TERRENCE WILLIAMS IS THE BEST PASSER ON THIS TEAM...HANDS DOWN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

TERRENCE WILLIAMS IS THE BEST PASSER ON THIS TEAM...HANDS DOWN!

I know. We can't rebound the other guys' misses worth a damn, but I just happened to look at a roster breakdown... man, this is truly a bad passing team. 

KG is a good passing big man, but even he overpasses. After that, ouch. 

The guards, Bradley, Lee, Terry, Green are all sub-par. Pierce comes up with a couple of nightmares a night and floats balls that stay in the air forever. And Bass, well, never mind.

No imagination, no creativity, no vision, no anticipation, and bad execution.

What jumps out with Williams is his vision and crisp delivery. I think he can make a big difference in getting the ball to open/cutting scorers. He just sees stuff before it happens. 

Put him at point forward, let him defend the SF, and let the platoon of other guards we have roam off the ball and defend the PG and SG. I'd like to see that happen for the times Pierce is off the floor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: TERRENCE WILLIAMS IS THE BEST PASSER ON THIS TEAM...HANDS DOWN!

This team lost its starting PG and had no backup PG, just a bunch of score-first (Terry) defense first (Avery) combo-guards, what do you expect?

Green is a forward, NOT a guard, and average for a hybrid SF-PF

Pierce is aboave average for a SG, KG WAY above average for a PF-C

Terry, Bradley and Lee are all above average passers if you consider them all SG's and not PG's

and as you say Williams is a VERY good passer for a swingman

So... ummm... if you want to start a thread about how its unfortunate to lose the top assists man in the league and have no pure PG behind him be my guest... but to say this is a terrible passing team is being misleading, all the players remaining are MORE THAN FINE passers for the roles and positions they were expected to play with Rondo running the show

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I tried to tell you guys as soon as we signed him, he's not a good passer he's a great passer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

This team lost its starting PG and had no backup PG, just a bunch of score-first (Terry) defense first (Avery) combo-guards, what do you expect?

Terry, Bradley and Lee are all above average passers if you consider them all SG's and not PG's

So... ummm... if you want to start a thread about how its unfortunate to lose the top assists man in the league and have no pure PG behind him be my guest... but to say this is a terrible passing team is being misleading, all the players remaining are MORE THAN FINE passers for the roles and positions they were expected to play with Rondo running the show

Paraphrase of a recent D. Ainge quote:  Last night in limited minutes Williams made 3 passes no one else on the team can make. 

And when he says 'make,' here, he probably also means 'see to make.'

My point, admittedly not well put, is that the team has no player even close to Rondo at seeing the floor, exploiting space, distorting defenses, varying the speed of ball movement, etc.

And if you need to play small, a player or two like that is vital.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:well said

Paraphrase of a recent D. Ainge quote:  Last night in limited minutes Williams made 3 passes no one else on the team can make. 

And when he says 'make,' here, he probably also means 'see to make.'

My point, admittedly not well put, is that the team has no player even close to Rondo at seeing the floor, exploiting space, distorting defenses, varying the speed of ball movement, etc.

And if you need to play small, a player or two like that is vital.

Sections
Shortcuts