ok... if they get cold Rondo needs to do more . Attack the rim but ALSO make 35-40% of the open mid-range jumpers and 70-75% of the foul shots. He needs to be one of 2 things this playoffs: A. an opportunistic 12-15 point per scorer who gets 14-18 assists b/c at least 2 of his big 3 shooters hit 55%+ and 4 or more 3's... or B. a push the pace attacker when 2 or more of his stars struggle w/ J's, who takes his open jumpers, makes them at a 35% clip, while making multiple layups, getting to the line, and shooting 70+% from it. Then he'll get 18-24 points but 'only' 8-12 assists. He really CANNOT be anything else against the NBA top 5 talent we face the rest of the playoffs.... or we'll lose.
    Posted by rameakap

I wonder what Paul and Ray shooting stats are like when someone guards them (take LeBron and Wade for example).  The assists really pile up when you have to two great scorers.

Maybe that is why D'Antoni said he would like to see how Rondo plays if he had to play for Minnesota.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : WHy so greedy?      All we need is those 10 assists...   39-6   is better than six wins for every loss...   with that win loss ratio for the rest of the playoffs.     Banner #18 hangs in the Garden rafters
    Posted by videoburns

39 and 6, more than 6 wins per loss, wonder how many of those teams aren't in the playoffs.....  I wonder how many of them are not Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Chicago, LA, OKC, and Memphis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : I wonder what Paul and Ray shooting stats are like when someone guards them (take LeBron and Wade for example).  The assists really pile up when you have to two great scorers. Maybe that is why D'Antoni said he would like to see how Rondo plays if he had to play for Minnesota.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

soo wat ur saying is that wen they play a team like lebron and wades, our guys wont make nething, meaning Rondos assists will be plain. the assists piled up by Rondo this year against the Heat went as follows: 17, 16, 10 and 5. and the 5 assist game was wen he was still in his slump, but hey, no excuses. 

so either way your wrong. if you say he doesnt gain assists when opponents are better defenders against paul and ray, your wrong. and if your saying that he cant gain big assists if the big 3 arent shooting lights out, your wrong.  
    sorry. i know it KILLED you to see Rondo do work this series, AGAIN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : 39 and 6, more than 6 wins per loss, wonder how many of those teams aren't in the playoffs.....  I wonder how many of them are not Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Chicago, LA, OKC, and Memphis.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

and your saying he cant perform against elite talent? also wrong. Rondo has had his biggest games against the most talented teams this season. sorry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : 39 and 6, more than 6 wins per loss, wonder how many of those teams aren't in the playoffs.....  I wonder how many of them are not Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Chicago, LA, OKC, and Memphis.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Quit pretending to be a Celtic fan. You gave yourself away a while back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : soo wat ur saying is that wen they play a team like lebron and wades, our guys wont make nething, meaning Rondos assists will be plain. the assists piled up by Rondo this year against the Heat went as follows: 17, 16, 10 and 5. and the 5 assist game was wen he was still in his slump, but hey, no excuses.  so either way your wrong. if you say he doesnt gain assists when opponents are better defenders against paul and ray, your wrong. and if your saying that he cant gain big assists if the big 3 arent shooting lights out, your wrong.   sorry. i know it KILLED you to see Rondo do work this series, AGAIN.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I was using the Heat as an example of a good defensive team.  The last 3 Heat / Bulls games combined the Cs fail to score 80.

Rondo's assists declined each month of the season to the point where he didn't even lead the league in assists though most on BDC if pressed would answer that Rondo averaged 30 assists per game and there were a bunch of guys around 10.  So his absolute biggest strength did not even lead the league.

Rondo had very good series against a team that views defense as an unconfirmed rumor.

Again, there is a reason that D'Antoni said he would like to see how Rondo would play in Minnesota, in other words where there are not 3 hall of famers to pass the ball to and then all of the standing at the top of the arc and pounding the ball into the floor would result in shot clock running down uncontested clangs.  He would shoot 30% from the floor and have a third as many assists is what I think D'Antoni was basically saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : and your saying he cant perform against elite talent? also wrong. Rondo has had his biggest games against the most talented teams this season. sorry.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Regulary destroyed by Rose and Westbrook.... yeah I don't think he can perform against elite point guards but we won't see that this year.  They won't be playing against elite point guards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : I was using the Heat as an example of a good defensive team.  The last 3 Heat / Bulls games combined the Cs fail to score 80. Rondo's assists declined each month of the season to the point where he didn't even lead the league in assists though most on BDC if pressed would answer that Rondo averaged 30 assists per game and there were a bunch of guys around 10.  So his absolute biggest strength did not even lead the league. Rondo had very good series against a team that views defense as an unconfirmed rumor. Again, there is a reason that D'Antoni said he would like to see how Rondo would play in Minnesota, in other words where there are not 3 hall of famers to pass the ball to and then all of the standing at the top of the arc and pounding the ball into the floor would result in shot clock running down uncontested clangs.  He would shoot 30% from the floor and have a third as many assists is what I think D'Antoni was basically saying.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

