Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

Re: Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy...

In Response to Re: Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy... : Bynum- 30.8mins, 15.2pts, 10.3 rebounds, 1.83 blocks, 5.56% FG, 7.78% Free throws And boston trolls believe that jerkins and jo are better than the Beast?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Bynum (aka Knee for twigs) is a bum!  Nice soft hands but couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag....no guts....that's all LA LA is....just a bunch of guys looking for the limelight! 

PS...Danny will have the last laugh...weirdos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This notion Perk would have made things different is something that cannot be stopped. It is a myth. The disrupting Danny created is what may have hurt our season. The Celtics with Perk were not greatly better than they are now. So my beef with Danny is trading for Green and Kristic. At this point it does not seem to be a great move.  Better players than that may have been available.  

Jeff GReen can change all that and after today's game we are sadly still waiting.

Perk was not playing that well and has not really played that well for the Thunder. He seems to be a better fit for the Thunder only because they have so many players who can do so many things.  Perk's limited game has some use there.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy... : Bynum (aka Knee for twigs) is a bum!  Nice soft hands but couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag....no guts....that's all LA LA is....just a bunch of guys looking for the limelight!  PS...Danny will have the last laugh...weirdos
    Posted by Tabuckiss[/QUOTE]

Thats why I said I'd rather have Jermaine O'Neal in his prime than Bynum. He will continue his trick or treat career thru next February when he gets traded for Dwight Howard.

Of course he would be better NOW, as he is pretty healthy (for him) and giving a 15-10... over Perk (terrible in OKC) and Jermaine (decrnt but obv end of career)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]This notion Perk would have made things different is something that cannot be stopped. It is a myth. The disrupting Danny created is what may have hurt our season. The Celtics with Perk were not greatly better than they are now. So my beef with Danny is trading for Green and Kristic. At this point it does not seem to be a great move.  Better players than that may have been available.   Jeff GReen can change all that and after today's game we are sadly still waiting. Perk was not playing that well and has not really played that well for the Thunder. He seems to be a better fit for the Thunder only because they have so many players who can do so many things.  Perk's limited game has some use there.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

agreed

The 'disruption' and possible loss of some sort of mojo we had where we truly believed in this 'nobody ever beat our healthy starting 5' thing is what hurt.

JON is proving that he is more than capable of filling Perk's role... a few less reb's and intimidation... but more late game impact w/ better shooting % and hands...

A wash

too bad he didn't have the surgery end of Nov and opted for rehab that clearly didn't work.

Had we had this JO back for a handful of games at the deadline the Perk deal wouldn't really have hurt at all.

And I'm 99% sure there was not a better deal out there for Perk than a 25 year old 15ppg combo-forward, perfect 4th best player ona  contender. A limited on D but very useful as a backup 27 yr old 7' C and 1st rd draft pick in the teens. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The only deal that comes to mind is the Rockets.

They got project Thabeet and a 1st rd pick in the late teens for Battier.

They'd have traded us Battier for Perk and our pick. But clearly that wouldn't be as fair w/o the C to hold us over till the O'Neals came back.

but in Feb nobody would've wanted Battier over Green in the long-term. Of course THIS Celtics team is all about the sort-term, and Battier would have fit into a Posey role (only better) way more that Green has. But hindsight is always 20-20.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is and I am just making a hindsight comment because we have it now.  Jeff Green has a chance to make everything all right and I still think he can.  He needs to be constantly reminded to shoot and be aggressive.  I don't know if he will but I sure hope so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Enough with the Ainge blame game. Perk was not the answer to the Cs winning it all this year. The Cs did just fine before he came back. And they are going to be fine going forward in this series. KG is the issue. He needs to re-locate himself to the paint. Grow a pair and compete in the paint, not up around the 3point line. He will be more effective in and around the paint for all the Cs than he will be around the arc. And Rondo just needs to take over and push that ball up the court. No one can stay with him when he does that. If these 2 do what they are capable of, the C's will take the next game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]It is and I am just making a hindsight comment because we have it now.  Jeff Green has a chance to make everything all right and I still think he can.  He needs to be constantly reminded to shoot and be aggressive.  I don't know if he will but I sure hope so.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Yes he does.

I have been amazed that he has not 'gotten it' yet.

Doc has said that he modified the playbook b/c the new guys only know like half the stuff. It is prob why he goes to Baby so much even as the man posts -21's when on the court and looks like he couldn't possibly be helping us more than seeing Green or JO out there for 30+ mins.

