Terry vs. Ray

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Terry vs. Ray

Jason Terry is averaging 10.5 points a game and Ray is averaging 10.8.  Ray is 41% from three and Terry is 38%.  Terry is a far better all around player and through his career has excelled in the playoffs. Those who miss Ray keep that in mind.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Terry vs. Ray

Terry can also play the point. which is something that if Ray tried to do would be an absolute disaster.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Terry can also play the point. which is something that if Ray tried to do would be an absolute disaster.

Ray is a terrrible ball handler.    For a guard who was always a very talented player he definitely wasn't very good at this aspect of the game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Jason Terry is averaging 10.5 points a game and Ray is averaging 10.8.  Ray is 41% from three and Terry is 38%.  Terry is a far better all around player and through his career has excelled in the playoffs. Those who miss Ray keep that in mind.  

What about the Flo factor?

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Come on guys, your hating on Ray makes you look jealous. Ray was better than Terry over his career, was better last year and is better this year. The absence of Rondo (and Ray`s slump and illness in february) closed the gap for Terry, still Ray won far more games for the heat this season than Terry did for us. And Ray is doing much more than just spot up shooting in Miami. He is bringing the ball up and is even creating for others, especially when James is on the bench. He even had a thunderous fast break dunk last week.  On top he is giving Wade a lot of support defending bigger guards, that is sth Terry never could do.  Plus: I have read somewhere that Ray is one of the top scorers in the 4th quarter this season.

Wanna see a coment of ESPN from the last game:

X factor: Ray Allen was unstoppable in the fourth quarter. After scoring just four points in the first three quarters, Allen knocked down four 3-pointers and scored 16 points in the final frame.

BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF  +/-   PTS

Ray Allen   25    7-10      4-6      2-2     0     2     2    1     1     0    2    1    +17     20

Besides that, we can be happy to have Terry as a replacement and we have much bigger problems than Ray vs. Terry (namely NO BIGS). Please let go!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Come on guys, your hating on Ray makes you look jealous. Ray was better than Terry over his career, was better last year and is better this year. The absence of Rondo (and Ray`s slump and illness in february) closed the gap for Terry, still Ray won far more games for the heat this season than Terry did for us. And Ray is doing much more than just spot up shooting in Miami. He is bringing the ball up and is even creating for others, especially when James is on the bench. He even had a thunderous fast break dunk last week.  On top he is giving Wade a lot of support defending bigger guards, that is sth Terry never could do.  Plus: I have read somewhere that Ray is one of the top scorers in the 4th quarter this season.

X factor: Ray Allen was unstoppable in the fourth quarter. After scoring just four points in the first three quarters, Allen knocked down four 3-pointers and scored 16 points in the final frame.

Ray Allen   25    7-10      4-6      2-2     0     2     2    1     1     0    2    1    +17     20

Besides that, we can be happy to have Terry as a replacement and we have much bigger problems than Ray vs. Terry (namely NO BIGS). Please let go!

I dont hate Ray. I dont know why me saying that Terry can play PG means I hate Ray.

they are both just average players at this stage in their careers.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

As much as I like Ray!, I think Jet is better for the C's now. He plays better d, plays pg if needed, has a better acceptance of the role required of him..willing to do what ever is neccessary to help the team. Ray's star history hurt his ability to do this in the end. As I said before, I wish Ray all the best buit not when playing the Celtics!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

As much as I like Ray!, I think Jet is better for the C's now. He plays better d, plays pg if needed, has a better acceptance of the role required of him..willing to do what ever is neccessary to help the team. Ray's star history hurt his ability to do this in the end. As I said before, I wish Ray all the best buit not when playing the Celtics!

R9R's (remember him?) "star history" hurt RA's ability to do this in the end by poisoning the well and running RayRay off.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, for most of this season many here felt JT was a total bust...I guess a few weeks changed that opinion..

In my book, JT is unproven when compared to Ray.. remember JT hasnt even played a full season or playoff game for the C's.. More so, Ray has been what most players in the NBA are not...a clutch shooter when all the marbles are on the line at end of games.

Pros and cons on both sides but Id liketo see JT step up and hit some big ones for us when it counts, then the other intangibles  he brings take on more meaning imo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How great can he have been so effective averaging 10.8 points a game?  With a team where he is the 4th option.  He gets wide open looks very few players in the NBA gets.  As for playing point guard, he may have brought the ball up in garbage time but you would never see Ray bringing the ball up under pressure.  He couldn 't do it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

How great can he have been so effective averaging 10.8 points a game?  With a team where he is the 4th option.  He gets wide open looks very few players in the NBA gets.  As for playing point guard, he may have brought the ball up in garbage time but you would never see Ray bringing the ball up under pressure.  He couldn 't do it. 

