Terrance Williams and Jordan Crawford are both signed next year - backcourt gets younger and bigger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Terrance Williams and Jordan Crawford are both signed next year - backcourt gets younger and bigger

The Celtics just added two nice looking guards off the scrap heap , now they add 2 big men ?

4 young players added to the mix to go with Sullinger, Fab Melo, and Avery Bradley

Suddenly the Celtics have a nice core of young talent , Ainge's China scouting gives the Celtics more seasoned than guys coming out of college.

This is a new direction for the Celtics , throughout the Big Three era , Ainge has always added veterans to fill out the roster, hoping to squeeze something out of fading talent.

Now he's bringing a bunch of young guys who definitely don't want to go back to China , and a guy rescued from a career of losing and obscurity with the Washington Wizards....

Crawford and Williams give the Celtics a 10 man rotation, don't know why Doc wouldn't go for a longer rotation to get thru the regular season.

Wonder what the rotation is gonna look like when the playoffs open ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Re: Terrance Williams and Jordan Crawford are both signed next year - backcourt gets younger and bigger

...as always, they will get the minutes that they deserve. Doc is all about winning now that Rondo is no longer int the mix. He was all about winning before he went down; however, since it is a player's league, Rondo was a problem.

I like our team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Terrance Williams and Jordan Crawford are both signed next year - backcourt gets younger and bigger

Doc said the reason for giving William a contract like that was his talent,  and also there was no reason he can't be a well above average pt guard.  I happen to agree. Maybe just maybe TW can get his crap together.  If he does we just got a major steal.  Just like a top draft pick.

I would not be surprised if the new guy can't help us out too.  Its pretty obvious he can score the ball unless he was playing midgets.  They said he put up one monster game and it was on DJ White.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I think DJ WHite has a better chance of staying with the team in future years than Randolph.

but who knows.

Garnett

Melo

Sullinger

Bass

Green

Pierce

Williams

Rondo

Lee

Terry

All under comtract next year.

Bradley is a RFA I believe.

did I miss anyone?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Randolph is 29 years old I believe. getting excited about DJ White and Randolph? any team in the NBA could have had either one of those guys and chose not to.  That's why they were in China.

Williams on the other hand is only 25  and has some really strong skills.  Crawford  is known to be a gunner and a headcase.

I am not really sure why these 4 guys are supposed to be exciting.

they are all fine for depth and to be the end of the bench guys but none of them are going to be difference makers in the years going forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I believe Jordan Crawford could if he matures

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Randolph is 29 years old I believe. getting excited about DJ White and Randolph? any team in the NBA could have had either one of those guys and chose not to.  That's why they were in China.

Williams on the other hand is only 25  and has some really strong skills.  Crawford  is known to be a gunner and a headcase.

they are all fine for depth and to be the end of the bench guys but none of them are going to be difference makers in the years going forward.

Keep your eyes on Williams. He is a great passer and gives us a back up point guard off the bench. He can go to the hoop as well. Just needs some time to get into his game. I like his attitude as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Keep your eyes on Williams. He is a great passer and gives us a back up point guard off the bench. He can go to the hoop as well. Just needs some time to get into his game. I like his attitude as well.

The attitude is the big question mark.  If he can keep that in check,  learn how to play the game the right way,  he can be a steal.  It is so obvious he has as much talent as nearly anyone,  more than most.  Can do a lot of things.  I think we may have another pt guard of the future providing he stays in line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

getting excited about players like jordan and crawford is a sure indication of a team's impending mediocrity. jordan crawford has been pretty bad so far - launching ill advised shots and bringing nothing else to the table. he's an historically selfish player who cares about one thing and one thing only - getting his shots. t-will has shown a few flashes because he can pass the ball and his size is enticing to project at the back-up pg position, but talent or physical ability has never been the question with him. not sure it's possible to like the attitude of player who has been a major headcase in the past and has only been hear for 4 games... In terms of Randolph and White? Truly bottom of the barrel guys who are both are not likely to be around next year... btw fab melo should not be added into the mix when considering next years' prospects because he is likely not to be ready to contribute next year. he is a MAJOR PROJECT, as in the chances are good he will never crack the rotation, let alone become the center of the future so many seem to be slotting him in as. let's see if he can make it onto the 12 man roster first and manage to consistently refrain from tripping over his own feet (not kidding unfortunately).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

yeah, melo looked awful in the preseason, that's for sure.

williams looks like a decent defender but lost on offense.  Crawford has been terrible IMO, but I think he's got potential if he can learn from the bets.  At least you have to guard him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Williams has some potential due to his talent and athleticism. Crawford is so far just a gunner. There are tons of players like him. Until now, they are much worse than Barbosa IMO.

If Williams stops beeing a headcase then he would make a tremdendous backcourt with AB due to his size. But the odds are slim.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Rondo better watch it because if Doc/Danny are making all these committments to guards...Rondo could be used to land a big man. Lee, TWill, Crawford and Terry are signed for next year. AB has an option.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Rondo better watch it because if Doc/Danny are making all these committments to guards...Rondo could be used to land a big man. Lee, TWill, Crawford and Terry are signed for next year. AB has an option.

I don't think Rondo will play another full season with the Celtics!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think both players will prove valuable to the Celtics.  Jordan Crawford has only been in the NBA for two years (16 games for ATL and two seasons with dysfunctional, leader-less Washington) and now Boston.  He has the perfect attack mentality offensively.  Now only if Doc could "humble" him into adopting TEAM first, something he's never been asked to do.

He's athletic enough to be a fair defensive player.  Hey, if Ray Allen can become a fair defender, so can Crawford.  The bottom line is that the jury is still out on Crawford.

The same was said about Nate Robinson but, honestly, I think Nate was great in Boston.  At times he "did his thing" but he oftentimes fit in perfectly with the Celtics and provided huge, productive minutes.  Crawford, if coached properly, can be just as much of a contributor.

Let's just give the guy some time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Crawford = 14-18 minute a night spark plug at SG who can handle the ball well, which is good on a team with no pure PG and can possibly win you a quarter with his hot streaks... if you get 2 games where he plays 16-18 mins,  and goes 4-7 with 10-12 points for every 1 game he plays 12-14 mins and goes 2-6 with 6-8 points, then he is very valuable. Making all of 2.2 mil next season.

Williams = 14-18 minute a night swiss army knife at 3 positions who does everything well (except shoot from long distance) and can defend 2 positions very well, provide the kind of change of pace and gritty presence on the court that demoralizes another teams bench. Big guys who pass like guards annoy people, 6'6" 2215lb guys annoy 6'4" 190lbs SG's when they post them up, when he makes a steal, dunk or a big rebound he will energize the team/crowd.

These teo guys are GREAT bench players, they provide the type of youth off the bench at guard we never had during the '08-'11 title runs, and last year when Avery went down it was Pietrus/Dooling... these are similar players but upgrades. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame  - what is the deal again on retiring?  If both KG and PP retire at the end of the year, I know there is a way to get their contracts off the books, but what is it again?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

To the best of my knowledge, if a player retires while still being under contract, he signs up for something like the Voluntary retirement list and that means he forgoes his salary and it is off the teams cap and cannot return to the league for a year.

Sections
Shortcuts