For now, just play great D on LeBron and let the offense come to you Jeff. Nights where you go 2-4 on 3's, have a monster dunk, a steal and a block... all that is gravy. Now just add 3 boards, shoot 75% plus from the line and eliminate the tentative play with 3-4 more assertive offensive moves, and you can swing this series our way.

Look what Jones did on a day when James wasn't shooting it great and bosh was held to 7. Had Green had a big first half to pick up the slack for Paul, who knows....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy... : Thats why I said I'd rather have Jermaine O'Neal in his prime than Bynum. He will continue his trick or treat career thru next February when he gets traded for Dwight Howard. Of course he would be better NOW, as he is pretty healthy (for him) and giving a 15-10... over Perk (terrible in OKC) and Jermaine (decrnt but obv end of career)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Bynum.  He is a great player, but never very reliable because he is constantly injured.  Agree that he has been having a good season and been a big contributor since he is currently healthy.   Will be remain healthy for the remainder of the season and into next season is anyone's guess.   I am not sure that Orlando will trade Howard.  Why would any team want to sign Bynum who has recurring injury problems? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Guys when talking about perkins and jermaine oneal is not about stats its about presense on the court and hard nose defense and intensity.

If you want to compare them let me see.......

1. Perkins is a ferocious lion just waiting for his prey on defense.

2. Jermaine oneal just a nice feathery pussycat.

PS. Perkins changes the complexion of the entire celtics team straight up.

If the celtics happen to beat the heat in this here series i believe the perkins move its going to hurt them against the bigger teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Perfect
    Scenerio: If and only if Miami eliminates the C's in 4 or 5 games: Doc rides off in the sunset to follow his son Austin's one or two and done college career! Bird gets shown the door by Pacer ownership: Ainge is axed by Wyc, Lawrence Frank gets the job with the Rockets. Wyc hires Bird to replace Ainge. Bird hires McHale to replace Doc. Ainge goes back to Salt Lake City to open a marriage counseling clinic on the set of HBO's BIG Love!: For Moroms Only!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Anyone who blames the Perk trade and not the Shaq injury is a compete fool"

Umm, sorry but you're the fool if you were confident that 39 year old Shaq would stay healthy. Danny was banking on Shaq being healthy when he made that trade, he said so himself. Many thought that was foolish, including me. Nice try making an attempt to disconnect those two COMPLETELY RELATED events. 

Having said that, we got our butts kicked last night and pretending Perk would have made a difference is silly. On the western side, Perk was on the losing side of a Memphis beatdown also. Rico is childish to post an angry "Thank You Danny" post after a loss that was clearly on Rondo and KG and to a lesser extent Pierce for losing his composure. (Jermaine O'Neal played pretty well). Having said that the pieces Ainge acquired in the Perk trade aren't playing well and that is not helping Ainge's cause. 

How about waiting until the series ends to pass the judgement? It's one game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Perkins yesterday 2pts. 6 rebounds. Hard to spin that positively. JO 9 pts and 3 rebounds.
    Perkins didn't even play last 5 minutes of OKC game.
    I still like the trade
    I have never said we lost game seven because of Perkins, we lost because we couldn't hit a shot and Ron Artest has a career game.
    We keep saying Green didn't play well but he hit two three's and ended with 9. If we are going to keep blasting him for playing bad D, then we should see who was guarding Wade yesterday. It is ridiculous to keep comparing that way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Danny boy is laughing all the way to the bank. He knows that he has until the year 2030 to bring another title to beantown, so what's the rush people? Remember boston only win championships every 22 years now.

As far a perkins, he was the anchor of the defense, and now he is gone, so all these stats don't mean anything. Rico is the only celtic fan that recognizes what a chump of a GM the celtics have. You people are lucky that McFail gave kg to you in 08, or that championship drought might have reached red sox potential. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdodson88. Show rdodson88's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaannyyyyyyy... : Bynum- 30.8mins, 15.2pts, 10.3 rebounds, 1.83 blocks, 5.56% FG, 7.78% Free throws And boston trolls believe that jerkins and jo are better than the Beast?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

It wasnt perkins stats that made him valuable to the C's it was his hard nosed, blue collar work ethic and the tight bond that he had with his team, something laker fans wouldnt know about....Bynum a beast?? 7 foot, 285 and only avg 15 pt give me a break... if he's a beast then what was shaq....who avg just under 30 his entire time in LA....

Sections
Shortcuts