How do you know Ray couldnt do it if you never seen Ray bring the ball up under pressure?

That aside, Ray is a horrible ball handler and dribbler anywhere near traffic. At least he was when he was playing in Boston.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

How do you know Ray couldnt do it if you never seen Ray bring the ball up under pressure?

That aside, Ray is a horrible ball handler and dribbler anywhere near traffic. At least he was when he was playing in Boston.

He couldn't do it ably for the reason you give in the next set of sentences. What is wrong with you, looking for someone to argue with?  Ray could not play point guard for my reasons and the reasons  you list as well.  You looking for a fight, find something substantive to fight about. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Sorry, I saw Ray finishing sometimes at the rim bur never saw him bringing the ball up effectively. JT  turns his back on the defense too but aside from heading for the sideline at times is far more effective at bringing the ball up. As far as assists he is far superior to Ray. As far as 3 point.shots there is no one in NBA history as good at sticking the 3 shot under pressure as well as Ray Allen and Reggie. JT is pretty good at it too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I dont hate Ray. I dont know why me saying that Terry can play PG means I hate Ray.

they are both just average players at this stage in their careers.

They are average until the game is on the line and the playoffs come around...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The Celts are averaging 40 rebounds per game this season.

By removing Ray and JO out of the starting 5 the Celts got younger and more athletic. That's why the rebounding has improved this season.

If the Celts still had Ray, Ray would still be getting 30 minutes per game. Bad for the team.

With Terry, you don't have to play him 30 minutes per game to be effective.

+1

Who is in the game in the offensive set at the end of the game ...JT

Defensive maybe CL.. sort of the same as with Ray but we had no CL or AB or JJ or TW then. Big difference! Guard power! even against MIA. They have no real bigs either! Just L J for everything. Should be fun even w/o KG.. Rest up man! Enjoy the show..even if we lose monday It will be OK.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ray was a backup behind Bradley. Ray was also high maintanece. Terry is not. Enjoy Ray's treason.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Yes, but he was a back up, and he was high maintanence,

Ray found it intolerable to serve behind Bradley. Instead, he found it aceptable to serve behind Wade.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Yes he does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I dont hate Ray. I dont know why me saying that Terry can play PG means I hate Ray.

they are both just average players at this stage in their careers."

Exactly. Terry versus Ray is irrelevant anyhow. Ray wasn't coming back. We had to find someone else. 

"R9R's (remember him?) "star history" hurt RA's ability to do this in the end by poisoning the well and running RayRay off."

Yeah, your Rondo hate leads you to really accurate analysis dude. Well done. What a bunch of drivel. 

Let me break this down for you real carefully. 

Though you may fantasize otherwise, Ray and Terry are both role players at this point in their careers. 

The main reason Allen left the Celtcs is his ego couldn't handle starting behind Bradley even though everyone could see that it was for the good of the team. 

That's on Ray. 

The second biggest reason Ray left is because he liked his chances to win a championship better with the Heat. Hard to fault him there. Lebron in his prime and Wade with a chip on his shoulder meant lots of open looks and big wins.

The third and least important reason of the three was Rondo, and even there, it was not Rondo's on court behavoir that was the key. It was the fact tha Rondo lobbied Doc Rivers to start Bradley over Ray. Hard to fault Rondo for that as much as you hate him. So yeah, it got personal. 

Ray was a great Celtic but it's a myth he was all about team. He was unwilling to come off the bench for Bradley and that's what sealed the deal here. His on-court issues with Rondo were a factor but far from the main reason. 

I"m sure you can find other things to blame Rondo for, like maybe that your laundry needs to be done or something, who knows. Nice trolling though, too bad you're not based in reality on this one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Yes, but he was a back up, and he was high maintanence,

Ray found it intolerable to serve behind Bradley. Instead, he found it aceptable to serve behind Wade.

He was a backup because Rondo/Bradley is a much better defensive combination than

Rondo/Ray...Ray was usually in at the end of games for his offense...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Stil like the Bradley/Lee combo much better with JT coming off the bench..although i think Allen is a good pick up for Miami...you could do much worse...Man I hope he doesn't torch us monday...or hit the game winner...hope to see lee on him like a cheap suit...wonder who is going to guard him most of the game...

Sections
Shortcuts