ahh..this is why nothing you say makes sense, you take all your beliefs from D'Antoni. it allll makes sense now. welp, all i know is he shot 50% this series. like DOC (a more reasonable voice to listen to) says, noone knows what would happen if he didnt have the hall of famers around him, but you shouldnt bash him bc of it, and im sure neone would take the same luxury if givin the chance. the time will come wen we will see what he can do without hall of famers, but untill then, im just going to observe what he does RIGHT NOW. and wat he is right now is a damnn good point guard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : WHy so greedy?      All we need is those 10 assists...   39-6   is better than six wins for every loss...   with that win loss ratio for the rest of the playoffs.     Banner #18 hangs in the Garden rafters
    Posted by videoburns

Hmmm

If you told me right now Rondo would be exactly a 14-10 and Ray exactly a 20 point guy w/ an avg of three 3's per the rest of the playoffs...

I still wouldn't be convinced we'd raise banner 18

that make me a pessimist?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : ahh..this is why nothing you say makes sense, you take all your beliefs from D'Antoni. it allll makes sense now. welp, all i know is he shot 50% this series. like DOC (a more reasonable voice to listen to) says, noone knows what would happen if he didnt have the hall of famers around him, but you shouldnt bash him bc of it, and im sure neone would take the same luxury if givin the chance. the time will come wen we will see what he can do without hall of famers, but untill then, im just going to observe what he does RIGHT NOW. and wat he is right now is a damnn good point guard.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I don't take any of what I believe from D'Antoni, I just happened to notice a quote that he made and he apparently believes something similar to what I think.

Nobody knows of course what he would do if he didn't have hall of famers but I think it is still ok to have an opinion.  What I do believe is that there are any number of point guards who could go through summer league, training camp, preseason, and take up right where Rondo left off and the team would be much better with some and just as good with a bunch of others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo vs. OKC and Chicago:

11 points, 10 assists, 5.5 rebounds, 2.5 steals 3-3 record

Rose/Westbrook  avg's vs. Rondo

25 points, 6.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds 1.5 steals.

So basically Rondo gave up 7 points.... but grabbed an extra rebound and a steal

YAWN

These PG's held each other to EXACTLY their season avg's and split 6 games... any MORON out there who wants to say any of them outplayed the other IS A FOOL.

Rondo did vs. them what he did in 76 other games and vice versa. The teams split 6 games.

But Rose (6+) and Westbrook (-1) had great teams overall.... If we are to beat them in the playoffs Rondo can't just put up his season avg's and hold them to theirs. He has to exceed his normal production while holding a guy like rose or Westbrook to under theirs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : I was using the Heat as an example of a good defensive team.  The last 3 Heat / Bulls games combined the Cs fail to score 80. Rondo's assists declined each month of the season to the point where he didn't even lead the league in assists though most on BDC if pressed would answer that Rondo averaged 30 assists per game and there were a bunch of guys around 10.  So his absolute biggest strength did not even lead the league. Rondo had very good series against a team that views defense as an unconfirmed rumor. Again, there is a reason that D'Antoni said he would like to see how Rondo would play in Minnesota, in other words where there are not 3 hall of famers to pass the ball to and then all of the standing at the top of the arc and pounding the ball into the floor would result in shot clock running down uncontested clangs.  He would shoot 30% from the floor and have a third as many assists is what I think D'Antoni was basically saying.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Second in assists is outstanding and the guy who beat Rondo plays on an offensive minded team whose shooting philosophy is 7 seconds or less. If Rondo played for the suns he'd have 15 assists per game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Telling Rondo assist and Ray/Paul 3 point FG stats : Second in assists is outstanding and the guy who beat Rondo plays on an offensive minded team whose shooting philosophy is 7 seconds or less. If Rondo played for the suns he'd have 15 assists per game. 
    Posted by jtkl

Yeah and if Nash was on Celtes he'd be a 20-15 each game and his lack of defense wouldn't matter.

Sounds like you are wasting your time debating with a racist loser who is not a fan of the Celtics.

The 'ignore' feature would serve you better

Sections
Shortcuts