Thank God for Shaq!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!!

Shaq has been everything we hoped Rasheed would be.

Rasheed was horrible , and not much of an impact in the playoffs

Shaq has been awesome, put I think they should resist the temptation to play him 30 minutes a game.

I'd rather see Semi get 12 minutes a night and have Shaq for 70 games this season and then the playoffs.

I think Shaq will wear down if he plays more than 22 minutes a night and we shouldn't risk losing him for the playoffs.

Is it true Shaq is going to attend class at Harvard this season ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Shaq has been everything we hoped Rasheed would be. Rasheed was horrible , and not much of an impact in the playoffs Shaq has been awesome, put I think they should resist the temptation to play him 30 minutes a game. I'd rather see Semi get 12 minutes a night and have Shaq for 70 games this season and then the playoffs. I think Shaq will wear down if he plays more than 22 minutes a night and we shouldn't risk losing him for the playoffs. Is it true Shaq is going to attend class at Harvard this season ?
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

IMO if Shaq played for us last year we in the finals in 6 games. Shaq doesn"t have to play a lot to get his timing.  He does it with size, you can't teach size or improve it. What Shaq does is gets in the right postition.  He has been great. Can't believe people thought he was washed up.  He just isn't what he was.  Still better than Perkins by a mile.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I worry that when Perk comes back Doc sticks Perk in the starting lineup and Shaq won't be near as effective with the second teamers. He gets and is able to finish because of who he playes with.  I hope Doc leave the starting team alone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I worry that when Perk comes back Doc sticks Perk in the starting lineup and Shaq won't be near as effective with the second teamers. He gets and is able to finish because of who he playes with.  I hope Doc leave the starting team alone.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

There was one article in the Globe that had Doc saying that Shaq will start but Perk will still get his minutes. I just can't remember the date of that article.

Let's also not forget to thank Kobe for handing Shaq to the Celtics for the vet's minimum. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]I worry that when Perk comes back Doc sticks Perk in the starting lineup and Shaq won't be near as effective with the second teamers. He gets and is able to finish because of who he playes with.  I hope Doc leave the starting team alone.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    I hope so also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

16 points in 22 minutes, 9 rebounds, and 5-5 from the free throw line, I say give Shaq the ball more often and let him post up!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

hard to believe but Shaq is a better free throw shooter than our point guard.  May not seem like much but it is huge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]I'm very happy for Shaq. Not only his play, he was very accomudating with people and his team. He burried his ego and proved to be a gentleman. I never use to like him but I was wrong. I'm embarrassed judging the person.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

this goes for me too. i thought he was a clown at this point in his career. i was so wrong. shaq at age 38 is playing amazing. he can still get way up there on those alley oops from Rondo and Ray. Im glad he is a Celtic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i just don't remember seeing shak do this many alley oop dunks ALL of last year with cleveland as he's done so far this year with us? 

labrone must have really been a turd in the punch bowl for any real team comradery with everyone being so focused on pleasing the narcissistic maniac.  so much so that shak getting any amount of crowd pleasing plays was probably deemed conduct detrimental to the team by the coaching staff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]i just don't remember seeing shak do this many alley oop dunks ALL of last year with cleveland as he's done so far this year with us?  labrone must have really been a turd in the punch bowl for any real team comradery with everyone being so focused on pleasing the narcissistic maniac.  so much so that shak getting any amount of crowd pleasing plays was probably deemed conduct detrimental to the team by the coaching staff.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Ouch Acie,  that is a low blow but I believe you may be right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!! : There was one article in the Globe that had Doc saying that Shaq will start but Perk will still get his minutes. I just can't remember the date of that article. Let's also not forget to thank Kobe for handing Shaq to the Celtics for the vet's minimum. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I don't see any reason to start Perk.  I am sure that he has to play a few games in order to see how effective he can be.  He won't even be close to 100% during this season.   Shaq has been a pleasant surprise for this team.  He definitely seems to be in great shape.  He also has proven to be a fan favorite around the city of Boston.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I am very impressed with Shaq.  The Celtics are incorporating him into the offense and he gives them some scoring inside.  Perk never was a  scoring option and got progressive worse last year as the season went on.  Shaq is the biggest surprise of the season in my opinion.  I just hope that JON can come back and help so Shaq doesnt wear down.  Semih has been a help but he has a ways to go.  I don't hold to much hope for Perk this season.  An ACL is tough to come back from in one year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

shaq has been great. the fans seem to love him and him them (thanks, i made that up myself). more importantly, he and his new teammates seem to really enjoy each other. lots of laughing and shared chuckles. garnett and shaq in particular. i heard in a podcast where all the locker room, warm-up carrying on is a distraction at times for garnett as it makes it harder for him to get into full warrior mode at game time. these things will serve the Cs well come springtime. also, i particularly enjoyed shaq's "off-handed" comment about the celtics being the best team he's played on. we can bet that didn't get past kobe. ha!